Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447551 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FraudMan: 1:02am On Feb 19, 2021
mattfeuter:

Quite confusing which to follow. . . .

We have always advised that we use the lame man English. “I have naira, give me the equivalent in pound”

Coupled with the fact that the rate is always higher, it’s better to use it to have rest of mind.

Not saying the other one is incorrect tho, but just to be on safe side.

It’s actually straightforward and not confusing in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:02am On Feb 19, 2021
mattfeuter:

@Lagosismyhome,

Do you see what happened here? The eco used naira up and pounds down.

While in many cases, we have seen them use pounds up and naira down.

Do you see a pattern ?

Quite confusing which to follow. . . .

I agree very confusing as it appears any can be used depending on the ECO....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bimpei: 7:01am On Feb 19, 2021
ls, is there anyone that submitted application on 26th of jan at VI(Standard) and gotten collection or decision mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2021
giselle237:
use pagaverve. Pagaverve uses cbn rate which is way cheaper for you, flutterwave on the other hand uses black market rate
is pagaverve a diffrent app?. I downloaded the paga app but I couldn't find a section on it where it can be used for payment .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 7:46am On Feb 19, 2021
evenda:
those who travelled from the 15th of feb, how true is this. or what's this process of paying £210 before you can board?
what i don't understand is if it is the total cost for both day 2 & day 8 compulsory covid test on arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#what-you-must-do-before-you-travel

please any additional information on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:58am On Feb 19, 2021
Nielbaba:
is pagaverve a diffrent app?. I downloaded the paga app but I couldn't find a section on it where it can be used for payment .
u dnt have to do anything different, right ther on the payment interface you will see mastercard, visa, paga verve, maestro etc as payment ways by which to proceed. Simply click on pagaverve and follow the instructions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2021
giselle237:
u dnt have to do anything different, right ther on the payment interface you will see mastercard, visa, paga verve, maestro etc as payment ways by which to proceed. Simply click on pagaverve and follow the instructions.
thank you , so the charge will be from the card I added to the paga right ? Also I added a uba master card oo not verve
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evenda: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2021
it is much better than paying £1700+ i believe . Thank God Nigeria isn't on the red list

opomulero:

hmmmm to my own understanding :
you will

1. do test in nigeria to board
2. do 2 tests on day 2 & 8 (u av to pay b4 arriving uk)
3. do another test b4 coming to nigeria
4. u do another test after 7 days in nigeria

all these tests cost roughly ₦305,000:00

why cant they just close there borders.
These people too like money...highly greedy set of homosapiens.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmyGracee: 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2021
Good afternoon all. Please I need help on what to do.
I applied for UK visa, I did biometrics on Nov 2nd 2020 at Abuja. And when I eventually got my passport back, there was no reason for been declined.
I am confused because I don't know how to know the reason why it was declined so if I want to apply again I will know the precautions to take.

I will really appreciate help on how to tackle this.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
temmyGracee:
I applied for UK visa, I did biometrics on Nov 2nd 2020 at Abuja. And when I eventually got my passport back, there was no reason for been declined.
I am confused because I don't know how to know the reason why it was declined so if I want to apply again I will know the precautions to take.

Thank you.
Check ur email. Spam and junk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
Nielbaba:
thank you , so the charge will be from the card I added to the paga right ? Also I added a uba master card oo not verve
No . I am not talkin about linkin d card.
When it is time to pay for ur visa, on the page u will see payment options... mastercard, visa, maestro or pagaverve... simply click pagaverve, not master not visa not maestro. Once u click on pagaverve, u will automatically be taken to where to input ur uba mastercard details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
giselle237:

No . I am not talkin about linkin d card.
When it is time to pay for ur visa, on the page u will see payment options... mastercard, visa, maestro or pagaverve... simply click pagaverve, not master not visa not maestro. Once u click on pagaverve, u will automatically be taken to where to input ur uba mastercard details
ohhh now I get , thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
evenda:
those who travelled from the 15th of feb, how true is this. or what's this process of paying £210 before you can board?
what i don't understand is if it is the total cost for both day 2 & day 8 compulsory covid test on arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england#what-you-must-do-before-you-travel
with reference to this , I guess £210 will be added to whatever budget u have for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lizkf: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
giselle237:

Pls follow up on ur refund. I have cancelled applications several times and received the refund. Just try and follow up or send a mail to the complaints email, they will surely get back to you
Thanks for your advice @Giselle. I have been refunded.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
Lizkf:
Thanks for your advice @Giselle. I have been refunded.
you are welcome!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by temmyGracee: 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
There was no mail in either my inbox or spam/junk folder. Please is there any email I can send my complain to?
giselle237:

Check ur email. Spam and junk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
temmyGracee:
There was no mail in either my inbox or spam/junk folder. Please is there any email I can send my complain to?
check this thread for the complaints email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 1:47am On Feb 20, 2021
Nielbaba:
with reference to this , I guess £210 will be added to whatever budget u have for the trip
I mean added to the total total budget within the disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 12:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
temmyGracee:

Thank you.
Contact home office by using the paid email or phone call option. You will be sorted out without delay.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TFKNAGOD: 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2021
Good day sir/ma. please kindly help a brother with the link to fill uk application form. and also want to confirm if there application center are open. God bless as you help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
Visit visa application link: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply
TFKNAGOD:
Good day sir/ma. please kindly help a brother with the link to fill uk application form. and also want to confirm if there application center are open. God bless as you help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
PLEASE TO DO IELTS B1 EXAM IS THIS SITE OK? https://www.ielts.com/
THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
Bimpei:
ls, is there anyone that submitted application on 26th of jan at VI(Standard) and gotten collection or decision mail
hello, pls I am trying to book appointment for Ikeja but have not been able to get any free date, all self service and assisted service come with compulsory super priority of 943pounds or so, pls what's the way out and has anyone book appointment for Ikeja recently, pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2021
hello, pls I am trying to book appointment for Ikeja but have not been able to get any free date, all self service and assisted service come with compulsory super priority of 943pounds or so, pls what's the way out and has anyone book appointment for Ikeja recently
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mozidat2301:
hello, pls I am trying to book appointment for Ikeja but have not been able to get any free date, all self service and assisted service come with compulsory super priority of 943pounds or so, pls what's the way out and has anyone book appointment for Ikeja recently

Yes i did, but i had to pay for prime time appointment at 8am. Costing about 65 pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blurpy: 12:25am On Feb 22, 2021
Who knows a thing about pharmacist migration to UK from Nigeria..or someone who has
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 12:33am On Feb 22, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Yes i did, but i had to pay for prime time appointment at 8am. Costing about 65 pounds.
I've forgotten the sequence , after payment on ukvi , once u choose a tls centre , can u still change it to another centre ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 22, 2021
Nielbaba:
I've forgotten the sequence , after payment on ukvi , once u choose a tls centre , can u still change it to another centre ?

To be honest i think to do that you might have to start a fresh application.... i don’t really know, not certain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 1:25am On Feb 22, 2021
Irenenwaka:

To be honest i think to do that you might have to start a fresh application.... i don’t really know, not certain
chai lol after payment ? Just trying to look for a centre that will be fair in term of picking appointment day , I've budgeted for the prime package , just wondering when the earlier poster saying it's now all super ........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 5:26am On Feb 22, 2021
Irenenwaka:

ok thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2021
Nielbaba:
No, you can't choose another centre. You will have to cancel the application and start a new application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 7:59am On Feb 22, 2021
royalmu:
No, you can't choose another centre. You will have to cancel the application and start a new application.
alright thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.