Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447242 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seanj1: 5:06am On Feb 13, 2021
Hello
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 5:35am On Feb 13, 2021
Asoko80:
Please my good people
My family and I got rejection letter today
Please I need your help on how to write back to explain things
1) we filled in our application that my husband spend #40,000/a month for expenses but in the letter,the vo said that we mentioned he spend #18,000 a month.
2) vo said he had large deposits as against his salary but payslips of 1 year was shown where he has allowances paid to his salaries ! I kept wondering if the v.o really went through the application thoroughly
3) my kids were denied because their parents were refused and that the kids had no alternative plans on who will take care of them if they travel alone!!
Please house what do I do?
Thank.you all.

This is not a good time to go for tourism in UK or anywhere else because of this global pandemic. Most of the attraction venues are not open. I don't believe anyone in his/her right mind will travel to UK or anywhere else just to sleep in hotel for 7, 10 or 15 days without sightseeing.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 13, 2021
Hello Guys, Goodmorning... please i would like to share a situation that occurred.

My mum got a new passport in December 2018, the new passport had two passport numbers. One number was for the old passport and the other number for the new passport.

I just sent off her application and submitted all her documents, her appointment is on Tuesday at 8am....after i did all this i realised the passport number that was used on the application form and all the letters written was the second number on the passport (which is the number for the previous passport)

I also realised only yesterday that this same mistake was made when she applied twice in 2019(she was refused, although the refusal was as a result of bank statements, the ECO didn’t mention anything at all about the passport number ).

Both numbers (old and new number is on the passport), as a result of this i am hoping there will be no adverse effect and it shouldn’t be a problem. These are just my thoughts

What do you guys think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by uboma(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2021
Sorry to derail this thread...

Yusuf Adeiza Kabiru is a serial Scam Artist. Do not go into any business transaction with him. See more information and his photos on,

https://www.nairaland.com/6412026/yusuf-adeiza-kabiru-serial-scam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
Irenenwaka:
Hello Guys, Goodmorning... please i would like to share a situation that occurred.
My mum got a new passport in December 2018, the new passport had two passport numbers. One number was for the old passport and the other number for the new passport.
I just sent off her application and submitted all her documents, her appointment is on Tuesday at 8am....after i did all this i realised the passport number that was used on the application form and all the letters written was the second number on the passport (which is the number for the previous passport)
I also realised only yesterday that this same mistake was made when she applied twice in 2019(she was refused, although the refusal was as a result of bank statements, the ECO didn’t mention anything at all about the passport number ).
Both numbers (old and new number is on the passport), as a result of this i am hoping there will be no adverse effect and it shouldn’t be a problem. These are just my thoughts
What do you guys think?
There’s a way people say they usually do the correction.. i think at tls or so when they go for biometrics but I am not too sure of that.
I will however tell u the one i have done which is to cancel the application and then apply for a refund, then fill out a new application form and pay again. My money was returned to me in 2 weeks or so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good afternoon gurus , I'm starting my application for a 2years visa and I stumbled on this
If you’re applying for a long-term Standard Visitor visa
You must prove that you’ll only ever be coming to the UK to visit and that you plan to leave at the end of each visit.

You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you do not do this. You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or your application is refused.
please what documents do I need to use to proof this? , Also the purpose of visiting is just to spend my annual leave with my friend. When I got the 6months earlier , I traveled at a later date in December 2019 as against August cos the visa came out 2days to when my leave ellasped
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nielbaba:
Good afternoon gurus , I'm starting my application for a 2years visa and I stumbled on this
If you’re applying for a long-term Standard Visitor visa
You must prove that you’ll only ever be coming to the UK to visit and that you plan to leave at the end of each visit.

You may be given a visa for a shorter period than requested if you do not do this. You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or your application is refused.
please what documents do I need to use to proof this? , Also the purpose of visiting is just to spend my annual leave with my friend. When I got the 6months earlier , I traveled at a later date in December 2019 as against August cos the visa came out 2days to when my leave ellasped

The duration of your visa is based on luck.
All I can say Is apply the same way you applied for your 6months visa but this time around apply for 2 years and don't forget to include your ties.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
Sego12345:

The duration of your visa is based on luck.
All I can say Is apply the same way you applied for your 6months visa but this time around apply for 2 years and don't forget to include your ties.
okay thank you , I'm using all documents from previous application , den adding my new personal business dat started in 2020,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nielbaba:
okay thank you , I'm using all documents from previous application , den adding my new personal business dat started in 2020,

You are good to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Choconilla: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hello all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2021
giselle237:

There’s a way people say they usually do the correction.. i think at tls or so when they go for biometrics but I am not too sure of that.
I will however tell u the one i have done which is to cancel the application and then apply for a refund, then fill out a new application form and pay again. My money was returned to me in 2 weeks or so

Heloo Giselle thank you sooo much for your input.... you know i was also thinking of the possibility of ignoring this mistake and proceeding with appointment as normal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyola(m): 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hello gurus in the house.Pls,how do i go about payment. My master card is declining payment.i called my bank i was told i can only do a maximum of $100 in a month and the payment is $136. Pls,what is the way out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
seyola:
Hello gurus in the house.Pls,how do i go about payment. My master card is declining payment.i called my bank i was told i can only do a maximum of $100 in a month and the payment is $136. Pls,what is the way out?

Use Paga
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisaejiw: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
Cyclops33:
I have experienced this, what I did was create another profile and make another payment which was successful immediately, then I called Uk contact from their platform and cancelled the former, it took 2 days after they requested my account, I got the dollar from world pay as the sender. Good luck

Thank you very much sir/ma
I’ve checked their page I’m not seeing any contact to call
I had to pay 2.75 pounds to send them a mail
Even with that
They are still not responding to what I asked them
I’m tired honestly
Pls can you help me with the contact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisaejiw: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
mattfeuter:

Use Paga

I don’t advice PAGA
Use barterwave
It was PAGA I used that my payment has been stuck on payment pending now
For like a month
And my money hasn’t been refunded
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2021
Fisaejiw:

I don’t advice PAGA
Use barterwave
For like a month
Can u call them?? Stop complaining and call. Unfortunately u have to spend money to get back ur money. U need to inform them as the money is hanging.
Also contact paga’s owner by sending a mail with ur complaints to Tayo@paga.com
If the money is also hangin with them he will work on it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Heloo Giselle thank you sooo much for your input.... you know i was also thinking of the possibility of ignoring this mistake and proceeding with appointment as normal
Pls dnt ignore any error. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
seyola:
Click paga verve. Click on that option. Best to do it at night when traffic is not so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lizkf: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
Irenenwaka:

please do not ignore. I experienced a hitch in my application last year December. I wanted to ignore and probably address it in my supporting letter but I decided to ask the question on this platform. I was advised to cancelled and start new application which I did and had a favorable response. Though I'm yet to be reimbursed but my visa application was approved. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
Lizkf:
please do not ignore. I experienced a hitch in my application last year December. I wanted to ignore and probably address it in my supporting letter but I decided to ask the question on this platform. I was advised to cancelled and start new application which I did and had a favorable response. Though I'm yet to be reimbursed but my visa application was approved. I wish you the best.
Pls follow up on ur refund. I have cancelled applications several times and received the refund. Just try and follow up or send a mail to the complaints email, they will surely get back to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lizkf: 3:27am On Feb 15, 2021
giselle237:

Pls follow up on ur refund. I have cancelled applications several times and received the refund. Just try and follow up or send a mail to the complaints email, they will surely get back to you
Thanks. I will follow up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PaperTubes1(f): 8:49am On Feb 15, 2021
Good thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askari01: 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good Day house, Can 1.3m account balance fly for a UK tourist Visa application...
Monthly salary is 277k
Monthly expenses is 50k....

Budget-
flight- 300k
Hotel- 195k (7nights)
bta- 100k
Total 595k
Approximately -£1100 @ 518

Kindly advise accordingly.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
Fisaejiw:

I don’t advice PAGA
Use barterwave
For like a month

Please Barterwave same as flutter wave? Cos I googled barterwave and it’s flutterwave that is popping up.
Kindly give me the link to barterwave
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
It's Brytewave not barterwave
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good evening house. I came back to Nigeria today. Spent just 7nights with my host. Thank you all for your help. God bless us all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by neurosally(f): 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Abeg, for those who traveled to the UK recently, which airline is better, and which ones still give food. Heard Turkish airline is giving bread for the whole trip. I'm considering Ethiopian! Trust me, I will choose airline cus of food now grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by uipt: 1:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Hello house, i am want to upload documents for self service but the esolo tls app is just rolling when i try to download it. Please advise what i can do about it, and how to book the appointment please.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by wallex1983(m): 4:49am On Feb 16, 2021
Good morning.

Please what could have been the course of this delay and how can I go about it?

Biometric had been done since October 2020 for a Tier 5 visa. Up till now, no response from them. Several mails have been sent.

They keep saying they are escalating the complaints.

Who can I call?

Would it be a good idea to go to the TLS office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blurpy: 6:08am On Feb 16, 2021
Please how much did you spend on your flight and which airline you used
graceodini:
Good evening house. I came back to Nigeria today. Spent just 7nights with my host. Thank you all for your help. God bless us all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Blurpy:
Please how much did you spend on your flight and which airline you used

I used Ethiopia airline and bought the ticket then for almost 259k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.