Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440504 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
Kuploni:
Hello gurus, please a friend applied for UK tourist visa and he refuse, please could've been the problem..

The amount he coated to spend on the trip is high ...1.5m......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
Kuploni:
Though, he plans to reapply, holiday budget will be in which amount??
safest budget is within 2 times of your disposable income. He should not apply now for tourism, there is a pandemic.. no need to show desperation.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kuploni: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
Thanks
giselle237:
safest budget is within 2 times of your disposable income. He should not apply now for tourism, there is a pandemic.. no need to show desperation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by deebaby05(f): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
Thanks giselle237,

I was finally able to upload the documents using my phone. Don't know why i couldn't using my desktop. So do i still need to scan and send all the documents to my niece via mail so she can print them and take along to TLS for the biometrics?

You are well appreciated for dedicating yourself to answering questions without pay. Lol

giselle237:

U have to log in through the email u were sent when you paid. Not to go to tls page urself, log in from the email and you will be able to access tls platform.

And if u still dnt understnd, u dnt need to send any documents to Nigeria tho, everythin used is scan copy sir/ma. Simply scan to whoever will be using it and that’s all. Physical documents are not collected anymore.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
Good evening full house,
Pls I don't know how true this could be, am hearing that the UK is coming up with new rules this 15th February, as regards anyone coming to the UK will go and self isolate in a particular hotel where you pay about 50k a day. I thought if you are going to visit a family friend that will accommodate you is to isolate in the family friend"s house that invited you. Pls just asking for clarification. Thank you. quote author=deebaby05 post=98977047]Thanks giselle237,

I was finally able to upload the documents using my phone. Don't know why i couldn't using my desktop. So do i still need to scan and send all the documents to my niece via mail so she can print them and take along to TLS for the biometrics?

You are well appreciated for dedicating yourself to answering questions without pay. Lol

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
deebaby05:
Thanks giselle237,

No dear you dont need too.... so far you have successfully uploaded all the documents thats fine. Ensure your niece goes with her international passport though

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Good evening full house,
Pls I don't know how true this could be, am hearing that the UK is coming up with new rules this 15th February, as regards anyone coming to the UK will go and self isolate in a particular hotel where you pay about 50k a day. I thought if you are going to visit a family friend that will accommodate you is to isolate in the family friend"s house that invited you. Pls just asking for clarification. Thank you. quote author=deebaby05 post=98977047]Thanks giselle237,

Yes dts about true... but thankfully this doesn’t apply to anyone coming from Nigeria at least for now, cos nigeria is not on the red list thingy. You can have a look at the internet to see affected countries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askari01: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2021
Kuploni:
Hello gurus, please a friend applied for UK tourist visa and he refuse, please could've been the problem..

The problem is that ur. budget is on the high side... May I ask you how much was ur closing balance in the account submitted? Nonetheless, Kindly wait for another 6months before reapplying cos there is no way out once u let the ECO hook you at that corner... It means u didnt take ur time to read this forum before applying ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2021
Kuploni:

Oga, your budget can't work. After your monthly expenses of 100k you are left with 115k monthly.
115k multiply by 2 months = 230k

230k cannot cover your flight ticket not to talk of accommodation, feeding, transportation etc

Your salary and Disposable income is low which means you can't afford a trip to the UK.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 9:21am On Feb 12, 2021
OK thanks for the response
Irenenwaka:

Yes dts about true... but thankfully this doesn’t apply to anyone coming from Nigeria at least for now, cos nigeria is not on the red list thingy. You can have a look at the internet to see affected countries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kuploni: 10:40am On Feb 12, 2021
OK, how much should it be because he had 3.5m in his closing balance.
kunzzy4me:

The amount he coated to spend on the trip is high ...1.5m......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kuploni: 10:41am On Feb 12, 2021
3.5m
askari01:

The problem is that ur. budget is on the high side... May I ask you how much was ur closing balance in the account submitted? Nonetheless, Kindly wait for another 6months before reapplying cos there is no way out once u let the ECO hook you at that corner... It means u didnt take ur time to read this forum before applying ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kuploni: 10:43am On Feb 12, 2021
OK, what can he do in this case??
Sego12345:

Oga, your budget can't work. After your monthly expenses of 100k you are left with 115k monthly.
115k multiply by 2 months = 230k

230k cannot cover your flight ticket not to talk of accommodation, feeding, transportation etc

Your salary and Disposable income is low which means you can't afford a trip to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 10:58am On Feb 12, 2021
Kuploni:
OK, what can he do in this case??

Except there is an increment in your salary and also reduction in your monthly expenses, will you be able to afford your travelling expenses to the UK.

Also try to know the cost of your plane ticket and accommodation (cheapest).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
Please my good people
My family and I got rejection letter today
Please I need your help on how to write back to explain things
1) we filled in our application that my husband spend #40,000/a month for expenses but in the letter,the vo said that we mentioned he spend #18,000 a month.
2) vo said he had large deposits as against his salary but payslips of 1 year was shown where he has allowances paid to his salaries ! I kept wondering if the v.o really went through the application thoroughly
3) my kids were denied because their parents were refused and that the kids had no alternative plans on who will take care of them if they travel alone!!
Please house what do I do?
Thank.you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
Refusal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 2:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
Asoko80:
Please my good people
My family and I got rejection letter today
Please I need your help on how to write back to explain things
1) we filled in our application that my husband spend #40,000/a month for expenses but in the letter,the vo said that we mentioned he spend #18,000 a month.
2) vo said he had large deposits as against his salary but payslips of 1 year was shown where he has allowances paid to his salaries ! I kept wondering if the v.o really went through the application thoroughly
3) my kids were denied because their parents were refused and that the kids had no alternative plans on who will take care of them if they travel alone!!
Please house what do I do?
Thank.you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
The letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
His monthly spendings

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
Asoko80:
His monthly spendings
The only place perhaps I can fault this ECO is that he stated ur husband’s expenses to be GHS 1,800
lool. Is ur currency ghs? Should have been naira there and the amount ur husband put so yes you can get this visa based on this technicality.
Apply for reconsideration based on these complaints, citing rushed review of ur application as also evidenced by several mistakes in ur refusal letter and also any other thing you want to state to win ur case.
Put the correct details in the subject of ur email and then send the mail to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chrisj2(m): 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
Regardless of the mistake; applying for tourism is somehow somehow these days...

Did you say that your monthly expenses is #40000 for a family... I am sorry, I don't get that! It has s not plausible and wanting to take a family on tourism is another issue...

They rushed your application because I suspect most tourism visa application currently will most likely be refused unless they know you are a Dubai crew - ready to spend big bucks in the UK and with solid ties and money in Nigeria.

Oh well!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hello guys please i am trying to book an appointment, i am only see prime time appointments.... every day has the sold out icon even till the end of march.

Please any suggestions Also if i get off the page can i still access it ?? Or would it ruin my application

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyola(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hello gurus in the house, pls while uploading documents, hotel reservation come under what? Is it Proof of residency, Sponsor evidence or Accommodation?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisaejiw: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hello
Pls house I need your help
I paid for my friend’s visa application 124,615
The account started showing payment pending
I made the payment through PAGA
I contacted PAGA the next day and they said it takes about 7-9 working days to get a confirmation from UKVI
We needed to make that payment ASAP
My friend had to open another account and the payment was made through BARTERWAVE
In less than a minute she got a confirmation mail
I kept messaging PAGA and they kept telling me they were in touch with their partners in order to get details of the transaction
PAGA mailed me 10 days later with a receipt that the transaction has been successfully made
I was asked to contact UKVI for more clarification
I tried searching online for their contact
I didn’t see anything
I went to TLS in Lagos, they said they are not in charge
It’s been 3 weeks now
The page is still stuck on payment pending
I’m yet to be refunded my money
I’m frustrated and I don’t know what to do
Pls help pls

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
Fisaejiw:
Hello
I contacted PAGA the next day and they said it takes about 7-9 working days to get a confirmation from UKVI
My friend had to open another account and the payment was made through BARTERWAVE
I kept messaging PAGA and they kept telling me they were in touch with their partners in order to get details of the transaction
PAGA mailed me 10 days later with a receipt that the transaction has been successfully made
I didn’t see anything
It’s been 3 weeks now
Pls help pls

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Asoko80: 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2021
Thanks so much for your prompt response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
seyola:
Hello gurus in the house, pls while uploading documents, hotel reservation come under what? Is it Proof of residency, Sponsor evidence or Accommodation?

''Others"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
Irenenwaka:
Hello guys please i am trying to book an appointment, i am only see prime time appointments.... every day has the sold out icon even till the end of march.

Please any suggestions Also if i get off the page can i still access it ?? Or would it ruin my application

You have to keep checking, you might be lucky.
Sure, you can still access the page anytime

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyola(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sego12345:

''Others"
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisaejiw: 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisaejiw: 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 1:37am On Feb 13, 2021
I have experienced this, what I did was create another profile and make another payment which was successful immediately, then I called Uk contact from their platform and cancelled the former, it took 2 days after they requested my account, I got the dollar from world pay as the sender. Good luck
Fisaejiw:
Hello
I didn’t see anything
It’s been 3 weeks now
Pls help pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.