Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416828 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
giselle237:
you are welcome
1. Do u hv a family member in d UK? Answer= No 2. Do u hv address you'll be staying during ur visit? Answer=Yes 3. How much u earn in a year? 4. How much are u planning to spend in during visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
MercyBA:
Good evening house, please am applying for tier 2 visa soon I want to know if I can use my parents statement of account for the first month fund,or it has to be my own personal account.

What type of tier 2 visa? Is your sponsor A rated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dare120: 4:44am On Mar 31, 2021
Sir i am new here and i have been reading comments and advice regarding UK application....i also want to make an inquiry
I am planning to submit a uk application soon it a family visit as i have a brother who already send IV, passport pages of his children and his own, house rent etc....i worked in my dad company as the human resource manager and i earn 350,000k, am married and also on my phD programme in unilag....i also have a small business venture in school where i do data analyst, proof read thesis and project which also bring income to me starting from 10k to about 30k from students on campus which is also added in my salary account
....how can i also explain dat to the ECO or which evidence can i add to my application . Also my brother did not include his bank statement hope it will not affect me

Thank as i await response from u guys sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Dare120:
Sir i am new here and i have been reading comments and advice regarding UK application....i also want to make an inquiry
I am planning to submit a uk application soon it a family visit as i have a brother who already send IV, passport pages of his children and his own, house rent etc....i worked in my dad company as the human resource manager and i earn 350,000k, am married and also on my phD programme in unilag....i also have a small business venture in school where i do data analyst, proof read thesis and project which also bring income to me starting from 10k to about 30k from students on campus which is also added in my salary account
....how can i also explain dat to the ECO or which evidence can i add to my application . Also my brother did not include his bank statement hope it will not affect me
Thank as i await response from u guys sir
I can not think of evidence or anything that will not complicate your matter concerning explaining to ECO about these other amounts u say that come into ur acct from students for thesis writing... separate ur accounts, and dnt complicate things..
U can still wait, run a clean acct for 5 to 6 months devoid of complications than to rush there and get denied bcus trust me it can be very painful.
Let anyone tht wants to pay for thesis pay into a second account that u won’t submit for ur visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:24am On Mar 31, 2021
Moving4:

1. Do u hv a family member in d UK?
Answer= No
2. Do u hv address you'll be staying during ur visit?
Answer=Yes
3. How much u earn in a year?
4. How much are u planning to spend in during visit?
What is the main reason for your visit to the uk? U should be able to answer this... so what’s the reason?
2. Address u will be staying... you picked yes.. which address is this?
3.. ur monthly salary x 12
4. Do not exceed twice your disposable income
So i ask how much is ur salary? How much is ur monthly expenses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 6:43am On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:

What is the main reason for your visit to the uk? U should be able to answer this... so what’s the reason?
2. Address u will be staying... you picked yes.. which address is this?
3.. ur monthly salary x 12
4. Do not exceed twice your disposable income
So i ask how much is ur salary? How much is ur monthly expenses?
1. My reason is to go to d UK, I was connected to d guy thu my brother, I don't really know him so I'm trying to dodge any question dat may b technical for me that's y I said NO, I don't hv family member but I'm going to stay with him, & that's y I picked YES to address I'm going to stay.

But please can you just help me coin a reasonable "Reason for visiting"? Something dat will make sense to Dem. I was thinking of saying to visit family members & den research for any affordable University for my masters but den I already said NO to "if I hv family members" dere.

those 2 is confusing me now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MercyBA: 6:56am On Mar 31, 2021
Cyberknight:

You should use your own account.
If you've gotten a job in the UK, surely your parents can transfer the naira equivalent of £1,270 into your account for 28 days?

OK thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2021
Nielbaba:
Good evening house , is there an update from anyone that had his /her biometric on the 5th of March ?

Have you gotten a response ?? what kind of visa did you apply for ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EJEHSON(m): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2021
Please am trying to seek for admission in any UK university for PhD in clinical psychology.
Please, if there is any one here who can recommend a university offering that course? I'll be very grateful please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Tmeegal:

Have you gotten a response ?? what kind of visa did you apply for ??
just checked dis morning my application has been transferred to VAC .hopefully next week I should get my passport . 2years visitors visa
Edited
Now with dhl , should receive it hopefully tomao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mindlog: 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
EJEHSON:
Please am trying to seek for admission in any UK university for PhD in clinical psychology.
Please, if there is any one here who can recommend a university offering that course? I'll be very grateful please.

Do you mean Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)? But if it is PhD, The University of Manchester offers it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DexterMayor: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:
V.I center is not free... if u want to use there, u pay the service amount
as for upload.. log into your application through the link that was sent tp your email and pay, once u have paid your visa fee u will be able to see where it takes you to choosing biometrics date and uploading documents.

How much is the service amount please?

Also, I like to know how can I pay for the IHS fees since the naira Mastercard is not going through for payments?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Moving4:

1. My reason is to go to d UK, I was connected to d guy thu my brother, I don't really know him so I'm trying to dodge any question dat may b technical for me that's y I said NO, I don't hv family member but I'm going to stay with him, & that's y I picked YES to address I'm going to stay.

But please can you just help me coin a reasonable "Reason for visiting"? Something dat will make sense to Dem. I was thinking of saying to visit family members & den research for any affordable University for my masters but den I already said NO to "if I hv family members" dere.

What are you truly going to do in the uk?? Are you just travelling to go and stay with a guy you don’t know but got introduced to you by brother?? Don’t yu have a purpose for travelling?? Business ? Visit ? Holiday?? or what No one here can coin a reason for you because no one knows what your true plans are except you. Go through past postss, everyone on here has always had a purpose and thats just all the embassy wants to know nothing critical.

If you don’t have a clear reason as to why you want to travel to the uk, you are on your way to a refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
EJEHSON:

Have you checked the student thread?? Please check there you might find potential students like yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Good evening good people, please in filling tier2 visa form, if one puts his/her brp collection post office in a different city from the location of the employer is it a problem (I.e will one be denied visa because of that)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Chijiuba:
Good evening good people, please in filling tier2 visa form, if one puts his/her brp collection post office in a different city from the location of the employer is it a problem (I.e will one be denied visa because of that)?
u have upto 90 days from date of arrival to pick up your BRP, pls select the post office in your city that is closest to your address in post code. Don’t complicate matters
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Moving4:

U are on your way to refusal. U think uk visa is like this... smh.. to go to the UK to do what??
By the way you can research for university online, that is why google is there. That reason will never be accepted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
DexterMayor:

How much is the service amount please? Last i remember was around 27k

Also, I like to know how can I pay for the IHS fees since the naira Mastercard is not going through for payments
?
Get some one with a domiciliary card to make payment for you or you open a barter by Flutterwave virtual dollar card and then buy dollars from aboki to fund it..
Google how to open the virtual card if u decide to go with option 2... all the info is online

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:
u have upto 90 days from date of arrival to pick up your BRP, pls select the post office in your city that is closest to your address in post code. Don’t complicate matters
Thank you giselle237 for your response, I really appreciate, but in the case when one has already submitted the application, do you advice its cancelled or can it lead to a refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
Chijiuba:

Thank you giselle237 for your response, I really appreciate, but in the case when one has already submitted the application, do you advice its cancelled or can it lead to a refusal?
hmm
It’s clearly stated on the form to choose the nearest post office close to your address, if you go and put post office in another city... it doesn’t sit right.
I for one cnt tell u if this is grounds for refusal bcus it is tricky.. but i do know this selection does not make sense..
In these times of COVID and delayed BRP, what if the brp doesn’t come out in time- will u now go to your city of employment to resume without a brp?? As u wud be needing the NI number.. or u want to wait in another city... doesn’t make sense in all angles as u are allowed 90 days to pick up. They will even ask u your address when u come for the pick up and document this.. dnt complicate your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
Irenenwaka:

What are you truly going to do in the uk?? Are you just travelling to go and stay with a guy you don’t know but got introduced to you by brother?? Don’t yu have a purpose for travelling?? Business ? Visit ? Holiday?? or what No one here can coin a reason for you because no one knows what your true plans are except you. Go through past postss, everyone on here has always had a purpose and thats just all the embassy wants to know nothing critical.

If you don’t have a clear reason as to why you want to travel to the uk, you are on your way to a refusal.
My reason is to visit a friend, isn't this enough reason?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EJEHSON(m): 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
Yes PhD, I was told Manchester offers it but it's to expensive. Is there any other university offering it?
Mindlog:

Do you mean Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)? But if it is PhD, The University of Manchester offers it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:

U are on your way to refusal. U think uk visa is like this... smh.. to go to the UK to do what??
By the way you can research for university online, that is why google is there. That reason will never be accepted.
I just want to go and visit e friend, this is just d reason I'm going really
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EJEHSON(m): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ok thanks
Irenenwaka:

Have you checked the student thread?? Please check there you might find potential students like yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Moving4:

I just want to go and visit e friend, this is just d reason I'm going really
u clearly said here you do not know the person that well, if you can’t convince yourself... what makes you think the visa officer will be convinced, let alone give you the visa to go and see this ‘unknown’ friend?
I remember ur story, if u can't take advice there’s no point wasting my strength speaking to someone that doesn't want to listen. U dnt have any ties to convince anyone, a refusal is certain if u continue this way..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mindlog: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
EJEHSON:
Yes PhD, I was told Manchester offers it but it's to expensive. Is there any other university offering it?

DClinPsy which I will be focusing on next year is not even cheaper! I don't know of other Universities that offers it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Moving4: 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:
u clearly said here you do not know the person that well, if you can’t convince yourself... what makes you think the visa officer will be convinced, let alone give you the visa to go and see this ‘unknown’ friend?
I remember ur story, if u can't take advice there’s no point wasting my strength speaking to someone that doesn't want to listen. U dnt have any ties to convince anyone, a refusal is certain if u continue this way..
So dat means since I don't directly know d person I'll b staying with, dere is no way I can be granted d standard visitors visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nielbaba:
just checked dis morning my application has been transferred to VAC .hopefully next week I should get my passport . 2years visitors visa
Edited
Now with dhl , should receive it hopefully tomao

That’s great news ...still waiting for mine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
@giselle
Pls I had my biometrics on 17th Feb and since then till now my application has been with the decision making center
I have not gotten a reply
I have an exam in the UK next month and my proposed date of entry is 11th April .
I sent UKVI a message after the first 15 working days without a reply and was told they will escalate it to the Eco again and I should wait for another 15 working days. The latest 15 working days will expire tonight yet no sign of any approval/Disapproval from the Eco

I tracked it and it is still at the decision making center. This is highly frustrating for me as I submitted my application as far back as February 17 and till today no reply

I have just 11 days to my proposed date of entry and I have not heard anything (I have factored in the 10 day isolation period that was why I chose April 11 as entry date)

Pls I am so confused and very sad right now ?
Pls what else can I do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
asjay:
@giselle
Pls I had my biometrics on 17th Feb and since then till now my application has been with the decision making center
I have an exam in the UK next month and my proposed date of entry is 11th April .
I sent UKVI a message after the first 15 working days without a reply and was told they will escalate it to the Eco again and I should wait for another 15 working days. The latest 15 working days will expire tonight yet no sign of any approval/Disapproval from the Eco
I tracked it and it is still at the decision making center. This is highly frustrating for me as I submitted my application as far back as February 17 and till today no reply
I have just 11 days to my proposed date of entry and I have not heard anything (I have factored in the 10 day isolation period that was why I chose April 11 as entry date)
Pls what else can I do
Call them. Use the paid call service and call ukvi.
Load ur debit card and make the call.
Also send complaints to the complaints and public enquiries email. Certainly this decision making has taken so long... goodluck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
giselle237:

Call them. Use the paid call service and call ukvi.
Load ur debit card and make the call.
Also send complaints to the complaints and public enquiries email. Certainly this decision making has taken so long... goodluck!
Thank you for your response
The message I sent was also a paid email message to ukvi and they replied by asking me to wait another 15 working days which expires today

Pls if I want to call them like how much should I load on my phone
Also I didn't get the debit card you talked about,pls can you explain to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
asjay:
@giselle

Pls what else can I do

Ahhh please oo place a call... my mums biometric was on the 25th of feb i think.

Her visa came out since like the 7th of march. Please call them as Giselle directed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.