Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416723 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gratefulme: 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nielbaba:
No , u will have to start your application again and make another payment (u can request for refund )
Awwww. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owee: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please can you advise on the documents to take for a Biometric appointment at TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Stephforme: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nchabuomo:

TLS Abuja is open as at today.
please does anyone know the tracking site for TKS Abuja, to track my passport process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
Thank you everyone. My fit to fly test has been booked with express test in birmingham 80 pounds. My question and worry now is I am leaving on the 11th of may through turkish airline. I will arrive in Nigeria the next day in the evening. Its a long wait in istanbul pls are they going to give us food during that long stop over and it's also the period of ramadan will they give us food o make I know how I go pack snacks for bag o I beg o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iyanu6000: 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good Evening Everyone,

I need your advise and I will appreciate every contribution.

I got married last year and changed my name , however my international passport is with my maiden name, I have applied for new passport but I am yet to another one, immigration claims there is no passport.

I just got admission and I would like to apply for my student visa with my dependent, can I still use my passport with my maiden name? I don’t know if I can attach all supporting documents and apply.

2) I am also in between choosing a university in Bradford and Hull..same course which is more preferable to live as a family.

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Wales1111:
Thank you everyone. My fit to fly test has been booked with express test in birmingham 80 pounds. My question and worry now is I am leaving on the 11th of may through turkish airline. I will arrive in Nigeria the next day in the evening. Its a long wait in istanbul pls are they going to give us food during that long stop over and it's also the period of ramadan will they give us food o make I know how I go pack snacks for bag o I beg o.

If your stop over is 8 to 12 hours the airline has an obligation of providing you with hotel accommodations and food unless it’s stated otherwise on your travelling ticket. So I suggest you check the terms of your ticket.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fisherlala:

If your stop over is 8 to 12 hours the airline has an obligation of providing you with hotel accommodations and food unless it’s stated otherwise on your travelling ticket. So I suggest you check the terms of your ticket.
thanks so much it's not stated otherwise in the ticket and the wait is over 10hours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 5:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
I hope I won't be charged for transit visa to get access to the accomodations? Pls gurus in the house. Advice pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Iyanu6000:
Good Evening Everyone,

I got married last year and changed my name , however my international passport is with my maiden name, I have applied for new passport but I am yet to another one, immigration claims there is no passport.

I just got admission and I would like to apply for my student visa with my dependent, can I still use my passport with my maiden name? I don’t know if I can attach all supporting documents and apply.

2) I am also in between choosing a university in Bradford and Hull..same course which is more preferable to live as a family.

Thank you so much

feel free to use ur passport with ur maiden name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
Wales1111:
I hope I won't be charged for transit visa to get access to the accomodations? Pls gurus in the house. Advice pls
send an email to them to confirm first. If u are entitled to free hotel because of ur flight ticket. These two conditions must be met to qualify for hotel.
They only offer hotel if you hve a long transit time + they hve no other options of flight going to your direction that wud have had shorter time interval.
If they confirm u will get hotel accommodation, then yu wud need to pay for Turkish e-visa
Simply go online and apply. Less than 20k and u wud get it immediately u pay. Pls use the correct website
Do this only if they tell u, that u are entitled to hotel.
Otherwise if not, when u land, locate turkish airline help desk and ask for any meal tickets if u are entitled as well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
giselle237:
send an email to them to confirm first. If u are entitled to free hotel because of ur flight ticket. These two conditions must be met to qualify for hotel.
They only offer hotel if you hve a long transit time + they hve no other options of flight going to your direction that wud have had shorter time interval.
If they confirm u will get hotel accommodation, then yu wud need to pay for Turkish e-visa
Simply go online and apply. Less than 20k and u wud get it immediately u pay. Pls use the correct website
Do this only if they tell u, that u are entitled to hotel.
Otherwise if not, when u land, locate turkish airline help desk and ask for any meal tickets if u are entitled as well.
thanks bro pls Give me their email address pls if you have idea pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Wales1111:
thanks so much it's not stated otherwise in the ticket and the wait is over 10hours

On that note I think you should be eligible for free hotel accommodations, benefit of Turkish Airlines. You should proceed to the Hotel Desk of Turkish Airlines which is located past immigration and customs control but the obligation to enter the country is on you ( passport, visas etc)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iyanu6000: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
Are you sure ??

giselle237:
feel free to use ur passport with ur maiden name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Iyanu6000:
Good Evening Everyone,

Thank you so much

If your new passport is taking too long and you don’t have such time on your hand you can use use the one with your maiden name attach your marriage certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
You are required to show you have an English language ability of at least level B1 on
the Common European Framework of Reference for languages in all four
components.
The English Language test result you provided shows you have not met the required
level of B1 in two of the four components of the test (reading and writing). You must
obtain level B1 in all four components (reading, writing, speaking and listening).

my issue is B1 only entails speaking and listening.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Iyanu6000:
Are you sure ??
these are not Nigerians... they do not carry married name or change anywhere.. use ur passport with ur maiden name and fill that u are married and attach all other proofs of marriage, that is all

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theflint1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hello house, is it important I show strong home ties on my VISA when applying for a Tier 2 VISA?

What if I was jobless for a while prior to getting the said job, how does this factor in the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2021
Theflint1:
Hello house, is it important I show strong home ties on my VISA when applying for a Tier 2 VISA?

What if I was jobless for a while prior to getting the said job, how does this factor in the application?

which ielts did yo do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2021
Theflint1:
tier 2 and home ties? Not needed. Focus on getting COS from a rated sponsor, tb test result, ihs fees if applicable, living expenses in account for self +/- dependents for the required days(check www.gov.uk for the guidelines) and english test if required.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Captaincool1:

which ielts did yo do
u need ielts academic or ielts ukvi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Oggg:
u need ielts academic or ielts ukvi

Which of the IELTS ukvi cos I did speaking and listening. B1.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 13, 2021
Healhtyliving:
Hello @irenenwaka and fellow nairalander, I am planning to invite my mother over to the UK for a one month visit between June and July all expense paid. Her profile, a petty trader and also helps dad manages his farm business(Both unregistered)
Documents already put together
1) 3months bank statement from me
2) My resident permit (tier 2 )
3) My birth certificate
4) Invitation letter from me to mum. Purpose stated as it's been over a year that my family left Nig to work in the Uk and I'll like her to visit.
5) Letter from my dad that he and my siblings have no problem with my mum visiting the uk
6) Mum's 2 land doc
7) Letter from me to ECO stating my intention to fully sponsor the trip
8 ) Reference letter from my place of work
9) My passport data page
10) My tenancy agreement for a 3 bed house in London.
11) Parents marriage certificate

Is there any other thing I should add to make the application a success.

Hello sorry for late response..... I delivered in the early hours of april 8th.

You stated yur mum is a trader..... her trip will be fully sponsored by you but you need to include a bank statement belonging to her to give ECO a clear understanding Of her finances

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iyanu6000: 5:48am On Apr 13, 2021
My bank statement has new my name while my admission and passport has my maiden name, can I still go ahead to do that ?

giselle237:
these are not Nigerians... they do not carry married name or change anywhere.. use ur passport with ur maiden name and fill that u are married and attach all other proofs of marriage, that is all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DonyatCFC: 5:50am On Apr 13, 2021
Hello house. I booked a biometrics appointment with assisted service for next week. However, i am unable to 'proceed to checkout' after making payment. I got a mail from TLS confirming my payment and the booking date is included in the mail. Please how do I proceed to checkout? Is the printout of this mail the only thing i need?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 5:56am On Apr 13, 2021
Congratulations sis.
Irenenwaka:

Hello sorry for late response..... I delivered in the early hours of april 8th.

You stated yur mum is a trader..... her trip will be fully sponsored by you but you need to include a bank statement belonging to her to give ECO a clear understanding Of her finances

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Maiyakz: 9:03am On Apr 13, 2021
Good morning guys,

Hope we all are doing well?

Am currently about to submit my wife's dependent visa application as am on a Tier 2 visa and I need your take on what we have done so far to proof financial/maintenance requirement:

1. I Work for an 'A' sponsor company, so submitting my three months payslip since am paid above £30k per annum

2. Submitting my and her three month bank statement

3. Saved up at least £1k in my account and £1k equivalent in her account in Nigeria for 28 days which will reflect in the bank statement.

4. Also submitting my COS even though it doesn't reflect her maintenance on it, just cover basis.

Please guys your advice and suggestions will go a long way, just want to be sure am on the right track to avoid stories that touch. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by steadyMoving22: 9:04am On Apr 13, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
Wales1111:

Food is the last thing to worry about when you are traveling because you can buy this at airport during your layover.

As per getting free hotel/meal voucher from Turkish airlines: This depends on the type of ticket you are holding. For economy class - the layover must be at least 12 hours.

Check with the airline to get first hand information about this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
Captaincool1:

Which of the IELTS ukvi cos I did speaking and listening. B1.
ielts ukvi b1 is if u are applying for citizenship or indefinite leave.. pls what visa exactly are u applying for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
Iyanu6000:
My bank statement has new my name while my admission and passport has my maiden name, can I still go ahead to do that ?
u can.. u have documents to show u are married eg, marriage certificate, wedding pictures and if u like newspaper publication and/or sworn affidavit for change of name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Islamiat01: 8:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good evening Nairalanders, please I need some clarifications concerning my husband visa application. We got married after I applied for my student visa as a single which was Dec. 30th and I got my visa Jan 11. Now the agent told us we have to wait till our marriage is 6 months which will be around June before my husband could apply for dependent visa. Please, I want to know if that is true. I await your responses please

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.