Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,607 members, 7,770,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416861 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babz170: 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2021
jargo192:
VISA ALERT.
2 year renewal.

Previous travel on 6 months and 2 years UK visa.

Declared denials to USA and Germany.

Priority submission 5 days.

Thanks to all the gurus in the house.
the visa will be on the passport and stamped??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biggyman11: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
hammedkazeem:
Good morning house, please am aiming to apply for uk visit, I was denied visa 2007 as a student due to small on my sponsor statement den, now am working with bank as a contract staff and has my personal corporate account, married with a kid. Please what and do I need to get visit visa? ThAnkz

how much is your salary ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Guest911: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Fisherlala:

With your dad fulfilling the financial requirement of 18,600 pounds per year in the UK you can look at family reunification and settlement visa.
Under the part 8 of the uk immigration rule you can apply for child visa if you are below 18 but note if you are married and you are below 18 you will be treated as an adult.but if you are an adult I.e above 18 it could be a bit difficult check the requirements.
Thanks, I just googled uk family reunification and settlement visa it happens to be a refugee category. If by any chance you know where I can get more info lemme know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
Guest911:
Thanks, I just googled uk family reunification and settlement visa it happens to be a refugee category. If by any chance you know where I can get more info lemme know

Application for visa (family settlement or reunion): form appendix 1 VAF4A
Form to go with VAF4A (family visa) application for an adult dependant relative, a child of settled parents or a parent given leave before 9 July 2012.
You can copy the above information and paste it on google search engine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ecton(m): 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
Hello Gurus in the House. Please I am trying to apply for a 2 years visa and I need some pointers.

I have visited before in 2019 with a 6 months visa sponsored by my work company and I spent 1 week. I later visited again with the visa during Christmas in 2019 and spent 1 month with my uncle over there. Went for his PhD graduation and spent the holidays there.

Now I am trying to apply and self sponsor. My Uncle is no longer there as he's done with his program and back to Nigeria.

My question is if self sponsoring will decrease my chances of getting the 2 years visa or if it would be better to find someone there that will send me an invitation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
ecton:
Hello Gurus in the House. Please I am trying to apply for a 2 years visa and I need some pointers.

I have visited before in 2019 with a 6 months visa sponsored by my work company and I spent 1 week. I later visited again with the visa during Christmas in 2019 and spent 1 month with my uncle over there. Went for his PhD graduation and spent the holidays there.

Now I am trying to apply and self sponsor. My Uncle is no longer there as he's done with his program and back to Nigeria.

My question is if self sponsoring will decrease my chances of getting the 2 years visa or if it would be better to find someone there that will send me an invitation?

Since you didn’t bridge the conditions of your previous visa and I presume you have not changed job then with good salary and reasonable bank account you should be able to sponsor yourself.
If you are going for tourism as an adult it will only make sense if you sponsor yourself.
I also don’t like the invitation thingy except if you are a child or it’s your spouse sponsoring you because your sponsor finances and relationship will be put into consideration and they will also check yours too so it’s like double assessment to me.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ecton(m): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2021
Thanks a lot. I'll proceed and self sponsor. Will keep the house updated on the progress.

Fisherlala:

Since you didn’t bridge the conditions of your previous visa and I presume you have not changed job then with good salary and reasonable bank account you should be able to sponsor yourself.
If you are going for tourism as an adult it will only make sense if you sponsor yourself.
I also don’t like the invitation thingy except if you are a child or it’s your spouse sponsoring you because your sponsor finances and relationship will be put into consideration and they will also check yours too so it’s like double assessment to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iyanu6000: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2021
Good Morning Everyone,
I need someone that stays in hull for some questioning please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 11:57am On Apr 16, 2021
hello house, please I have a question to ask, my wife is in Nigeria, and I am planning on her joining me in the UK after my studies during my post-study.
someone told me that it will be difficult to get a dependent during my post-study. please I need an advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
seyola:
Hello Gurus in the house. A friend just got refused 2years UK visit visit visa. As seen in the letter, the ECO claimed he doesn't have enough fund to finance the trip. This is somebody that athached a valid return Turkish airline ticket that he bought last year but couldn't travel because of Pandemic. He works with a Multinational and has a closing balance of almost 3m in his salary acct as the time he apllied. Pls can he write to be reconsidered as I don't believe the ECO did justice to his application? He previously had 6months wc he didn't use because of Pandemic.

Your friend shouldn't bother the ECO office.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nafitari: 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hello house, I plan to apply for a business visit to the UK. I have a series of business meetings and some onboarding (that cannot be done on zoom) in our UK office last week in May. Has anyone received visiting visa recently especially if they intend to stay in a hotel? The trip is certainly sponsored by my company but I'm not sure how to go about the application. Can I just select a hotel to stay in the accommodation part of the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
nafitari:
Hello house, I plan to apply for a business visit to the UK. I have a series of business meetings and some onboarding (that cannot be done on zoom) in our UK office last week in May. Has anyone received visiting visa recently especially if they intend to stay in a hotel? The trip is certainly sponsored by my company but I'm not sure how to go about the application. Can I just select a hotel to stay in the accommodation part of the application?

i think if its sponsored by ur company, they should take total responsibility of everything now, why bodering urself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
nafitari:

Put the hotel’s name and address you intend to stay as your accommodation but make sure it’s the same hotel bookings print out you are submitting with your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bee2021: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
I opened this account in order to comment since I have been following the topic as a guest. I had already applied for a dependent visa(health and care) before coming across this thread.
Here's my timeline;
23rd March - Submitted my application online.
30th March - Biometrics at Abuja
15th April. - Email from TLS stating that my
documentt was ready for collection
16th April. - Passport returned with visa

DOCUMENTS submitted
1. Proof of marriage (Marriage certificate and photos of my registry wedding only)
2. My husband's BRP, COS, and passport page. N/B COS has maintenance.
3. TB test
4. Police report.
In the past, I have been refused visitor's visa twice.
Well, I hope this helps someone.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyanuakin(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hi gurus, I'm an immigration officer, my cousin is getting married in august, planning on going for the wedding , would be there for two weeks. Any advice or pointer pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
I think it will be better someone sends you an invite, alot of people have been denied lately, Covid is till on, going for a vacation right now and staying at an hotel might not be the best approach.

ecton:
Thanks a lot. I'll proceed and self sponsor. Will keep the house updated on the progress.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 1:51am On Apr 17, 2021
ibukunpops:
I think it will be better someone sends you an invite, alot of people have been denied lately, Covid is till on, going for a vacation right now and staying at an hotel might not be the best approach.

All things been equal by late June most of the countries in the UK will be on level 0 lockdown in fact international holiday and non essential travel will be opened by May 17 according to Grant Shapps, since he can apply for his visa 3 months before his departure date it should not be a big deal.
Talking about COVID-19 I don’t see any wrong in self isolating in the hotel for instance in Ireland if you are coming from Nigeria you have to self isolate in the hotel for 14 days before hitting the town this is not only applicable to visitors even Irish will do same.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by piro007(m): 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good day bosses in the aus, pls my wife wants to apply for UK visa to go and write her nclex exams, pls how can we go about it, South Africa ambassy rejected her reason was that her hotel booking was fake. Same hotel others booked and were granted visa. Pls ur kind advice will be highly appreciated. I don't mind using a good agent also. Tks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babz170: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Bee2021:
I opened this account in order to comment since I have been following the topic as a guest. I had already applied for a dependent visa(health and care) before coming across this thread.
Here's my timeline;
23rd March - Submitted my application online.
30th March - Biometrics at Abuja
15th April. - Email from TLS stating that my
documentt was ready for collection
16th April. - Passport returned with visa

DOCUMENTS submitted
1. Proof of marriage (Marriage certificate and photos of my registry wedding only)
2. My husband's BRP, COS, and passport page. N/B COS has maintenance.
3. TB test
4. Police report.
In the past, I have been refused visitor's visa twice.
Well, I hope this helps someone.
congratulations bro I track my application on the TLS app he says my passport is ready for collection for over two weeks now but no sms or email from them my question is should I go for collection?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morinto: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pls I apply for a pre master program in aston university. Their fees is 5k pound for a semester which is ok. But the program is just four month. I dont know if it is tier 4 visa there would give me because I want to use the avenue to start my master or just visa of that 4 month program then later I would reapply for a tier 4 visa for master?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
just4obitex:
hello house, please I have a question to ask, my wife is in Nigeria, and I am planning on her joining me in the UK after my studies during my post-study.
someone told me that it will be difficult to get a dependent during my post-study. please I need an advice

Depends on what you mean by "difficult".
The rules state that you can apply for a dependant when you switch to a post-study visa, but that dependant must already be in the UK with you as a student dependant first.

In other words, you must first apply for a student dependant visa for your wife before you finish your studies, then bring her to the UK, after which you two can apply for the post-study visa together from inside the UK. A dependant cannot apply for the post-study visa from outside the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please house I kindly need you advise on my case, I have a business I'm running for 3 years but officially registered a year ago. I'm using my personal account running the business with a good inflow and outflow which I'm planning to open company account soon, Please can I explain in my cover letter reason why I'm using my personal account running my business? I mine good to apply with my personal account ? Also is tax clearance compulsory ?

Please kindly advise me as your brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by piro007(m): 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good day bosses in the aus, pls my wife wants to apply for UK visa to go and write her nclex exams, pls how can we go about it, South Africa ambassy rejected her reason was that her hotel booking was fake. Same hotel others booked and were granted visa. Pls ur kind advice will be highly appreciated. I don't mind using a good agent also. Tks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2021
[quote author=odugbemiopeyemi post=100882214]
Please house I kindly need you advise on my case, I have a business I'm running for 3 years but officially registered a year ago. I'm using my personal account running the business with a good inflow and outflow which I'm planning to open company account soon, Please can I explain in my cover letter reason why I'm using my personal account running my business? I mine good to apply with my personal account ? Also is tax clearance compulsory ?

Please kindly advise me as your brother

You can use your personal account and explain why, tax clearance is not compulsory but including it in your application will make your business look good and makes you look like a good citizen that does not evade tax.
Maybe you can include pictures of your business and any other document that can strengthen you case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 3:52am On Apr 18, 2021
Fisherlala:

If your stop over is 8 to 12 hours the airline has an obligation of providing you with hotel accommodations and food unless it’s stated otherwise on your travelling ticket. So I suggest you check the terms of your ticket.
You will be given two meal ticket if you ask for it. No hotel for economy passengers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 18, 2021
[quote author=Fisherlala post=100888917][/quote]

Thanks very much fisherlala I really appreciate your kindly advised. I didn't have tax clearance but I will do as you said that I should the pictures of my business and if I may ask which other documents you mean that can strengthen my case sir ? I wanted to wait until the locked down would be ease in Uk before I will apply, Please Kindly advise me such document I might needed to included? This is my first time I will apply for Uk visa.

NB: about the tax clearance do you know how I can get it done? Please kindly advise brotherly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:06am On Apr 18, 2021
famzynet:

You will be given two meal ticket if you ask for it. No hotel for economy passengers.

Please kindly post the link where you got your information that no hotel for economy passenger on Turkish airline educate us more on this.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by piro007(m): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2021
Good day bosses in the aus, pls my wife wants to apply for UK visa to go and write her nclex exams, pls how can we go about it, South Africa ambassy rejected her reason was that her hotel booking was fake. Same hotel others booked and were granted visa. Pls ur kind advice will be highly appreciated. I don't mind using a good agent also. Tks..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
famzynet:

not correct. I have personally benefitted from the hotel service, 4 star with awesome food. Very comfortable shuttle service to the hotel and back to the airport when it is time for ur flight.
If u have long transit hours of 13 hours or more and there was no other flight from turkish airline that is goin to ur destination and offering shorter travel time then u will get hotel, u however need to arrange ur e visa urself to be able to leave the airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
Thanks for this.
Cyberknight:

Depends on what you mean by "difficult".
The rules state that you can apply for a dependant when you switch to a post-study visa, but that dependant must already be in the UK with you as a student dependant first.

In other words, you must first apply for a student dependant visa for your wife before you finish your studies, then bring her to the UK, after which you two can apply for the post-study visa together from inside the UK. A dependant cannot apply for the post-study visa from outside the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
[quote author=giselle237 post=100900217] not correct. I have personally benefitted from the hotel service, 4 star with awesome food. Very comfortable shuttle service to the hotel and back to the airport when it is time for ur flight.
If u have long transit hours of 13 hours or more and there was no other flight from turkish airline that is goin to ur destination and offering shorter travel time then u will get hotel, u however need to arrange ur e visa urself to be able to leave the airport.

Thanks for this....unless your stop over is not organic maybe he was the one that route his ticket to produce an artificial lay over.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Thanks very much fisherlala I really appreciate your kindly advised. I didn't have tax clearance but I will do as you said that I should the pictures of my business and if I may ask which other documents you mean that can strengthen my case sir ? I wanted to wait until the locked down would be ease in Uk before I will apply, Please Kindly advise me such document I might needed to included? This is my first time I will apply for Uk visa.

NB: about the tax clearance do you know how I can get it done? Please kindly advise brotherly

Go to tax office or FIRS office and get it done but I would suggest you pay for 2 years back because you don’t want it look like you quickly went to file for tax because of your proposed application.
Now the any other document part what I mean is any document that can demonstrate truly you have a legit business going on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.