Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438799 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
vaticanboy:
Well-done guys. Please I need a prompt assistance from you guys. I got married to a Nigerian-Uk woman by 2018 . We have been afar from each other because she lives in the UK while i stay in Nigeria. We just agree to be together and I would like to travel to be with her. Please am confused about the whole picture or photos stuff . Especially we have not done church wedding, but court . And we have court pictures, a small indoor TM pictures, some casual pictures taken in the salon when she was making her hair and pictures during a church Thanksgiving service with her. Please are these picture evidence enough to convince the ECO? Someone should reply me please.

What you are thinking of is how to convince the immigration officer that the marriage is not of convenience, if that be the case your court marriage certificate is okay as a prof that an actual marriage took place, the second hurdle will be to prof how genuine your relationship is,so you can present the little marriage pictures you have as they will understand that not everyone love big weddings, you can also get transcripts of your calls from when you started the relationship, other pictures you took together aside the wedding pictures will also be okay. I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Fisherlala:

What you are thinking of is how to convince the immigration officer that the marriage is not of convenience, if that be the case your court marriage certificate is okay as a prof that an actual marriage took place, the second hurdle will be to prof how genuine your relationship is,so you can present the little marriage pictures you have as they will understand that not everyone love big weddings, you can also get transcripts of your calls from when you started the relationship, other pictures you took together aside the wedding pictures will also be okay. I hope this helps.
in the same line , can anyone help with details for fiancee visa , I learnt earlier that d visa fee is 1500£ , but when I tried to apply , it came out with almost the same process with visiting visa ,except for few diffrent questions , and d visa fee dat popped up was same for visiting visa , less than 80$
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Larryconcept:
plz advise guru in d hse
ur disposable income is even 81k as u told eco u spend 10k on expenses monthly.
1. What proof did u supply to show these other additional millions u say u have in pension amd investments from the 80k disposable income
2. Did u or did u not try to influence ur account as the visa officer has noted numerous large deposits?
3. Try another time. Ur application was very far from put together especially for someone declaring 81k as monthly disposable yet wanting to spend 850k for 9 day frivolities...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vaticanboy(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
Fisherlala:

thank you Fisherlala. The only point of contact is WhatsApp chat that I managed to keep from 2020-til date ,cos I lost my phone and i didn't backup my previous chats . Adding to that she recently sent me some money as my birthday gift can I add back detail as one of the documents?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biggyman11: 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
Nchabuomo:

They don't really have to call your brother.

Bro, thank you so much for your response. I got my 6 months UK visa today and they didn’t cal my brother. I only got mail from TLC then I knew my visa is granted since I didn’t get a mail from the Uk embassy.
Thanks you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sincerechic: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
vaticanboy:
thank you Fisherlala. The only point of contact is WhatsApp chat that I managed to keep from 2020-til date ,cos I lost my phone and i didn't backup my previous chats . Adding to that she recently sent me some money as my birthday gift can I add back detail as one of the documents?.
are u guys married? this doesn’t sit right. U said u dnt hve pictures of wedding...
Even my parents that married many years ago in stone age have some picture or the other to show.. how will a marriage in 2018 have no picture evidence? U said u only have court certificate ... i hope this was not produced backdoor...
You have to provide proof of genuine and subsisting marriage to the Visa officer pls if not this is going no where.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sincerechic:
Hello guys.
Quick question.
If refused a UK visa application, do you always get a refusal email? I applied for a visa on behalf of someone and got an email saying the passport is ready for collection. Does this mean the application was approved as I didnt get a refusal email
check ir email and spam folder especially.. first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sincerechic: 12:37am On Apr 10, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biggyman11: 1:18am On Apr 10, 2021
I’m so happy I got my Uk visa today

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:21am On Apr 10, 2021
Biggyman11:

Bro, thank you so much for your response. I got my 6 months UK visa today and they didn’t cal my brother. I only got mail from TLC then I knew my visa is granted since I didn’t get a mail from the Uk embassy.
Thanks you

Congratulations man! Safe travels
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:39am On Apr 10, 2021
vaticanboy:

You have an uphill battle ahead of you, unfortunately.
In the 21st century, with all the communication methods available, it is expected that a married couple in a genuine and subsisting relationship who are living apart will be maintaining communication and continuing their relationship to the extent possible. Even if you haven't WhatsApp chats covering the period prior to the time you got married and thereafter, you must have call records, evidence of Skype calls, solid reasons why you are currently living apart other than immigration issues things like that, something at least to show that you had a relationship during the periods in question.

Start searching for what you can get, covering your dating period, your arrangements for bringing her to Nigeria or the country where you got married, evidence of physical contact or attempts to do so (have you been to or attempted to go to the UK to see her since 2018, has she come to Nigeria or a third country to see you?), involvement in each other's lives (I know of someone who was paying his sister-in-law's fees in university here and included that as evidence of doing the traditional "in-law" thing), etc., etc., because if you have nothing substantial to show, you will almost certainly not get this visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 8:03am On Apr 10, 2021
Good morning everyone

God bless you all for your assistance as regards my case the last time .
Pls as regards booking the covid 19 tests on day 2 and day 8 ,where can one see the approved labs/centers in the UK and possibly book
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2021
vaticanboy:
Well-done guys. Please I need a prompt assistance from you guys. I got married to a Nigerian-Uk woman by 2018 . We have been afar from each other because she lives in the UK while i stay in Nigeria. We just agree to be together and I would like to travel to be with her. Please am confused about the whole picture or photos stuff . Especially we have not done church wedding, but court . And we have court pictures, a small indoor TM pictures, some casual pictures taken in the salon when she was making her hair and pictures during a church Thanksgiving service with her. Please are these picture evidence enough to convince the ECO?

1.Can you provide any means of communication between both of you from 2018 till 2020?

2. Is she working and earning at least £18600 a year ?

Court marriage is fine, few pictures from the court marriage and some personal ones are just enough but they have to be important ones..picture of both of you and the registry signing the marriage certificate, group picture of family members at the wedding etc

A copy of her boarding pass and ticket to Nigeria when she visited you, evidence of the money she sent you and other gift exchange throughout your relationship.

Call logs, take a screenshot of it, even if you have lost your phone she will have a copy as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:15am On Apr 10, 2021
asjay:
Good morning everyone
God bless you all for your assistance as regards my case the last time .
Pls as regards booking the covid 19 tests on day 2 and day 8 ,where can one see the approved labs/centers in the UK and possibly book
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-of-day-2-and-day-8-coronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by princemmab(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Hello Guys

I have an exam in UK scheduled for 20th of May.I've never been to the UK, I intend to apply for a standard visitors visa but unfortunately, my passport is less than 6 months away from expiring. I had undegone biometric exercise for passport renewal since February, but immigration command in my state claims to be out of passport booklet.

My question: Is it ideal to go ahead with visa application with my old passport if I'm certain to get a new one before leaving for the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2021
princemmab:
Hello Guys

I have an exam in UK scheduled for 20th of May.I've never been to the UK, I intend to apply for a standard visitors visa but unfortunately, my passport is less than 6 months away from expiring. I had undegone biometric exercise for passport renewal since February, but immigration command in my state claims to be out of passport booklet.

My question: Is it ideal to go ahead with visa application with my old passport if I'm certain to get a new one before leaving for the UK?

You do not need 6 months validity on your passport to apply for a UK visa as long as you plan to depart the UK before the expiry date of your passport.
So if you go ahead and apply with the old passport just make sure that your departure date is before the expiration date on the passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 11:55am On Apr 10, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asjay(m): 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nielbaba:
in the same line , can anyone help with details for fiancee visa , I learnt earlier that d visa fee is 1500£ , but when I tried to apply , it came out with almost the same process with visiting visa ,except for few diffrent questions , and d visa fee dat popped up was same for visiting visa , less than 100$
can someone give me an insight on this please ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Igengo: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
Good evening my loving Nairalanders. Please I have come again for your advice �.

Today is my day 9 of self isolation in the UK after my arrival. My test kit for Day 2 was delivered on day 6, the second test kit delivered today and I am yet to receive results for my day 2 test.

Please my question is, can I go out of isolation on the 11th day or is it until I must have received my 2 test results which obviously might not come tomorrow.

The reason British Airways is marketing this dysfunctional company(Qured) is beyond me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vaticanboy(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2021
Cyberknight:

You have an uphill battle ahead of you, unfortunately.
In the 21st century, with all the communication methods available, it is expected that a married couple in a genuine and subsisting relationship who are living apart will be maintaining communication and continuing their relationship to the extent possible. Even if you haven't WhatsApp chats covering the period prior to the time you got married and thereafter, you must have call records, evidence of Skype calls, solid reasons why you are currently living apart other than immigration issues things like that, something at least to show that you had a relationship during the periods in question.

Start searching for what you can get, covering your dating period, your arrangements for bringing her to Nigeria or the country where you got married, evidence of physical contact or attempts to do so (have you been to or attempted to go to the UK to see her since 2018, has she come to Nigeria or a third country to see you?), involvement in each other's lives (I know of someone who was paying his sister-in-law's fees in university here and included that as evidence of doing the traditional "in-law" thing), etc., etc., because if you have nothing substantial to show, you will almost certainly not get this visa.
Thank you Cyberknight . Your contribution is really helpful. Right now she's in Nigeria with me. We've taken pictures with some of the family members, pay hotel bills together, her flight itinerary was directed to me. I have pictures during our Court marriage, few pictures that we took while in the saloon making her hair, few email conversations, she has sent me some money before and also WhatsApp chat 2020- 2021. She's going to invite me as soon as arrive UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sincerechic: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
Sincerechic:
Hello guys.
Quick question.
If refused a UK visa application, do you always get a refusal email? I applied for a visa on behalf of someone and got an email saying the passport is ready for collection. Does this mean the application was approved as I didnt get a refusal email

Any response please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Igengo:
Good evening my loving Nairalanders. Please I have come again for your advice �.

Today is my day 9 of self isolation in the UK after my arrival. My test kit for Day 2 was delivered on day 6, the second test kit delivered today and I am yet to receive results for my day 2 test.

Please my question is, can I go out of isolation on the 11th day or is it until I must have received my 2 test results which obviously might not come tomorrow.

The reason British Airways is marketing this dysfunctional company(Qured) is beyond me

did u register the kits online b4 sending it across to them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Igengo: 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Yes I did. Activated it using the barcode given and submitted successfully

opomulero:

did u register the kits online b4 sending it across to them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
Please everyone, when you are required to do a security clearance (SC) before u can apply for a visa what does that mean and what kind of visa would the person apply for. Any idea is welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2021
damkanlinsin:
Please everyone, when you are required to do a security clearance (SC) before u can apply for a visa what does that mean and what kind of visa would the person apply for. Any idea is welcome
who asked for this? i only know about some jobs that involve working with vulnerable ppl eg health etc.. skilled work visa applicants under this category wud need to provide a police clearance certificate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morinto: 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please can any one tell me of a uk university that offer cheap,pre master with a short time duration of lecture like six month. I graduated with third class which is,below,uk standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
morinto:
Please can any one tell me of a uk university that offer cheap,pre master with a short time duration of lecture like six month. I graduated with third class which is,below,uk standard
sheffield Hallam university accepts third class with some experience..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biggyman11: 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hello Guys,
I got my visa and i will be glad if you guys can put me through what is required by the uk government for travelers coming to uk for visit in terms of covid test and all. Though i got the first jab of the vaccine ,so i will like to know the next step so i dont have any issue entering the country. Secondly,must i have the second Jab of the vaccine before i can travel? thirdly, do you need to have a covid test done after you must have gotten the first and second jabs?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gratefulme: 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
Good day guys. Please a quick one. Can a VAC be changed after making visa payment? E.g. from, VI to Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
Gratefulme:
Good day guys. Please a quick one. Can a VAC be changed after making visa payment? E.g. from, VI to Ikeja
No , u will have to start your application again and make another payment (u can request for refund )

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.