Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:44 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416741 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Larryconcept: 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
iretiogo1:
post the refuser letter so people can tell you what best to do

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
[ sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tmeegal(f): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2021
asjay:
Good morning
Thank you everyone for your contribution
God bless you all
I wished I had seen this thread earlier

I called as instructed this morning around 10am and I was told a decision has been made (I guess yesterday night or this morning) and they said I should get a mail very soon or sms from my VAC.

However I still checked the status on the app now and it has not changed. It has not ticked green for transfer from DMC to VAC.

pls can someone enlighten me on this or what to expect next

@giselle

Have you gotten a response now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 7:22am On Apr 08, 2021
Hello @irenenwaka and fellow nairalander, I am planning to invite my mother over to the UK for a one month visit between June and July all expense paid. Her profile, a petty trader and also helps dad manages his farm business(Both unregistered)
Documents already put together
1) 3months bank statement from me
2) My resident permit (tier 2 )
3) My birth certificate
4) Invitation letter from me to mum. Purpose stated as it's been over a year that my family left Nig to work in the Uk and I'll like her to visit.
5) Letter from my dad that he and my siblings have no problem with my mum visiting the uk
6) Mum's 2 land doc
7) Letter from me to ECO stating my intention to fully sponsor the trip
8 ) Reference letter from my place of work
9) My passport data page
10) My tenancy agreement for a 3 bed house in London.
11) Parents marriage certificate

Is there any other thing I should add to make the application a success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by KIDfurniture(m): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2021
Can anyone guide me on how to apply for UK visit visa as a small business owner in Nigeria. I need list of document to be submitted. Biko , ejo,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2021
I will suggest you also include her own personal bank statement.

Healhtyliving:
Hello @irenenwaka and fellow nairalander, I am planning to invite my mother over to the UK for a one month visit between June and July all expense paid. Her profile, a petty trader and also helps dad manages his farm business(Both unregistered)
Documents already put together
1) 3months bank statement from me
2) My resident permit (tier 2 )
3) My birth certificate
4) Invitation letter from me to mum. Purpose stated as it's been over a year that my family left Nig to work in the Uk and I'll like her to visit.
5) Letter from my dad that he and my siblings have no problem with my mum visiting the uk
6) Mum's 2 land doc
7) Letter from me to ECO stating my intention to fully sponsor the trip
8 ) Reference letter from my place of work
9) My passport data page
10) My tenancy agreement for a 3 bed house in London.
11) Parents marriage certificate

Is there any other thing I should add to make the application a success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibukunpops(f): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2021
CAC Docs
Other docs/licenses/certifications for the business where relevant
Invoices/receipts
Business account statement
Personal account statement

Check this thread for other relevant docs

KIDfurniture:
Can anyone guide me on how to apply for UK visit visa as a small business owner in Nigeria. I need list of document to be submitted. Biko , ejo,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 9:45am On Apr 08, 2021
I am thinking it is not necessary since she isn't contributing any dime towards the trip. Also, I want to safe us the stress of having to explain deposits into her account.
ibukunpops:
I will suggest you also include her own personal bank statement.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by KIDfurniture(m): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
You have point o. UK can deny anyone based on available fund but no explanation or source of the available funds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2021
Healhtyliving:
I am thinking it is not necessary since she isn't contributing any dime towards the trip. Also, I want to safe us the stress of having to explain deposits into her account.

I get your point but some times I feel it helps to show that the applicant has access to their own money. Maybe a line to say she receives regular gifts in monetary form from family and friends in the additional information section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by swazee: 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2021
Hello Guys ..Please I need your help/advice

My sister is inviting me to the uk to visit for a while. She has a house there and a job (she is a doctor). I resigned from my job in February(currently Unemployed) tho I make money from crypto trading, I also do photography. My parents are sponsoring my travel logistics including visa fee while my sister will accomodate and cater for me once i get there. My passport is a virgin passport My parents have been to the uk several times (3 times in the last 10 years). I think thats all the info i have.

Please any advice on how to go about the application especially in terms of employment status and income. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
swazee:
Hello Guys ..Please I need your help/advice

My sister is inviting me to the uk to visit for a while. She has a house there and a job (she is a doctor). I resigned from my job in February(currently Unemployed) tho I make money from crypto trading, I also do photography. My parents are sponsoring my travel logistics including visa fee while my sister will accomodate and cater for me once i get there. My passport is a virgin passport My parents have been to the uk several times (3 times in the last 10 years). I think thats all the info i have.

Please any advice on how to go about the application especially in terms of employment status and income. thanks

Suggestion: You could say you are taking a break from work to spend some time with family including visit your sister. You can also highlight that your hobby is photography and at times you sell them (to explain deposits).

Perhaps it might be best your parents gift you your travel cost that way you are applying with just your account details. I think the only thing to worry about is that your parents are funding your trip and that might lead to a reviewer questioning your financial status but again you can only do so much about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Hello everyone, pls is it ok to purchase to separate one way tickets from different airlines in place of a return ? Can this create any issues at point of entry? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
delana:
Hello everyone, pls is it ok to purchase to separate one way tickets from different airlines in place of a return ? Can this create any issues at point of entry? Thanks in anticipation

Naah you can get separate tickets from two different airlines or same airline.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Naah you can get separate tickets from two different airlines or same airline.
Ok thanks for the response, so no issues at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
delana:

Ok thanks for the response, so no issues at all

Not at all. You will be asked about your return ticket though as it would be evident you flew one way so have it handy to present if asked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Not at all. You will be asked about your return ticket though as it would be evident you flew one way so have it handy to present if asked.
Thanks a lot my chief. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2021
[quote author=delana post=100615079]
Thanks a lot my chief. I appreciate , but which airlines would be advisable to fly with now looking at the restrictions. Direct flights via BA or Virgin Atlantic are pretty expensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2021
[quote author=delana post=100615101][/quote]

Personally I prefer direct flights as I don't really like flying, lol, so the shorter the flight time the better.

If you are using BA it might be cheaper for you to fly out from Abuja.

But in the end look at your budget and see what works also consider layover time if you pick a connecting flight. Your COVID-19 test should be valid for the last leg of your flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babz170: 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2021
royalmu:
Congrats. Are you going for tourism or family visit?
good evening guys I track my application on the TLS application and it says passport ready for collection do I still need to wait for thier mail or sms?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babz170: 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2021
Tmeegal:

That’s great news ...still waiting for mine
where can I track my application pls aside from the TLS app
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Personally I prefer direct flights as I don't really like flying, lol, so the shorter the flight time the better.

If you are using BA it might be cheaper for you to fly out from Abuja.

But in the end look at your budget and see what works also consider layover time if you pick a connecting flight. Your COVID-19 test should be valid for the last leg of your flight.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
[quote author=Dare120 post=100323134]Sir i am new here and i have been reading comments and advice regarding UK application....i also want to make an enquiry
I am planning to submit a uk application soon it a family visit as i have a brother who already send IV, passport pages of his children and his own, tenent rent etc....i worked in my dad company as the human resource manager and i earn 350,000k, am married and also on my phd programme in unilag....i also have a small business venture in school where i do data analyst, proof read thesis and project which also bring income to me starting from 10k to about 30k from students on campus which is also added in my salary account
....how can i also explain dat to the ECO or which evidence can i add to my application . Also my brother did not include his bank statment hope it will not affect me

Thank as i await response from u guys sir

You can attach a letter with your application stating clearly how you got the extra funds you talked about with copies of receipts you gave your clients for payments made, with the clients name clearly written or invoices that demonstrates payments as the names and amount reflects in your account.
I think you should also try to get your brother’s bank account but if you can get it then you will be your own sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 12:17am On Apr 09, 2021
babz170:
good evening guys I track my application on the TLS application and it says passport ready for collection do I still need to wait for thier mail or sms?
TLS should send you passport collection mail in no distant time. You can also visit their office after some days if you don't receive the passport collection mail from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babz170: 5:05am On Apr 09, 2021
royalmu:
TLS should send you passport collection mail in no distant time. You can also visit their office after some days if you don't receive the passport collection mail from them.
thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Larryconcept: 5:55am On Apr 09, 2021
iretiogo1:
post the refuser letter so people can tell you what best to do
plz advise guru in d hse
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2021
Personally, it makes no sense for someone earning 91k to propose to spend 850k on vacation and tourism. That constitutes almost 11times your disposable income.

Your budget is unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vaticanboy(m): 8:53am On Apr 09, 2021
Well-done guys. Please I need a prompt assistance from you guys. I got married to a Nigerian-Uk woman by 2018 . We have been afar from each other because she lives in the UK while i stay in Nigeria. We just agree to be together and I would like to travel to be with her. Please am confused about the whole picture or photos stuff . Especially we have not done church wedding, but court . And we have court pictures, a small indoor TM pictures, some casual pictures taken in the salon when she was making her hair and pictures during a church Thanksgiving service with her. Please are these picture evidence enough to convince the ECO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 10:44am On Apr 09, 2021
iyatrustee:
Personally, it makes no sense for someone earning 91k to propose to spend 850k on vacation and tourism. That constitutes almost 11times your disposable income.

Your budget is unrealistic.

You didn't consider the yearly income. The ECO didn't complain about the budget for the trip, that means the ECO was cool with the budget. The ECO only complained about the numerous credits from different sources made into the account statement that was provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vaticanboy(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2021
Well-done guys. Please I need a prompt assistance from you guys. I got married to a Nigerian-Uk woman by 2018 . We have been afar from each other because she lives in the UK while i stay in Nigeria. We just agree to be together and I would like to travel to be with her. Please am confused about the whole picture or photos stuff . Especially we have not done church wedding, but court . And we have court pictures, a small indoor TM pictures, some casual pictures taken in the salon when she was making her hair and pictures during a church Thanksgiving service with her. Please are these picture evidence enough to convince the ECO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 11:34am On Apr 09, 2021
royalmu:
You didn't consider the yearly income. The ECO didn't complain about the budget for the trip, that means the ECO was cool with the budget. The ECO only complained about the numerous credits from different sources made into the account statement that was provided.

We are only speculating here bro. Even if the ECO doesn't expressly state or base his refusal on the fact that he is budgeting to spend 10 to 11times his disposable monthly income on a few days trip. A bugdet of around 650k is more preferrable in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vaticanboy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
Well-done guys. Please I need a prompt assistance from you guys. I got married to a Nigerian-Uk woman by 2018 . We have been afar from each other because she lives in the UK while i stay in Nigeria. We just agree to be together and I would like to travel to be with her. Please am confused about the whole picture or photos stuff . Especially we have not done church wedding, but court . And we have court pictures, a small indoor TM pictures, some casual pictures taken in the salon when she was making her hair and pictures during a church Thanksgiving service with her. Please are these picture evidence enough to convince the ECO? Someone should reply me please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.