Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441383 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
readynow:
Hello good people in this forum please just a quick one.my wife(British citizen) is planning to invite the mother to the UK on a visit visa .she will be funding the trip 100 percent and providing documents all from her end here, from this forum I understand some document that she will have to provide include the following

1) (a)3months bank statement from me
(b) 3 month payslips
2) My wife UK passport
3) My birth certificate
4) Invitation letter from me to mum.
5 My mum bank statement having over 1.5 million in her account
6) Letter from me to ECO stating my intention to fully sponsor the trip
7 ) Reference letter from my place of work
cool passport data page
9) tenancy agreement
From the list above i want to know what documents we are missing. Please advice
Thank you
pls submit other documents to prove mum’s ties to Nigeria and that she will return. Consent letter from husband that he is happy for her to travel, letter from her employer if employed or from pensions if retired, letter from church or business with extensive proofs if she has any to show she has commitments in Nigeria and wud definitely return because of these.. documents of any property or assets or investments in mum’s name domiciled in Nigeria, to prove she will come back because of this.
Cover letter from mum to explain reason for visit and reasons why she will definitely be returning to Nigeria after the holiday.
Also pls add paper evidence and documentation to categorically explain mum’s source of funds.
Research more and read this thread, the above list is not exhaustive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Magnifque01: 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
After submitting my passport for review,
I was asked why visiting the UK at this time, who I will be staying with, my occupation back home, who I stay with, number of siblings I have,e.tc. while answering all these questions there were other representatives observing your body language so you need to get a grip of yourself answer calmly with a smiling face. All na formalities. author=LoyalRoyalty post=100935870]Congrats. Kindly share the questions you encountered at POE. Thanks.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
giselle237:
where is the rest of the evidence about the land belonging to you?

I have receipts and deed of assignments is that enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Fisherlala:

Your hand luggage will be with you, your checked in luggage will be waiting for you at Manchester airport.
oh that's better thanks , the only concern for me now is covid test lol � I'm thinking it's cool to arrive manchester with Nigeria test , before turkish test will say something else ( I've taken the vaccine tho )
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
giselle237:
pls submit other documents to prove mum’s ties to Nigeria and that she will return. Consent letter from husband that he is happy for her to travel letter from her employer if employed or from pensions if retired, letter from church or business with extensive proofs if she has any to show she has commitments in Nigeria and wud definitely return because of these.. documents of any property or assets or investments in mum’s name domiciled in Nigeria, to prove she will come back because of this.
Cover letter from mum to explain reason for visit and reasons why she will definitely be returning to Nigeria after the holiday.
Also pls add paper evidence and documentation to categorically explain mum’s source of funds.

Perhaps a marriage certificate would suffice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Please is land receipt and deed of assignment is enough for land property?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Since she is not underage I. E under 18 no legal requirement to submit consent letter from husband. I also believe marriage certificate is okay

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Please is land receipt and deed of assignment is enough for land property?

Yeah.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by readynow: 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
giselle237:
pls submit other documents to prove mum’s ties to Nigeria and that she will return. Consent letter from husband that he is happy for her to travel, letter from her employer if employed or from pensions if retired, letter from church or business with extensive proofs if she has any to show she has commitments in Nigeria and wud definitely return because of these.. documents of any property or assets or investments in mum’s name domiciled in Nigeria, to prove she will come back because of this.

thanks gisellle for your kind and prompt response i do really appreciate time taken to really explain this. However
1. she is over 70 years
2. a widow
3. not working
4.does not have a pension
5 no landed property
6. no registered business name that we know of but she does supply buying and selling till her retirement from business
6. but savings up to 1.5millions which is in her account as her saving from retirement from business which will be printed from her bank .The money has been there for almost 2 years untouched

this is more like what she has above

this is her first time she will be applying since 1978 when she came back to Nigeria.

2. also how do we go about the application here.do we apply for her from here and upload all the documents for her here including booking her appointment for biometric so that she will just go and get her biometric done

Thank you will appreciate your kind response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
Please everyone, when you are required to do a security clearance (SC) before u can apply for a visa what does that mean and what kind of visa would the person apply for. Any idea is welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
readynow:

thanks gisellle for your kind and prompt response i do really appreciate time taken to really explain this. However
1. she is over 70 years
2. a widow
3. not working
5 no landed property
6. no registered business name that we know of but she does supply buying and selling till her retirement from business
6. but savings up to 1.5millions which is in her account as her saving from retirement from business which will be printed from her bank .The money has been there for almost 2 years untouched

this is her first time she will be applying since 1978 when she came back to Nigeria.

2. also how do we go about the application here.do we apply for her from here and upload all the documents for her here including booking her appointment for biometric so that she will just go and get her biometric done

I think it's best you apply and let her just go and do the biometrics. Given her age, she is posses minimal risk with regards to her becoming undocumented (my opinion). Just be clear in the application process and make it as simple as possible. For example, the person sponsoring her could also be the one sending her an invitation letter. As long as you are documented you can send her an invitation as you are the one sponsoring her otherwise let your wife be the financial sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
readynow:

1. she is over 70 years
2. a widow
3. not working
5 no landed property

U need to convince the visa officer that somethin will bring her back to Nigeria.. pls explore this and get a plan. She is already old, just sell a good picture
As for the documents u can do all the uploading online as they dnt take physical documents anymore.. she only needs to presnt to her biometrics with her passport, her checklist, biometrics appt confirmation and her submission slip if u do all the uploadig urself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by readynow: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I think it's best you apply and let her just go and do the biometrics. Given her age, she is posses minimal risk with regards to her becoming undocumented (my opinion). Just be clear in the application process and make it as simple as possible. For example, the person sponsoring her could also be the one sending her an invitation letter. As long as you are documented you can send her an invitation as you are the one sponsoring her otherwise let your wife be the financial sponsor.
b

Thanks Nchabuomo i really appreciate you kind response thanks as advice we will just do all the necessary things here.Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by readynow: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
giselle237:
U need to convince the visa officer that somethin will bring her back to Nigeria.. pls explore this and get a plan. She is already old, just sell a good picture
As for the documents u can do all the uploading online as they dnt take physical documents anymore.. she only needs to presnt to her biometrics with her passport, her checklist, biometrics appt confirmation and her submission slip if u do all the uploadig urself

Thanks Giselle, thank you i really appreciate we will do as adviced.Please just one more question when scanning her international passport am i just to scan the data page only or all the pages
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sihamey: 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
I am planning to attend a conference in UK but someone a British citizen who is not related to me want to give me accommodate during my stay in UK and i want find out if that will be a red flag or I should book a hotel for accommodation?

My Ties
I own a registered company
Have a land document
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
sihamey:
I am planning to attend a conference in UK but someone a British citizen who is not related to me want to give me accommodate during my stay in UK and i want find out if that will be a red flag or I should book a hotel for accommodation?
My Ties
I own a registered company
Have a land document
you can attend the conference virtually/online

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
damkanlinsin:
Please everyone, when you are required to do a security clearance (SC) before u can apply for a visa what does that mean and what kind of visa would the person apply for. Any idea is welcome

Security clearance is to check criminal records of individuals it’s normally applied for by their employers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
giselle237:

Unless the conference does not have an online facility which I doubt, make sure the conference is related to your business.
I suggest you book an hotel.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sihamey: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
Fisherlala:

Unless the conference does not have an online facility which I doubt, make sure the conference is related to your business.
I suggest you book an hotel.

Yes the conference is related to my profession and i have given it a thought to book hotel but does the COE accept hotel reservation without pay ? Or I should pay for the hotel reservation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sihamey: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
giselle237:

Sorry I do not want to attend online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by readynow: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
Fisherlala:

Are you the one working or your wife?

sorry Fishherlala missed your post, yes both myself and my wife are working.am on a spouse visa my wife is British citizen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
sihamey:

Yes the conference is related to my profession and i have given it a thought to book hotel but does the COE accept hotel reservation without pay ? Or I should pay for the hotel reservation?

Normally you are not supposed to pay for hotels but your reservation should be valid by the time the caseworker contact them but nowadays hotels do cancel reservations that is not paid for and they can do so without your knowledge.
Some hotels will require you to have adequate money in your card when booking they will hold the money they won’t take it out until you arrive the facility and you must go there with the card you used in bookings to make proper payment.
You can also search for book now pay at the property hotels they will normally hold your reservation for as long as you come and you don’t need to pay. Check for there terms and conditions because it’s different.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
sihamey:

Sorry I do not want to attend online

If they have online facility the caseworker might not understand why you have to be present there physically unless you write a letter explaining why you must be there in person.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
readynow:

sorry Fishherlala missed your post, yes both myself and my wife are working.am on a spouse visa my wife is British citizen

Okay, I think you have been advised accordingly and fairly by others.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
Fisherlala:

Security clearance is to check criminal records of individuals it’s normally applied for by their employers.

Ok so does it mean a visitor visa will be applied for or working visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2021
damkanlinsin:

Ok so does it mean a visitor visa will be applied for or working visa
work visa most times is synonymous with police clearance locally or DBS. It can not a requirement for visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2021
Please I need an answer to this questions, sometime March this year 2 of my customers made a deposit payment to one of my bank account which is not the one I'm using to running my business due to network problem and later I transferred the money back to bank account that I'm using for my business . The two bank account bearing the same name i.e my full names. I sell cars and building materials such as cement ,blocks, iron rod with good inflow and outflow . Please should I need to explain this in a cover letter when I'm applying or no need ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by teamb: 10:48am On Apr 20, 2021
Sup guys I received my wife and baby refusal mail past 3hrs now I haven't seen mine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morinto: 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Please am worried. I graduated with a third class and I apply to many U.k university which I was rejected. Now the problem is that I was issued by university of derby that I have gotten admission that I would be given admission letter yesterday. I have waited and waited no letter. I want to send them message but my inner man dey tell me to calm down and dont show I am desperate

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adebayo82: 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
How possible to get a visa for tourism, I wish to spend my annual leave in the UK. I need your advice because I don't want to risk my money and time. can somebody please share an idea? I have started gathering all the necessary documents, and I want to make sure I submitted between now and first week of May.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sihamey: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Fisherlala:

Normally you are not supposed to pay for hotels but your reservation should be valid by the time the caseworker contact them but nowadays hotels do cancel reservations that is not paid for and they can do so without your knowledge.
Some hotels will require you to have adequate money in your card when booking they will hold the money they won’t take it out until you arrive the facility and you must go there with the card you used in bookings to make proper payment.
You can also search for book now pay at the property hotels they will normally hold your reservation for as long as you come and you don’t need to pay. Check for there terms and conditions because it’s different.

Thanks very much for taking your time to explain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
teamb:
Sup guys I received my wife and baby refusal mail past 3hrs now I haven't seen mine
check spam and junk mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.