Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1455050 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Please, I need response to this.

owenjegede:
Good day to all the gurus in the house.

I intend applying for visit visa for my wife and two kids but the issue is that my wife is unemployed but I will be the one sponsoring the trip. Though I already have my visa and and have visited the UK once.

Is it advisable I transfer the money for the expenses to her account and write a sponsorship letter to back it up?

Most of her source of income to her account is from me or her siblings, should I use her statement of account like that or i should use another account that is active but no transaction on it.

Do I need to write a cover letter explaining anything ? If yes, what exactly ?

Giselle237
Tutu83
Just wise et al
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2021
owenjegede:
Please, I need response to this.

I will suggest you transfer the money to her and do a sponsorship letter. Let her use the account as it is and state that she gets regular income from you and her siblings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Greatadams: 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2021
good evening sir
i seriously need in the whole uk student visa application please i have done my application through ucas but am totally confuse need someone to ask questions please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2021
Congratulations.!
Is this your first UK Visa?
Do you’ve any traveling history?
Did you receive any call from UKvi?
Joyousgem:
6 month Visit visa application timeline

Application submitted - 5/07/21
Biometrics - 9/07/21
Collection email - 30/07/21
Passport received with Visa via dhl - 02/08/21

Documents submitted
*Letter of invitation from Cousin
*Letters of employment
*Letters of introduction from employers clearly stating grant of annual leave.
*Payslips
*Bank statement
*Cover letter (to address home ties as single in late 30s, explain additional income in the form of second employment, explaination for lump sum of 120k on bank statement 3months ago, quarantine plans and breakdown of travel budget).
*Work ID card
*Pictures.

Supporting documents from Family member in the UK

* Letter addressed directly to Visa Officer, stating relationship with applicant, quarantine plan, plan to accommodate and feed applicant during the visit. Also list of supporting documents handed over to applicant.
* Passport data pages of the family.
*Current council tax bill
*proof of home ownership - recent letter from lawyer confirming purchase of property.

Family visit period - 14days
Budget - £800
Monthly income - N350,000
Monthly disposable income - N250,000
Closing Balance at submission- N5M+

Hope this breakdown help others.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Joyousgem: 12:25am On Aug 04, 2021
kunzzy4me:

Congratulations brother ....pls any travel history?

Thank you Kunzzy4me.

Forgot to mention that applicant has no travel history. Declared one US refusal from 2018.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Joyousgem: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2021
flyingfish:

how many months bank statement does sponsor send? Is 3 months okay if Applicant is sending 6months?

Historically, when I have sponsored in the past I submitted 6months bank statement. Of recent I have spoken to friends who have successfully sponsored using 3months bank statement. The reasoning behind it is the volume of transactions on UK bank statements can be a lot, as we use our cards a lot. Remember to back it up with sponsor's payslips and obviously sponsor must have a reasonable balance to sponsor.

I will always advise the applicant to submit 6months statement if possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Joyousgem: 12:41am On Aug 04, 2021
Success2011:
Congratulations.!
Is this your first UK Visa?
Do you’ve any traveling history?
Did you receive any call from UKvi?

Thank you Success2011

I'm not the applicant, I invited the applicant who is my cousin but i put the application together.

To answer your questions

*Is this your first UK Visa? Yes

*Do you’ve any traveling history? No

*Did you receive any call from UKvi? No, they did not call me, applicant or employer. We will never know whether they called the bank or not to verify statement.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 3:33am On Aug 04, 2021
Thanks
Joyousgem:

Thank you Success2011

I'm not the applicant, I invited the applicant who is my cousin but i put the application together.

To answer your questions

*Is this your first UK Visa? Yes

*Do you’ve any traveling history? No

*Did you receive any call from UKvi? No, they did not call me, applicant or employer. We will never know whether they called the bank or not to verify statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moorebucks: 6:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Hi gurus in the house . In the case of a visit visa does one needs to deposit a specified amount and allowed it stay in the account for 28 days as in the case of a UK student visa . Please i need a concrete answer on this .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:35am On Aug 04, 2021
moorebucks:
Hi gurus in the house . In the case of a visit visa does one needs to deposit a specified amount and allowed it stay in the account for 28 days as in the case of a UK student visa . Please i need a concrete answer on this .

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Philux7: 7:37am On Aug 04, 2021
Hello house
What are the likely questions or requirement been asked by immigration officers at the POE
Any tips for students
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Philux7:
Hello house
What are the likely questions or requirement been asked by immigration officers at the POE
Any tips for students
Just know basic details about your programme...Duration...where the Uni is ( why you are landed in London for example if the Uni is in Scotland). Nothing major really. You can ask in the student visa section for more updated information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Philux7: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Okay bro..thanks

Nchabuomo:

Just know basic details about your programme...Duration...where the Uni is ( why you are landed in London for example if the Uni is in Scotland). Nothing major really. You can ask in the student visa section for more updated information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 10:13am On Aug 04, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I will suggest you transfer the money to her and do a sponsorship letter. Let her use the account as it is and state that she gets regular income from you and her siblings.

Thanks

What should be written as my wife and children monthly expenses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:28am On Aug 04, 2021
owenjegede:

Thanks

What should be written as my wife and children monthly expenses?

considering the allowance from you and money from her siblings perhaps something around 30 per cent of said sum..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2021
Hello house, why Is it that TLS is charging one for booking an appointment. I click on self upload and all the appointment were sold, I could not book any , keep trying, they hide all appointment dates. I have no option but, to click on prime service and they changed me 37,000 to book appointment. This is very very bad.

Meanwhile a cousin of mine booked for appointment at VI, Lagos 8th of July and she was not charge any amount. I was surprised

Pls for those applying for visa, either tourist, spousa , students visa have any one encounter this.

Someone in this forum told me that VI do charge, how come my cousin was not charge?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2021
codedarrow:
£55

How come my cousin did not get charge. She didn't pay any money and she got an appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jowa16: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2021
@giselle237,yes she has paid and the comfirmation has been sent to my mai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by hardeholar1(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2021
Any York St John University prospect or student on the platform please indicate will like to ask some question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sgezee: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
monchat:
Hello house, why Is it that TLS is charging one for booking an appointment. I click on self upload and all the appointment were sold, I could not book any , keep trying, they hide all appointment dates. I have no option but, to click on prime service and they changed me 37,000 to book appointment. This is very very bad.

Meanwhile a cousin of mine booked for appointment at VI, Lagos 8th of July and she was not charge any amount. I was surprised

Pls for those applying for visa, either tourist, spousa , students visa have any one encounter this.

Someone in this forum told me that VI do charge, how come my cousin was not charge?

Craziest shit, I think it’s the new business for them. I thought I was the only one in this. On the 22nd of July I had an appointment at the Ikeja office for 8:30am. Lots of people scampering for entry but it wasn’t their appointment time yet.. I went just 20mins late, the idiot at the gate said you are late, I won’t attend to you. I stood there, I pleaded with him severally like a school boy would beg his lecturer and even called him Sir x 18 to 20times. The complied list of all appointments was with him, it doesn’t cost him anything to just flip 3 pages backwards to the first page where my name was and thick me in. I pleaded and pleaded... all he kept saying was I won’t attend to you, go back and rebook an appointment. Rebooking at appointment would come in 3weeks later. After my plea he didn’t say anything but left the gate. Anyways I left and didn’t say anything to him. Then I picked my phone and made some calls, not knowing I could actually get an appointment without even going through anything TLS online but it would cost me some money. Well I was in desperate need so I didn’t have a choice, I rebooked an appointment with the cost of N42,000. This is me who have had a UK visa for 2years and didn’t use it, now begging like a school child just to have my name thick on an appointment list. The devils are we the humans on earth.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nexton2468: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
giselle237:
she can sign and scan all the documents to you please. Then you download and upload it onto your profile before the biometrics date pls. Because after uploading you will need to submit and print out this submission page and take to the biometrics appt.
log in thru the message in your email address and get to the place it says upload

Thanks but what if I selected assistance option in TLS if she sends the documents can't I take it there so there can do it then selves ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nexton2468: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
monchat:

I have almost the same but I booked a assured service in August that's what I just did what I don't understand is my statement is 40 pages for 6months should I take it to them like that or ...I don't know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Capybaras(f): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Hi mate,

I saw your mention but I didn't answer because I personally never do a cover letter for my UK visa applications so have never really had to do a breakdown but I know some folks here do and would be able to advise you on your breakdown. Good luck!

cc Giselle237

Thanks for responding all the same... wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Capybaras(f): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
giselle237:
do you have paper evidence to prove the extra income monthly and to show that such enters your account monthly?

thanks for all you here, you have been much more helpful to so many.

No, I don't have paper evidence, it's just a side hustle, this is my 2nd application actually, i couldn't úse the first because of the 14days quarantine.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mrking20: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
Charging high fee for useless service they are providing. I have been begging to get my passport back 2months and 4days after decision made with no meaningful response from UKVI and TLScontact.

I even paid 2.74£ to send an email to them requesting for my passport to be sent back to me with no meaningful outcome

They keep charging high fee and continue to provide useless service for applicant.

monchat:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nexton2468:

I have almost the same but I booked a assured service in August that's what I just did what I don't understand is my statement is 40 pages for 6months should I take it to them like that or ...I don't know

Why no self upload it by your self, it is easy to self upload. Save all documents each month on pdf and label it for each month, and upload
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2021
sgezee:

Craziest shit, I think it’s the new business for them. I thought I was the only one in this. On the 22nd of July I had an appointment at the Ikeja office for 8:30am. Lots of people scampering for entry but it wasn’t their appointment time yet.. I went just 20mins late, the idiot at the gate said you are late, I won’t attend to you. I stood there, I pleaded with him severally like a school boy would beg his lecturer and even called him Sir x 18 to 20times. The complied list of all appointments was with him, it doesn’t cost him anything to just flip 3 pages backwards to the first page where my name was and thick me in. I pleaded and pleaded... all he kept saying was I won’t attend to you, go back and rebook an appointment. Rebooking at appointment would come in 3weeks later. After my plea he didn’t say anything but left the gate. Anyways I left and didn’t say anything to him. Then I picked my phone and made some calls, not knowing I could actually get an appointment without even going through anything TLS online but it would cost me some money. Well I was in desperate need so I didn’t have a choice, I rebooked an appointment with the cost of N42,000. This is me who have had a UK visa for 2years and didn’t use it, now begging like a school child just to have my name thick on an appointment list. The devils are we the humans on earth.

So sad. The 37k I paid last two weeks is killing me softly softly. So sad how this tlc get money from one. They hide all the appointment and make one pay for their stupid prime/ services. It is really unfair. I keep searching that day all dates sold, no any responding. I got tired and quickly pay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hello house are they still sending refusal letter through the email. I learnt that if one is refused a tourist visa, the person receive email and the the refusal is sent through the mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2021
monchat:

Why no self upload it by your self, it is easy to self upload. Save all documents each month on pdf and label it for each month, and upload

Can someone use mobile phone to upload all the documents ? and what if is about to print out checklist out how is it possible to print it out through phone ? Please advise a friend of mine need help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nexton2468: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
monchat:

I have already payed for it and the appointment is on the 10th is there any need again ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Can someone use mobile phone to upload all the documents ? and what if is about to print out checklist out how is it possible to print it out through phone ? Please advise a friend of mine need help

You can use phone to upload documents but, I will advice you to use laptop, BC as you upload, u can download to cross check the document u submitted.

The check list will be downloaded to pdf when she click on the button, so she can save it , from her phone she can send it to her flash and take it to cyber cafe to be print.

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.