Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446814 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
You are applying from Nigeria and with personal funds from Nigeria right? If yes then you don't need to include any financial details from Germany. I would advise you to keep it simple, when you present too many documents, your application becomes suspicious.

1. Just show proof of your strong ties to home - Nigeria
2. Proof of personal funds for the trip (not business company account)
3. Submit your itinerary.
4. Consider the budget so it doesn't look as if you are spending all your savings on a trip
5. Try and read through this thread for more details

esdajo:

Thanks for the tips. However, as for the tax clearance aspect, I only have a business here in Nigeria and not in Germany, so I was wondering if there is really any need for me to include a tax clearance from IRS showing I have been paying tax or I should not bother going to get the document at all if they are not to keen on that. Please, advise.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rickie67: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2021
Yes she's my birth mom
For my birth certificate, I can't find my original one right from birth. So I had do a new one around that year.

giselle237:
Is she really your birth mother?
Your birth certificate was done 17 yrs after birth? how?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josephb(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2021
Hi Giselle,
Could you please check this;

Hi Giselle,

Thank you so much for your time in explaining things in details, i mean, i am just puzzled at the amount of time you putting into answering lot of questions.

I would also like to know, in the aspect of Monthly income, Salary, etcetera on the application form, how can these be optimised? I mean how should this be filled?

Thank you so much.

Regards,

giselle237:
NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thanks for your contributions thus far. I wish to paste a copy of the refusal letter from my previous application here for a better understanding of my situation:

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0

You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor- rules), I have considered:
• your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• your immigration history

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:

You have applied for permission to enter the UK to visit for 4 days for tourism.

You state that you are a student and are also self-employed earning 6240.00 EUR (£5,347.55 at Oanda exchange rate of 05/07/2021) per year. However, whilst you have provided letters in support of your studies, the documents you have provided do not demonstrate your claimed level of income or self-employment. You state you have an additional source of income from your business in Nigeria, however again, the documents provided do not demonstrate this.

You have provided bank statements with a closing balance on 31/05/2021 of 6,712.24 EUR (£5,752.25), however I note that this balance is not consistent with the history of your account. The statement shows a large deposit of 7,800 EUR (£6,684.44) made on 03/05/2021. It therefore appears that there has been a recent uplift in your funds. The documents you have provided do not demonstrate the origin of these funds. I am therefore not satisfied that they are genuinely available to you for your exclusive use or that they have not been deposited solely to facilitate you obtaining a visa.

Furthermore, currently there is a quarantine period of 10 days for international travellers arriving in the UK from Germnay. The documents and information submitted in your application do not indicate that you are exempted from this quarantine requirement.
Furthermore, I note you intend to travel to the UK for only 4 days, and your application does not indicate that you are aware of this quarantine requirement, or intend to comply with these restrictions. I am not satisfied that a genuine first time visitor would not research and plan their trip prior to making arrangements for travel, such as making a visa application, particularly amid the current worldwide disruptions on travel. In view of this, I am not satisfied that your proposed travel for the sole purpose of a 4 day holiday is reasonable or credible.

Given all of the above, I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as stated. I am not satisfied as to your intentions for visiting the UK, that you are a genuine visitor or that you will leave at the end of the period specified by you. I therefore refuse your application under paragraphs V4.2 (a) and (c) of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.
I am also not satisfied that you will have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable personal costs yourself without working or accessing public funds. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 4.2 (e) of Appendix V of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.

NEXT STEPS NRA v 1.0

In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

I have prepared a cover letter addressing all the concerns of the ECO in my previous application most especially as it relates to the proof of self employment and the funds accruing from it. The said business is here in Nigeria and for this, I am attaching my company registraion documents, receipts and invoices and bank statements where the funds for my business are paid into...two accounts actually, a corporate and a personal account and I move funds between both. Furthermore, I also intend to attach another personal bank statement that has nothing to do with my business so it wont appear as though I am using my business funds for the trip even though I am the sole signatory to the business account and I have a balance of 1.4 Mil in the third personal account with no recent activity aside a withdrawal of 150k upon my return last month since I am not always around. However, for the first two accounts, there are lots of transactions since they are used for business. Hope the 3 bank statements wont be too much.

Lastly, do I need to go get an income tax clearance certificate for my business and add to the documents since British people don't joke with tax payment? This is the only question that is yet to be answered on this forum as I dont want to complicate things and at the same time, I know these people can pick on anything to refuse someone a visa which is exactly what I am trying to avoid here.

For those who have applied and gotten their visas as self-employed should shed more light on the tax clearance certificate thing if its really an important document in the visa application process or its something that has little or no weight attached to it by the ECO. Thanks in anticipation and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
You have to fill the form in tandem to/with your circumstances financially.
josephb:
Hi Giselle,
Could you please check this;
Hi Giselle,
Thank you so much for your time in explaining things in details, i mean, i am just puzzled at the amount of time you putting into answering lot of questions.
I would also like to know, in the aspect of Monthly income, Salary, etcetera on the application form, how can these be optimised? I mean how should this be filled?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2021
rickie67:
Yes she's my birth mom
For my birth certificate, I can't find my original one right from birth. So I had do a new one around that year.
The reasons given on your refusal letter are very explanatory. For ur birth year + relationship to your mother you will have to look for proofs to justify relationship.. I don’t know if the UK has dna centres which are approved by them and if you need to go this length as it is surprising to them that your birth cert is 17 years after birth and other inconsistencies as they mentioned on the refusal.
Next u showed them 4 money transfers between a few months and for a case where you state that you are fully dependent on ur mum as an adult and can not survive without this family reunification, 4 money transfers is too small to certify this. Only 4 oo
I think you will need to do personal research on this and gather as much evidence to prove your case as they do not believe you.
I am hopeful that others will contribute and offer advice to help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rickie67: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2021
Alright
Thanks a lot on this

giselle237:

The reasons given on your refusal letter are very explanatory. For ur birth year + relationship to your mother you will have to look for proofs to justify relationship.. I don’t know if the UK has dna centres which are approved by them and if you need to go this length as it is surprising to them that your birth cert is 17 years after birth and other inconsistencies as they mentioned on the refusal.
Next u showed them 4 money transfers between a few months and for a case where you state that you are fully dependent on ur mum as an adult and can not survive without this family reunification, 4 money transfers is too small to certify this. Only 4 oo
I think you will need to do personal research on this and gather as much evidence to prove your case as they do not believe you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
@esdajo the 4 day travel period was not even the major gbege.
You had a large deposit which looked like account building for visa.
Anyway if you do not mind me asking as I can’t lie to you, there are too many things tht could easily complicate your situation again and lead to a refusal.
What is the urgency about visiting the uk? I do not think there is at this point but you can try.
There is no urgency to go to the UK.
For me the safest way to apply as a self employed person is what I have continued to see with success on this thread. Have an acct dedicated for fixed salary from your business into your personal acct and apply with this after several months. This is what has had the highest success rate here.
With this you would be able to categorically fill the financial aspect of your form and have better chances with your personal acct.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rickie67: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
In terms of money transfer, she has been sending it through my elder sister account for years but it was when she decided to take over she then made some transaction on my account hoping it might be good for my document.

giselle237:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2021
[quote author=rickie67 post=105273068]Alright Thanks a lot on this
2 or 3 ppl have applied for this on this thread... huge delays but later got it. If I rembr well, one was not ‘truly related’ .. it was an uncle but all documents were disguised to be as though it was father and son and that is why I asked if truly this is your mum. ... even if you answer in the affirmative, what my eyes have seen still makes me doubt. Search them out and reach out to them as well. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josephb(m): 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sure,
Thanks, but how do i solve the aspect of showing claim(s) to this ( the monthly income)

Thank you.

giselle237:
You have to fill the form in tandem to/with your circumstances financially.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
josephb:
Sure,
Thanks, but how do i solve the aspect of showing claim(s) to this ( the monthly income) Thank you.
Your monthly income is the money earned by one and is deposited into your acct by your employer every month. If you have other sources of income monthly including rents etc. then show all proofs of receiving the stated amounts monthly..
if self employed.. ff the self employed pattern that has been used countlessly on this thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josephb(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thank you for your input.

But this still boils down to payment of Salary to oneself.

Of a truth, the British Embassy won't continuously know a genuine and legitimate visitor if this arcade way of visa processing continues.

They keep granting most overstayers visa 'cos they were able to abduct a principle all for visa processing.

We have over 200 countries and Islands in the world.

Thanks once again.

giselle237:

Your monthly income is the money earned by one and is deposited into your acct by your employer every month. If you have other sources of income monthly including rents etc. then show all proofs of receiving the stated amounts monthly..
if self employed.. ff the self employed pattern that has been used countlessly on this thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1oak: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thanks for your response, I don’t think I’ve come across anything like this on this part 4 thread, I’ll be glad if you can kindly point it out to me. Thank you

Tutu82:

Hi.Read older replies this issue has been treated extensively.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
josephb:
Thank you for your input.

But this still boils down to payment of Salary to oneself.

Of a truth, the British Embassy won't continuously know a genuine and legitimate visitor if this arcade way of visa processing continues.

They keep granting most overstayers visa 'cos they were able to abduct a principle all for visa processing.

We have over 200 countries and Islands in the world.

Thanks once again.

Personally I feel the UK has one of the most straightforward and easy visa application process though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
Can a self employed applying with only ( personal account ) that shows monthly income salary from company account every month? Please is very urgent and your contributions is highly needed sir/ma ......?

Note: she want to make it simple and straight forward no huge large deposited only monthly income salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by emikztica: 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2021
Good people of Nairaland!! kindly come to a sister's aid. please I need an urgent response to this wahala.

A friend suddenly discovered that 1 alphabet is missing from her first name on her international passport. (Using the following names as an example. Assuming Chinenyeaku is incorrectly written as CHINENYAKU; or CHUKWUEMEKA is written as CHUKWEMEKA on the applicant's international passport while every other document bears the current spelling of her names: TB CERT, POF, CAS, IELTS, BSc CERT, WAEC, NECO ETC)

POF is more than 65days.
Her CAS was issued today.
she intends to use priority or if possible super-priority cus her school resumes on 20th September.

she has been using this passport for more than 3years now without noticing this error, although she has never traveled outside the country before. It's the passport she used as an ID to open her bank account containing her POF. Mind you, it's the same passport she submitted to her school during the application process, also she used the same passport for her TB test...

1) SHOULD SHE GO-AHEAD TO APPLY FOR HER VISA?
2) IF YES, WHICH OF THE NAMES SHOULD SHE USE?

Please we need your urgent response. This error was discovered as we are about to pay for her visa fee and IHS. Please what should we do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by RTsulyman: 1:06am On Aug 29, 2021
Hi LtColOscarIbibo ,

Please I would like to know how you were able to secure a job as a skilled worker. What does it entails? My husband has been trying to get a hang of it .
Advice, tips and recommendations will be highly appreciated.�

He is a graphics designer with commendable years of experience and expertise. Graphics designing is listed among the shortage occupation. So that's why we're really considering going through the skilled worker route.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uzland: 8:25am On Aug 29, 2021
Uzland:
Please I need informed answers to my questions regarding the UK Health and Care Visa (UK HAC):
1. What are the major criteria for getting a UK job offer in order to apply for the HAC Visa while in Nigeria?
2. Also, does having a Nigerian MSc in Public Health boost one's chances of getting a job offer under Allied Health Professionals (ONS 2219), which is also one of the shortage occupations?
3. Can one with a Nigerian BSc in a health-related profession get a UK job offer for Nursing Assistant/Healthcare Assistant (ONS 6141)? Thanks.

Please I need answers to my questions above. cry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 9:30am On Aug 29, 2021
Whaoo that was quick, but doesn’t mean it was issued or not. Fingers crossed for you.
cunlay007:
House biiko help if the decision process is taken swiftly what’s the meaning ?
Self Service upload 16th Aug
Partner visa fee: $334.00
Premium Lounge/not Priority visa
Biometric 19th Aug
Travel Document Ready for Collection: 27th Aug
Is the process not too fast ?
Someome is Scared ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kingpokko(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2021
Tutu82:

I am not sure what you mean by ex-banker but ild say your finances seems all over the place or perhaps i don’t understand you proper(ly).

To answer no 5 you don’t have to have a “good” opening balance it just the way it is run and balance that matters.

To answer no 4 it doesn’t matter how many accounts you have they just need to know how much you spend every month this includes feeding,pay bills all of that just a given amount.If you say it is 200k that means your disposal is 550k(since you earn 750k).

To answer no 3:Yes both accounts are yours but the business account is corporate so keep them separate and be sure you can explain anything out of the norm.The caseworker uses the phrase within reason to make a decision that’s why two people presenting the same information don’t get the same outcome.

To answer no 2:YES.
To answer no 1:It does not matter how you pay yourself just explain it on your cover letter.
If i am to speak bluntly;
You took a good step by opening a corporate account and being the sole signatory the bank will have to do you a reference letter saying you are the sole signatory for so so company and sign thus…You might need a board resolution signed by yourself and the other director to substantiate your claim to 1m in shares.

You have run the company for years but to them you have only run it since 2020 when it was registered.Invoices are good but did they tally with the lodgements in your account and was it within that rang for all the months you submitted.

Take some months off to breathe and save up
As a family of four and the sole breadwinner i do not feel you are able to afford this trip at this time.

Good morning please I want to ask ..when you say keep corporate account separate what dose it mean
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 11:10am On Aug 29, 2021
@Tutu, good morning bro, please I want to know if after getting your visit visa, can someone change the address I use when applying. Also can someone shift the departure date?. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cutiella: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Good day all, for Cover and invitation letter (from someone in the UK), please assist with details of whom letter should be addressed to

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Can a self employed applying with only ( personal account ) that shows monthly income salary from company account every month? Please is very urgent and your contributions is highly needed sir/ma ......?

Note: she want to make it simple and straight forward no huge large deposited only monthly income salary

Please urgently response needed we wanted to start the application tomorrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Cutiella:
Good day all, for Cover and invitation letter (from someone in the UK), please assist with details of whom letter should be addressed to

Thank you

Consular officer
The location of the embassy in the country the person is applying from

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Juddy2018:
@Tutu, good morning bro, please I want to know if after getting your visit visa, can someone change the address I use when applying. Also can someone shift the departure date?. Thank you.

Yes.... I don't think tutu is bro o, but I could be wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
Icesnow:
Hi all. Pls does anyone know any university accepting third class graduates. Thanks.

Try Salford, Coventry, UWS

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nchabuomo:

Yes.... I don't think tutu is bro o, but I could be wrong.
Okay Nchabuomo, so after I got the Visa, my new address should reflect on the Transit Locator form right?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
Juddy2018:
Okay Nchabuomo, so after I got the Visa, my new address should reflect on the Transit Locator form right?.

Yes. The address of where you are going to stay should be what's on the locator form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please help. I couldn't submit my form because GTBANK card did not work. I clicked Submit after inputting my card's details, OTP was not sent.
What other options are available for payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
kingpokko:

Good morning please I want to ask ..when you say keep corporate account separate what dose it mean
Hi,I just mean for example you own a bottle water company that makes water the funds in the company account includes your capital,profit,maintenance, expenses and general running of the business.You can’t clear it out to go and chill in London as what happens when you need to pay for a broken down machinery.
So have that and also run your own personal account,where you set money aside routinely for your own needs so if you decide to use a percentage of it to naked in Brighton beach and towel off sweat with the money it’s all yours and you are justified.
Church and state separate it.
Hope this makes sense some?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.