Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447162 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Doodoo10: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
giselle237:
cnt be facilitated. U can send a paid mail to try your luck. Some people are still waiting for ihs refunds. Best to contact them to see if it will help in any way. Waiting time is however within 28 days

I already did. And I can not even use the IHS reference number to re-apply (sad). I'm regretting doing this refund as they made it look like a swift process at the application stage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theonlywan: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
giselle237:
what do u need tb test for? Pls it is not for visit visa.
If yes, go ahead and make payment of 57,800 naira to the iom standard chartered acct and go with ur passpt and receipt to iom office. Spk to the security officer that u are there for enquiry. Go in and speak to the front desk and book appt . It is free!!!! There is no money. Pls once again be sure u need this test.

Thanks for the detailed explanation
The test is for my study visa not visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
unikbeing:

Really sorry about that, when did you apply? I mean the date.
I applied on 16th August.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by annexes: 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
Good evening good people on this forum. I have applied to a school but I have a little issue bothering me which is.... the name on my passport is slightly different on my certificate, on my passport, I have 'AA' but on my certificate I have just single 'A'. Please help on what to do that wont affect my application or admission. Thanks ya'll...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mofland: 5:57am On Sep 14, 2021
Pls house,I have applied for UK tourist visa in 2019 and am planning to apply again,will I still do another biometric or the formal one is still valid?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2021
Mofland:
Pls house,I have applied for UK tourist visa in 2019 and am planning to apply again,will I still do another biometric or the formal one is still valid?

You will do another biometrics

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mofland: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2021
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by achmed1(m): 8:51am On Sep 14, 2021
unikbeing:

I did biometrics on the 9th of August, I got a mail on the 8th of September that my application has arrived UK visa section and is under Process by UK visit visa. I got the above mail after a sent a paid mail to UKVI.

How do u send a paid email and how long did it take to get a response?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 14, 2021
[quote author=annexes post=105791799]Good evening good people on this forum. I have applied to a school but I have a little issue bothering me which is.... the name on my passport is slightly different on my certificate, on my passport, I have 'AA' but on my certificate I have just single 'A'. Please help on what to do that wont affect my application or admission. Thanks ya'll...

[It will affect it, go do an affidavits for correction of name on your Certificate, that your name is misspelt on your certificate( writing out the wrong spelling of your name in full as it is in the certificate) and that the correct spellings of your names are ( the ones in your International Passport, writing the correct name just as it is in your Passport) Note: your Certificate name should be the wrong one and not your passport name, make u nor enter one chance. all the best in advance.]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by achmed1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Guys, who has processed a Standard Skilled Worker Visa application recently, how long did it take to get a decision from the date of biometrics submission?

That is , with a standard vis application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by achmed1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
Basically what's the trend theses days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hello house good afternoon.
I travelled this year for vacation with the 6months visa given based on invitation by a friend. The Visa has expired.
Please I wish to re-apply this year to renew my visa for 2yrs as against traveling for vacation on tourist visa next year between January/February from my annual leave, is this feasible for tourist now? as I wish to stay in an hotel.
Kindly recommend an affordable hotel not too expensive o pls, in London where I can stay for 17days that's inclusive of the 10days quarantine. The last time I was in England couldn't have the opportunity to get to London. This time around I want to put up in London and be able to have opportunity for site attractions.
And please how much is the 2yrs visa fee in naira and pounds please.?
Thank you o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
$532

You can only apply 3 months before your schedule trip.

Check booking.com or agoda.com for cheap accommodation.

Christabeliciou:
Hello house good afternoon.
I travelled this year for vacation with the 6months visa given based on invitation by a friend. The Visa has expired.
Please I wish to re-apply this year to renew my visa for 2yrs as against traveling for vacation on tourist visa next year between January/February from my annual leave, is this feasible for tourist now? as I wish to stay in an hotel.
Kindly recommend an affordable hotel not too expensive o pls, in London where I can stay for 17days that's inclusive of the 10days quarantine. The last time I was in England couldn't have the opportunity to get to London. This time around I want to put up in London and be able to have opportunity for site attractions.
And please how much is the 2yrs visa fee in naira and pounds please.?
Thank you o.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
Wow thank you so much well appreciated. Thanks

owenjegede:
$532

You can only apply 3 months before your schedule trip.

Check booking.com or agoda.com for cheap accommodation.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uzland: 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Uzland:

Hello dear, we're both in the same situation. I've been posting questions regarding the UK Health and Care Worker Visa route here but haven't got any responses.angry It appears this thread may not be the right one for this new visa route.sad
Please let's all join hands and call upon @ Justwise to create a new thread specifically dedicated to the 'UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health and Care Worker Visa'. Thanks.

Sequel to the above, a new thread has been created, specially dedicated to the 'UK Skilled Worker visa (formerly Tier 2 visa) & Health and Care Worker visa'.
Please follow the link below to connect with like-minded people and share useful information, tips, links, etc. Our goal is to see each other succeed in this pursuit and meet together at last in the UK.
https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health#105727486

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by funbox1100: 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
unikbeing:

Dadamann have you gotten any feedback from them?

@Dadaman and @unikbeing... You both and my Sister had your biometrics on 09/08/2021, and after Dadaman advised that I send a paid mail, they replied within 24hrs that it was at VAC. Just yesterday, she received another 'email' this time, asking for her details, and they were forwarded to the address. A REFUSAL LETTER WAS RECEIVED TODAY however, with refusal reason stated as:

•        You intend to visit the UK for 19 days for tourism. You state that you are employed earning 336,800 NGN (£590.63 at exchange rate £1 = 570.23 NGN). You state that you spend 150,000 NGN (£263.04) on the cost of living each month which leaves you with a monthly disposable income of £327.59.  You state that you alone are funding your trip and that you have £1,300 in total for your trip.  This equates to 4 times your monthly disposable income.  From the documents and information provided, I am not satisfied that the proposed trip is proportionate to your finances and is therefore credible. I consider this rather a large outlay on a tourism trip when viewed in light of your salary, which leads me to doubt the credibility of your trip and therefore your intentions for your visit.

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON THE WAY FORWARD EVERYONE AND ANYONE WITH AN IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON...���

NOTE: Money in her account at time of application was N1.8mill.

Also, monthly expenses does not total 150,000, basically. Just wrote it in the application like that cos last few months have seen her account depleting in that range for landed property she's building (all proofs were submitted).

No right of appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kingin007: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2021
funbox1100:

@Dadaman and @unikbeing... You both and my Sister had your biometrics on 09/08/2021, and after Dadaman advised that I send a paid mail, they replied within 24hrs that it was at VAC. Just yesterday, she received another 'email' this time, asking for her details, and they were forwarded to the address. A REFUSAL LETTER WAS RECEIVED TODAY however, with refusal reason stated as:

•        You intend to visit the UK for 19 days for tourism. You state that you are employed earning 336,800 NGN (£590.63 at exchange rate £1 = 570.23 NGN). You state that you spend 150,000 NGN (£263.04) on the cost of living each month which leaves you with a monthly disposable income of £327.59.  You state that you alone are funding your trip and that you have £1,300 in total for your trip.  This equates to 4 times your monthly disposable income.  From the documents and information provided, I am not satisfied that the proposed trip is proportionate to your finances and is therefore credible. I consider this rather a large outlay on a tourism trip when viewed in light of your salary, which leads me to doubt the credibility of your trip and therefore your intentions for your visit.

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON THE WAY FORWARD EVERYONE AND ANYONE WITH AN IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON...���

Also, monthly expenses does not total 150,000, basically. Just wrote it in the application like that cos last few months have seen her account depleting in that range for landed property she's building (all proofs were submitted).

No right of appeal.

Please who else did biometrics 19/08/2021 and hasn’t got a mail yet for collection as it is 18 working days now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
funbox1100:

No right of appeal.
They have clearly told you grounds for refusal as outlined in Red and only worked with the information you provided and the calculations when converted into pounds.
Yes she had 1.8million which is £3000+ but she declared £1,300 for the trip.
At her own time correct mistakes and reapply.
Better luck next time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by unikbeing: 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
funbox1100:

No right of appeal.
So sorry about the refusal, I sent another mail today but am yet to get a response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by imoniyi(f): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
[quote author=Oshare4u post=105800869][/quote]

I have a similar issue, the name on my passport is missing an A, due to that, the name one my certificate and NYSC is the wrong name “Imoleyo” instead of “Imoleayo”. My question is, I hope I won’t have an issue if I do an affidavit even if the name of my passport is the wrong one, I have even decided to continue using the Imoleyo since all my schools certificate contains Imoleyo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Igbonaijaboy: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
1oak:

Good morning all please I still need answers to this urgently . Thank you!

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am currently living in Ukraine and i have a work permit here. I will be applying for a UK visit visa in the 3 weeks from now. i believe i have all the necessary documents like letter from my place of work stating i work with them and i will be going on holiday for 3 weeks to visit my uncle in the UK and i will be back after 3 weeks, bank statement, payslip, my marriage certificate if need be, because i got married in july 2021

My uncle who is a UK citizen is inviting me for a 3 weeks visit, he's going to provide all necessary docs like his bank statement, his passport, invite letter, and in the letter he is going to state his relationship with with regards to how he is my uncle(he is related to my Mother), also a letter from his work(he has a company).

someone said just a letter from my uncle stating his relationship with me is not enough proof of relationship, i need to show that we have met in person in the past, so i need to have photos of myself and my Uncle in it and also show chat histories between myself and my uncle which i don't have any of these as i only started speaking with him a week ago. do you think i can apply with all my document and supporting documents from my work = marriage, and ofcoz my uncle providing his bank statement, he has a company(letter from his company), an invite letter stating our relation and that i and coming to spend 3 weeks with him and his family and that i will observe covid-19 protocol, and his passport is enough to procure a visit visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nanajec(m): 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hello Good people,

Can anyone assist me with how to retrieve my UK application that I did a year ago?
I have lost the link due to an email crash. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2021
Unfortunately you cannot, as it is automatically deleted after few months
nanajec:
Hello Good people,

Can anyone assist me with how to retrieve my UK application that I did a year ago?
I have lost the link due to an email crash. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
imoniyi:

I have a similar issue, the name on my passport is missing an A, due to that, the name one my certificate and NYSC is the wrong name “Imoleyo” instead of “Imoleayo”. My question is, I hope I won’t have an issue if I do an affidavit even if the name of my passport is the wrong one, I have even decided to continue using the Imoleyo since all my schools certificate contains Imoleyo.

Do an affidavit that the name on all certificate is the wrong one. You will be told to go change the name on your passport if you use the name on passport as wrong one.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
Igbonaijaboy:

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am currently living in Ukraine and i have a work permit here. I will be applying for a UK visit visa in the 3 weeks from now. i believe i have all the necessary documents like letter from my place of work stating i work with them and i will be going on holiday for 3 weeks to visit my uncle in the UK and i will be back after 3 weeks, bank statement, payslip, my marriage certificate if need be, because i got married in july 2021

My uncle who is a UK citizen is inviting me for a 3 weeks visit, he's going to provide all necessary docs like his bank statement, his passport, invite letter, and in the letter he is going to state his relationship with with regards to how he is my uncle(he is related to my Mother), also a letter from his work(he has a company).

someone said just a letter from my uncle stating his relationship with me is not enough proof of relationship, i need to show that we have met in person in the past, so i need to have photos of myself and my Uncle in it and also show chat histories between myself and my uncle which i don't have any of these as i only started speaking with him a week ago. do you think i can apply with all my document and supporting documents from my work = marriage, and ofcoz my uncle providing his bank statement, he has a company(letter from his company), an invite letter stating our relation and that i and coming to spend 3 weeks with him and his family and that i will observe covid-19 protocol, and his passport is enough to procure a visit visa ?
The bit i highlighted please in your additional information don’t give that as a reason because someone whom you just started talking with a week ago inviting you for three weeks is a tad uncommon.However,not everyone has met their relatives so it is incorrect to say you need to show you have met him in person.

If he is a citizen all he needs send you is data page of his uk passport,utility bills and a letter of invitation stating why he is inviting you and be clear what for and that he will be responsible for during your stay.

You on the other hand can now include your letter from work,marriage certificate and bank statements with funds enough to cover your return flight since he is sponsoring your accommodation/feeding i assume.

When you say Uncle is he your Mother,s brother sharing her maiden name or a relative twice removed? or just a family friend from her village?.I only ask because the English person has a different concept of “Uncle”.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by unikbeing: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2021
dadamann:

I'm also on the same boat as ur sister. I gave my biometrics on the same day. I only heard from DMC on the 6th of September (intended date of trip) that they had just received my application (like seriously after 19 working days) and that i will have to wait again within the service delivery timeframe (15 working days) for a decision. I was able to get their attention though by sending a paid email to them for a response that they would escalate my case to the relevant department. So, i suggest to send a paid email to them.
@dadamann and the whole house, what will happen if decision has not been made on your application as the date for the intended trip has passed or still counting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by davide470(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
funbox1100:

A REFUSAL LETTER WAS RECEIVED TODAY however, with refusal reason stated as:

No right of appeal.
1. You have a disposable income of £327.59 pcm and plan to spend £1,300 (4 times your disposable income) on your trip! That is the problem. You should plan to spend at most times 2 of your monthly disposable income on any trip if you want a visa.

2. Monthly expenses / Disposable income stated on your application form is as important as the Covid-19 test you will do. Take it serious.

You can re-apply with this in mind.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2021
@igbonaijaboy the person is right. Your chances are 50-50.. not more.
In my humble opinion, you cant state someone as a relation and have no evidence to back this up.
Seen some refusals with this. One even got interviewed and was told oha by the visa officer that he does not think the person is his relation in the true sense of it.
You must have a purpose of visit.
Someone you just found out he is your uncle abi just started speaking suddenly wants to invite you to come over for 3 weeks as how?
Every trip must satisfy some factors and this is one of them - intent
Again this is my humble submission and may be balderdash.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:57am On Sep 15, 2021
davide470:

1. You have a disposable income of £327.59 pcm and plan to spend £1,300 (4 times your disposable income) on your trip! That is the problem. You should plan to spend at most times 2 of your monthly disposable income on any trip if you want a visa.

2. Monthly expenses / Disposable income stated on your application form is as important as the Covid-19 test you will do. Take it serious.

smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by funbox1100: 6:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Tutu82:

They have clearly told you grounds for refusal as outlined in Red and only worked with the information you provided and the calculations when converted into pounds.
Yes she had 1.8million which is £3000+ but she declared £1,300 for the trip.
At her own time correct mistakes and reapply.
Better luck next time.

@Tutu82, Please what should be corrected in this situation? Should the monthly expenses be reduced (enough to reflect what's in her bank statement?
Should her proposed spending for the trip be increased or reduced?
Should a cover letter be written to say she's has her savings (£3000) in continuous employment, which will translate to being able to fund her trip conveniently...?

Please be specific, as I have no idea what can be done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by funbox1100: 6:49am On Sep 15, 2021
davide470:

@Davide470, In this case, 2× her disposable will be too small a budget for the trip, so what can be done to fix this?
Should we reduce her claimed monthly expenses, thereby increasing her disposable income (despite having enough savings to cover the trip)? Or what exactly can fix your point 1?

How exactly can the monthly expenses and disposable income marry, enough for it to be good to go?
Thanks in anticipation...

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.