Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445130 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by funbox1100: 6:51am On Sep 15, 2021
Tutu82:

They have clearly told you grounds for refusal as outlined in Red and only worked with the information you provided and the calculations when converted into pounds.
Yes she had 1.8million which is £3000+ but she declared £1,300 for the trip.
At her own time correct mistakes and reapply.
Better luck next time.

Thanks for your response @Tutu82. But please, how precisely can we rectify this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slimchuks: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2021
Hello.

Please, how long does it currently take UKVI to process Visitor visa application from the Victoria Island Lagos office after biometrics through the priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2021
I'm so sorry about the refusal. As for me, I got a reply from the paid email to UKVI yesterday that a decision has been made on my application and that i will be contacted shortly. Fingers crossed!

funbox1100:

@Dadaman and @unikbeing... You both and my Sister had your biometrics on 09/08/2021, and after Dadaman advised that I send a paid mail, they replied within 24hrs that it was at VAC. Just yesterday, she received another 'email' this time, asking for her details, and they were forwarded to the address. A REFUSAL LETTER WAS RECEIVED TODAY however, with refusal reason stated as:

•        You intend to visit the UK for 19 days for tourism. You state that you are employed earning 336,800 NGN (£590.63 at exchange rate £1 = 570.23 NGN). You state that you spend 150,000 NGN (£263.04) on the cost of living each month which leaves you with a monthly disposable income of £327.59.  You state that you alone are funding your trip and that you have £1,300 in total for your trip.  This equates to 4 times your monthly disposable income.  From the documents and information provided, I am not satisfied that the proposed trip is proportionate to your finances and is therefore credible. I consider this rather a large outlay on a tourism trip when viewed in light of your salary, which leads me to doubt the credibility of your trip and therefore your intentions for your visit.

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON THE WAY FORWARD EVERYONE AND ANYONE WITH AN IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON...���

NOTE: Money in her account at time of application was N1.8mill.

Also, monthly expenses does not total 150,000, basically. Just wrote it in the application like that cos last few months have seen her account depleting in that range for landed property she's building (all proofs were submitted).

No right of appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2021
The overt truth is that nobody knows these days. Just allow ample time to process your application, typically 90 days to ur intended date of travel.

slimchuks:
Hello.

Please, how long does it currently take UKVI to process Visitor visa application from the Victoria Island Lagos office after biometrics through the priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 8:50am On Sep 15, 2021
It doesn't matter @unikbeing. What is more important is that you have the requisite financial capability to cater for urself during ur trip. Once you have ur visa, u may decide to travel at any other time within ur visa validity.

unikbeing:

@dadamann and the whole house, what will happen if decision has not been made on your application as the date for the intended trip has passed or still counting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by berryiyke: 9:40am On Sep 15, 2021
Good day all, I recently applied for UK visit last month, did my biometrics on the 10th of August and was refused a visa last week Friday.

N:b I was initially refused last year December
And this recent refusal the Eco stil made mention of the last year refusal.

Please gurus can u help spot out what the problem is.

Await your favorable response

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Newerakings(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2021
Marytee2:
Thanks for the info. Make I send to my sis to look it up.

I was given a conditional offer for a january start MBA two years program at Teesside.

I have uploaded all the documents stated as conditions to get an unconditional offer but my offer has not yet been made unconditional.

Do i have to pay tuition deposit before i get an unconditional offer or wait till after my admission is made unconditional ?

Please i need advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slimchuks: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2021
I got a refusal mail from UKVI last week friday but i am yet to get my passport today from TLS. Tracking online and still at 'application received by DMC'. I have sent a paid mail to UKVI but no response. please, what do i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funmisoul: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2021
I av a 5 year old British son who stay with is father in uk since last year February ,and am planning to visit him for Christmas,av received invitation letter from his father which stated that he will not sponor me or accommodation,so i plan to stay in the hotel and d company i work for willing to sponsor me,pls can i go ahead with the processing for visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by unikbeing: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2021
dadamann:
It doesn't matter @unikbeing. What is more important is that you have the requisite financial capability to cater for urself during ur trip. Once you have ur visa, u may decide to travel at any other time within ur visa validity.

Thank you bro.
Have you gotten any feedback?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:02am On Sep 15, 2021
Funmisoul:
I av a 5 year old British son who stay with is father in uk since last year February ,and am planning to visit him for Christmas,av received invitation letter from his father which stated that he will not sponor me or accommodation,so i plan to stay in the hotel and d company i work for willing to sponsor me,pls can i go ahead with the processing for visiting visa
No nau. How will the company you work for be willing to sponsor you for personal vacation.
Doesn’t make sense initially. So pls explain how and why company is sponsoring you to the uk to visit your son?
What other ties do you hve to Nigeria? How much is your salary? How long hve you been working? What is your disposable income? What will bring you back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2021
Good morning everyone ..

I'm filling Uk application form for my sister, there's a place they asked
Do you have another income or any savings?

She wanted to submit only her salary account with the balance of 3m

Does it mean any saving they are referring too is the total amount she has in her salary bank account she wanted to use to apply OR another saving from other account

Please advise Us on this any savings issue on application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2021
giselle237:

No nau. How will the company you work for be willing to sponsor you for personal vacation.
Doesn’t make sense initially. So pls explain how and why company is sponsoring you to the uk to visit your son?
What other ties do you hve to Nigeria? How much is your salary? How long hve you been working? What is your disposable income? What will bring you back to Nigeria?

I think she can give it a try, my hubby is self employed and said his company is sponsoring him and he got his visa. Some people are entitled to paid vacation every year in some companies, so it's possible for a company to sponsor trips other than business trips.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funmisoul: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2021
giselle237:

d company is more like a family friend company and i work with them,my salary is 270,000 per month,for the past 4years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2021
I think they should have given you the conditions to make the offer become unconditional. Try and call or mail the school find out what the delay is.
Best wishes
Newerakings:

I was given a conditional offer for a january start MBA two years program at Teesside.

I have uploaded all the documents stated as conditions to get an unconditional offer but my offer has not yet been made unconditional.

Do i have to pay tuition deposit before i get an unconditional offer or wait till after my admission is made unconditional ?

Please i need advise.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejavus: 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
funbox1100:

@Dadaman and @unikbeing... You both and my Sister had your biometrics on 09/08/2021, and after Dadaman advised that I send a paid mail, they replied within 24hrs that it was at VAC. Just yesterday, she received another 'email' this time, asking for her details, and they were forwarded to the address. A REFUSAL LETTER WAS RECEIVED TODAY however, with refusal reason stated as:

•        You intend to visit the UK for 19 days for tourism. You state that you are employed earning 336,800 NGN (£590.63 at exchange rate £1 = 570.23 NGN). You state that you spend 150,000 NGN (£263.04) on the cost of living each month which leaves you with a monthly disposable income of £327.59.  You state that you alone are funding your trip and that you have £1,300 in total for your trip.  This equates to 4 times your monthly disposable income.  From the documents and information provided, I am not satisfied that the proposed trip is proportionate to your finances and is therefore credible. I consider this rather a large outlay on a tourism trip when viewed in light of your salary, which leads me to doubt the credibility of your trip and therefore your intentions for your visit.

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON THE WAY FORWARD EVERYONE AND ANYONE WITH AN IDEA OF WHAT'S GOING ON...���

NOTE: Money in her account at time of application was N1.8mill.

Also, monthly expenses does not total 150,000, basically. Just wrote it in the application like that cos last few months have seen her account depleting in that range for landed property she's building (all proofs were submitted).

No right of appeal.

UKBA try this line all the time its BS, its a shame there is no right of Appeal, we as Nigerians need to call them out on these stupid refusal reasons and tell them how bias they are.

I live in the UK and have been for over 15 years, Westerners around the world save up for Holidays, its not new infact most westerners go on Holiday on Credit and pay it back over a period of 6-12 months so, If I decide to use 4x my disposable monthly income for Holiday hos is that anyone's business.

My Sister's Visa was refused based on this stupid reason several years back when right of appeal was a thing and I replied them and blasted them suffice to say the reversed the decision and issued her Visa quick quick.

The UK Govt is just money grabbing by any means necessary.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejavus: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
funbox1100:

@Davide470, In this case, 2× her disposable will be too small a budget for the trip, so what can be done to fix this?
Should we reduce her claimed monthly expenses, thereby increasing her disposable income (despite having enough savings to cover the trip)? Or what exactly can fix your point 1?

How exactly can the monthly expenses and disposable income marry, enough for it to be good to go?
Thanks in anticipation...

Stand your ground, you cannot reduce the disposable income now you have told them what it is, please see my previous comment, when you re-apply, just stand your ground on why you think they made an erroneous judgement refusing the visa in the first place. You can pm me if you want to help you with the re-application, but you just need to call them out and explain why you think its unfair for them to refuse the application in the first place. I have done it at least twice for previously refused applicant and they have subsequently been issued a visa. I have proofs for these.

Mind you I don't come here regularly so if you message me on time then i might come back to you sooner plus I ll like to see the whole picture before I can give constructive advise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejavus: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
Thegamingorca:

smiley

I kind of disagree its all about how you word your application, documentation and your "Any other information" content of your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
berryiyke:
Good day all, I recently applied for UK visit last month, did my biometrics on the 10th of August and was refused a visa last week Friday.

N:b I was initially refused last year December
And this recent refusal the Eco stil made mention of the last year refusal.

Please gurus can u help spot out what the problem is.

Await your favorable response

1. Your lack of travel history
2. Irregularity in your account activities

Advice: You earn well enough, take vacations to other places; Morocco, Turkey, Dubai, even some visa-free countries then reapply.

When reapplying take into context the global situation with the pandemic, and have a clearer account transaction history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by davide470(m): 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
dejavus:

Stand your ground, you cannot reduce the disposable income now you have told them what it is, please see my previous comment, when you re-apply, just stand your ground on why you think they made an erroneous judgement refusing the visa in the first place. You can pm me if you want to help you with the re-application, but you just need to call them out and explain why you think its unfair for them to refuse the application in the first place. I have done it at least twice for previously refused applicant and they have subsequently been issued a visa. I have proofs for these.

Mind you I don't come here regularly so if you message me on time then i might come back to you sooner plus I ll like to see the whole picture before I can give constructive advise.

Lol You live in the UK so it is easy for you to say this. Anyways, I get your point though.

@funbox1100, you can either reduce the monthly expenses and try to ensure your budget is within 2.5x max. of the disposables, or you can go with what dejavus is suggesting.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by unikbeing: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
dadamann:
I'm so sorry about the refusal. As for me, I got a reply from the paid email to UKVI yesterday that a decision has been made on my application and that i will be contacted shortly. Fingers crossed!

I hope it will be a positive outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejavus: 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2021
davide470:
Lol You live in the UK so it is easy for you to say this. Anyways, I get your point though.

@funbox1100, you can either reduce the monthly expenses and try to ensure your budget is within 2.5x max. of the disposables, or you can go with what dejavus is suggesting.

All the best.

That's the more reason why I think I have an insight into how the applications are assessed etc.

NB- I give immigration advise so I have a very good idea of what I am talking about it. A lot of the case workers who treat the applications on just follow a list of tick boxes and some of them are not even skilled enough to use their own initiative, many times have I called them out and have had previously refused visa granted, I actually enjoy having a go at the staffs of the UKBA.

Its all about how you package your application and the wordings you use, if it was me, I would not reduce a thing and just resubmit the same set of documents but with a strong worded application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
dejavus:

That's the more reason why I think I have an insight into how the applications are assessed etc.

NB- I give immigration advise so I have a very good idea of what I am talking about it. A lot of the case workers who treat the applications on just follow a list of tick boxes and some of them are not even skilled enough to use their own initiative, many times have I called them out and have had previously refused visa granted, I actually enjoy having a go at the staffs of the UKBA.

Its all about how you package your application and the wordings you use, if it was me, I would not reduce a thing and just resubmit the same set of documents but with a strong worded application.

You have said it all. Just package the application and write with confidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
@ Dejavus, please what and what documents apart from statements of accounts should someone who is not related to me submit as my sponsor for visit visa application. Thank you, please treat ASAP.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by makylove101: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
dadamann:

I and hubby also completed our biometrics on the 9th of August. Sent a paid mail last week Thursday after waiting for over 20 working days without hearing from them and got a response two days ago saying that a decision had been made. I subsequently got a call from them yesterday requesting that we submit our passports within 28 days ( We opted for “keep my passport”).

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to stamp your passport. I ask because I am traveling to a different country in less than 3 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please can someone give me advice on how someone that is not related to me, can be my sponsor for a visit visa. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
Your passport should be ready by friday. After a decision has been made, and depending on other factors, it should take around 2- 5 days before passports are ready for collection. I note that the VAC staff can be very sluggish at times. If it takes longer than this, then the problem is from them.

makylove101:
I and hubby also completed our biometrics on the 9th of August. Sent a paid mail last week Thursday after waiting for over 20 working days without hearing from them and got a response two days ago saying that a decision had been made. I subsequently got a call from them yesterday requesting that we submit our passports within 28 days ( We opted for “keep my passport”).

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to stamp your passport. I ask because I am traveling to a different country in less than 3 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
So sorry about ur refusal. I remember u were about to cancel ur application as a result of a mistake.

Sponsorships can be very tricky. You have to prove why the person in question wants to sponsor you as u re not related in any way. The person will also have to write a convincing letter why they are sponsoring u, perhaps as a gift to u. My advice is that u plan well, exploring various possibilites before applying again. Plus, address whatever issues were stated in the refusal letter as well.

[Qquote author=Juddy2018 post=105845523]Please can someone give me advice on how someone that is not related to me, can be my sponsor for a visit visa. Thank you.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
dadamann:

So sorry about ur refusal. I remember u were about to cancel ur application as a result of a mistake.

Sponsorships can be very tricky. You have to prove why the person in question wants to sponsor you as u re not related in any way. The person will also have to write a convincing letter why they are sponsoring u, perhaps as a gift to u. My advice is that u plan well, exploring various possibilites before applying again. Plus, address whatever issues were stated in the refusal letter as well.

[Qquote author=Juddy2018 post=105845523]Please can someone give me advice on how someone that is not related to me, can be my sponsor for a visit visa. Thank you.
@ Dadamann, yeah is alright, Thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejavus: 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2021
Juddy2018:
@ Dejavus, please what and what documents apart from statements of accounts should someone who is not related to me submit as my sponsor for visit visa application. Thank you, please treat ASAP.

What is the relationship, generally it will be hard for someone who is not related to Sponsor your visit, they can however invite you but sponsoring would be a hard sell.

Mind If I ask the relationship and what you do for work also?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by funbox1100: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
dejavus:

I'm just seeing this @Dejavus, thanks for the response.

How can I message or reach you pleaseee? Can I drop my email address here for you? Cos I don't know if there's a pm option here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
Juddy2018:
Please can someone give me advice on how someone that is not related to me, can be my sponsor for a visit visa. Thank you.

Are you travelling to see the sponsor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.