Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440433 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by modext(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2021
Please is anyone having issues paying for visa application with Access Bank debit card. my own doesn't go through. What should i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nne...our people wey don travelu go UK ontop students visa, abeg make una share wetin be average income wey international students fit earn in one year.
Both rough and factual estimates are allowed kwa.
Baba God go bless una wellu well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2021
modext:
Please is anyone having issues paying for visa application with Access Bank debit card. my own doesn't go through. What should i do?

It doesn’t go through because your monthly limit spending is $100 on your naira card and the application fee is $137. So your best bet is to look for someone with a dollar card or use Flutterwave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:
Nne...our people wey don travelu go UK ontop students visa, abeg make una share wetin be average income wey international students fit earn in one year.
Both rough and factual estimates are allowed kwa.
Baba God go bless una wellu well.

During term time you can work 20hrs a week.
Ideally, you wouldn't have to pay tax on this amount as your earnings would be below a certain threshold but you will pay N.I insurance. Depending on which part of the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) you are resident in and where you find work (Amazon, Royalmail, Care Home etc) you might be able to earn between 8.5 pounds per hr - 10 pounds. So roughly you might be able to see between 400 - 600 pounds per month during term time i.e assuming you work the whole 20hrs every week for the 1 month.

During vacations i.e when school is not in session you can work full time. Do keep in mind that what I shared above is an estimate based on experience from a few years ago. Also ask in the student thread they will be able to help you better with more current information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
Blessings001:
Good day all.

Please can you continue to live in Uk even when your visa has expired?

Or will one be deported?
Seriously.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by modext(m): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

It doesn’t go through because your monthly limit spending is $100 on your naira card and the application fee is $137. So your best bet is to look for someone with a dollar card or use Flutterwave.

a friend was able to make the payment on my behalf. Please how do I go about this limit, because if i am to travel, it'll definitely restrict my spending.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. My sister got this mail this morning.

Dear Customer

Your visa application is under process by Visits UK.

Depending on the service you purchased, we aim to process:

- Super priority visa applications within 24 hours of biometric submission
- Priority visa applications within 5 working days of biometric submission
- All other visa applications within 15 workings days of biometric submission

If you enrolled your biometrics at a US Dept of Homeland Security Application Support Centre (ASC) then the processing time on your application will start as soon as we receive confirmation from the New York Scanning Hub that your supporting documents have been received and uploaded to our system. If you attended a VFS Premium Application Centre (PAC) then the processing time starts on the day you enrolled your biometrics.

Please refrain from contacting the enquiry service within the processing times. You will be contacted again when your application has been considered.

If anyone else contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to UKVI at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

Kind regards

Visits UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
modext:

a friend was able to make the payment on my behalf. Please how do I go about this limit, because if i am to travel, it'll definitely restrict my spending.

You can open a dollar card before you travel, I just did with UBA and daily spending limit is $2000. And I also heard from people now that you are entitled to $4000 as PTA, ask from your bank, when your visa is out, you’ll go with your ticket to the bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
bukimireal:
Good afternoon everyone. My sister got this mail this morning.

Dear Customer

Your visa application is under process by Visits UK.

Depending on the service you purchased, we aim to process:

- Super priority visa applications within 24 hours of biometric submission
- Priority visa applications within 5 working days of biometric submission
- All other visa applications within 15 workings days of biometric submission

When did she submit her biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bukimireal: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

When did she submit her biometric?

13th October
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2021
bukimireal:

13th October

Ok it’s just a normal message you get after submitting your biometric, this is to inform you that your application has arrived in the UK and is under processing.

I guess your application is standard not priority.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ezenwakelechi: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2021
I actually uploaded something there in that section( travel section) that is, my photograph picture instead of my international passport ,it was a mistake.
And I chose self service option,of which I was told I will only be able to submit once.
That's the reason I just needed clarification to know if it will be a problem for me and if there was anything that could be done to replace the photograph with my international passport.
Thanks
giselle237:
if it is only data page of your intl passpt that you said you didnt upload, it does not matter. You will submit the original ppt at the biometrics centre and they will also scan a copy by themselves just before ur finger printin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ogidigan1: 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
Dear gurus in the house,

*I plan to travel with my wife and 2-year old daughter this December for a 10-day holiday.

*I'm about to fill the UK standard visitor visa form.

*I've a full time job and I receive over 600k as monthly net salary.

*I also own a registered business that gives me over 800k monthly.

*Most of my customers pay into my salary account; Infact, I recently received a lump sum of about 8m from one of them. My tenants also pay into my salary account.

* Closing balance from this salary account is presently well over 20m.

*Pls guys, I need ur help...Will the fact that I allow my customers pay into my salary acct lead to a possible denial?

Pls I need your help....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
Anyone knows if fully vaccinated traveler needs Covid test to transit through Istanbul (Turkey) to BHX (Birmingham Uk)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mrflow1: 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
Fazfunms:
That’s correct. As long as your passport is valid for 6 months you are good

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
G

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2021
No you dnt. As long as you are fully Vaccinated, you are not required to do any test when transiting via Turkey since Turkey is not on the UK red list anymore
Ashirioluwa:
Anyone knows if fully vaccinated traveler needs Covid test to transit through Istanbul (Turkey) to BHX (Birmingham Uk)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:25am On Oct 18, 2021
No you dnt. As long as you are fully Vaccinated, you are not required to do any test when transiting via Turkey since Turkey is not on the UK red list anymore

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2021
Ogidigan1:
Dear gurus in the house,

*I plan to travel with my wife and 2-year old daughter this December for a 10-day holiday.

*Most of my customers pay into my salary account; Infact, I recently received a lump sum of about 8m from one of them. My tenants also pay into my salary account.

*Pls guys, I need ur help...Will the fact that I allow my customers pay into my salary acct lead to a possible denial?

Pls I need your help....

I think undocumented deposits into accounts are applied to the minimum income earners as standard by the ECOS to avoid fund packing but when your income level reached a certain standard as yours they then tend to look at your application at a bigger picture.

So with your stated income figures above I think you are very good to go. But it also depends on how long the balance sits in your account during and over the 6 months period.

My opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 6:46am On Oct 18, 2021
Ogidigan1:
Dear gurus in the house,

Pls I need your help....

p....

I think undocumented deposits into accounts are applied to the minimum income earners as standard by the ECOS to avoid fund packing but when your income level reached a certain standard as yours they then tend to look at your application at a bigger picture.

So with your stated income figures above I think you are very good to go. But it also depends on how long the balance sits in your account during and over the 6 months period.

My opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Haryoureendey4(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2021
realvip:

In the UK website, they have published list of companies with sponsorship license. Go through it and apply to anyone that's applicable to you. It's just same as applying for jobs in Nigeria just that this time around, the company is in UK.

There's really nothing to talk about beyond this but I will respond to your email when I log in.

Sir, i have checked UK.gov website can't find the section lots of sections there, pls sir can u help with the link? Infact i have already sent u a request mail.... Thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ogidigan1: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2021
My brother, Thanks a million.
rebless:

My opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 9:21am On Oct 18, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
I dont think so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by erico2k2(m): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2021
Blessings001:
Good day all.

Please can you continue to live in Uk even when your visa has expired?

Or will one be deported?
No you will get citizenship.
What a question angry angry angry angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2021
erico2k2:

I dont think so

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 11:16am On Oct 18, 2021
Ogidigan1:
My brother, Thanks a million.

You’re welcome brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by prettybimbim: 11:56am On Oct 18, 2021
Workingmama:

Been trying this numbers since yesterday, with Nigerian lines and Skype as well, I have not been able to speak to anyone.
Please any tips on how to get across to someone
Thanks

Ask someone living in the Uk to help you place the call. I did that and I was told a decision has been made on my application, and I should wait till i receive a mail from TLS to pick up. I asked when exactly I should be expecting the mail, but the person said they do not have an idea.. so we wait!

Someone mentioned that the delay in processing application is being caused by the Afganistan refugee resettlement, dont know if its true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by preciousokafor9: 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
Good day all the gurus in the house ,please I just heard of adult nursing(preregistration program) in Uk , basically for student who has a degree in other fields but would love to study nursing in MSc level . I have always wanted to be a nurse but I was giving another course to study here in Nigeria ,so I believe this is really a second chance for me . Please is there anyone here who must have undergone this preregistration nursing in MSc level to enlighten me a bit please , I’m so lost right now . I graduated from abia state university uturu from department of chemistry with a cpga of 2.93 on a scale of 5….please gurus I need little or more insights please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Peace505: 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. Please my sister needs a professional advice. About 5 years ago she claimed she was married while applying for US tourist Visa. Her visa was denied on 214b reasons. Now, she wants to apply for UK skilled workers visa and she's afraid of what the outcome would be because UK and US share information sort of. She is wondering if this would have any effect on her UK Visa. She doesn't know if she should pick single or divorced (she has papers to back it up) while applying for UK visa. She's still single though.
Please professionals in the house help us out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mchayy(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
prettybimbim:

Ask someone living in the Uk to help you place the call. I did that and I was told a decision has been made on my application, and I should wait till i receive a mail from TLS to pick up. I asked when exactly I should be expecting the mail, but the person said they do not have an idea.. so we wait!

Someone mentioned that the delay in processing application is being caused by the Afganistan refugee resettlement, dont know if its true.

Please when did you apply or submit your biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jayel15(f): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello fellow nairalanders pls does anyone know how to go about Nigerian passport renewal in the Uk with change of name? I know they now have a fastrack process which cost 120£, their change of name option lists only Nigeria as processing country, with no option to upload supporting documents. Has anybody gone through this process before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.