Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450203 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
She should be honest as possible because the 5 Eyes (of which the UK and the US are both members) do share data of applicants among themselves. If she is now single, she should claim such with evidence of being divorced from her previous marriage since she claimed she was married when she applied for a US visa, however long that was. Don't mess around with these embassies as they will find out from each other what she had filled on a previous application even if she now has a new passport as the previous passport number would be quoted on the new one anyways.

Peace505:
Good afternoon everyone. Please my sister needs a professional advice. About 5 years ago she claimed she was married while applying for US tourist Visa. Her visa was denied on 214b reasons. Now, she wants to apply for UK skilled workers visa and she's afraid of what the outcome would be because UK and US share information sort of. She is wondering if this would have any effect on her UK Visa. She doesn't know if she should pick single or divorced (she has papers to back it up) while applying for UK visa. She's still single though.
Please professionals in the house help us out.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Peace505: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
esdajo:
She should be honest as possible because the 5 Eyes (of which the UK and the US are both members) do share data of applicants among themselves. If she is now single, she should claim such with evidence of being divorced from her previous marriage since she claimed she was married when she applied for a US visa, however long that was. Don't mess around with these embassies as they will find out from each other what she had filled on a previous application even if she now has a new passport as the previous passport number would be quoted on the new one anyways.

Thank you for your response. If I understand your reply correctly, you mean it would be better for her to provide evidence of her divorce while while maintaining her current marital status(single)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello guys , please I need an advice on this ,my in law’s student visa was declined few days ago due to insufficient funds, the ECO said the funds in his account was 1k short .. he used a gtb account then now he wants to use fcmb account to reapply. It is safe to do so?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by onibokun10(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hi friends, I tried paying my tuition deposit with form A using polaris bank and its up to 2 weeks now without positive result . Pls should I cancel and use another bank or I should maintain it and still try another payment with another bank whichever is done faster then I'll cancel the other or which other faster means can I use to make the payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Peace505:

Thank you for your response. If I understand your reply correctly, you mean it would be better for her to provide evidence of her divorce while while maintaining her current marital status(single)?

Not necessarily. Maybe just stating she's single but previously married, however, adding the decree absolute document (assuming the claim of being married previously wasn't a sham to facilitate the issuance of the US visa) would also clear any doubt incase they run a check on her with the US embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kolizomanizo: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hi Team,

I will need your help. I got an EVOKED visa 10yrs ago due to misinterpretation of document used by an agent. I will really love to clear these mess with the british embassy. I really dont intend to travel to UK anytime soon. But i will really love to clear the mess.. i willl be glad if someone can help me with a way forward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EnnyEsther: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
Pls, I need help with this situation, I’m applying as a student with my husband and our child but my husband was removed from the UK in 2008 under a different name from what he used to get his visiting visa after overstaying. He has served more than 10 years ban (13 precisely) which was applicable to the removal from the UK.
Now as a dependent to my application, is it advisable to apply together or separately (I mean after we have left)? Though we intend to write a letter to come out clearly of the situation stating the removal with “alias name” and also showing full remorse and lesson learned from the situation.
My concern is that if we apply together, wouldn’t his situation affect me and my child from getting the student visa if otherwise considered as not acceptable by the VO?
Please advise on what could be the best option to explore.
Thanks…..waiting patiently for advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2021
EnnyEsther:
Pls, I need help with this situation, I’m applying as a student with my husband and our child but my husband was removed from the UK in 2008 under a different name from what he used to get his visiting visa after overstaying. He has served more than 10 years ban (13 precisely) which was applicable to the removal from the UK.
Now as a dependent to my application, is it advisable to apply together or separately (I mean after we have left)? Though we intend to write a letter to come out clearly of the situation stating the removal with “alias name” and also showing full remorse and lesson learned from the situation.
My concern is that if we apply together, wouldn’t his situation affect me and my child from getting the student visa if otherwise considered as not acceptable by the VO?
Please advise on what could be the best option to explore.
Thanks…..waiting patiently for advice.

Better you applying separately as you stated for safer side, later you and your child got your visa and arrive Uk successfully then let him apply and come out straight by explaining why he was removed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheGreatGod: 8:19am On Oct 19, 2021
Good day All,

Please I am asking this information on behalf of my friend.

My friend enters the UK in 2009 and stay there legally till 2014 (4 years legal stay). On the 17th January 2014, he withdrawn his appeal to the First-tier tribunal in UK and put a first application for leave to remain on the same day-17th January 2014.

The application made on the 17/01/2014 on human right grounds FLR (FP) end him with no leave to remain and he challenged this by a way of Judicial Review to the UK court of appeal.

The UK court of appeal orders my friend to submit a new application to enable the home office to consider his case properly. The second FLR(FP) application was made in February 2016, this was still when my friend have no leave and as ordered by the Court of Appeal.

The second application made in February 2016 FLR(FP)-human right application was refused again and certified as unfounded. This 2nd application was challenged again by my friend by a way of Judicial Review to the Upper Tribunal and won. The Home Office agreed to the withdraw the decision and pay the applicant cost of Judicial Review, which was sealed by the Upper Tribunal.

The Home Office reconsider the decision against and issued a new refusal with certification of the human right claim, which again my friend challenged by a way of Judicial Review to the upper tribunal but this time finally lost the JR.

Note: All these JR till the last one lasted my friend 4 years without leave to remain in the UK. It was when the final JR was refused by the Upper Tribunal after reconsideration was when my friend left the UK VOLUNTARILY ON HIS OWN EXPENSES AND RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA. This was 2 week after the last JR.

Now, my friend is in Nigeria and living in Nigeria for more than 3 years now and he is about to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa.

Please what are his chance of success based on his immigration history coupled with the fact that he overstay when he have no leave, undergoing Judicial Review and in the process a decision was withdrawn and later new decision was removed. My friend is thinking of explaining all his situation in a cover letter before he applied but he is seeking the audience input on his situation before he applied.

Thank you all and your input will be highly appreciated. Please assist a friend.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2021
TheGreatGod:
Good day All,

My friend enters the UK in 2009 and stay there legally till 2014 (4 years legal stay). On the 17th January 2014, he withdrawn his appeal to the First-tier tribunal in UK and put a first application for leave to remain on the same day-17th January 2014.

The application made on the 17/01/2014 on human right grounds FLR (FP) end him with no leave to remain and he challenged this by a way of Judicial Review to the UK court of appeal.

The UK court of appeal orders my friend to submit a new application to enable the home office to consider his case properly. The second FLR(FP) application was made in February 2016, this was still when my friend have no leave and as ordered by the Court of Appeal.

The second application made in February 2016 FLR(FP)-human right application was refused again and certified as unfounded. This 2nd application was challenged again by my friend by a way of Judicial Review to the Upper Tribunal and won. The Home Office agreed to the withdraw the decision and pay the applicant cost of Judicial Review, which was sealed by the Upper Tribunal.

The Home Office reconsider the decision against and issued a new refusal with certification of the human right claim, which again my friend challenged by a way of Judicial Review to the upper tribunal but this time finally lost the JR.

Note: All these JR till the last one lasted my friend 4 years without leave to remain in the UK. It was when the final JR was refused by the Upper Tribunal after reconsideration was when my friend left the UK VOLUNTARILY ON HIS OWN EXPENSES AND RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA. This was 2 week after the last JR.

Now, my friend is in Nigeria and living in Nigeria for more than 3 years now and he is about to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa.

Please what are his chance of success based on his immigration history coupled with the fact that he overstay when he have no leave, undergoing Judicial Review and in the process a decision was withdrawn and later new decision was removed. My friend is thinking of explaining all his situation in a cover letter before he applied but he is seeking the audience input on his situation before he applied.

Thank you all and your input will be highly appreciated. Please assist a friend.

This is serious ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2021
Good day everyone,

Please, how do I go about requesting for my passport from the UKVI as its been over 6 weeks that I applied and yet to get a response from them. The other time I called, I was told that my case was awaiting a decision and that it would be ascalated but the thing is I need the passport for something urgent and important. How do I go about this and after making the request, how long does it take before I can get it? I even paid a courier fee on the day I went for my biometrics so the passport could be delivered at my doorstep.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funky88: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
Good day friends, I'm having little challenge am answering my grand father's name while my dad is bearing his grand father's name (my grandfather) in my marriage certificate my dad surname is his grand father's name which he has been answering.my transcript and my international passport is having different years just one year different.I went to National population census to apply for birth certificate that Tally's with my with my international passport.but they are saying they can't offer me cos my surname is different from my dad.Please what do u suggest I do to avoid denial of Visa?
Please I need an advice urgently.

Eg my dad's name is okoro John (okoro is his grand father's surname)

While my name is igwe Anthonia (my grand father's surname is Igwe

In my marriage certificate my dad signed as Okoro John which the name he has been answering.late though

Now national population census is saying I should use Okoro John nee Igwe which is not in my international passport when I was applying it.my international passport is bearing my husband's surname. The problem is my birth certificate.Nairalanders please help me��������
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funky88: 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
[quote author=Funky88 post=106871894]Good day friends, I'm having little challenge am answering my grand father's name while my dad is bearing his grand father's name (my grandfather) in my marriage certificate my dad surname is his grand father's name which he has been answering.my transcript and my international passport is having different years just one year different.I went to National population census to apply for birth certificate that Tally's with my with my international passport.but they are saying they can't offer me cos my surname is different from my dad.Please what do u suggest I do to avoid denial of Visa?

In my marriage certificate my dad signed as Okoro John which the name he has been answering.late though

Now national population census is saying I should use Okoro John nee Igwe which is not in my international passport when I was applying it.my international passport is bearing my husband's surname. The problem is my birth certificate.Nairalanders please help me��������

Urgent help please! Please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2021
For a skilled worker going with the wife, will the wife need to present proof of English proficiency like IELTS as well?

Thanks for responding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funky88: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
[quote author=Funky88 post=106871894]Good day friends, I'm having little challenge am answering my grand father's name while my dad is bearing his grand father's name (my grandfather) in my marriage certificate my dad surname is his grand father's name which he has been answering.my transcript and my international passport is having different years just one year different.I went to National population census to apply for birth certificate that Tally's with my with my international passport.but they are saying they can't offer me cos my surname is different from my dad.Please what do u suggest I do to avoid denial of Visa?

Now national population census is saying I should use Okoro John nee Igwe which is not in my international passport when I was applying it.my international passport is bearing my husband's surname. The problem is my birth certificate.Nairalanders please help me��������Pls I need urgent help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Healhtyliving: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
No
realvip:
For a skilled worker going with the wife, will the wife need to present proof of English proficiency like IELTS as well?

Thanks for responding.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
esdajo:
Good day everyone,

Please, how do I go about requesting for my passport from the UKVI as its been over 6 weeks that I applied and yet to get a response from them. The other time I called, I was told that my case was awaiting a decision and that it would be ascalated but the thing is I need the passport for something urgent and important. How do I go about this and after making the request, how long does it take before I can get it? I even paid a courier fee on the day I went for my biometrics so the passport could be delivered at my doorstep.
no request. If u need ur passpt and decision has not been made. Then u need to make an application for withdrawal of application and go through tht process. Check google for mor information. Visa fee will not be refunded
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
Denov:
. I'm thinking of traveling to the UK this December. I'm a civil servant earning less than 300k gross monthly income. I withdrew 1.5m from my cooperative savings for POF. I have leave letter, payslips, employment letter, letter of promotion, letter to embassy, pension account statement of about 5m. My children and husband are here in Nigeria. My husband is a civil servant also. My children are in school. What is the probability of getting a UK tourist visa before Christmas?
how long hv u been with your current employmnt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
Fisherlala:
Hello guys , please I need an advice on this ,my in law’s student visa was declined few days ago due to insufficient funds, the ECO said the funds in his account was 1k short .. he used a gtb account then now he wants to use fcmb account to reapply. It is safe to do so?
Thanks
try uploadin a diff refusal letter. Unable to see reason of refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
giselle237:
try uploadin a diff refusal letter. Unable to see reason of refusal

Hello, I have uploaded a screenshot of the refusal letter, he wants to use a different account all together for his new application . I really don’t think it should be a problem since the new account is still on his name, But I need another opinion to be extra sure.
Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enimase: 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
Good evening house I need your assistance,my mom she want to apply for a Uk visa and she is married and in her marriage certificate she has yemisi soaga but in her passport she has Yemisi Bello soaga,the problem is her previous husband which the reason she did that is cos of us( Me and my younger brother from same father Bello ,but my younger brother is Uk at the moment actually) and from the new marriage she got a baby girl which is 11yrs which she’s the reason why my mom is using her new husband surname is soaga why she has in her passport as yemisi Bello soaga,so I am confused and want to ask how can she go about this and she will be going with my kid step sister and her passport name carries Moturayo soaga
I am think can she explain this in a cover letter and do an affidavit about those names in her passport and she will be retiring by ending of this month too please I need you positive answers to this am just confused about it all, thanks house in waiting for you all response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
Fisherlala:

Hello, I have uploaded a screenshot of the refusal letter, he wants to use a different account all together for his new application . I really don’t think it should be a problem since the new account is still on his name, But I need another opinion to be extra sure.
Thanks
it doesnt matter. Let the funds be complete this time around. Oanda exchange rate is what is used
Be in his acct or parents acct
Keep for 28 days first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
Enimase:
Good evening house I need your assistance,my mom she want to apply for a Uk visa and she is married and in her marriage certificate she has yemisi soaga but in her passport she has Yemisi Bello soaga,the problem is her previous husband which the reason she did that is cos of us( Me and my younger brother from same father Bello ,but my younger brother is Uk at the moment actually) and from the new marriage she got a baby girl which is 11yrs which she’s the reason why my mom is using her new husband surname is soaga why she has in her passport as yemisi Bello soaga,so I am confused and want to ask how can she go about this and she will be going with my kid step sister and her passport name carries Moturayo soaga
I am think can she explain this in a cover letter and do an affidavit about those names in her passport and she will be retiring by ending of this month too please I need you positive answers to this am just confused about it all, thanks house in waiting for you all response
I fail to see the issue because your mum has all three names on her passport.When travelling with your sister a copy of her original birth certificate would show she is a Soaga.
To cover all basis a mention in additional information of the situation would suffice and copies of both marriage certificates.This is not an affidavit issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheGreatGod:
Good day All,

Note: All these JR till the last one lasted my friend 4 years without leave to remain in the UK.[color=#990000][/color]

This is a bit of a mess and your “friend” should look at his options and decide if he can go to other countries that accept skilled workers such as Canada and Australia.

Based on the immigration act of 1971 section 3c,I feel he did not overstay as he had an outstanding Judicial reviews with home office though now quashed.Perhaps you do not know the full picture.

You did not state the basis on which his LTR was denied as human right applications and asylum are usually complicated.If the home office say it is unfounded such as people claiming they are gay and would be killed by their family if they set foot in Nigeria or be kidnapped by politicians and such stories.It simply means they do not believe it to be true.

In the Uk like most countries,great efforts are made to treat every application on its own merit so, he is free to reapply as far as he had no litigation debts and he left the Uk within 30 days of notification of the last refused JR.

The last time i checked,Paragraphs A320 and 320(7B) of the Immigration Rules state that you have to leave the UK voluntarily within 30 days of your visa expiring in the UK and you say he left at his own expense within 2weeks(14days) which is good.

He should consider speaking to an Immigration lawyer then decide what to do.
Is he eligible to apply?.YES.
Would he be granted?.PERHAPS.

I hope this somewhat helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheGreatGod: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
Tutu82:

This is a bit of a mess and your “friend” should look at his options and decide if he can go to other countries that accept skilled workers such as Canada and Australia.

Based on the immigration act of 1971 section 3c,I feel he did not overstay as he had an outstanding Judicial reviews with home office though now quashed.Perhaps you do not know the full picture.

You did not state the basis on which his LTR was denied as human right applications and asylum are usually complicated.If the home office say it is unfounded such as people claiming they are gay and would be killed by their family if they set foot in Nigeria or be kidnapped by politicians and such stories.It simply means they do not believe it to be true.

In the Uk like most countries,great efforts are made to treat every application on its own merit so, he is free to reapply as far as he had no litigation debts and he left the Uk within 30 days of notification of the last refused JR.

The last time i checked,Paragraphs A320 and 320(7B) of the Immigration Rules state that you have to leave the UK voluntarily within 30 days of your visa expiring in the UK and you say he left at his own expense within 2weeks(14days) which is good.

He should consider speaking to an Immigration lawyer then decide what to do.
Is he eligible to apply?.YES.
Would he be granted?.PERHAPS.

I hope this somewhat helps.

Well thank you as well for your advice and I really thank the precious person that respond to me, the person really gave us an insight.

Anyways, I just want everybody to note that we are not God and we can decide for him. It’s God that do things as he pleases.

Besides, human right claim can be refused and certified for any reason. Please read my statement properly, the same human right claim that was certified was quashed by the upper tribunal for reconsideration. It was the same evidence that my friend put in his application that was reconsidered again based on the decision of the upper tribunal and refused through a new decision.

Yes, in my own view he has a good case so that that it was refused based on the same evidence that the Home Office accept initially was wrong.

Secondly a good step on his own sides is that he left voluntarily after the last JR was concluded.

Besides, no body is God and his case is not that bad for God to handle. For me he still have a chance besides, he had served his 12 months ban.

Thank you and hope you have a great day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bishopkinkin: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
Please guys, anyone who has a Dollar card or account here in the UK that Can help me make a Card payment of 100pounds for my hotel while I give you the pounds in Cash? My hotel does not accept Cash payment only card, and unfortunately my Providus bank Dom card has been declining. Please help a brother out. I have the Cash in pounds with me, I just need someone who can swipe with their card and then take the cash. Please in London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Steven2954: 12:31am On Oct 20, 2021
Good evening everyone please how can I contact ukvi via Skype
I have mailed them 5times over retrieving my passport since March 22 that I submitted biometrics and got
Refusal letter may.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Funky88: 4:05am On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=Funky88 post=106871913][/quote]

URGENT HELP PLEASE!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blurpy: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2021
I don't know why it's difficult for Nigerians to stick with 3 names and be steady with it in all documents, I dont see what's difficult there even date of birth, some people get more than one, bringing unnecessary problems for yourselves.
Funky88:

URGENT HELP PLEASE!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enimase: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2021
Tutu82:

I fail to see the issue because your mum has all three names on her passport.When travelling with your sister a copy of her original birth certificate would show she is a Soaga.
To cover all basis a mention in additional information of the situation would suffice and copies of both marriage certificates.This is not an affidavit issue.
Thanks so much for you quick response to my message, but the first marriage there nothing of such proper marriage done and no certificate ,just from the second marriage was only proper things got done and there’s marriage certificate and please can you enlighten me more on what to do about this more so as to get a positive out come for her visa. Thank so much...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tintin933: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2021
Hello Everyone
please my surname is different from my dad's surname because i was named after my mum's father. my mum and dad actually bears the same surname because they are still married. And this appears on my birth certificate too. Could i be denied visa because of this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.