Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,005 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440517 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Williegh: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
Please is it only in Nigeria that standard visa application isn't being processed within the stipulated time or it's a perculiar situation everywhere of late.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Williegh: 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Also I'll like to know that can one still travel when the visa comes out but his travel time has passed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Williegh:
Please is it only in Nigeria that standard visa application isn't being processed within the stipulated time or it's a perculiar situation everywhere of late.

No, I think it’s everywhere. A friend of mine who also applied for a standard visitor’s visa from Berlin, Germany is yet to get a feedback as well. Tomorrow will make it the 4th week, that is 28th day he did his biometrics. I for one, I applied on September 6th here in Lagos and I am yet to get a feedback too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by heroshark(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
I received my Visa today.

Date of Biometrics: 27th September
Date of collection: 12th October

Visit Visa 6months validity with multiple entries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
heroshark:

congratulation. Did you use invitation or hotel reservation

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by heroshark(m): 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
iretiogo1:
congratulation. Did you use invitation or hotel reservation

I used invitation ( a letter from a UK-based non-profit stating that they will cover the cost of my flight, accomodation and some other expenses)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
heroshark:

congratulations! Did you use priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by heroshark(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Success2011:
congratulations! Did you use priority service?

Nope, Though I applied using the COP26 special route
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theonlywan: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

Are you not vaccinated? If you are you don't need pre departure covid19 test

No I am not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theonlywan: 11:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kajolplus:

1. Synlab Laboratory
2. Afriglobal Laboratory
3. Medbury Laboratory

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ibrahim8258: 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good evening my people
Is it possible or reasonable, as a CEO of my company telling my secretary to write a leave or absence letter,sign and stamp with company stamp and submit it together with my documents to the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nexton2468: 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
heroshark:

Please what and what documents did you submit ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Haryoureendey4(m): 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2021
Pls can i use my friend statement of account to process my UK visa? Acting as my sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by irabs4567: 3:49am On Oct 13, 2021
heroshark:

congrats bro, please how can i apply for visiting visa too? and how much does it cost plus i have a virgin passport. pls share more light . thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by irabs4567: 4:29am On Oct 13, 2021
giselle237:
dnt fall into traps. Alot of scammers pry this thread. To relocate to the uk, either through tier 1, tier 2, tier 4 or tier 5. Google on any of this and check the relevant threads with same title eg tier 2 for more information.

thanks for the feedback i appreciate,
for a virgin passport what would you advice i do? student visa is expensive for except if there are other cheaper school around europe. what is your suggestion for me applying for visiting visa with a virgin passport and getting a work permit later on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iffylove: 6:14am On Oct 13, 2021
Please.......

Iffylove:
Hello everyone
Please I want to ask how much does visit visa application cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 6:18am On Oct 13, 2021
Iffylove:
Please.......

I think visa fees is $135
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Senatornuella: 7:39am On Oct 13, 2021
Would appreciate it if anyone has any advice based on the stated situation below

Senatornuella:
Hi everyone,

It is that time where you want to apply for a visa and your heart begins to do many summersaults. This is my first time on this thread, though I v used other segments of Nairaland and got good results. I v also done some reading backwards and I just like to present my case and get advice from gurus here.

I am a lawyer, and a certified arbitrator. I work with the government and my salary is about 163k after tax. I do several cooperative savings and about 39k goes to 1, 33k to another and 10k to the last. I pay for insurance from my salary, I also contribute to my pension scheme. After all these deductions what finally hits my account is N69k monthly. Thereafter, after I pay tithe, I send 50k to a thrift saving I am also involved in�. (Please don't tire for me o). That is how my salary Waka every month. On the other side I am a home baker/caterer/event manager, I make beautiful cakes, pastries and tasty meals. I am also professionally trained nationally and internationally. (Although my international tutors met me half way in Ghana, but my certificate read that one from France and the other from Brisbane). I v attended about 4 big cake training institution here in Nigeria. How did you do it? Everytime I am on leave I attend a crash training program ��‍♀️. I am married with 4 children. The 3 last children I had in the US. I have traveled to Dubai (severally) Ghana (once for my training) and USA (twice to have my babies. I used 1medical visa to birth 3babies, last ones are twins). I never stayed more than the duration of stay given to me. I applied for US visa thereafter cos I wanted to attend another cake training and was denied visa reason said was that I didn't get the hospital zero bal statement, just a letter showing that we had paid our bills fully and that was not sufficient proof that we fully paid our bills. After my refusal I searched for another training in Dubai, I had paid for everything only for Corona virus to strike. I put everything on hold and when it seemed like coast was clear, I revalidated my ticket, did another visa and that was the time Emirate and Nigeria decided to fight, tsek. I want to visit the UK and use the opportunity to attend a 5day cake training again� (wetin lawyer dey find for inside cake).

Now apart from my salary account, I have another personal account where I run my business with. I have not registered my business cos of course I am lawyer working with the govt, if you get my drift. My business inflow and out flow in a month is over a million naira. I also coordinates contributions (osusu) this helps business people get liquid funds to plunge into their business and those saving to save and I use my personal/business account for it. I can sponsor myself for the trip, and my husband can but I intend to state that he is the one sponsoring me.

My question is this
1. As a civil servant, will I need tax clearance
2. Will I need to also show husband's tax clearance cos I didn't see people putting tax clearance as part of the documents attached
3. Will my US Visa refusal hinder the success of getting UK visa
4. The intended course is in Nov/Dec anyone I choose, should I state that I will be attending the training or I simply just say I intent to visit.
5. I do not pay myself any salary from my business oo, you know I make cake, I buy materials, I spend money from there also knowing that I should not eat up all my money. Simply put, my business doesn't have that organised structure yet. I intend to resign someday when I have finally gathered the mind and stopped being afraid to move out of my comfort zone, resign and open up my cake studio and academy, what I am doing is building myself up and building up my profile.
6. I was refused UK visa in 2012 cos then I didn't have all these ties even though I wasn't planning to run away then.
7. I have been married for 6years now, my passport is still in my maiden name. Been using it like that to travel

Please in light of the fact stated above, kindly advise me on how to go about my application. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amakapritty(f): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2021
Good morning g guys,pls is El_lab limited an approved covid_19 test centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2021
heroshark:

Do you pay for priority or normal stardard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iffylove: 9:43am On Oct 13, 2021
Thank you
iretiogo1:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omishor2020(m): 10:13am On Oct 13, 2021
Good day everyone. I'm trying to book on IOM and its saying "sorry slot is not available" even on 14th February. I try to scroll beyond to March date its still not going through. Am i doing something wrong. Please assist

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 11:35am On Oct 13, 2021
Omishor2020:
Good day everyone. I'm trying to book on IOM and its saying "sorry slot is not available" even on 14th February. I try to scroll beyond to March date its still not going through. Am i doing something wrong. Please assist
Send them an email asking them to book you for test. State your full name, valid phone number, type of Visa, destination country and type of test. Attach the data page of your int'l passport. They will respond to you on or before three working days. You will first get an auto response referring you to the website, ignore it.

Don't bother going to their office, I went there, there's no point at all. I even met people from other states coming to book, total waste of time.

They respond to phone calls as well, so you can call too. Phone number and email is on the website.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mulannoire(f): 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omishor2020(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
realvip:

Send them an email asking them to book you for test. State your full name, valid phone number, type of Visa, destination country and type of test. Attach the data page of your int'l psspt
They respond to phone calls as well, so you can call too. Phone number and email is on the website.

Thanks alot. God bless. I will send the mail. Please can i go with my transaction receipt screenshot or i have to print my bank statement as proof
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iffylove: 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
Thank you... please can the money be paid using Nigeria ATM card??
I am applying for a visit visa for one of my elderly fathers, so I need to give him all the due information.
Also, what are the documents he will provide so that we can start gathering it. How much money should he also have in his account?
He is a retired Professor.
Thank you.
iretiogo1:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iretiogo1: 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Iffylove:
Thank you... please can the money be paid using Nigeria ATM card??
I am applying for a visit visa for one of my elderly fathers, so I need to give him all the due information.
Also, what are the documents he will provide so that we can start gathering it. How much money should he also have in his account?
He is a retired Professor.
Thank you.
No the monthly limit is 100$
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tintin933: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
please help
i am in Ghana and have been invited for my graduation in uk because i did a uk masters here in Ghana. my cousin is my sponsor for the trip and he is taking care of everything. My issue is he is just 28years and he has so much money in his account for his age which is a result of his benefits he derived from his late father's will last year. His other account has 25,000 cedis in it but it is only for his salary he doesnt touch that account so in essence it is not a running account. only his salary passes through that account and he never redraws from it. if i attach statements from these 2 accounts and a letter of administration from the court covering his father's will and also a letter showing his share of the benefit as to why he has such a fat account and i also attach his pay slips for the 25,000 cedis account. Can this be accepted i plan on spending just 2 weeks in the uk. Does it seem fraudulent? i also have an account but not lot of money is in there.i will also attach my payslip as i have a good job in ghana
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
Tintin933:
please help
i am in Ghana and have been invited for my graduation in uk because i did a uk masters here in Ghana. my cousin is my sponsor for the trip and he is taking care of everything. My issue is he is just 28years and he has so much money in his account for his age which is a result of his benefits he derived from his late father's will last year. His other account has 25,000 cedis in it but it is only for his salary he doesnt touch that account so in essence it is not a running account. only his salary passes through that account and he never redraws from it. if i attach statements from these 2 accounts and a letter of administration from the court covering his father's will and also a letter showing his share of the benefit as to why he has such a fat account and i also attach his pay slips for the 25,000 cedis account. Can this be accepted i plan on spending just 2 weeks in the uk. Does it seem fraudulent? i also have an account but not lot of money is in there.i will also attach my payslip as i have a good job in ghana

In this case let your friend transfer the money he wanted to sponsor you to your bank account and write a sponsorship letter stated the amount he send , date, time, and purpose

I believe other gurus in the house will contribute as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by simplyamen: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
Goodevening everyone. I am applying to live in the UK as a spouse and the ECCTIS (UK NARIC) is requesting for scanned transcript. They declined giving me an email address for me to give UNILAG to forward to. They asked me to scan all documents on my application portal. Please is it ok to request for a student copy of Transcript from UNILAG to present to the ECCTIS?

Help a confused person!

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.