Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444224 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dandicker:
Please help me out, UK embassy just mistook me from someone else.
look for the complaints email on this thread and file a formal complaint via email

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 10:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
giselle237:
it wont work. Forget about it

Really? How about filing for adoption?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ritlala: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
I called UK home office when we were in Nigeria, the lady advised we travel with it like and check if his brp has same error, then we can correct the brp instead because the one on passport is just a sticker and has an expiring date. We collected brp and saw same error, we were told to go online and use this link for correction using this link https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card/correct-mistakes.
ladydelish:
Hi Ritlala, could you please work me through how the error on your husband’s dependent visa was resolved, I’ve tried sending an email but not sure it dropped. Thank you ��

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Thanks for your response

Am I to pay the 27k at the VFS office or I am to pay online.

Will like to know this before the date.

Thanks
You can pay at your appointment or pay online prior to the appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Dandicker, appeal your decision , last I read a refusal letter there was an appeal option and a review option but I don’t know what obtains now.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dandicker: 1:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Visa denied, and it was written that I don't have the right to appeal. Despite the mistake is from them. Please house how do I go about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Dandicker:
Visa denied, and it was written that I don't have the right to appeal. Despite the mistake is from them. Please house how do I go about it?
i have answerd you. This is not an appeal. They erroneously judged you wrongly. File a formal complaint and send to the complaints email with all your facts. Check this thread for the complaints email. U will be re considered. U have absolutely nothin to do with Italy. Use style and make a fuss about how u paid for the service only for it to be wrongly judged bla bla

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 5:40am On Nov 05, 2021
MSQ055:

I submitted my birth certificate, payslips, bank statement, employment letter, visa page, brp, international passport, her international passport, her proof of fund (this might not be important tbough). I wrote an invitation letter stating that it's an all expenses paid trip, consent leteefrom my dad, tenancy agreement, utility bill, CoS

Wow, thanks so much.

Someone was saying I need to add for instance what she does at home, say maybe owning a shop etc.

Please can you help me with sample of introduction or invitation letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ndessien: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2021
Please how do I get cheap Qatar airways flight tickets. On their site it's 205 naira but can't pay with naira card. On Wakanow it is 227 naira. Paying for 5 persons.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:41am On Nov 05, 2021
Ndessien:
Please how do I get cheap Qatar airways flight tickets. On their site it's 205 naira but can't pay with naira card. On Wakanow it is 227 naira. Paying for 5 persons.
Go to their office in VI or at the airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Dandicker:
Someone here stated earlier and recently the method to go about this complaint.
Draft a strongly worded and polite letter to them detailing the facts point by point and attach evidence to show that there is a mistaken identity in question.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Dandicker:
Good morning.
giselle237 has already told you what to do.
Email complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk giving your contact details,full name,passport number and refusal details and make a complaint about their mistake.Stress the inconvenience to you and how a mistaken identity has upset you and speaks wrongly to your decent character and ask it be corrected as soon as possible.
Also fill the form on this link
https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration
Make the email strongly worded but polite.
These people are humans and they make mistakes too.Sorry about this.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dandicker: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2021
Thanks allot- giselle237, debbieeeee, tutu84. God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adeolaben(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2021
Please can anyone help.... I have some Thomas cook travelers checks worth $750 USD unsigned . I tried sending it to the travelex company at the UK for encashment, but getting to the DHL and fedex office, I was told that it is against their law to send any thing above $50 USD ... Can anyone going to the UK be of help....?

I really need this money for my farm project in Nigeria here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dupyshoo: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2021
You will need to officially adopt her. That's the only way. The implication is that your sister will not have parental right anymore. She needs to understand that.

Firefunmi2014:

Thank you for taking your time to explain this.

I am on skilled care visa.

Let me quickly give a little background. The girl is my sister 's daughter, the father died before she was given birth to . She is 11 yes old. I have been taking care of her since then, I can't just leave her behind while I take my children alone.

Are there any other options available for me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ademidun1: 10:39am On Nov 05, 2021
Thank you for your advice. I will call them.
Tutu82:

Hi Ademidun1,

At this stage it is a bit puzzling but things are slow.

Can you ring Ukvi directly on +44 (0)203 875 4669?.They should be able to trace on the system what has happened and sort this mix up as against sending Emails which have not yielded results.

I hope this is all over soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 05, 2021
dupyshoo:
You will need to officially adopt her. That's the only way. The implication is that your sister will not have parental right anymore. She needs to understand that.

Even with adoption she cannot take her and i explained why in my previous write up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dupyshoo: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2021
Why can't she? A family friend just brought her niece as dependant this month after adopting her officially.

**edit*** Just saw your post now. Interesting development!! Very likely the family friend adopted the niece before Mar 21. Will confirm though.

Tutu82:

Even with adoption she cannot take her and i explained why in my previous write up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2021
Lol

adeolaben:
Please can anyone help.... I have some Thomas cook travelers checks worth $750 USD unsigned . I tried sending it to the travelex company at the UK for encashment, but getting to the DHL and fedex office, I was told that it is against their law to send any thing above $50 USD ... Can anyone going to the UK be of help....?

I really need this money for my farm project in Nigeria here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lems2: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Good morning all, please has anyone who did biometrics using the standard visa application October gotten any response yet? October 14th precisely,. Or does it take two months or more now?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jaybee0519: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nothing yet and I've sent two mails to them, just got automatic response. Have yours been sorted?

morenikeome:
Hmmm have you heard anything from TLS now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
Dear customer

Thank you for your SITEL enquiry

Your visa application is still currently being processed. I have escalated this to the appropriate entry clearance officer. This means you will receive your visa decision and passport as soon as possible.

I got this reply after I sent paid mail.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tamitee(f): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
I'm also October 14...nothing yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ExcelIBK(f): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Please has anyone who did Biometrics for priority on Oct 29 gotten any feedback
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
I have been able to make the payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ExcelIBK(f): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
You need to check the online transaction limit for your dollar card per month whether it has been exhausted by the amount you paid.

If it has not been exhausted, maybe you should call your bank as they may have places PND because they suspecting to many transaction on the same website which you had not done before,and think it's a fraudulent activity on your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mystikal(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
esdajo:
Most likely a visa on a probability of 99.99.

You were spot on. Got my visa today via courier. Ecstatic

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mystikal(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
VISA ALERT

Application Type: Student Visa PhD

Applied on the 16th of October

Rescheduled Biometric earlier set for 20th October to 21st October (next day)

I did Biometrics on the 21st of October in Abuja (Priority)

Received a Non straight forward mail on the 25th of October

Sent a paid email to UKVI on the 30th of October

Received an email about decision on 2nd November

Collected my visa via courier 5th November

Student visa valid till Jan 1st, 2026

It is instructive to note that I had an immigration problem with regards "overstaying" in the UK ten years ago, which ultimately carries a 10 year ban. I wasn't sure if I was effectively on a ten year ban or not but had to wait for 10 years to apply to enter the UK again. At some point I wasn't sure what to expect of the outcome, thats why this outcome is a super relief for me and a shot at second chance.

I am grateful to everyone here whose inputs I learnt from and believe more testimonies will come out from here.

Off to Glasgow in a couple of weeks.

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morenikeome: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
Haven't heard from TLS yet. Just got email that decision has been made and I should be advised on the collection of my passport soon. I don't understand the delay
Jaybee0519:
Nothing yet and I've sent two mails to them, just got automatic response. Have yours been sorted?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
Congratulations mystikal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morenikeome: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
Congratulations!!!
mystikal:
VISA ALERT

Application Type: Student Visa PhD

Applied on the 16th of October

Rescheduled Biometric earlier set for 20th October to 21st October (next day)

I did Biometrics on the 21st of October in Abuja (Priority)

Received a Non straight forward mail on the 25th of October

Sent a paid email to UKVI on the 30th of October

Received an email about decision on 2nd November

Collected my visa via courier 5th November

Student visa valid till Jan 1st, 2026

It is instructive to note that I had an immigration problem with regards "overstaying" in the UK ten years ago, which ultimately carries a 10 year ban. I wasn't sure if I was effectively on a ten year ban or not but had to wait for 10 years to apply to enter the UK again. At some point I wasn't sure what to expect of the outcome, thats why this outcome is a super relief for me and a shot at second chance.

I am grateful to everyone here whose inputs I learnt from and believe more testimonies will come out from here.

Off to Glasgow in a couple of weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by thaIgbochick(f): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hey guys good afternoon. Please has anyone who did Biometric on 5th October (standard visa) received their passports back?

I confirmed the decision was made October 15th for my husband (it was granted) but we are yet to receive our passports back

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.