Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451521 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UrFears: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2021
Hi guys, pls a career path in medicals(Nursing, med doc., etc) or in Tech (programming, Software eng,etc) which do you think its more profitable?. Forget about passion, etc. Which would advice one to go into interms of ease of getting jobs and profitability. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2021
mustyy:
I applied for a Standard Visitor Visa on 16th September, received my refusal letter on 22nd October and 26th October a collection mail

Please I need clarification on serious, the tls centre can hold the passport for only 28 days, what will happen if you go weeks after the 28 days, will you loose it.

Please advise i am worried now, because I cannot make up to that 28 days period to come and take your passport.

Please advise. Anyone with similar issues.

If you fail to pick up your passport within the stipulated time it will be transferred to Nigeria immigration service office in Alagbon Ikoyi where you will pay to get it back with long and strenuous procedure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Please any info on this please!!!
I need to reply their mail and pressure them a bit on my visa application, its past 22 working days now
Any body pls help, where do i get IHS number from, for those that have used the paid email for their visa applications

samplay9:
I sent a paid mail after my tourisy visa application exceeded more than 21 working days and no decision or collection mail, they responded with this mail on the photo, i want to reply but i do not understand what they mean by iHS Number, what does that mean and were am i getting that please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
Simplest123:
Good morning house,

Pls I need your advise, after filled my UK Visa application and paid for my Visa fees and booked for biometric appointment date, I realized a mistake where they asked in the application form that how much are you personally planning to spend on your UK Visa ?

I don't know that what they mean is total amount of your money that you intend to spend on your visit to the UK. Estimate the amount and include flights, accommodation and everyday expenses.

Actually my disposable income is 220k and my husband wanted to sponsor me with 300k

All my travel budget is 7000k ie my 2 month disposable income is 440k, but I wanted to spend 400k and plus my husband 300k sponsor which he as transferred into my bank account

I put 400k at where they ask how much are you personally planning to spend on your UK instead of 700k ie my 400 disposable + 300k my husband use to sponsor me

Althought I have not go for my biometric and can I put this on a cover letter for correction or can I submit the print out of my application section where that asked the question and write 700k ?

Please advise ..see the attached below

You are correct in your response to the question.

How much are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK

Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit? Your husband
--- Yes

How much are they paying towards your visit? Your Husband

In this case, they are going to sum them up totaling 700K ..You'll then submit your proof of funds as well as your husband's proof of funds to cover your travel expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
IHS (immigration health surcharge). It doesn't apply to a tourist visa. Just leave it blank.

samplay9:

Please any info on this please!!!
I need to reply their mail and pressure them a bit on my visa application, its past 22 working days now
Any body pls help, where do i get IHS number from, for those that have used the paid email for their visa applications

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
Thanks alot, i appreciate

leilakhadijah:
IHS (immigration health surcharge). It doesn't apply to a tourist visa. Just leave it blank.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by harrrry: 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
Please house, can unvaccinated person do day 2 and day 5 only?
2) Can you recommend a cheap and effective service provider?
Going to Bristol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
Simplest123:

Thank you very much Kenneth 417

I really appreciate your concerns bro

I also stated that on my cover letter

You're welcome. Good Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by aloskyyoung: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2021
Please has anyone experienced this before?, I want to know if they always states number of days to return the Passport for Visa stamping if you use “Keep My Passport” package.

aloskyyoung:
With what I am seeing here regarding priority visa not getting response within 5 days

I will be using the ”Keep my passport” package by the VFS for my Standard visa application, what I just want to know is that, What happens when you use the “Keep my passport” for UK VISA and you dont QUICKLY return the passport when requested

Because I guess with this delays, I may be out of country by the time they will request for the passport (that’s if they approve the visa application) but I don’t know if there is time frame they give for someone to return the passport back to them to stamp the visa on it.

Any experience on this?, Will appreciate the response.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mummywifey: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
aloskyyoung:
Please has anyone experienced this before?, I want to know if they always states number of days to return the Passport for Visa stamping if you use “Keep My Passport” package.

One month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mustyy: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
thank you for reponse, they said 28 days, i recieved the mail for collection on 26th october, said passport can only be held for 28 days, is it 28 working days..?, exclusive of weekends ?, if so i can make it. please advice
rebless:

If you fail to pick up your passport within the stipulated time it will be transferred to Nigeria immigration service office in Alagbon Ikoyi where you will pay to get it back with long and strenuous procedure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
mustyy:
thank you for reponse, they said 28 days, i recieved the mail for collection on 26th october, said passport can only be held for 28 days, is it 28 working days..?, exclusive of weekends ?, if so i can make it. please advice

I don’t have knowledge of this but I advise that you contact TLS via email or telephone for further clarity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mustyy: 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2021
OR alternatively how do i opt for Courier service to avoid travelling to Abuja to collect passport
rebless:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
Oftentimes, people complain that their visa processing times exceed the 5 days stipulated for priority processing. This is to provide insight into why some visa processing times may be delayed beyond the stipulated 5 days for priority. Below is an excerpt from the TLSContact booking site.

“How long does a Priority Visa application take?
UKVI aims to make a decision on your Priority Visa application, and contact you to let you know that your passport is ready to be collected within 5 working days from when you submit your biometric information.
However, every application is unique, and if your application is not straightforward, it may not be possible to meet this timescale. If this is the case, your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process, and UKVI will aim to process your application within global customer service standards. Your application may not be straightforward if you have:
• been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
• been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
• been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
• overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
• had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
• been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
• been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
• you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
• you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
• you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Priority Visa service, as UKVI may be unable to process your application within the 5-day timescale.”

I'd like those that their visa processing times for priority have streched beyond the 5 days to kindly state whether they fall into any of the categories above so that others can be properly guided. You do not have to state the particular category you fall into, just indicate that you fall into one so that we do not accuse them for falsely.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 6:32am On Nov 07, 2021
Hi Sir, please help clarify. For me I am being fully sponsored, which means I won't be spending a dime from my Money.

What I put on the money I will be spending personally is My estimated expenses and what I put on the sponsor's column is the total money my sponsor will be giving me which is not the same amount.

My expenses is less than the amount my sponsor is giving me.

when I saw your reply, I went to edit my personal expenses to zero, but it refuse to register, it insisted that I put an amount.

In this case what do I do? As I will not be adding any funds because I don't have a pof to show in that regard.

Thank you in anticipation �

Kenneth417:

You are correct in your response to the question.

How much are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK

Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit? Your husband
--- Yes

How much are they paying towards your visit? Your Husband

In this case, they are going to sum them up totaling 700K ..You'll then submit your proof of funds as well as your husband's proof of funds to cover your travel expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2021
Hello fam, please I am on this page on my application form. I want to opt for a priority visa, but there's option for just standard. How do I pay for priority please

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Richardelorin: 6:59am On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning all.
My wife is applying for EUSS family permit & travel permit and is a 6months visa, does she need Tuberculosis test for it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicki2020: 8:15am On Nov 07, 2021
Well in my case this is my first ever visa application as dependant to my husband whom it was also his first visa application and was granted in 5 working days. And i wasnt sent a not straightforward email. Never committed any crime talkless of go to police station. And a decision was made on my application since early October. As at 14th of October when I called the home office I was told a decision was made about a week ago that I should have received a collection mail. I have not received any email from ukvi not even a refusal email. It was last week Monday when I went to tls crying they told me my passport is delay at the embassy and that they the embassy called and apologize stating that my passport was kept with a more recent batch that why it has a delay even though my visa decision was under the 10 working days the ukvi is now working on priority for due to the large application. Bottom line is at the moment they are treating student visa as priority and any other visa whether you paid for priority as standard and it will take time to now had the embassy delay.

Oftentimes, people complain that their visa processing times exceed the 5 days stipulated for priority processing. This is to provide insight into why some visa processing times may be delayed beyond the stipulated 5 days for priority. Below is an excerpt from the TLSContact booking site.

“How long does a Priority Visa application take?
UKVI aims to make a decision on your Priority Visa application, and contact you to let you know that your passport is ready to be collected within 5 working days from when you submit your biometric information.
However, every application is unique, and if your application is not straightforward, it may not be possible to meet this timescale. If this is the case, your application will still be put at the front of the queue at every stage of the decision-making process, and UKVI will aim to process your application within global customer service standards. Your application may not be straightforward if you have:
• been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
• been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
• been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
• overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
• had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
• been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
• been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, or the Schengen countries, and/or;
• you have been interviewed, detained, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
• you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
• you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
If you fall into one of these categories, you may not want to use the Priority Visa service, as UKVI may be unable to process your application within the 5-day timescale.”

I'd like those that their visa processing times for priority have streched beyond the 5 days to kindly state whether they fall into any of the categories above so that others can be properly guided. You do not have to state the particular category you fall into, just indicate that you fall into one so that we do not accuse them for falsely.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bobore12: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning house please I read on here that people said decision has been make on their application please how do I check decision on my application I applied since September 29
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 10:08am On Nov 07, 2021
Beedollas:
Hi Sir, please help clarify. For me I am being fully sponsored, which means I won't be spending a dime from my Money.

What I put on the money I will be spending personally is My estimated expenses and what I put on the sponsor's column is the total money my sponsor will be giving me which is not the same amount.

My expenses is less than the amount my sponsor is giving me.

when I saw your reply, I went to edit my personal expenses to zero, but it refuse to register, it insisted that I put an amount.

In this case what do I do? As I will not be adding any funds because I don't have a pof to show in that regard.

Thank you in anticipation �

You can just put 1.00 GBP there
They'll definitely know it's fully sponsored
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dehiero: 11:46am On Nov 07, 2021
Please house is 2.5m proof of funds sufficient for a two weeks visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mmo1: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Hello house,
My wife did her biometric on the 6th of August 2021. Three months after her biometric she is yet to get her passport back.
She called the ukvi and sent emails, she was told a decision has made.
She has also been to tls and tls said ukvi have not sent her passport back.
Kindly advise us on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello people!
Current Immigration health surcharge for a lone prospective UK new comer planning to study for a one year masters course was calculated to be a whooping 740pounds by the UK gov. site.
Does anybody have any idea as to why it's that high?
Random figures of those with past experiences are highly craved please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:
Hello people!
Current Immigration health surcharge for a lone prospective UK new comer planning to study for a one year masters course was calculated to be a whooping 740pounds by the UK gov. site.
Does anybody have any idea as to why it's that high?
Random figures of those with past experiences are highly craved please!
tht is the cost as the applicant is given extra 4 months on a 1 yr visa .. for which u must also pay ihs

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
dehiero:
Please house is 2.5m proof of funds sufficient for a two weeks visit?
ha. How did u arrive at such? Keep your budget within 2 times of your disposable income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
mmo1:
Hello house,
My wife did her biometric on the 6th of August 2021. Three months after her biometric she is yet to get her passport back.
Maybe contact UKVI again? It's really worrisome to read people's passports being held for months even after a decision has been made.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
harrrry:
Please house, can unvaccinated person do day 2 and day 5 only?
2) Can you recommend a cheap and effective service provider?
Going to Bristol.

The answer to your question is NO. Unvaccinated travelers Must book for Day 2 and Day 8.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bobore12:
Good morning house please I read on here that people said decision has been make on their application please how do I check decision on my application I applied since September 29

if you send paid mail to UKVI asking for your application status, they will reply you if decision has been made or not.

applying since sept 29, you should be with your passport by now going by 15 working days to make decision. if by now you have not received your passport kindly send them email or call ukvi

BR
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
mmo1:
Hello house,

this is scary..... im also in the same shoe, though biometrics done on september 27 , one pasport released and the other one still hanging.

im still looking for a way to call them out on social media

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE

Kenneth417:

You can just put 1.00 GBP there
They'll definitely know it's fully sponsored
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by arasola2000: 11:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good evening everyone.

I applied for a UK visa but even with priority appointment with tls..the appointment is still 2 weeks away.

If i attempt to amend appointment, to check if there are any closer dates, i hope I wouldn't lose the date I have already.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.