Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445340 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ladydelish(f): 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
Thank you so much

ritlala:
I called UK home office when we were in Nigeria, the lady advised we travel with it like and check if his brp has same error, then we can correct the brp instead because the one on passport is just a sticker and has an expiring date. We collected brp and saw same error, we were told to go online and use this link for correction using this link https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card/correct-mistakes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morenikeome: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
Did biometrics on 5th October too and haven't gotten my passport. Which Tls? Have you escalated?
thaIgbochick:
Hey guys good afternoon. Please has anyone who did Biometric on 5th October (standard visa) received their passports back?

I confirmed the decision was made October 15th for my husband (it was granted) but we are yet to receive our passports back

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
thaIgbochick:
Hey guys good afternoon. Please has anyone who did Biometric on 5th October (standard visa) received their passports back?

I confirmed the decision was made October 15th for my husband (it was granted) but we are yet to receive our passports back

I did biometrics 5th of October and decision not yet made..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello fam, please help. Attached is a photo of my concern. Please is this space where I'm supposed to write my self introduction letter or that will be on the cover letter?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beedollas(f): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
guys please is self introduction letter same as cover letter? its urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by thaIgbochick(f): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
I have. I did mine at VI TLS and when I escalated, they sent this mail below

``We kindly inform you despite the fact, that Decision on your visa has been made, UK Visas & Immigration may have not sent it to the Visa Application Centre. Once we receive the information about your application from UK Visas & Immigration department, your TLScontact profile will be updated and you will get an email notification stating that your passport is ready for collection.``

morenikeome:
Did biometrics on 5th October too and haven't gotten my passport. Which Tls? Have you escalated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
Please which option do i pick if i wan to send a paid mail for my visit visa that is more than 22 working days and also what do i send to them so that i know the status of my visa application
Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by payforte(m): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good Evening Everyone, please I need an advice on my application for visiting visa.

My brother placed me on 650 monthly salary as a branch manager , we have runned the account for 6months .
We have included my landed property deeds ,Academic documents,and my daughters birth certificate ,cos am separated .my 1.7million investment documents ,pictures of myself together with my daughter and I have a travel history to Ghana and South Africa …my payslip,bank statement and letter from my investment company confirming my investment worth ..

Please what’s the chances of booking a paid hotel reservation or getting an invitation letter?.. and any other document to add . Please suggestions are highly needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by morenikeome: 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
"Something Else"
samplay9:
Please which option do i pick if i wan to send a paid mail for my visit visa that is more than 22 working days and also what do i send to them so that i know the status of my visa application
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Did my Biometrics on the 30th of September, decision has been made but no passport yet.

bbclue:

I did biometrics 5th of October and decision not yet made..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicki2020: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
Did mine on 23rd of September decision has been made but my passport have been ready for collection till date I paid for priority o
]Did my Biometrics on the 30th of September, decision has been made but no passport yet.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
I’m just here thinking aloud about the essence of paying for 5 days priority and no visa in the 5 days. So unfair ! Is £220 beans .
If they can’t honour the priority then refund their monies and put them on standard.
I just had to rant and ramble a bit

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Priority since the 23rd of September? Now that's just ridiculous. If they haven't attended to those on priority when will they now attend to standard requests?
Has anyone who did Biometrics any time in September (standard) collected their passports?

Vicki2020:
Did mine on 23rd of September decision has been made but my passport have been ready for collection till date I paid for priority o
]Did my Biometrics on the 30th of September, decision has been made but no passport yet.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
A friend did his biometric with his wife at ikeja on the 30th September collection mail came for the husband on the 25th of October (visa issued) collection mail for the wife arrived yesterday 4th of November, passport yet to be picked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
Since a decision has been made and you didn’t get any refusal letter, there is a high chance that you will get your visa.
It usually takes a few days for them to put the visa on the passport.

thaIgbochick:
I have. I did mine at VI TLS and when I escalated, they sent this mail below

``We kindly inform you despite the fact, that Decision on your visa has been made, UK Visas & Immigration may have not sent it to the Visa Application Centre. Once we receive the information about your application from UK Visas & Immigration department, your TLScontact profile will be updated and you will get an email notification stating that your passport is ready for collection.``

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
leilakhadijah:
Priority since the 23rd of September? Now that's just ridiculous. If they haven't attended to those on priority when will they now attend to standard requests?
Has anyone who did Biometrics any time in September (standard) collected their passports?

we did biometrics 27 sept. one passport returned and the dependent own still hanging with thwm ar DMC.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
Do they send refusal mails? Is this now the norm?

DCloveth45:
Since a decision has been made and you didn’t get any refusal letter, there is a high chance that you will get your visa.
It usually takes a few days for them to put the visa on the passport.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aliyahbimbs: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hello. Please I did my biometrics nov 2 (priority) but with the things I’m seeing here about priority I’m scared. I’m late for resumption already. Has anybody who did biometric Nov 2 (priority) gotten any mail?�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aliyahbimbs: 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
leilakhadijah:
Do they send refusal mails? Is this now the norm?

from what I’ve seen on the thread so far, I think that’s the norm now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
Congrats bro. I told you.

mystikal:

You were spot on. Got my visa today via courier. Ecstatic
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by payforte(m): 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
payforte:
Good Evening Everyone, please I need an advice on my application for visiting visa.

My brother placed me on 650 monthly salary as a branch manager , we have runned the account for 6months .
We have included my landed property deeds ,Academic documents,and my daughters birth certificate ,cos am separated .my 1.7million investment documents ,pictures of myself together with my daughter and I have a travel history to Ghana and South Africa …my payslip,bank statement and letter from my investment company confirming my investment worth ..

Please what’s the chances of booking a paid hotel reservation or getting an invitation letter?.. and any other document to add . Please suggestions are highly needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by aloskyyoung: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
With what I am seeing here regarding priority visa not getting response within 5 days

I will be using the ”Keep my passport” package by the VFS for my Standard visa application, what I just want to know is that, What happens when you use the “Keep my passport” for UK VISA and you dont QUICKLY return the passport when requested

Because I guess with this delays, I may be out of country by the time they will request for the passport (that’s if they approve the visa application) but I don’t know if there is time frame they give for someone to return the passport back to them to stamp the visa on it.

Any experience on this?, Will appreciate the response.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 2:33am On Nov 06, 2021
For someone processing a visa for family members (say wife and child), if he books priority for himself and then standard for the wife and child, will the wife and child's applications be treated as priority or his own application will be delayed because the wife and child's own are standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 8:11am On Nov 06, 2021
I'm not sure what's going on but people paying for priority and still waiting to receive a passport pick up mail since September is just not fair. They need to refund the priority fees as it is only fair.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Stanchem029: 8:39am On Nov 06, 2021
Mofojex:
Always process your documents by yourself

Quick way to get a loan of between 50k to 1 million naira within 24hours.
* Open a Polaris bank account with your phone using USSD code.
* Fund the account yourself with N3,500 so that the account can be active.
* Withdraw your N3,500 out of the account immediately.
* Apply for a loan of 50k to 1 million naira
* Receive the loan within 24 hours into your new Polaris bank account.
* You can choose to continue using the Polaris account or not if you like.

I'm not collecting any fee for this. It's completely free. Offer won't last for long so take advantage of this offer if u need instant loan within 24 hours.
Chat me up on WhatsApp if you are interested.
0 9130 90 5025

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:53am On Nov 06, 2021
chima1978:
I'm not sure what's going on but people paying for priority and still waiting to receive a passport pick up mail since September is just not fair. They need to refund the priority fees as it is only fair.
Nigerians will be scared to call them out , they need visa. I have called them out one time I went to submit and the self upload thing wasn’t working then , they made me pay 26k or so at the VAC and we were three.
First, it was stated on their website it’ll be done free since the fault is from them(the thing wasn’t working & I used the screenshot on their website against them) I called them out via emails, from TLS to the high commission, they refunded my money , they told me to go back to fill a form or something.
My mom kept saying I should not call them out o, so they won’t refuse my visa because my visa hadn’t come out , thank God I didn’t listen to her , no one refused me and I got my money back.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2021
Simplest123:
Good morning house,

Pls I need your advise, after filled my UK Visa application and paid for my Visa fees and booked for biometric appointment date, I realized a mistake where they asked in the application form that how much are you personally planning to spend on your UK Visa ?

I don't know that what they mean is total amount of your money that you intend to spend on your visit to the UK. Estimate the amount and include flights, accommodation and everyday expenses.

Actually my disposable income is 220k and my husband wanted to sponsor me with 300k

All my travel budget is 7000k ie my 2 month disposable income is 440k, but I wanted to spend 400k and plus my husband 300k sponsor which he as transferred into my bank account

I put 400k at where they ask how much are you personally planning to spend on your UK instead of 700k ie my 400 disposable + 300k my husband use to sponsor me

Althought I have not go for my biometric and can I put this on a cover letter for correction or can I submit the print out of my application section where that asked the question and write 700k ?

Please advise ..see the attached below

Let me chip in that when I made an error I canceled the application and did the thing again , for tidiness sake. If you have to strength to begin all over it’s okay .
If you know anyone that has made an error and corrected it via cover letter and it worked then go for it.
Just follow your heart.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mustyy: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2021
I applied for a Standard Visitor Visa on 16th September, received my refusal letter on 22nd October and 26th October a collection mail

Please I need clarification on serious, the tls centre can hold the passport for only 28 days, what will happen if you go weeks after the 28 days, will you loose it.

Please advise i am worried now, because I cannot make up to that 28 days period to come and take your passport.

Please advise. Anyone with similar issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2021
I sent a paid mail after my tourisy visa application exceeded more than 21 working days and no decision or collection mail, they responded with this mail on the photo, i want to reply but i do not understand what they mean by iHS Number, what does that mean and were am i getting that please

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.