Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444466 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
approvalgirl:
Prophetess please come and speak for the week oooooo

My 40 days is tomorrow...... tension
Tomorrow no go pass you by
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
I just read someone’s refusal now and this refusal was sent 39 working days post biometrics, that’s not even fair to begin with. Why keep the person’s application for that long to slam the person refusal letter.
I dey vex

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
Did they send a mail for the refusal?
Debbieeeeeee:
I just read someone’s refusal now and this refusal was sent 39 working days post biometrics, that’s not even fair to begin with. Why keep the person’s application for that long to slam the person refusal letter.
I dey vex
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by larade16(f): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ogidigan1:
I paid for PRIORITY application.

I did biometrics on the 17th Nov.

Application was received at DMC on the 18th Nov.

Tomorrow (29th Nov) will make it 8 WDs since my application was received at DMC.

I thought Priority application normally takes 5 WDs. Do these people think GBP 220 is cray fish? I even paid for self, wifey and child; that's GBP 660 (almost 370k).

Meanwhile, is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Please, is this your first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
I heard it’s not advisable for first time applicants to use priority. If you’re a first time applicant, just join me and drink Coke while we wait for our 40 working days

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
viktoh12:
Did they send a mail for the refusal?
Yes they sent an email after 39 working days! Why did they wait for 39 working days to communicate, na wa o. Wahala for green passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
That’s so sad
Debbieeeeeee:

Yes they sent an email after 39 working days! Why did they wait for 39 working days to communicate, na wa o. Wahala for green passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by approvalgirl: 2:48am On Nov 29, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Tomorrow no go pass you by

Amen ooo

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ogidigan1: 6:04am On Nov 29, 2021
Yes, it is

larade16:
Please, is this your first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by larade16(f): 6:52am On Nov 29, 2021
Ogidigan1:
Yes, it is

Oh, ok...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fehintolajones: 7:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Its not unusual

Priority takes 6 to 10 working days on a normal day, with all this delays, it might be a little longer.

You should get a response this week I belive.

Ogidigan1:
I paid for PRIORITY application.

I did biometrics on the 17th Nov.

Application was received at DMC on the 18th Nov.

Tomorrow (29th Nov) will make it 8 WDs since my application was received at DMC.

I thought Priority application normally takes 5 WDs. Do these people think GBP 220 is cray fish? I even paid for self, wifey and child; that's GBP 660 (almost 370k).

Meanwhile, is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2021
Fehintolajones:
Its not unusual

Priority takes 6 to 10 working days on a normal day, with all this delays, it might be a little longer.

You should get a response this week I belive.

10 working days better pass 40 working days grin morning everyone . This week Uk embassy will rush us with our passports & visas in it.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by approvalgirl: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

10 working days better pass 40 working days grin morning everyone . This week Uk embassy will rush us with our passports & visas in it.

Amen ooo

I received it....since today is 40WD, I will be the first to post my approval here this week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2021
Amen prophetess have spoken
Debbieeeeeee:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 9:28am On Nov 29, 2021
Please if you do self service, what do you need to go with to TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2021
Your passport
Copy of your passport biodata page and checklist
Printed copy of your appointment email.

Nnemomatina:
Please if you do self service, what do you need to go with to TLS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abekebaby: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Amen ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Additivesupplie: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello house

A friend is due to fly to Nigeria tomorrow, but while filling the form now he said he got stucked where to choose a lab for his day 2 test, no option to choose lab and payment option is not also showing....
What can he do, will he be allowed to fly without the QR arrival code?
It's urgent my people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Schools with affordable tuition for masters in computer science (or related fields). Ideas are highly sought after, please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
I'm afraid that the UK might delay issuance of visas due to this new omicron Covid-19 variant. Countries are already reacting and there are 2 cases from Nigeria sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
approvalgirl:

Amen ooo

I received it....since today is 40WD, I will be the first to post my approval here this week

Any update? Have you received the collection mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by edictor2000: 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I got a none straightforward email. Is there anyone in my shoes?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
edictor2000:
Hello everyone,

I got a none straightforward email. Is there anyone in my shoes?

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Lol welcome to the waiting period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by edictor2000: 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
This is a serious thing oooo... Am so sad now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by yolkman20: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good evening everyone,

I am confused. UOW has firmly confirmed payment and we've heard nothing from them. Today makes it the 4th day. We are expecting a mail instructing us to request for CAS, but we've not seen anything. We also see something like doing visa check tasks before requesting for cas. How do we go about this? Help pls as time no dey again..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hycon(m): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Is it true one has to quarantine for 10 days after entering the UK?
Do we have to add those days to the total number of days the person will spend in the UK?

Also, I think the expense/budget will go up because of the stay at the hotel for the first 10 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
I think there’s a UK students thread where people will answer this properly.
yolkman20:
Good evening everyone,

I am confused. UOW has firmly confirmed payment and we've heard nothing from them. Today makes it the 4th day. We are expecting a mail instructing us to request for CAS, but we've not seen anything. We also see something like doing visa check tasks before requesting for cas. How do we go about this? Help pls as time no dey again..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
If you’re vaccinated it’s only 2 days quarantine.
Hycon:
Is it true one has to quarantine for 10 days after entering the UK?
Do we have to add those days to the total number of days the person will spend in the UK?

Also, I think the expense/budget will go up because of the stay at the hotel for the first 10 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by approvalgirl: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
gistbite:

Any update? Have you received the collection mail?

Yes..

UK mail and TLS collection mail drop now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Additivesupplie: 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello house.

A friend is due to fly to Nigeria tomorrow, but while filling the form now he said he got stucked where to choose a lab for his day 2 test, no option to choose lab and payment option is not also showing....
What can he do, will he be allowed to fly without the QR arrival code?
It's urgent my people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lincolnint: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
Today is 40wd no collection mail, whats the next step, am tired, thinking of cancelling the application.

approvalgirl:

Yes..

TLS collection mail drop now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
approvalgirl:

Yes..

TLS collection mail drop now
At last o

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.