Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442800 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:23am On Jan 14, 2022
Nnemomatina:
post=109336953]Hello all, I applied for visiting visa for my mom since November 30. I want to send a paid mail on her behalf. How do I fill in the details.. should I use her details when answering the questions both billing address... I'm in the UK and I'm the one inviting her

Use ur mom house address, city, zipcode 23401, Nigeria .

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mikhaa23: 2:09am On Jan 14, 2022
Hi everyone. I'm new here, please I have a question to ask
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 5:25am On Jan 14, 2022
crossbonehelped:
Hello house.
Need help and advice as I'm in a dilemma.
I intend to write my plab exam in the UK in the first week of July but would want to apply sometimes in the second week in March.
I understand that one can't apply earlier than 3 months but intend to state in my application that I'll be entering the UK a month before my PLAB 2 exam with a leave letter from work so I can prepare for the exam and read.
Will I be able to apply in March if I state that I'll be traveling in June and when can one enter the UK if the visa is granted.
A friend said they usually put the entry date to be about a week to the time one intends to travel to the UK cos I I tend to travel sometimes around May 25

Good day

To my mind, you are actually in control of things,

In agreement with your understanding, Yes you can not apply for a UK visa 3 months earlier than your intended arrival to the UK.
You stated you want to "prepare and read" does that mean/do you intend enrolling for an in-person prep course in the UK? That is permissible with a visitor visa(6 months or a UKVI plab 2 visas), these courses usually run for 3-16 days or more, and if you decide to go for 16 days or more for a prep course, that would take chunk of your 1 month intended stay, which is not too bad of a plan for success as relating to your career; they cost about less than 700 pounds and possibly, you could get lesser quotation. Though, this prep courses are available abroad, i have no idea of it's availability in Dubai, so you may want to search for one that suits you and include with your application if you had not thought so as this could help further support your claim why you intend an earlier arrival as to the 1 day exam. [b]This would have been my approach, and there could be better one out there.[/b]

You can enter the UK only and from date of validity of your visa, i.e regardless of what intended arrival date you had filed during your application, if your visa is valid for an earlier date, you can enter the UK. Sometimes visas issued are valid a week before an intended arrival date, sometimes valid from date as stated during application, not ruling out post arrival date if there was a delay in a decision of your application. Also, note, that at the POE, it is the border's staff(s) absolute discretion, to grant an entry or not.

You must think through cost of things as applicable to you, and get your visa application done with asap, so you can fully focus on your preps.

All best wishes in your preps and career journey
Regards.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Phummieawe: 8:14am On Jan 14, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I need help

I got a job and in the UK and we applied for visas together as a family and captured on 13th Dec, we got our collection mail on 31st December just me and my husband, after picking up our passports on 4th Jan 2022 I got a non straightforward email for my daughter's application. They did not state why or ask for additional documents. I have called them and sent paid mails, they just respond that it is under consideration. Please what can I do and my start date is 17th January though I have extended for a week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Afroguee: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2022
Good day everyone. Thanks for all the info on here. I have a small issue please.
I was raised by my mom parents so any paper work has their names on it. A few years ago my aunt sent me an an invitation letter to apply for a u.k visiting visa to go see my mom. In my application it states my mother's name as my mother ( when asked if I have any family members in the U.k) and the space for father was unknown cuz I have never met him. My mother's name is not on my birth certificate. Now I want to do a new birth certificate cuz the last one is lost and I'm applying for a study visa soon. What do I do cuz I was rejected then and they will go through it. Do I still Carry on with my grandparents name that was used to register my passport Or do I put my actual mother's name on my new birth certificate Incase they go through my old visa application. Please help. I'm confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 9:56am On Jan 14, 2022
Afroguee:
Good day everyone. Thanks for all the info on here. I have a small issue please.
I was raised by my mom parents so any paper work has their names on it. A few years ago my aunt sent me an an invitation letter to apply for a u.k visiting visa to go see my mom. In my application it states my mother's name as my mother ( when asked if I have any family members in the U.k) and the space for father was unknown cuz I have never met him. My mother's name is not on my birth certificate. Now I want to do a new birth certificate cuz the last one is lost and I'm applying for a study visa soon. What do I do cuz I was rejected then and they will go through it. Do I still Carry on with my grandparents name that was used to register my passport Or do I put my actual mother's name on my new birth certificate Incase they go through my old visa application. Please help. I'm confused.

I will say you should carry on using the name on your passport jejely and also your birthcert don't change anything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:05am On Jan 14, 2022
Afroguee:
pls dnt change the basic info you filled to the uk govt at any time for a visa. Go and find the former application form and use similar information pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Afroguee: 10:21am On Jan 14, 2022
[Okay thanks. But when I'm applying now and they ask if I have any family members In the u.k. and I put my mom's name, what would I write as the relationship Do I write mother since that's what I put in my old visa application??
Because her name is not registered on my birth certificate or passport as my mother. That's the problem

quote author=giselle237 post=109357786] pls dnt change the basic info you filled to the uk govt at any time for a visa. Go and find the former application form and use similar information pls[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sulee23(f): 10:43am On Jan 14, 2022
Hello. Good morning. Please I just sent you a Dm. It should be through to your email. Thank you

Schoolhike:
Hello my good people, I would like to enquirer about my mother Inlaw visa application as a visitor.
Your inputs are highly welcome please as I need guide and advice.

….My pregnant wife arrived in the Uk on a Student Visa on Oct 16th, she has gotten her BRP,

… she’s would to deliver her baby by next month, so she wants to invite her mum on a 6 month visa to her take care of the baby so as to not affect her studies.

… her mum is a state government pickoff school teacher with over 25 years in service and her dad is a federal government polytechnic senior lecturer.

My question goes as follows….

1. Does this her reason for applying for visitor visa guarantee her to be granted visa?? If not, what other info can I provide ??

2. How long and how much does she require as proof of fund, and must it be in her account or someone else account??

3. Kindly help with other info please require please, I just got to know about this thread and it’s somehow long to read from beginning as there is no much time to delay again please.

NB: her mums name and Dad’s name is included as parents name when she was applying for Visa as a student.

Ps : we leave in a 2bed apartment, incase the ask for evidence of where she’s going to stay

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DUPSYSPARKLE: 11:40am On Jan 14, 2022
So I mailed UkVi as advised I got a response that a decision had been made on my application and TLS would contact me when my passport is ready for pick up. I emailed back saying the passport was with me already as I had requested it when Nigeria was added to the red list. They closed my case without any further response and said I should pay again and open an new case.

My question is who is to mail me to submit the passport TLS or UKVI, not sure what to do.

Brenda37:
Hello Dupsysparkle.. Thankyou, really do Appreciate.
Yours is next in line. As regards your question, I feel you shld get intouch with UKVI via paid mail or call them midnight and ask them what you need to do as per when to return the passport. They will def give you the best advice in that regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hello Dupsy.... Congratulations on your Visa. You will need to visit TLS and submit your passport. They will send it down to the British High Commisision for stamping and return back to you. They will also let you know when to come pick up via text & mail.
Congratulations in advance dear
DUPSYSPARKLE:
So I mailed UkVi as advised I got a response that a decision had been made on my application and TLS would contact me when my passport is ready for pick up. I emailed back saying the passport was with me already as I had requested it when Nigeria was added to the red list. They closed my case without any further response and said I should pay again and open an new case.

My question is who is to mail me to submit the passport TLS or UKVI, not sure what to do.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nnemomatina: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Use ur mom house address, city, zipcode 23401, Nigeria .

Good luck

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
Afroguee:

Good day Afroguee,

You shouldn't be confused, you says you intend getting a new birth cert-reasons "lost of previous BC". And your question/doubt is, should the new birth cert. have grand parents details or your biological mom?

Either is a very much possible scenario,

If your new BC and documents would still bear previous details, you have not much to worry about, other than get a police report or affidavit that would support your claims of lost BC and to champion reason for new documents..
If you intend to have your biological mum's details, It is still within you legal right as you are now possible of legal age and may have unearthed your bloodline better. But in doing this, you would need a police report for lost of previous documents, affidavit or court documents for change of name and reason as well as may prop it up a bit with a newspaper publication for change of details. Also your mum may also need to provide whatever documents at her disposal to show that she is your biological mom to solidify, mom-daughter relationship and or, you may want speak to a legal adviser on how best you go about that am sure won't cost you a fortune.

Therefore, If you go for the 2nd option, it is only wise you have your details changed in your future applications as with your present circumstances, that is why the application form is filled for each individual visa request an applicant makes to give room for amends where necessary and as applicable. People change name, declare their age, add a title, that alone should not earn you a refusal, unless and unless where you are not able to support your claims of current status as to previous that it gets wild. And IF you stick with your days of little beginning, then in your future applications you leave your bio as they were..

Wish you a successful studies and reuniting with your mum..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olawales93(m): 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
Submitted application: Nov 15th
Biometrics: Dec 2nd, Ikeja
Paid for Courier Return: Dec. 6th
Travel Documents Ready for Collection: 6th & 7th Jan
Received our passports from DHL: 13th & 14th Jan
6months visa approved.
Mine: Second attempt after refusal March 2020
Wife: First Attempt.

Thank you everyone, as the thread was really helpful in preparing our applications.

Olawales93:
Hi Everyone,
I did my biometrics on Dec 2nd at Ikeja with my wife.
I just got a mail from TLS that my passport is ready for collection, though I paid for courier days after the biometric.

How do I know if the visa application was approved? Or would I have to wait till receiving the passport to ascertain that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2022
Olawales93:
6months visa approved.

Thank you everyone, as the thread was really helpful in preparing our applications.

Congratulations olawales
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
Olawales93:
6months visa approved.

Congratulations. How were you able to pay for courier after biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations!!!!
Olawales93:
6months visa approved.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations 2 you & your wife... I Celebrate with you & your wife. We go pop Champagne.
Olawales93:
6months visa approved.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
: Nov 15th
6months visa approved.
Wife: First Attempt
Congratulations

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
Congrats to everyone that's gotten positive responses, I pray God will remember us too. When oct 27 received collection email some days ago, i doubled up my hope cos mine is oct 29. Now I don't know what's happening again oo.
Pls my people I have this to share with you , cos this afternoon a lot has gone thru my mind .
In the application i submitted, i made some changes. I added a middle name to my new passport so it can tally with the names on my NIN , which was not on my old passports that carry my expired 6 months and 2 years uk visas. I also told them about an additional source of income .
Note: I provided affidavit for the added middle name.

I was just thinking this afternoon that the delay could
be as a result of these changes. Perhaps they're trying to verify the changes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Afroguee: 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
Thank you,
Appreciate it!!
leef2022:

Good day Afroguee,

You shouldn't be confused, you says you intend getting a new birth cert-reasons "lost of previous BC". And your question/doubt is, should the new birth cert. have grand parents details or your biological mom?

Either is a very much possible scenario,

If your new BC and documents would still bear previous details, you have not much to worry about, other than get a police report or affidavit that would support your claims of lost BC and to champion reason for new documents..
If you intend to have your biological mum's details, It is still within you legal right as you are now possible of legal age and may have unearthed your bloodline better. But in doing this, you would need a police report for lost of previous documents, affidavit or court documents for change of name and reason as well as may prop it up a bit with a newspaper publication for change of details. Also your mum may also need to provide whatever documents at her disposal to show that she is your biological mom to solidify, mom-daughter relationship and or, you may want speak to a legal adviser on how best you go about that am sure won't cost you a fortune.

Therefore, If you go for the 2nd option, it is only wise you have your details changed in your future applications as with your present circumstances, that is why the application form is filled for each individual visa request an applicant makes to give room for amends where necessary and as applicable. People change name, declare their age, add a title, that alone should not earn you a refusal, unless and unless where you are not able to support your claims of current status as to previous that it gets wild. And IF you stick with your days of little beginning, then in your future applications you leave your bio as they were..

Wish you a successful studies and reuniting with your mum..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
Sus4:
Congrats to everyone that's gotten positive responses, I pray God will remember us too. When oct 27 received collection email some days ago, i doubled up my hope cos mine is oct 29. Now I don't know what's happening again oo.
Pls my people I have this to share with you , cos this afternoon a lot has gone thru my mind .
In the application i submitted, i made some changes. I added a middle name to my new passport so it can tally with the names on my NIN , which was not on my old passports that carry my expired 6 months and 2 years uk visas. I also told them about an additional source of income .

Hello Sus4,

You should be fine, have you sent them paid mail? If yes, ring them if time given for wait after escalation has elapsed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
Don't think negatively sus4,God is under control is not only you counting days ok relax and chill

Sus4:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Benicetome: 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Don't think negatively sus4,God is under control is not only you counting days ok relax and chill

Yes o, lets be positive, my mum did her biometrics on the 25th of October at Ikeja and no response yet. sent paid emails, they keep saying awaiting decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olawales93(m): 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
You can use this form on the TLS website to reach out to them about the need to pay for Courier services. Just fill all the required information and you’ll get an email response from the team, say 1 or 2 days after with the TLS account number to pay into and accompanying instructions.

https://pos.tlscontact.com/los_en/contact-form?type=services

royalmu:
Congratulations. How were you able to pay for courier after biometrics?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
Olawales93:
You can use this form on the TLS website to reach out to them about the need to pay for Courier services. Just fill all the required information and you’ll get an email response from the team, say 1 or 2 days after with the TLS account number to pay into and accompanying instructions.

https://pos.tlscontact.com/los_en/contact-form?type=services

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
After taking the holidays into consideration it’s now 25WD since my sister did her biometrics (December 3rd) but still waiting

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jman06(m): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2022
Following...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2022
So sorry. My husband's took exactly 57 WD (12 calendar weeks).
Biometrics- Wed 20 Oct 2021
Collection email- Wed 12 Jan 2022

Be patient....We have so many people here who are still waiting despite completing their biometrics in October and even September.

Ashirioluwa:
After taking the holidays into consideration it’s now 25WD since my sister did her biometrics (December 3rd) but still waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2022
You'll be fine, hun. You have done the ground work. They understand name changes.

Sus4:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
leef2022:

Hello Sus4,

You should be fine, have you sent them paid mail? If yes, ring them if time given for wait after escalation has elapsed.

Thanks @leef2022 , I sent last week Thursday and another one yesterday. Glory be to God I just received an email from them now! now! saying decision has been made on my application. ��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
AmeliaT:
You'll be fine, hun. You have done the ground work. They understand name changes.

Thanks @Amella i just got a mail that decision has been made, hallelujah �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.