Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1449434 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dichimma:
Good day house,
This is the message I got for NSF, during application, I submitted my some pictures, marriage certificate for our marriage evidence. Please, what again do they want us to submit, please help

This was what they sent : please provide further evidence of your relationship to the main applicant as you have only submitted a marriage certificate dated 10/07/2021. The fact you have demonstrated your marriage took place doesn't act as independent corroboration you are in an ongoing, subsisting relationship.

Hello Dichimma,

A NSF is kind off good thing, in the sense that you have strongly been considered issuance of the visa you applied for, but, the eco(s) need more convincing reasons from you to go ahead with the issuance. Hence, please proceed with provision of any/more evidences you have at your disposal to support your application.

Best wishes!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
nameundisclosed:
Hello, can someone help me with the process? I'm trying to book an appointment for my mum. How will she go about biometrics? I don't understand what to do. Please help

Hello,
Please, what in specific are you lacking understanding on about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
beautyuche:
Hi Guys I got refused Friday last week. How long should i wait to reapply

You can re-apply at anytime you still need a valid visa for the purpose(s) of your visit to the UK, i.e not earlier than 3 months to your intended arrival date to the UK. Also ensure that doubts or reasons for recent refusal are sorted by you.

All the best
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 7031646386(m): 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
cutebear:
There are so many points to address in this refusal letter. I'll come back to it once I close from work

Thanks Cutebear as I await your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Thank you! Amen!!

Benicetome:

Congratulations Dinoforyou00, we pray that those expecting their collection mail would receive positive response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 7031646386(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
7031646386:
I also just got denied. I did my biometric on the 3rd of November.
Pls kindly check the refusal letter for any candid advice/ resolutions and how soon should I reapply.

Any other response would be entertained as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by virgoago4: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hello All, I am new here. I have just been observing, reading and learning. Please how do I go about my situation.

I applied for a visitors visa to the UK, biometrics done 5th November. I got a NSF email a week later but they didn't ask for further documents. I am yet to get a reply from them. Fortunately in December I got an international job in the Caribbean and I accepted the offer and I have even gotten a clearance into the Caribbean. What is holding my trip is that I need a transit visa, either thru Europe, UK, US or Canada.

Now do I contact the UK embassy about my visitors application and also informing them of this new development?
Should I ask for my passport from the UK and apply for a transit via Europe? ( which I might get in about 5WD)
Any advice will be valuable. Thanks

PS
I was denied UK visa twice in 2010 as a student.
Though had travelled multiple times to Europe in from 2017 to 2019. This includes holidays and official trips.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Since the wedding is for 1 day, 3 days max for traditional wedding, pre wedding dinner and then wedding day. You would usually stay for 7-14 days. Eventually, you can stay longer if need be but on the form, try not to go above 14 days.

Oneguy03:
Thanks for this detailed response. The circumstance however is that the application is based on an invitation for a wedding. Does this make any difference on these things I need to consider?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
virgoago4:
Hello All, I am new here. I have just been observing, reading and learning. Please how do I go about my situation.

I applied for a visitors visa to the UK, biometrics done 5th November. I got a NSF email a week later but they didn't ask for further documents. I am yet to get a reply from them. Fortunately in December I got an international job in the Caribbean and I accepted the offer and I have even gotten a clearance into the Caribbean. What is holding my trip is that I need a transit visa, either thru Europe, UK, US or Canada.

Now do I contact the UK embassy about my visitors application and also informing them of this new development?
Should I ask for my passport from the UK and apply for a transit via Europe? ( which I might get in about 5WD)
Any advice will be valuable. Thanks
[b][/b]

PS
Though had travelled multiple times to Europe in from 2017 to 2019. This includes holidays and official trips.

Hello,
You would do absolutely no wrong in taking such actions. Bottom line is you are in need of your traveling documents and normal time for processing your application has elapsed. You chose to tell them or not about your new job is yours to decide. But ensure you write.

Wish you a favourable outcome and happy career in the Islands.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
So sorry but there are so many points and loopholes. I will try to address a few. I’m sure @cutebear and others will also chime in.

1. 23 days and #650 don’t go together. Remembers Daily means of substinence. Something we ignore is that a lot of European countries have an amount they expect the average genuine tourist to spend per day based on the country of visit's standard of living- This includes accommodation, food, transport, and basic entertainment.
The flight alone is at least #600 which has consumed your entire claimed budget for 23 days.
Food- At least 20 per day which is 460
Transport- 15 a day which is 345.
Entertainment- 20 a day which is 460
Shopping- Dependent on your earnings but at least 400
This brings it to a total of about 2,200 for a 23-day visit and this is excluding accommodation as I assume you must have a friend to stay with. Add accommodation and that goes to 50 per day.
So, your budget showed minimal planning and preparation. Any genuine visitor will have plans to go out, explore, spend money, sight see and have fun.

2 The information about USA interview, birthday in the USA, pregnancy is TMI! Too much information and very unnecessary and shot you in the foot.

3 23 days is a long time to claim to go on holiday especially with no itinerary and very little funds. Try not to claim more than 14 days; you can eventually spend more time.

4 To prove business profitability, you should have included the 6-month bank statement as that is the only proof they recognize; not just receipts which can be doctored. Use your company letter head for the cover letter and ensure your digital footprint is up to date and included on the letter head.

5 The total income you claim to have is
1.1m from your job
2m from your business
151k from the pension
Bringing it to a total of 3.25m and you had more than double that in your account which doesn’t seem realistic based on what you claim to be your earnings.

Next steps
Open a business account for your organization.
Pay yourself a salary every month of about 200k based on the business income you claim.
This will take your monthly income to about 300k. You can save 200k each month and within 12 months, this would have accumulated to 2.4m and then you can reapply with a clean statement and apply for a stay of just 7-14 days.

7031646386:
Pls kindly check the refusal letter for any candid advice/ resolutions and how soon should I reapply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
Just to say… forgive me in advance.
shopping is not a requirement, neither is paid entertainment as you are allowed to seek free tourist activities.. these 2 are not mandatory to include in your bill.
Transport can be way less. Tourists even enjoy walking. So again that’s not mandatory. Except one wants to splurge.. even bus day ticket should be less than 5 pounds. They are not even after whatever you chime to spend daily as we have seen lesser budgets scale through… . Just put in a realistic budget. And also let your true ‘tourist’ intentions show. If you are true, it will show.
My problm is the USA thing poster was bringing up. You do not have a valid US visa so how does a us visa interview for attending a birthday serve as strong tie to Nigeria? na der I loss..
Sorry
Also how did you get a balance of 7million when ur salary is 93k. Eco says he understands u claim to also be self employed earning abt 2m a year thats 166k monthly… overall it does not add up.

Then 23 days for a holiday is long accrding to this ECO plus u did not detail what u will be doing there for suvh a long time— as per there was no submitted travel itinerary.
In my opinion.. your profile seemed fishy from state govt employment to pensions to self employmnt. They also cnt ascertain that this business is forreal.

Somewhere again… 7 million account balance. Hmmm…

Then you threw in the story of goin to USA for a birthday after ur trip to the UK.. and then later on your wedding will be comin up and also your spouse is heavily pregnant…. Yay in all these things you want to go to USA for birthday and go to uk for 3 wks plus. It was a lot. I guess u were trying to show home ties however visa interview is not… ECO feels so many things going on and all fishyyyyyy. I personally think the refusal letter was very explanatory!

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hello everyone, I hope those still awaiting decisions will get theirs as soon as possible.
I applied for a 6 month visiting visa and was approved. Please I want to ask, what is the next thing for me to do before booking flight. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Thank you! From 12 January

Please if I may ask did you fill in Jan or DEC as the date you want to enter UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
December. It doesn’t matter if your travel dates has passed without response from them, it won’t affect your decision

tushqueen:

Please if I may ask did you fill in Jan or DEC as the date you want to enter UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by headhoncho(m): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
Share food and refreshments at the embassy in V.I to show your gratitude grin grin
Dinoforyou00:
Hello everyone, I hope those still awaiting decisions will get theirs as soon as possible.
I applied for a 6 month visiting visa and was approved. Please I want to ask, what is the next thing for me to do before booking flight. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
Lol dhl delivered my passport already

headhoncho:
Share food and refreshments at the embassy in V.I to show your gratitude grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Josy18ng: 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
Pls how much is UK visa fee ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
check www.gov.uk for the travel guidelines if you are fully vaccinated or unvaccinated. Then follow d instructions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
touyin:

Just sponsorship letter and work id and for the unexplained deposits that should my cooperative account in the office and also monthly bonus on my salary account. i should have attached letter from the cooperative society . How do i present monthly bonus cos its not written on the payslip
why just sponsorship letter with no sponsor’s account statement or proof of how the sponsor wants to fund your trip? Your acct statement with multiple credits and no proof of origin is a no no. This has been said multiple times here. ECO sees this as ur way of falsely trying to beef up account to get visa. If you have monthly bonuses paid that do not reflect on your payslip, get an official letter from ur place of work. This letter should state categorically your renumerations.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Josy18ng: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Pls how much is UK visiting visa fee ?? Urgent response NEEDED
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2022
Josy18ng:
Pls how much is UK visiting visa fee ?? Urgent response NEEDED
$133 for 6 months visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
tosino0000:
I just got a refusal letter. Their judgment was based on my salary account(This was attached to prove that I earn in $$ because my savings was in Naira and it does not reflect my salary) Please note that I attached my savings account too which has about 4.5M and I wrote a letter to explain this
i downloaded you refusal letter. Did you attach the savings account of 4.5million as visa officer only mentioned the dollar account with 800 dollars which according to them is too small? Pls answer this question as it will decide the next step.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dichimma:
Good day house,
This is the message I got for NSF, during application, I submitted my some pictures, marriage certificate for our marriage evidence. Please, what again do they want us to submit, please help

This was what they sent : please provide further evidence of your relationship to the main applicant as you have only submitted a marriage certificate dated 10/07/2021. The fact you have demonstrated your marriage took place doesn't act as independent corroboration you are in an ongoing, subsisting relationship.
proof that the relationship os genuine. Submit pictures during dating, the wedding and after the wedding, chats, emails, call logs, whatsapp, joint bills, monthly allowance credits from one party to the other, signed statements from family members attesting to the genuinety of the relationship etc the list is inexhaustible

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Thank you! I canceled on Thursday, last week. But visa has been stamped since Wednesday, last week
you cant cancel application after biometrics through the email link. It does not work. The o ly way to end the application after biometrics is to send withdrawal notification. And then the withdrawal application will be acknowledged back to u in writing, application will be discontinued and fee WILL NOT be refunded.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
nameundisclosed:
Hello everyone. My sister is a citizen, and she's got a family of her own over there, in the UK. Is there any way she can invite our parents, for permanent residency?
very difficult. One has to prove that the said parents are fully emotionally, financially and/or physically dependent on your sister and can not survive in their home country without your sister. Feel free to read up. in 2012 the immigration rules changed significantly to make it more difficult. These are the current rules:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult-dependent-relative

However never say never. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
7031646386:

Hello Chairman,

To put it short and simple you submitted at application at the wrongest time, further, you made things worse, with all and undue family entanglement(s)- expectant partner, bachelor-to be wedded soon. [/b]

I quote in the ECO words..... [b]"heavily pregnant"
[b][/b] from my calculation of things and what that phrase could mean medically is that Ms. is not far from a possible due date.......

To show bit of guy man reasoning with you, unless and unless Ms. had secured a visa already and intended making a trip to the UK, and as such you want to join her to be there to welcome your baby together. Otherwise;

I can not in any sense of humane understanding, grasp why you intend to leave for the UK, leaving Ms. complete a journey you both started together, afterwards japa to the States.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Afroguee:
Good day everyone!!
My sponsors lives in the U.S. is it possible for them to pay my school fees in dollars straight to the school rather than send the money to me in Nigeria?
Will confirmation be faster?
Also do I need to prove that the fees came from my account when applying for visa ?
Thanks.
per your first question your fees can be paid anywhere in the world. Just make sure to use your details eg enrolment or student num so it gets captured. They can pay your fees and then you decide how to show your funds for maintenance. Remember to read the guidelines for maintenance funds of 9 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
virgoago4:

PS
list the European travel history pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by abdulhaphiz(m): 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hi friends. MY SISTER DID HER BIOMETRIC AT IKEJA TLS LAST WEEK. SHE
LATER FOUND OUT SHE uploaded NMC CBT PRINT OUT WITHOUT HER NAME AND CANDIDATE NUMBER APPEARING ON IT. WILL THIS AFFECT HER APPLICATION IN ANY WAY? THANKS. SHE APPLIED FOR HEALTH AND CARE WORKER VISA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
abdulhaphiz:
Hi friends. MY SISTER DID HER BIOMETRIC AT IKEJA TLS LAST WEEK. SHE
LATER FOUND OUT SHE uploaded NMC CBT PRINT OUT WITHOUT HER NAME AND CANDIDATE NUMBER APPEARING ON IT. WILL THIS AFFECT HER APPLICATION IN ANY WAY? THANKS. SHE APPLIED FOR HEALTH AND CARE WORKER VISA
the rest of her details are okay on the COS? it’s a 50-50 thing. Hopefully they would contact her if they need proof that she is qualified to undertake such job role as she submitted incomplete NMC details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by abdulhaphiz(m): 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
Thanks. The rest of the details is complete on the COS. Just the CBT result
giselle237:
the rest of her details are okay on the COS? it’s a 50-50 thing. Hopefully they would contact her if they need proof that she is qualified to undertake such job role as she submitted incomplete NMC details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.