Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439258 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by virgoago4: 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello All, i contacted the embassy for my visa application and this was their response. My biometrics was done 5th November. Please what does it mean(my applicatiin closed).

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

I can confirm your visa application (xxxxx) is showing as closed.

You can only use the UK visa for the purpose it serves.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
virgoago4:
Hello All, i contacted the embassy for my visa application and this was their response. My biometrics was done 5th November. Please what does it mean(my applicatiin closed).

I think you should check with the VAC where you did biometrics. They should have your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
virgoago4:

Sorry if I may ask? What purpose do you applied for to do in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
DUPSYSPARKLE:

Hello,

Thank you all for all the advice on this platform God bless you all.

I submitted my passport back to TLS on Friday Got collection mail today.

Visa issued for myself and Family Members
Biometric Date: Nov 15th

It could only be God, I was a bit worried but God came through.

I pray more Good news for everyone waiting IJN

Amen

Congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by virgoago4: 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Sorry if I may ask? What purpose do you applied for to do in the UK?

Visitors visa. But i now had a job that requires a transit visa. So i also asked if i can use the visitors visa if given as a transit and that was the reply... shocked tjho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
My husband did on the 20th of October 2021 in VI. He received it 12 weeks later on the 12th of January 2022.

Osondubueze:
Please anyone who did biometric for UK Visiting Visa at Victoria Island during the month of October?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
Congratulations dupsy

DUPSYSPARKLE:

Hello,

Thank you all for all the advice on this platform God bless you all.

I submitted my passport back to TLS on Friday Got collection mail today.

Visa issued for myself and Family Members
Biometric Date: Nov 15th

It could only be God, I was a bit worried but God came through.

I pray more Good news for everyone waiting IJN

Amen

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
virgoago4:

Visitors visa. But i now had a job that requires a transit visa. So i also asked if i can use the visitors visa if given as a transit and that was the reply... shocked tjho

Hmmmmm I think is because you mentioned if you can used it as a transit that is why they closed it and reply you can only used the UK visa for the purpose it serves.

When do you asked them if you can used the visitor visa if given as a transit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good day everyone,

I just got a mail response from UKVI,
Pls what does this mean..? Does that mean I have to leave the UK after 6 months..? I applied for a dependent Visa and my hubby course ends in May 2022 tho he still has the right to stay till Oct 2022 as stated on his BRP card
Anyone person who has an idea pls.

Pls help out.

MAIL ATTACHED BELOW

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good afternoon house, My uk visiting visa refusal was as a result of my business name being inactive on CAC business registration portal , as I have not filed any anual return for 14 years.
Considering the cost implications of reactivating my current business name , I would like to register a new company with a different name for my next visa application, please will it go well ? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
AmeliaT:
My husband did on the 20th of October 2021 in VI. He received it 12 weeks later on the 12th of January 2022.

Ok
I did mine on 25th of October at VI also and just left there this morning and they said my passport isn't ready for collection cos they haven't received it.
What should I do cos am tired of the wait.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
DhammiBB:
Good day everyone,I just got a mail response from UKVI,
Pls what does this mean..? Does that mean I have to leave the UK after 6 months..? I applied for a dependent Visa and my hubby course ends in May 2022 tho he still has the right to stay till Oct 2022 as stated on his BRP card
Anyone person who has an idea pls. MAIL ATTACHED BELOW
they said the whole duration is on your vignette. Check what was put on your passport. Date what to what pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
This is a gamble seeing that UKVI already has your previous business information. It may look dubious if they decide to do a little bit of digging.
Insights from other group members are welcome.
Sus4:
Good afternoon house, My uk visiting visa refusal was as a result of my business name being inactive on CAC business registration portal , as I have not filed any anual return for 14 years.
Considering the cost implications of reactivating my current business name , I would like to register a new company with a different name for my next visa application, please will it go well ? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
I think you're on a visa and not on a permit. You are required to leave before the expiration of your visa. My grandma (rest her soul) had a dependent uk visa like that. She was a dependent of my uncle.
DhammiBB:
Good day everyone,

I just got a mail response from UKVI,
Anyone person who has an idea pls.

Pls help out.

MAIL ATTACHED BELOW
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
The duration on my vignette is just one month

Dec 30th to Jan 30th

giselle237:
they said the whole duration is on your vignette. Check what was put on your passport. Date what to what pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
The duration on my vignette is just one month…
Dec 30th to Jan 30th….

There has to be a mistake somewhere….

cutebear:
I think you're on a visa and not on a permit. You are required to leave before the expiration of your visa. My grandma (rest her soul) had a dependent uk visa like that. She was a dependent of my uncle.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
DhammiBB:

The duration on my vignette is just one month

Dec 30th to Jan 30th

there is a mistake
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DhammiBB: 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Trying to figure it out….
I don’t know how to complain about this..!
Cos I have to act fast now

giselle237:
there is a mistake
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
DhammiBB:
Trying to figure it out….
I don’t know how to complain about this..!
Cos I have to act fast now
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello everyone, please can anyone tell me about how much it’ll cost to book a pcr day 2 and day 8 test? Also can I do a covid 19 test in the airport or where’s the closest hospital to the airport (lagos) I can do it?
Also, how long does it take a covid 19 test result to be out
Because requirement says 48hours before entring UK
Lastly, to complete a passenger locator form, do they charge for it? If yes how much it’ll cost
I’ll really appreciate answers to my questions. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adensamyt: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
I just got denied! I think I made a mistake about my yearly income I miss calculated, I am paying myself a monthly salary of 350k. Please house help me check for advices and i want to reapply immediately, I think all other documents were perfect.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
cutebear:
This is a gamble seeing that UKVI already has your previous business information. It may look dubious if they decide to do a little bit of digging.
Insights from other group members are welcome.

I get your point ,thanks a million
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
virgoago4:

You can use your visitors visa to transit

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by virgoago4: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
royalmu:
I think you should check with the VAC where you did biometrics. They should have your passport.

Thanks for your response. i got to the VAC where I applied in Abuja and they told me my passport has not arrived. fast forward, i wrote back to ukvi to explain the meaning of my application has been closed and they replied to say it means a decision has been made.

My question, if decision has been made and i am yet to receive a refusal email does this mean good news in anticipation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
virgoago4:

Thanks for your response. i got to the VAC where I applied in Abuja and they told me my passport has not arrived. fast forward, i wrote back to ukvi to explain the meaning of my application has been closed and they replied to say it means a decision has been made.

My question, if decision has been made and i am yet to receive a refusal email does this mean good news in anticipation?
It could either be good or bad news. In most cases, it's usually good news. However, some people don't receive refusal letter via email until they collect their passport and then open up the passport to find nothing in it. At that point they would have to get across to UKVI to complain about the empty passport and they are either told to resubmit their passport for visa issuance or sent refusal letter. I pray yours is positive. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kayma2000: 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please I need advice.

Biometric Date :14 October 2021. Decision Made on application :November 2021. Visa type - 5 yr Visitor visa - 4th times applicant
TLS service: Keep my passport Option

UKVI confirmed via phone call on Nov 11, 2021 that a decision has been made on my application.
However, i am yet to receive an email on the decision from TLS.

I opted for the keep my passport option and am currently with my passport.

I have sent several paid emails to UKVI complaining and was informed that the case has been escalated to the ECO and VAC and that a decision has been made on my application. TLS contact has responded to my inquiries that they have not received an email from DMC.

How do I proceed please.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please o gurus in the house

Dinoforyou00:
Hello everyone, please can anyone tell me about how much it’ll cost to book a pcr day 2 and day 8 test? Also can I do a covid 19 test in the airport or where’s the closest hospital to the airport (lagos) I can do it?
Also, how long does it take a covid 19 test result to be out
Because requirement says 48hours before entring UK
Lastly, to complete a passenger locator form, do they charge for it? If yes how much it’ll cost
I’ll really appreciate answers to my questions. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by keleks: 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
keleks:
Hello Everyone… I have been reading this thread and need advice on how to process my mum’s visit visa to the Uk. My mum is retired but will like to visit my brother in the Uk for his masters graduation for 3weeks. My brother went for his Msc with his family. My mum has not been paid her pension and does not currently have any source of income. The only inflow of money in her account is the monthly upkeep my brother and I give her. Should I include my statement of account as her sponsor, or just put some money in her account. Should my brother include his statement of account?… please note he doesn’t earn much, he is a student and he just graduated. How do we go about this application please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hi there,

Use the link below to find a test provider. I paid 35 pounds for just day 2 since I’m fully vaccinated.

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-location

You can use synlab. Result is usually out within 24hrs and they are in GRA Ikeja

Dinoforyou00:
Please o gurus in the house

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Loyaltysoul: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hello Fazfums

Please guide me step by step on day2 rapid lateral flow test, my husband wanted to travel by next week.

Under testing method :
Which one is the easier way ?
1.Self test at your location
2.Self test at a provider site
3.Supervised test at a provider site
4.Supervised test at your location

Under Delivery method
Which one is better?
1.Post to your location
2.Click and collect

What's the reference number thy will send for passenger location form is meant for

Please kindly guide me one by one

Thanks

Fazfunms:
Hi there,

Use the link below to find a test provider. I paid 35 pounds for just day 2 rapid since I’m fully vaccinated.

You can use synlab. Result is usually out within 24hrs and they are in GRA Ikeja

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Thank you very much.
One more question, if my flight is on Thursday 7pm-11pm, If I go for the test on Tuesday morning and get result on Wednesday morning. Tho that’s more than 48hours to arrival. Am I still on track?

Fazfunms:
Hi there,

Use the link below to find a test provider. I paid 35 pounds for just day 2 since I’m fully vaccinated.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Thank you very much.
One more question, if my flight is on Thursday 7pm-11pm, If I go for the test on Tuesday morning and get result on Wednesday morning. Tho that’s more than 48hours to arrival. Am I still on track?
then go Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.