Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast (15708 Views)

Does ANYONE Have An Idea Of What THIS Is Called ? / See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by denzel2009: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

What's a tipper?

Caravan or towing vehicle or truck
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by nanidee(f): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
kabukabu:

oatmeal or cereal with fresh berries in it,whole wheat bread toasted  french style with a poached egg, and tea to wash it down grin grin grin grin grin

Ibo-made:

Not a breakfast person but when I do I have Weetabix Cereal with Banana.

The last time I checked, the OP said[b] NIGERIAN BREAKFAST[/b]  undecided undecided

Ranoscky:

Agbalumo & coke !!!

amakaudeze:

egg n kpomo

amakaudeze:

pawapaw and akamu

LMAO

ezeagu:

No wonder so many people in Nigeria are shaped like tippers.

CHEI!!!!!! lwkmd, cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay, for me, my idea of a nigerian breakfast will have to be fried plantain (really ripe plantain) and fried yam with fried eggs, yummy, yummy cheesy cheesy

Bread and hot akara, with pap aint a bad idea, wink wink
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
denzel2009:

Caravan or towing vehicle or truck

Hehehe, I eat a lot but I'm no tipper grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Gamine(f): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
Its funny this should come up now. lol smiley
My auntys son was busy screaming for 'Nigerian breakfast' this week

Boiled Yam and Garden egg sauce

Love it!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
My breakfast most days is Okpa (bambara nuts) & Mineral, or Moi -moi and mineral/malt.
Its not healthy but now I cant help it.
I dont eat rice,I CANT drink tea even if my life depended on it.

They don't make good okpa these days. High in protein.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by djcrucifix(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
eba with egusi, cos u go hustle die through out the day so u gast stay strong. grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
can someone ship me real good epa so i can soak in my garri or have with my rice in d morning grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
i Smoke garri and kulikuli first thin in the morning : monday - saturday

Agege bread and beans on Sundays

they keep u going 24hrs!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by dapachez: 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
cool cool tea,bread and egg or pap and akara
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by firestar(f): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
Here's mine:

Beans: Adalu, Ewagoyin, moin-moin, akara or farmhouse.
Bread with whatever's available: butter, jam, mayonnaise, eggs, beans, akara, moin-moin, stew, vegetable soup,
Tubers: Boiled yam and sweet potatoes with stew/sauce or eggs or better yet salted palm oil, cocoyam, porridge, fried yam/potatoes with stew,etc
Cereals: Custard, Oats, Pap, Eko with milk, cornflakes(e don tey o!)
Beverage: Tea, coffee, cocoa, zobo, ginger, soyamilk.
Fruit and veggie: Mangoes, pineapples, bananas, citruses, carrots
Grain: Rice. Any rice, including Iresi Ofada. Nuff said.
All-in-all if I see it, I eat it.

End of discussion.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by MissyB3(f): 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
Gamine:

Its funny this should come up now. lol  smiley
My auntys son was busy screaming for 'Nigerian breakfast' this week

Boiled Yam and Garden egg sauce

Love it!
Yam and Garden egg sauce in the morning? Isn't it too heavy?

I Love it a lot. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by adanny01(m): 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
My favourite which i ve not seen anybody mention is tea with Fried Irish potatoes, fried egg, tomato ketchup and occasionally kidney pepper soup.
Tea is a constant with everything i take for breakfast.
The most frequent is Tea and bread with eggs or margarine or jam and sometimes with fried yams or fried sweet potatoes.
Occasionally oat meal or corn flakes or Rice pudding or acca pudding or my tribes local Anzekpu with nonon shanu(corn pudding)
Dont mind my wide range of varieties cause am from the north.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 11:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hmmm, I noticed a lot of these foods are starchy foods and loaded with carbs.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Kilode1: 1:32am On Oct 02, 2010
^^ we do carbs anytime, everyday grin grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by bawomolo(m): 1:40am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hmmm, I noticed a lot of these foods are starchy foods and loaded with carbs.

we are not orobokibo for nothing.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by ezeagu(m): 2:02am On Oct 02, 2010
Nigerian breakfast, breakday, breakevening, breakanything > Gbig Gbig Meat, Gbig Gbig Meat. Heavy Heavy Starch, Heavy Heavy Starch. End of meal
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by spoilt(f): 2:10am On Oct 02, 2010
agoin beans.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 2:14am On Oct 02, 2010
bawomolo:

we are not orobokibo for nothing.  

We? lol, no be me o.

spoilt:

agoin beans.

lol lol, there's no difference from breakfast and dinner [at least for me there isn't]. What I eat in the morning is what I may eat in the evening.

Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by bash673(m): 2:35am On Oct 02, 2010
adanny01:

My favourite which i ve not seen anybody mention is tea with Fried Irish potatoes, fried egg, tomato ketchup and occasionally kidney pepper soup.
Tea is a constant with everything i take for breakfast.
The most frequent is Tea and bread with eggs or margarine or jam and sometimes with fried yams or fried sweet potatoes.
Occasionally oat meal or corn flakes or Rice pudding or acca pudding or my tribes local Anzekpu with nonon shanu(corn pudding)
Dont mind my wide range of varieties cause am from the north.
Please what is this Anzekpu? Naga harda nonon shanu and you said corn pudding. Where is it from kuma?
Thank You.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by bash673(m): 2:38am On Oct 02, 2010
greateros:

Agege bread and beans  on Sundays

they keep u going 24hrs!

So it means you can eat once a day.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 2:45am On Oct 02, 2010
greateros:

Agege bread and beans on Sundays

they keep u going 24hrs!

Sometimes I eat garri for breakfast. Doesn't really fill me up though. But it helps when I'm hungry and don't wanna east something huge.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by chic2pimp(m): 2:55am On Oct 02, 2010
@ POSTER

The simple truth is that Nigerians would eat any and every food for Breakfast.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 2:59am On Oct 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

@ POSTER

From the look of tings, I can see that. The reason I asked the question is because I was curious to see what other people's ideas where of a "Nigerian breakfast".
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

@ POSTER

Gbam!!! I used to warm my iyan and ila soup every other morning before I go to class. Had to stop, was gaining weight grin grin grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 3:12am On Oct 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Gbam!!! I used to warm my iyan and ila soup every other morning before I go to class. Had to stop, was gaining weight grin grin grin
'

lol eh ya.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by chic2pimp(m): 3:14am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

From the look of tings, I can see that. The reason I asked the question is because I was curious to see what other people's ideas where of a "Nigerian breakfast".

Oh Okay wink
Typical Nigerian Breakfasts include Bread and Egg, Bread,Butter(Blueband being the prefered choice for most peeps) and Chocolate tea(Milo or Bournvita), Pap and Akara/Moi Moi, Yam and egg/stew e.t.c.
Ileke-IdI:

We thank God for your life sha, Early momo,Iyan and Ila shocked shocked shocked grin. Well it reminds me of the time I saw my Uncle eating Eba and Vegetable mixed with Egusi soup around 8.30 in the morning.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

'

lol eh ya.

lol abi

@chic2pimp
Nothing do me o, I gatz to rep nau.
I still dig my bonvita/milo and bread.

Eggs/grits/sausage ---> I loveeeeeeeeee my grits mehn. Na serious addiction be that o.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by donclemo(m): 3:27am On Oct 02, 2010
fresh kolanuts, paw paw and yam juice with some bushmeat sandwich
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by suedoh2006(m): 3:29am On Oct 02, 2010
Sardine with bread and Choko Milo
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 02, 2010
suedoh2006:

Sardine with bread and Choko Milo
My brother, now you're talking. Fry those sardines with onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, vegies etc. . . . whew!!! God is good!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 02, 2010
a selection of poverty-stricken folks here. grin

Typical breakfast - cornflakes with peak milk (the dutch one), bread and scrabbled eggs or toast.

who mentioned moimoi and ogi there? shocked
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 3:38am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

a selection of poverty-stricken folks here. grin

Typical breakfast - cornflakes with peak milk (the dutch one), bread and scrabbled eggs or toast.

who mentioned moimoi and ogi there? shocked

Poverty eh? Cornflakes-- Haven't had that in a while. . . Same with milk. Can't remember the last time I drank milk tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Ladies Shy To Eat In Canteen / As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / Quality Commercial Kitchen Equipment Offer Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.