Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast (15715 Views)

Does ANYONE Have An Idea Of What THIS Is Called ? / See The Best Way To Serve Your Man Breakfast. (photo) / Drop Nutritious Breakfast Ideas Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 02, 2010
i'm sure many here were not aware that there were 2 distinct flavors of peak milk - one from Holland and the other from Lagos.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 3:41am On Oct 02, 2010
What's peak milk?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 02, 2010
Did you grow up in nigeria?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 3:47am On Oct 02, 2010
No cry
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by chic2pimp(m): 3:51am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

i'm sure many here were not aware that there were 2 distinct flavors of peak milk - one from Holland and the other from Lagos.
I think the word 'Many' should be changed to 'Most' grin

Inked_Nerd:

What's peak milk?

Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 3:53am On Oct 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Ummm, how about "some"? grin. Thanks for putting up the pic. Is it condensed milk or evaporated milk?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Can you blame them? Those days if it wasnt holland it wasnt peak milk.

Inked_Nerd:

Ummm, how about "some"? grin

I agree with chic2pimp, peak was reserved for butter pikin then oh. The rest went with Dano and if you were on the bottom rung you managed with cowbell. If you couldnt afford cowbell then na wa for u o.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 4:02am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

I agree with chic2pimp, peak was reserved for butter pikin then oh. The rest went with Dano and if you were on the bottom rung you managed with cowbell. If you couldnt afford cowbell then na wa for u o.

Dano? Is that a Nigerian product?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Dano? Is that a Nigerian product?

That was from Denmark. We dont have the facilities to produce high quality milk in nigeria . . . of course unless you consider wara tutu re.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by chic2pimp(m): 4:10am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Ummm, how about "some"? grin. Thanks for putting up the pic. Is it condensed milk or evaporated milk?

Some ke?Only if dem wan lie grin.

Evoparated Milk.

davidylan:

We can't blame them ooo grin.

Chei It's been  a long while since I heard the name 'Dano' cheesy.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Chei It's been  a long while since I heard the name 'Dano' cheesy.

I still remember i used to carry the huge tin to uni those days. That thing bought me many favours.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 4:25am On Oct 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

Some ke?Only if dem wan lie grin.

Evoparated Milk.

Ok o undecided

davidylan:

That was from Denmark. We dont have the facilities to produce high quality milk in nigeria . . . of course unless you consider wara tutu re.

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. We're such capable people. . . I wonder when Nigeria will go to the days when they tried to make the Z-600 undecided
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by chic2pimp(m): 4:27am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

I still remember i used to carry the huge tin to uni those days. That thing bought me many favours.
I bet it did. Milo was my own saving grace grin. Brandishing that Big Green Tin saved me from numerous beatings.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. We're such capable people. . . I wonder when Nigeria will go to the days when they tried to make the Z-600 undecided

It has little to do with our capability. Such large scale production requires so much investment . . . where is the energy to run such a factory 24/7? Milk like this has to be kept cool all the time, when NEPA takes light what happens to the bulk material?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 4:38am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

It has little to do with our capability. Such large scale production requires so much investment . . . where is the energy to run such a factory 24/7? Milk like this has to be kept cool all the time, when NEPA takes light what happens to the bulk material?

Hmmm
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Kilode1: 4:55am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

a selection of poverty-stricken folks here.  grin

Typical breakfast - cornflakes with peak milk (the dutch one), bread and scrabbled eggs or toast.

who mentioned moimoi and ogi there?  shocked

HAAHAHAHAHA!! Identified Like a true naija bred Pako-bota. Only the ijinle's can pull out nuanced differences like that grin

I now agree that we have too many Never-been-to-Naija, Never-Spent-Naira-before folks on Nairaland  shocked
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 4:57am On Oct 02, 2010
hehehe bros milk dey and MILK dey.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Kilode1: 5:07am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

hehehe bros milk dey and MILK dey.

Walahi My bro! Milk pass milk.

But after pouring those powdered things in a used can of Peak Milk, all "Milks" become Equal grin  Pako boys started forming same level with us "omo Buti" wink for boarding school because of Powdered Milk.

Sachet powdered Milk was a great leveler in those days grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 02, 2010
Yeah eventually the Ikeja peak milk started coming in satchets and that was the end of the classification of milk.

Who remembers planta on bread? No margarine can ever be as good!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Kilode1: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2010
Oh Planta! what happened to that product sef?
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 02, 2010
it just vanished off the market. Cold planta on warm freshly baked bread . . . oh la la!

Blue band was not a bad substitute though. Chei na buta pikin enjoy naija pass.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Kilode1: 5:20am On Oct 02, 2010
haha Nothing like boti jare grin
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by denzel2009: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

It is condensed and evaporated. 2 in 1.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Ranoscky(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2010
Chewing raw garri without water.

It keeps you goin until nite falls !!!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2010
denzel2009:

It is condensed and evaporated. 2 in 1.

Hmmm, interesting.

Ranoscky:

Chewing raw garri without water.

It keeps you goin until nite falls !!!

I've never actually eaten a whole mouthful of dry garri. Perhaps I'll give it a try.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Yorisb: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2010
Just had alomo-bitters with groundnut for breakfast!

Walahi energy don dey boku now
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Odunnu: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2010
Home,sweet home!
Mum gave me boiled yam with fried egg!
I dnt want this holiday to be over o!!
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 02, 2010
I think bread & tea is ok though most times i settle 4 eba & egusi soup 2 kip me strong 4 d day activities.
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by ifyalways(f): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2010
@Topic,Okpa and Akamu kiss
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by InkedNerd(f): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2010
ifyalways:

@Topic,Okpa and Akamu kiss

Mmmm
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by Ayowumie(m): 11:46am On Oct 02, 2010
yorke:

I think bread & tea is ok though most times i settle 4 eba & egusi soup 2 kip me strong 4 d day activities.
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Your Version/Idea Of A Nigerian Breakfast by sizzlers(m): 11:49am On Oct 02, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d very tasty in the morning mostly half cooked ones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Quality Commercial Kitchen Equipment Offer Here / As A Single, Do You Cook Or Eat Outside? / 16 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.