Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Islam's Position On Homosexuality - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam's Position On Homosexuality (20978 Views)

Position Of Hijab In Islam / Recitation Of Sadik Akolade Alabi Winner Of 1st Position In Qur'anic Competition / From The Shackle Of The Sin Of Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Bro,

You are 100 percent wrong. Sex education actually reduces teen pregnancy. That is a fact. I even posted link to research confirming it to you before.

When everyone calls you brain dead you will be complaining
I have to you to stop smoking Igbo. I have told you to stop listening to official news and articles. They don't tell you what you wanna know but what they want you to know. This was the reason I posted videos and screenshots. There are grandmas at 30 and still counting. Yes, teen pregnancy may have reduced in some places but your link is not a full proof
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Bro,

You are 100 percent wrong. Sex education actually reduces teen pregnancy.
besides, it doesn't stop them from whoring. It rather makes them sex object and statistics for men.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
I have to you to stop smoking Igbo. I have told you to stop listening to official news and articles. They don't tell you what you wanna know but what they want you to know. This was the reason I posted videos and screenshots. There are grandmas at 30 and still counting. Yes, teen pregnancy may have reduced in some places but your link is not a full proof

Empiree my boy,

Please, go and learn the difference between anecdotal evidence and concrete evidence. I did not just provide a news article- it had a RESEARCH proving that sex education reduces teen pregnancy.

2 or 3 examples of underage sex (between adults and children) does not prove that the society (America/Europe) approves it.
2 or 3 examples of theft does not prove that the society approves of theft.

The law is what proves how a country's morality is structured.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
besides, it doesn't stop them from whoring. It rather makes them sex object and statistics for men.

I am not understanding..........
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
sino:

Nb: You should know that whenever you come on here and insult Muslims and Islam, you are invariably insulting your family who are practicing Muslims. Your atheism logic did not teach you to respect other people’s beliefs?!

You have no right to be bringing in people's family into trivial matters like this.

Tingtinz has every right to criticise a religion he disagrees with. Criticising a religion is not the same as insulting a religion.

Many people in Nigeria have relatives from different religions. For instance, yoruba people can have muslims, christians and Ogun traditional worshippers in the same family. It is not insult for a christian family member to say that he disagrees with the prophet of islam.

Ogbeni, wise up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I am not understanding..........

Alabosi shocked
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Empiree my boy,

Please, go and learn the difference between anecdotal evidence and concrete evidence. I did not just provide a news article- it had a RESEARCH proving that sex education reduces teen pregnancy.

2 or 3 examples of underage sex (between adults and children) does not prove that the society (America/Europe) approves it.
2 or 3 examples of theft does not prove that the society approves of theft.

The law is what proves how a country's morality is structured.

get on ground and experience things yourself. One video I posted was just example. There are more.... Bro more and more out there.

It is research from my end too.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
get on ground and experience things yourself. One video I posted was just example. There are more.... Bro more and more out there.

It is research from my end too.

Oga, what is your point? Are you trying to say that underage sex is loved by the American society?
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Oga, what is your point? Are you trying to say that underage sex is loved by the American society?
Not just America. I am simply telling you it is well and alive and that "sex education" actually encourages sex revolution despite recommended precautions. Pills and condoms do fail.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
Not just America. I am simply telling you it is well and alive and that "sex education" actually encourages sex revolution despite recommended precautions. Pills and condoms do fail.

Oga, did you graduate from university?
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Oga, did you graduate from university?
No, I dropped out shocked nonesense

this story below is one of the many recent

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
No, I dropped out shocked nonesense

She of consent in USA is 16 to 18

Receive sense
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
Aren't you bias now?. You wanna believe what you wanna believe. You have been doubting everything I said until I showed you a video proof. After you watched it the first thing you realized was, you were convinced there are underage pregnancy and then you wondered why the dude was not arrested?.

You wanted to cover up by saying the guy was dead before court appearance and I proved to you again there are similar cases where dudes were present but not arrested.

Also you read comments from the video and screenshots I provided and even a comment by a lady making confession. All these are pointers to the fact that there are underage pregnancy in Western world and no prosecution.

I have said about 3 times now that I'm never against so called sex education. I only said it does little or no effect on preventing teen pregnancy. You just watched one for crying out loud. You chose to disagree with my last post because of my opinion. Now you insisted on sex education is what I don't understand but you have seen clearly it doesn't prevent anything despite creating awareness.

With all your talks and talks you still never offered lasting solution. You asked for mine and I provided one. Fact is that, you guys are predators. Predators don't want these girls marry so that they could use them for their selfish pleasures. This is greed.

Again, what sex education does is awareness and curiosity. That curiousity aspect is what landed many of these teens in bed with guys. I also told you that contraceptives and condom option provided by sex education are not 100. Besides, when sh!ts are up, these teens forget about these precautions. They say "fvck it.... whatever happens". That's why you seen the lady in court. Tintingz, why do you shy away from saying the truth after watching the video?. The girl was 21 with 3 kids. Abeg, let's assume she was ignorant of sex education the first time. How about second time?, Third time?. And subsequently she's in the midst of paternity questions about her child. This is not fair to the poor baby. This baby has the right to know her father. But sex education doesn't really teach moral conduct parents teach. This is what led to this sex revolution since 1960s. If sex education works so much why there are so much teen pregnancy still?. This is what you failed to address. All you could tell me was "it is not 100%". The video you just watched yesterday was even fair. You will get to see worse than that and because your weren't satisfied, you said it must have been censored or something like that. At the end of your blabbing you still did not come to reasonable resolution other than to tell me I am ignorant of what sex education is. It was actually in the best interest of both parents and their children with respect superstitions they told their children. It was for the better and it worked back then. Sex education only created awareness and very little about abstainence. Nothing more. How I'm I ignorant of it?. tintingz, has the word "marriage" been banned from dictionary?. Why is it missing in all your write up?. Let me ask you this, you see the girl in red shirt in the video yesterday, is she ripe for marriage or not at the time she had her first child?. She was definitely around 15 or 16 when she had her first baby. No such thing as VVF. Why is it so difficult for you to say something about marriage?. Remember all her 3 kids are fathered by different older dudes. This is what I try to avoid for my daughter outside of wedlock. Oooh, empire is ignorant of sex education. I know I do. Nonesense and ingredients

Argumentum Ad nauseam.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

She of consent in USA is 16 to 18

Receive sense

why did you guys start talking about "age of consent" only AFTER i brought it up?. What y'all been talking about was anything below 18 is underage. Besides i even refuted that bcuz most of them are not married. Thats the point i kept getting out to you but you diverted all the time. See the screenshots below, i wish i can post the video for you but i deliberate dont want, if you could listen what this judge is saying some sense into these kids, you won't be here speaking so passionately about sex education which pretty much doesnt work in my opinion. Judge doesn't even speak about sex education bcuz she knows it is bullsh!t grin

Judge is screaming in this video like "y'all just babies having babies". See, these two young guys in the shot below just cant get enough of the young girl (baby mama). Listen, the least system does for them now is counselling.

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
why did you guys start talking about "age of consent" only AFTER i brought it up?. What y'all been talking about was anything below 18 is underage. Besides i even refuted that bcuz most of them are not married. Thats the point i kept getting out to you but you diverted all the time. See the screenshots below, i wish i can post the video for you but i deliberate dont want, if you could listen what this judge is saying some sense into these kids, you won't be here speaking so passionately about sex education which pretty much doesnt work in my opinion. Judge doesn't even speak about sex education bcuz she knows it is bullsh!t grin

Judge is screaming in this video like "y'all just babies having babies". See, these two young guys in the shot below just cant get enough of the young girl (baby mama). Listen, the least system does for them now is counselling.

Receive sense bro.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2019
sino:

Can you please share with us the threats of bestiality?!
Abuse on animals and mostly behave savagery.

There is no substance to your premise; you have no excuse or basis to reject these other behaviours mentioned…
Giving birth out of incest can result to birth defects on the child, I don't have problem with people practicing incest but I've problem when trying to have children.

A psychopath can also say this! Also, a child born with birth defects can be said to be normal because he/she didn’t choose to be born like that!
Of course yes. Like i said there's no definite definition of what normal is, it's an illusion.

That it is legalized in some community isn’t the issue or accepted as normal by some society isn’t the issue, you cannot use that to justify a claim that homosexuality is normal!
Lol, what's normal to you may not be normal to another and vice versa, there's no absolute normality.

Homosexuality and every other phenomena has been existing since evolution so of course it's normal and with this it's justifiable, some society legalized Homosexuality so of course it's a justification it's normal to some people.

Normal is conforming to a standard.

Some animals eat feces, and we have humans into coprophilia, according to you, we should accept coprophilia as normal right?! Or you wait till people start claiming it is normal?!
Yes it's normal to them because they feel comfortable with it.

But if they become a threat in the society then the law will have to regulate it.

So why should I give a damn about mad people?!
The same reason they don't give a damn about you. grin

Only that, in this case, you do not have facts and your logic is faulty, not to mention your contradictions.
Lol, do you want us to talk about fact?

There is no logical fallacy on my part, above, I asked you if you were willing to participate in an activity you considered as being normal, you claimed you aren’t a gay, so you wouldn’t, meaning, if you were gay, you would definitely be having gay sex. This then applies to Muslims and your claims as to what they accept as normal, so you being an ex-Muslim, and sure, having family members who are Muslims, it shouldn’t be that difficult to back up your claims with facts from yourself and your family who are still devout Muslims if your claim are accurate!

Nb: You should know that whenever you come on here and insult Muslims and Islam, you are invariably insulting your family who are practicing Muslims. Your atheism logic did not teach you to respect other people’s beliefs?!
This is non-sequitur and ad hominem.

You have no point again you start shifting the argument to my personal life, how does my personal life got to do with this argument? Was that the premise of the arguments or did I deviate to your personal life in this argument? I was expecting a response regarding my premise on Islamic normalcy (dogmas) instead you shifted the argument to this, this is red herring.

The fact that I said I'm not a gay, why then are you still strawmaning?

Kindly follow the premises, my personal life as nothing to do with this argument, if you know you have no point again kindly swerve and move on, it's not by force to argue.

As for the last paragraph, well my criticism may sound offensive to another, that's what criticism is. And no I'm not insulting my families who are Muslims(even though Muslims insults and kill apostates), I'm simply attacking the Islamic dogmatic nonsense.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Receive sense bro.
I know i have frustrated you enough cheesy Goan rest. Kpele undecided
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
Empiree:
I know i have frustrated you enough cheesy Goan rest. Kpele undecided

grin grin

If only you knew...
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2019

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 3:53am On Jun 27, 2019
Empiree:
Still on "Gay Lesson"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2216255355096605&id=490858150969676&fs=0&focus_composer=0

Empiree, that labour mp that you think is on your side has killed his career. He has been sanctioned by his own party for his foolishness.

You always look for cretins to side you.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by Empiree: 6:17am On Jun 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Empiree, that labour mp that you think is on your side has killed his career. He has been sanctioned by his own party for his foolishness.

everyone faces challenges in career they chose
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by sino(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

You have no right to be bringing in people's family into trivial matters like this.

Tingtinz has every right to criticise a religion he disagrees with. Criticising a religion is not the same as insulting a religion.

Many people in Nigeria have relatives from different religions. For instance, yoruba people can have muslims, christians and Ogun traditional worshippers in the same family. It is not insult for a christian family member to say that he disagrees with the prophet of islam.

Ogbeni, wise up
I have no right?! Trivial?! This is ridiculous! I have not insulted his family, I only asked simple questions, are his immediate family Muslims and do they practice any of what he had claimed?! why are you guys taking offense?!

Well I know you guys can't differentiate between criticism and plain insult, mockery and the likes. Your criticism is mainly predicated on finding faults, and no matter how these issues are being presented with effective reasonings, you would never consider, cos you are prejudicial when it comes to religion and in this case, Islam! There are numerous posts from the person you are defending and even on here which are plainly insults, mockery etc.!

FYI, my religion teaches me to respect other people's beliefs even in 'criticism', you will not see me going about other peoples religious topics to start arguing on what their religion should state and how delusional they are believing what they do and making ill-thought references to their revered symbols. Again, my religion teaches me to argue with wisdom, fair preaching and in the best way!

You are definitely right that some Nigerians to have family members who practice different religion, and that should be a guiding principle for us to respect and tolerate others, and if someone feels they are invisible online, it becomes necessary to remind such a person where he is coming from, which is even a prerogative in the Yoruba culture.

2 Likes

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 10:04am On Jun 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Ogbeni, wise up
Thanks I didn't even see this.

The dude was just grasping at straws and fallacies.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2019
sino:

I have no right?! Trivial?! This is ridiculous! I have not insulted his family, I only asked simple questions, are his immediate family Muslims and do they practice any of what he had claimed?! why are you guys taking offense?!

Well I know you guys can't differentiate between criticism and plain insult, mockery and the likes. Your criticism is mainly predicated on finding faults, and no matter how these issues are being presented with effective reasonings, you would never consider, cos you are prejudicial when it comes to religion and in this case, Islam! There are numerous posts from the person you are defending and even on here which are plainly insults, mockery etc.!

FYI, my religion teaches me to respect other people's beliefs even in 'criticism', you will not see me going about other peoples religious topics to start arguing on what their religion should state and how delusional they are believing what they do and making ill-thought references to their revered symbols. Again, my religion teaches me to argue with wisdom, fair preaching and in the best way!

You are definitely right that some Nigerians to have family members who practice different religion, and that should be a guiding principle for us to respect and tolerate others, and if someone feels they are invisible online, it becomes necessary to remind such a person where he is coming from, which is even a prerogative in the Yoruba culture.

Lies!

Your religion does not teaches you to respect others believes and religion, in fact the whole concept of the Quran is insulting, mocking and killing other believes/believers.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by JeromeBlack: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
sino:

My guy, please be honest with yourself. There was no need to bring up his family. You talk about respect and yet you lack the manners that would prevent you from crossing the line to talk about someone's family.

Secondly, there are numerous comments of yours that are insulting atheists. You say you respect beliefs, yet you mock atheists.

Even within your religion, I have seen how your fellow muslims insult pagan and atheists.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by lanrexlan(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

My guy, please be honest with yourself. There was no need to bring up his family. You talk about respect and yet you lack the manners that would prevent you from crossing the line to talk about someone's family.
You guys don't get and understand the logic Tintingz is proposing. Lemme break it down for you.

Scenario 1
Proposition 1 (according to tintingz): MUSLIMS are deluded.
Propostion 2: Tintingz's family are MUSLIMS.

From the above propositions, we can deduce logically that tintingz's family are deluded cos according to tintingz himself, ALL muslims are deluded (including myself and my family).

Scenario 2
Proposition 1 (according to tintingz): MUSLIMS consider wife beating, slave trading et al as NORMAL.
Proposition 2: tintingz has muslims in his family.
Analogical logical deduction: Muslims from tintingz family would have engaged in such acts he accused all muslims of since those acts are NORMAL in the Muslim world!

Before you come online and make silly and haste generalisation, consider the effects that come with it. People who live in glass houses don't throw stones!

Is logic hard for you guys? If something is normal in the Muslim world, then bulk (if not all) of muslims should be following and implentimg those things that are considered as norms! If they aren't following it, at least they would be cool with it.

The wife beating matter, the Prophet who got revelation from his Lord NEVER beat any of his wives. We didn't read such in the caliphs and our Imaams lives! Even in the contemporary world of muslim scholars, I haven't seen anyone who beats his wife and justify it with the Quran! Since we have run out of examples, maybe he (tintingz) can help us out with examples of close Muslim relatives of his would have engaged in such norms that he accused the entire Muslim world of! At least, charity begins at home!

Funny thing is that the people who beat their wives don't know about the Quran and those who know and understand the ayah don't beat their wives!

JeromeBlack:
Secondly, there are numerous comments of yours that are insulting atheists. You say you respect beliefs, yet you mock atheists.

Even within your religion, I have seen how your fellow muslims insult pagan and atheists.

Mock atheists?! Insulting beliefs is different from insulting personalities. I do agree that arguments can get rowdy and people through jibes at one another. But, do atheists have a set of beliefs?! So which beliefs of the atheists are muslims mocking?!

We are here in Islam section, enjoying and discussing about our deen. An atheist comes in and starts to mock and ridicule what he doesn't believe in! Does that makes sense to you?! For example, I don't believe in leprechaun, Santa Claus or FSM, then I open a thread and invite my Muslim brothers. Then we begin to argue and debunk the beliefs of FSM, saying Santa Claus is a sadist, he is bigot and other unprintable words you guys have used on God! But we don't even believe Santa Claus nor leprechaun exist, this is a belief we don't hold! Is that not stupidity?! Why would we arguing something that doesn't exist and we don't believe in?!

Atheists don't believe in God, but most of you guys spend hours and days trying to debunk, ridicule and mock something you don't believe to exist! What do we call that? How do you guys sound to yourself?

You wanna discuss, you discuss. If you wanna mock and ridicule people's beliefs, then don't expect a pat on your back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by lanrexlan(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
tintingz:
Lies!

Your religion does not teaches you to respect others believes and religion, in fact the whole concept of the Quran is insulting, mocking and killing other believes/believers.
@ Bold, I think it is through your layman "study" of the Quran you come to that conclusion of yours?! grin

I thought you are once a Muslim and in your words "I have studied Islam, my dad is an Imaan. Know where I am coming from" grin, yet you are making the above wrong claims with boldness.

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 108:
وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ
And INSULT NOT those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge..........

Ignorance is bliss!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
lanrexlan:
@ Bold, I think it is through your layman "study" of the Quran you come to that conclusion of yours?! grin

I thought you are once a Muslim and in your words "I have studied Islam, my dad is an Imaan. Know where I am coming from" grin, yet you are making the above wrong claims with boldness.

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 108:
وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ
And INSULT NOT those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge..........

Ignorance is bliss!!!

In the Qur'an we read Allah calling disbelievers loosers, fools, damned, hell dwellers and degrading their Gods and beliefs, we also read Muhammad cursing the disbelievers in the Hadiths.

Muhammad even entered the Kaaba shrine and destroyed the Gods of the people, what do you call that?
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
lanrexlan:
You guys don't get and understand the logic Tintingz is proposing. Lemme break it down for you.

Scenario 1
This is not in my premises in this thread but let go on.

From the above propositions, we can deduce logically that tintingz's family are deluded cos according to tintingz himself, ALL muslims are deluded (including myself and my family).
Being deluded is not an insult, it's actually what the person is if he/she demonstrated such.

Deluded means believing something that is not true but want people to believe it's true.

So I don't see any reason my family should be excluded from this if they actually demonstrated this.

But then the argument here is not about my family, this is a red herring, ad hominem and non-sequitur fallacy.

Scenario 2
Proposition 1 (according to tintingz): MUSLIMS consider wife beating, slave trading et al as NORMAL.
Analogical logical deduction: Muslims from tintingz family would have engaged in such acts he accused all muslims of since those acts are NORMAL in the Muslim world!

Yes of course they can engage in it since it is a dogma.

My argument is actually about Islamic dogmatism.

Before you come online and make silly and haste generalisation, consider the effects that come with it. People who live in glass houses don't throw stones!
Every Muslim believe in the Quran which is divine and the absolute law to them, so where am I wrong here.

Is logic hard for you guys? If something is normal in the Muslim world, then bulk (if not all) of muslims should be following and implentimg those things that are considered as norms! If they aren't following it, at least they would be cool with it.
Every damn believe and practice in the Qur'an is normal to Muslims, whether they practice it or not it's still normal to them.

The wife beating matter, the Prophet who got revelation from his Lord NEVER beat any of his wives. We didn't read such in the caliphs and our Imaams lives! Even in the contemporary world of muslim scholars, I haven't seen anyone who beats his wife and justify it with the Quran! Since we have run out of examples, maybe he (tintingz) can help us out with examples of close Muslim relatives of his would have engaged in such norms that he accused the entire Muslim world of! At least, charity begins at home!

Funny thing is that the people who beat their wives don't know about the Quran and those who know and understand the ayah don't beat their wives!

But Allah still command Muslim men to beat their wives in the Qur'an. It's a dogma that can be used to justify this action.

Mock atheists?! Insulting beliefs is different from insulting personalities. I do agree that arguments can get rowdy and people through jibes at one another. But, do atheists have a set of beliefs?! So which beliefs of the atheists are muslims mocking?!

We are here in Islam section, enjoying and discussing about our deen. An atheist comes in and starts to mock and ridicule what he doesn't believe in! Does that makes sense to you?! For example, I don't believe in leprechaun, Santa Claus or FSM, then I open a thread and invite my Muslim brothers. Then we begin to argue and debunk the beliefs of FSM, saying Santa Claus is a sadist, he is bigot and other unprintable words you guys have used on God! But we don't even believe Santa Claus nor leprechaun exist, this is a belief we don't hold! Is that not stupidity?! Why would we arguing something that doesn't exist and we don't believe in?!

Atheists don't believe in God, but most of you guys spend hours and days trying to debunk, ridicule and mock something you don't believe to exist! What do we call that? How do you guys sound to yourself?

You wanna discuss, you discuss. If you wanna mock and ridicule people's beliefs, then don't expect a pat on your back.

Let me make things clear to you.

Atheism is the lack of beliefs in God while theism is the believe in God, two positions against each other, since theists go about saying God exist, atheists then demand proof of this God that exist, reason we have philosophical arguments in this religion section.

So it's not about atheists arguing on what that doesn't exist, it simply asking for the proof of God theists claim he exist. Simple.

Religions are public matters, anything that as to do with public is open for criticism, some criticism may intentionally be insulting while some is not intentionally but appear insulting and mocking but whatever it is, to criticize has to go down many roads, mocking, insulting etc as regard free speech.
Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by sino(m): 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Please show me where I disrespected his family...

You wouldn't see me mock atheist on the religious section or see me create topics there for arguments or for mockery, any form of mockery (which I doubt) would most likely be as a result of an atheist being obnoxious on this section which is always obvious from the responses of most atheists to topics that do not concern them. It is a common saying that "respect is reciprocal"... Yes there are Muslims who do this, argue badly, insult and mock, but that isn't what Islam teaches...

1 Like

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by sino(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
lanrexlan:

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

You can just imagine how they became defensive and claiming disrespect because I asked questions, I did not insult anyone or make mockery. People would come online and be forming mr logic and intellect spewing nonsense they dare not say to their folks at home, but you see the excuse, free speech! no need for respect, courtesy or diplomacy, you are just free to talk anyhow and yet they will still claim to have morality...

1 Like

Re: Islam's Position On Homosexuality by budaatum: 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Confirming Mr Godsiff had been instructed not to repeat his comments, a Labour spokesperson said: "The Labour Party has long supported and campaigned for LGBT+ inclusive education in schools, and the achievement of cross Party support for legislation this year was a significant step forward in the struggle for LGBT+ equality.

"There is not only a moral imperative to teach LGBT+ inclusive education, there is also a legal requirement under the Equality Act, which all schools must comply with.

"There is no justifiable reason to stop the teaching of these issues.

"To teach children about relationships and omit the fact that LGBT+ couples exist is fundamentally discriminatory. At a time when levels of homophobic and transphobic hate crime are rising in our society, it is more important than ever that we educate young people.

"Roger Godsiff's comments do not reflect the Labour Party's position in any way and his behaviour falls below the standards expected of a Labour MP. He has been formally reprimanded by the Chief Whip and has been warned that he must not repeat such conduct in the future."

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up / Imam mohamad Tawhidi Criticizes The Burqa / How Do You Feel Being A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.