Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? (14414 Views)

Why Do some Christians Hate The Old Testament / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by singiti(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2010
I will rather give my 10% to less priviledge/beggars than go give it to some God damn churches. They are performing their primarfy obligation of spreading the GOSPEL, rather they now use it as an avenue to make money for their greedy pockets. I dont blame them sha, MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY THE WORD OF GOD ALONE but every monies you can gather in the course of preaching [b][/b]lol
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by oludashmi(f): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
Musiwa,:

That a church or people who are looking for ways to destroy me and black mail me, is  wasting it time. Your blackmail would not work. Gods vision for my life is clear. It is forward ever, backward Never. i am not doing this my own wisdom, but by God. Have you ever seen me critic Bishop Oyedepo before. No.
Do you want to know why, anytime I look at Covenant University. what do you see, you see what he has use the money to do.

Gods vision for my life is clear, I am going to be greater than bishop Oyedepo.  la ku ni . look at what God use him to built. You must have a reason to praise him.

Oyedepo mothers would be so proud of himself. I carried him for 9 month.  May your mother be proud of you.

In as much as I didnt want to reply to this post, you made me do so angry
What exactly are you driving at in this pls make it clearer before any further reply frm me so that I will not be getting you wrong.

Cos I know that 90% Nigerians cannot afford to send their children to that school and I know that none of these people went to such exorbitant schools.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2010
Because the mugus are beginning to realize they are being taken for a ride lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I guess that's why Pastor of RCCG is making it a must for members to pay their tax tithe as at when due or they loose the church support they are enjoying [s](i wonder what the support is. maybe helping them to fleece their pockets)[/s]!

soon and very soon the pastors will begin to sale their private jets cause they couldn't afford to pay the parking fee undecided undecided

besides most of the major [s]tax tithe payers are in jail: Cecilia ibru & co[/s]
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by real4jesus: 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
oludashmi:

In as much as I didnt want to reply to this post, you made me do so angry
What exactly are you driving at in this pls make it clearer before any further reply frm me so that I will not be getting you wrong.

Cos I know that 90% Nigerians cannot afford to send their children to that school and I know that none of these people went to such exorbitant schools.

how many poor or average pple can afford to attend this school? i pay tithes am not against it, but the way our churches go about it these days and how fleece poor struggling citizens of their hard earned money baffles me sometimes, am not referring to any pastor inparticular, let their conscience judge them!!
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by dumodust(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
why dont some people pay tithes? hmmm, curious question, where did the private jets of pastors come from? in whose name are those universities/schools with exorbitant school fees opened? certainly not in God's name because i see no free tuition or charities associated with them.
i only see men grinning with fat pockets, i see politicians on pulpits, remember, i mentioned no name.
anyway, i now give my tithes on the streets and to those who need them, mtn, glo etc are enough, i wont dash my hard earned cash to another businnes franchise
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Ayoobscom(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2010
More tithes more Toyota Geeps for that man with the mic
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by missionma(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
undecided
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Ferya(f): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
We have been deceived by some pastors that we are robbing God. It is not true. The greatest commandment is love God and your neighbour. Then God will bless you.

Do not enrich pastors again.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by beninman1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2010
This tithe issue must be a major thing,
There are loads of threads on this forum debating same issue.
Perhaps, some of the church leaders should have their say on this forum
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by richdad2: 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
[sup][/sup]www.ricc
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by UyiIredia(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
sometimes i do >>> sometimes i don't >>> at one time i highly prioritized paying my tithes (and i still believe it's a biblical principles_how
else do u expect churches to run) >>> but now i ain't paying >>> nevertheless most posts against tithing on ^airaland tells me that pastors
are really hijacking the principle of tithing for personal gains & whimsical desires
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by TheClown: 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
The Tithe

This may be a challenging read for some, but it is submitted for your reflection, consideration, and to test with Scripture yourself.

"The tithe" as part of the Law is no more applicable to us than making a pilgrimage to Jerusalem three times a year is. It is mentioned in the New Testament only a couple of times, generally in the context of rebuke to the Pharisees concerning fastidious observance of the ceremonial Law.

If God had intended to carry tithing over into the New Covenant, then the chance was missed in Acts 15. You will note tithing is not mentioned in the Acts 15 Jerusalem Council rulings; though for modern legalists this is a favorite extra-biblical "exception" or "carryover" from the Old Covenant Law.

Christians in general reject the idea that we are "under the law", yet tithing somehow gets exempted. But it is all or nothing, when it comes to the law, is it not?

Gal 5:1 (NKJ) Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Gal 3:10 (NRS) All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

Gal 4:21 (NIV) Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

So clearly, to embrace old covenant tithing is a dangerous thing indeed, however popular.

But there is another problem as well, and that is in the understanding of what the tithe really is. To find this out, Acts 17:11's advice would lead an honest inquirer to Deut 14:22, if it could be found,  (Yes, I will explain.) The reality and fulfillment of the biblical tithe will likely shock a few, but is useful to understand in the new covenant.

The tithe is perhaps one of the most artificially twisted doctrines in the modern church. In fact, I detect a minor conspiracy. As evidence of this, please note that you will not find Deut 14:22 and the rest of the chapter--the largest single text in scripture concerning the tithe and its formal definition (it is even so headed in many versions)--in most Bible concordances. I have checked a dozen or so Bibles around the house here, and not one of them has this text listed under "tithe". Hmmm,

Here is a sample from the middle of the text of interest, but you ought to read the whole and in context--thus, I am deliberately leaving out the meat of it. I encourage you to stop now, go get your Bible, and read Deut 14:22 and onwards with your own eyes,

Here is a section giving specific instructions concerning "the tithe":

Deut 14:26 (NAS) "And you may spend the money for whatever your heart desires, for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice, you and your household."

As you can see, the Lord in the Old Testament Torah describes a very different practice of the tithe than what we moderns have been taught in our religious traditions of men.

For the Jews the tithe was a "party" (or feast, if you like) and was to be "consumed in the sight of the Lord". God's command to tithe includes consuming "whatever your heart desires", including "strong drink"! Imagine using up a tenth of your agricultural increase every year in a single party! Wasteful, extravagant, and flesh mortifying; yet God's clear command. With this Jewish (and historic) perspective, no wonder the prophet Malachi (3:8-11) asks: "How have we robbed from You, Lord, by not tithing?" If you understand the Jewish idea of party-tithing, you will appreciate his question. God commands His people to enjoy themselves by bringing the bounty together so that "There may be food in my house" and then feasting and enjoying themselves in His sight.

Beyond debunking modern misconceptions, understanding the tithe properly makes for a richer understanding of scripture. As you read Deuteronomy 14 and see the concepts of "throwing a feast", and "not forgetting the poor" and making sure to invite "the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows",  does this not have a familiar ring with teachings of Jesus? For yet another example, Moses wanted "to go the place our Lord has commanded" to,  guess what? The feast of Shavuot; to tithe (Ex 5:1), and this staged the basis of the ensuing conflict. Pharaoh said "OK, but only the men,  without the livestock,  at the place I [Pharaoh] choose, ," and Moses said, "No, we have to go to the place God selects,  with all."

Rom 15:4 (NIV) For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us,

Let us consider for a moment the spiritual meaning of the Old Covenant Law of the tithe. God commands the Jews to consume a tenth of the year's agricultural increase in festive and lavish celebration. Think about the ramifications of this in actual fact. A father might spend this much money on a wedding for many guests, but consider if everyone present were spending the same amount. Some reception, eh? It would be hard to figure out how to spend it all! The message is clear,  God wants His people to enjoy themselves in His presence. From a carnal point of view, it would seem better and more pragmatic to horde and/or save for a rainy day. Why should this money and wealth be wasted? While God does not discourage good planning, savings and thrift, it would seem that with the tithe He is also trying to get us to see how ephemeral this world is. "Go ahead and use it up before I burn it up," seems to be the message. "He who dies with the most hoarded,  loses!"

And Jesus says, "When you throw a feast [party], do not just invite those who can pay you back or help you share expenses. Rather,  do not forget the poor, " (Luke 14:13). Hmmm,  Sound familiar?

Jesus was accused of being a "winebibber" and glutton, and of associating with low-life people (Luke 7:34) while on earth.

"Use your mammon to buy friends for yourself in heavenly places, " (Luke 16:9)

I must return, unfortunately, to the conspiracy of deliberate collusion to maintain false "religious" notions and man-made traditions about the tithe. The pathological twist usually goes something like this. "The Bible speaks more about money than about prayer" (true). "Thus, my sermon today is on tithing, " (All wrong--about tithing--of course,  and a great leap from money (oft spoken of) to an emphasis on a subject largely absent from New Testament teaching--excepting a few (negative?) references in rebuke to the Pharisees or concerning the law.) And here we must be more sober-minded than we may like, and see the situation as it really is; for many of these preachers and teachers have been to seminary, have read the Bible (including Deuteronomy 14) many times, and so ostensibly know better. Perhaps it is time to recognize that the Holy Spirit was/is right and that there are "many false prophets" among us,  preferring the way of Balaam (a prophet for profit)--just as Jesus told us there would be.

Hey, the way of Balaam has paid off many a church mortgage!

Sin breeds even more sin,

2 Cor 2:17 (NIV) Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.

The New Testament--and the whole of scripture--encourages giving and offerings of many kinds, just as the Old Testament has other forms of tithing, taxation, and spoils-of-war sharing as well. Generosity is a personality trait of those who have been born from above. God has proven Himself rich and lavish in His grace and loving care towards us, and if we really have His life in us, then we will be like Him.

In fact, the New Testament teaching is much more radical than the paltry Old Testament tithe. We have an entire Bible study on Money posted--accurate to the proportionate emphasis on how money is spoken of in Scripture, at: http://www.acts17-11.com/money.html if you have not seen it already.

The verse that most sums up the New Testament teaching on giving is:

2 Cor 9:7 (NAS) Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.

This is a good one-verse answer to give to the tithing legalists spreading their leaven among us nowadays. And let us admit that there is something in us that hankers to be "under the law," even if just a little bit.

2 Cor 9:7 (NIV) Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

The verse is clear enough. Each one must give what the Holy Spirit has led him/her to in each and every situation with two conditions: never grudgingly, and never under manipulation (compulsion). It is impossible to imagine how legalistic adherence to the Old Testament tithe (and that woefully misunderstand!) could be compatible with this instruction.

The teaching of 2 Cor 9:7 is much more difficult than "rue and mint and cumin" at 10%. It is a John 3:8 sort of thing. There is no "law" about it (Gal 5:23b), this new wine will surely break the old wine skin. God wants us to give what He is asking now!

And this amount may be all, as in the case of Acts 5. God made a rather deadly point to underscore how serious He is about the new instruction of giving that was instituted in the New Covenant.

Heb 8:13 (NAS) When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Let us not, then, trifle with the form of things. The reality is here. Jesus is our Sabbath rest, our tithe feast, our Lamb of sacrifice, and our leader, example, and reason for sacrificial giving and living.

Tithing is no more appropriate for believers than killing a bull in our front yards next Saturday as an "offering" with the idea that "Hey, it is commanded in the Bible, isn't it?" (Isa 66:3). God has no interest in such (Ps 50:8-9,13) and to hanker after things like the tithe may well be an indication that we like the old wine better than the new (Luke 5:39).

Gal 5:9 (NRS) A little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough.

James 2:10 (NIV) For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

2 Cor 9:6-7 (NIV) Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

http://www.acts17-11.com
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by aol(m): 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2010
this is a dumb topic. . . . do you pay tithe urself?? u better check urself like you get your pocket pickd . . grin
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by jpworld(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
In every 37 people in China, there is 1 millionaire in USD, Chinese doesn't pay tithe. They don't go to Church, still they are becoming extremely rich everyday. In Naija in every 1million person, there is one 10 million naira rich person (67,000$) we go to church. We shout. Amen. We cast the demon. We pray hard, still we are becoming poor every day.

Since I stop going to church 10 years ago and think things on my own, without hoping on pray, pay your tithe the Lord will do it, I have become a better person in Life, and I have achieved what church goers tithe payers have not even dreamed of achieving.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by aktunde(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
The problems seems to come when after receiving the money from God I am reluctant to pay Him back 10% out of it.The sharing formula is God gives me 100%, out of it I give Him back 10% and the remaining 90% is mine.
I solved that problem.I told God to deduct His 10% from source since he is the one giving me the money in the first instance and I assume that whatever gets to me is my 90%. By so doing,I no longer run a risk of "robbing" God.

Though I am a Christian, yet I found it very difficult not to laugh at that. Just look at the wisdom of men! Well, I'm aware that in the last days, the wisdom of men would be so much beyond imagination. I see it on the innovations of men, and I see it in their rationalities too. Logically, you are right but  grin grin grin grin

10% from source, lol. Is God your Human Resources Manager, employer or accountant?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by JUO(m): 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
the money is been misused
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Mudley313: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
Benefits of Tithing 

Two men were shipwrecked near an island. When they landed ashore, one of them began screaming and yelling, “We’re going to die! We’re going to die! There’s no food! No water! We’re going to die!”

The second man leaned calmly against a palm tree.

When the first man saw how calm his friend was, he went crazy and shouted, “Don’t you understand?! We’re going to die!!”Undisturbed, the second man replied, “You don’t understand, I make $100,000 a week.”

Dumbfounded, the first man looked at him and asked, “What difference does that make?!? We’re on an island with no food and no water! We’re going to DIE!!!”

The second man answered, “You just don’t get it. I make $100,000 a week and I tithe ten percent on that $100,000 a week. Wherever I am, my pastor will be sure to find me!”

Offerings

Three boys are bragging about their dad. The first says: "when my dad writes something called a poem he gets like $100 for it." Says the second boy: "that's nothing! If my dad writes something called a song he get's like $200 for it." To which the third boy replies: "when my dad writes something called a sermon, after he's done reading it, it takes like eight people to collect all the money for it.

Where Your Treasure Is

A man died and went to heaven.  He was met at the Pearly Gates by St. Peter who led him down the golden streets.  They past mansions after beautiful mansions until they came to the end of the street where they stopped in front of a shack. The man asked St. Peter why he got a hut when there were so many mansions he could live in.  St. Peter replied, "I did the best with the money you sent us."

Good News, Bad News

A preacher announced from the pulpit," I have good news and bad news. The good news is we have enough money to retire the mortgage on the church."

A sigh of relief went through the congregation.

The preacher continued: "the bad news is: the money is still in your pocket."

A preacher announced from the pulpit," I have good news and bad news. The good news is we have enough money to retire the mortgage on the church."

A sigh of relief went through the congregation.

The preacher continued: "the bad news is: the money is still in your pocket."

[img]http://cyprusjourney.files./2010/08/pro-tithing.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by UyiIredia(m): 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ Don ' Mud' Mudley >>> quickly !!! go to your posts on 'Christians ! You have some work to put in for the Lord' >>> look at my reply & get yourself educated
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Kay17: 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2010
@ the Clown, if a portion of the bible is useless, why don't you tear it off since its considered extralegal
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by kellyhandsome(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
A christian should pay tithes.The payment of tithes had been even before the time of Moses when God gave his law to the nation of isreal.Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedec,that is Jesus Christ in his pre-human days(Gen.14:18-20;Heb.7:1-25;etc).Jesus christ did not condemn tithing.He commended it.(matt.23:23).God promised protection and abundance for those who paid tithes.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by joshelen(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
u that felt they are robbing thier pastor shud try and read Mal 3:8-11. what u give cud be spent by the pastor selfishly, yet u are rewarded for giving with the mind of giving unto the Lord. if u have a pastor u cant trust, pls dont stay under him, look for one u can trust. some people seem to be robbing the poor to get rich, but u wait and see God judge them. the bible said do not be weary of doing good, what is scriptural is good, so dont get weary because of greedy pastors.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by AZeD1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2010
People dont pay because thats the only thing carried over from the old testament, in d old testament, sabbath was on saturday, Jesus never changed it, but nobody complains.
ladies covering their hair and not wearing trousers is in d new testament, but no pastor talks about it.
@poster Y
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by anonimi: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
joshelen:

u that felt they are robbing thier pastor shud try and read Mal 3:8-11. what u give cud be spent by the pastor selfishly, yet u are rewarded for giving with the mind of giving unto the Lord. if u have a pastor u cant trust, pls dont stay under him, look for one u can trust. some people seem to be robbing the poor to get rich, but u wait and see God judge them. the bible said do not be weary of doing good, what is scriptural is good, so dont get weary because of greedy pastors.

before malachi 3 there was malachi 1
you can read especially verses 6-14 that talks about priests (pastors) being the ones robbing God by offering the worst part of tithes as sacrifices and burnt offerings to Him

6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? 7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the Lord is contemptible. 8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts. 9 And now, I pray you, beseech God [ that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the Lord of hosts. 10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand. 11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts. 12 But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the Lord is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible. 13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the Lord of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the Lord. 14 But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the Lord of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Emperoh(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
Just one simple way to pay your tithe;

Give to the poor or needy
OR
If you must give it to the church, go and find out from your pastor or priest what the church needs most
Use the money and buy such a thing and SECRETLY donate same tot he church.
That way, no pastor or priest will live off your money and you would have biblically fufilled your tithe functions!!!
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Misoki(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
Emperoh:

Just one simple way to pay your tithe;

Give to the poor or needy

Mal 3:10  "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, "

Is it Biblical to give the tithe to the poor or needy?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by poweredcom(m): 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
@Poster
Becos tithing is not a christian doctrine, it is a fraudulent manipulation of Old testament scripture being used to fleece christians today. The apostles who were mandated to established christianity NEVER preached tithing nor collected tithes. That aside there is no blessing attached to tithes as practised today neither is there any curse. It is obvious that a lot of non tithers are even far better off than so called tithers. If you study the sciptures well and you are trully a christian then you would know that you have no business engaging in such a ignorant a fruitless practise in the name of God. I would have written more there are more than enough writings on this fraudulent doctrine already written on this forum, if the OP has any specific questions to ask i would be more than willing to answer but i suggest he first does some biblical research on tithes starting with Deut 14:22-29

THANK YOU BROS JOR NO MIND DEM THEY READ THEY BIBLE INSIDE OUT
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Musiwa13: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
oludashmi , I understand you. You see , yes the university are not cheap. But it is for a short period of time. it is like the GSM phone. When it happen, it was expensive. Now it has become cheap.

The price of this university would go down.

Look even if it only muslim that goes there. It would drop.

To be honest with you, there are some nigeria churches who have 5 times Oyedepo members, but they have nothing to show for it.

Look I would be honest with you. It is better nigerian goes to nigerian churches in nigeria. That way it is easy for good church to do that. You see, when you look at the igbos, most igbo tend to go to non nigerian churches. And do you see those churches build universities for the igbos. No.  This is why Yorubas have tend to attend local nigeria churches.

I read somewhere Bishop  Oyedepo is planning to built another one in warri . This is how you would develop. r.  If nigerian had 100 Oyedepo who build universities. He would die and the building will be there for nex generation  to see.

Look I like to build a university too. if you give me free licence.(FREE)  amusiwa@hotmail.com
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by hugooh42(m): 4:49am On Oct 05, 2010
What is this retard talking about? I have seen that Niraland has been hijacked by juviniles who reason through their
shit holes.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by sarmy(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2010
[size=18pt]Some Christians hate to pay their Tithe because the weightier part of the law which is love and mercy is what Jesus required of them not tithe.

However, if Jesus' death and resurrection is of NO EFFECT and if his death and resurrection has not yet delivered christians from the curse of the law, Tithe is a MUST.
[/size]

See what Paul says in Gal 1:6
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the GRACE of Christ unto another gospel, which is not another but there be some that TROUBLE you and would pervert the GOSPEL OF CHRIST"

Gospel of Christ is Gospel of GRACE not LAW "pay tithe and be blessed or do not and be dammed" that is not a gospel of grace.

remain blessed
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by VALIDATOR: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2010

Validator says:
The problems seems to come when after receiving the money from God I am reluctant to pay Him back 10% out of it.The sharing formula is God gives me 100%, out of it I give Him back 10% and the remaining 90% is mine.
I solved that problem.I told God to deduct His 10% from source since he is the one giving me the money in the first instance and I assume that whatever gets to me is my 90%. By so doing,I no longer run a risk of "robbing" God.

aktunde:

Though I am a Christian, yet I found it very difficult not to laugh at that. Just look at the wisdom of men! Well, I'm aware that in the last days, the wisdom of men would be so much beyond imagination. I see it on the innovations of men, and I see it in their rationalities too. Logically, you are right but  grin grin grin grin

10% from source, lol. Is God your Human Resources Manager, employer or accountant?

@aktunde,
God has never complained since the time I started using that approach.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by KunleOshob(m): 9:26am On Oct 05, 2010
Misoki:

Mal 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, "

Is it Biblical to give the tithe to the poor or needy?

^^^
you obviously haven't been reading your bible very well or you are dependent on your pstor to read and interprete your bible for you. The verses below should answer your qestion.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29:

28 “At the end of every third year, bring the entire tithe of that year’s harvest and store it in the nearest town. 29 Give it to the Levites, who will receive no allotment of land among you, as well as to the foreigners living among you, the orphans, and the widows in your towns, so they can eat and be satisfied. Then the Lord your God will bless you in all your work.

Deuteronomy 12:11-12:
11 you must bring everything I command you—your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes, your sacred offerings, and your offerings to fulfill a vow—to the designated place of worship, the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to be honored.
12 “You must celebrate there in the presence of the Lord your God with your sons and daughters and all your servants. And remember to include the Levites who live in your towns, for they will receive no allotment of land among you.

Deuteronomy 26:12:

12 “Every third year you must offer a special tithe of your crops. In this year of the special tithe you must give your tithes to the Levites, foreigners, orphans, and widows, so that they will have enough to eat in your towns

Apart from the fact that as it is shown above that tithes is not the exclusive preserve of the levites [contrary to claims of fraudulent preachers] it is also meant for the poor and the needy. Also the above makes it glaring that tithes is not money from income but rather produce from the land of Israel.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2010
I thought giving this thing is illegal!  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life / Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.