Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? (14417 Views)

Why Do some Christians Hate The Old Testament / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Alwaystrue(f): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2010
I think the answer to all that we do here on earth is FAITH!
If you do not have faith and you do some 'good' works, its even considered as sin. Romans 14:23.
Therefore, whatever you do, do with faith.
You can do the most most 'christian' work without faith and that yields no reward.
So thats the way I see it.
The just shall live by his faith. Cheers
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by sleekymag(m): 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Kunle Oshob,

Thanks, much love bro. Keep the fire burning.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by sleekymag(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
Pastor AIO:

nobody forced anybody to read anything they don't like about tithes. They are free to browse other subjects. If they have strong points to contribute to the discussion such as making testimony of the benefits that they have received then by all means let them do so. However what we find is that all they are capable of doing is hurling insults and not point to any specific instances of tithing being beneficial.

At one point it got to the extent that people presented tables of the worlds 50 richest men and none of them could be said to be tithers. While all this is going on we find solid tithers like Eratic Akingblola being not only visited by the devourer, but it seems as if the devourer has moved into his home permanently.

Well, men like John D. Rockefeller, and J.C. Penney were tithers in their time. Rockefeller was a tither, and was the richest man in the world in his time. Even when his Standard Oil was faced with anti-trust laws and had to be dissolved into about 3 dozen oil companies, these companies have withstood the times and over 100 years later are still one of the largest companies in the world. Exxonmobil and Chevron are amongs these companies.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by sleekymag(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2010
for the Erastus Akingbola issue, it is not enough to pay tithes.You can't rob Peter to pay Paul, it is a taboo in God's eyes. So its not the question of tithes in this case, but of financial integrity, was he or was he not guilty of financial crimes?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by newmi(m): 1:25am On Nov 20, 2010
@Kay 17
l think you should rather not comment on issues that beggers your understanding. You know nothing of this God, otherwise if you did, you would have had a second thought perhaps before expressing your ignorance in saying the things you said on the 4th of Nov, 2010. God doesn't require the aid or support from any being and that includes humans. To be God means that He is the sole source and giver of life.

So perhaps next time kindly try to keep silent on issues you don't understand
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Olumogun: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2011
I am surprise at the style of all the arguments so far.

However I have BREAKING NEWS for everybody:

We all pay our TITHES!!!
If you do not pay it to God where it matters,
You will definitively pay it to the devil where you will even beg for it to be accepted.

So, if you believe in tithing = GOOD.
If you don't believe in tithing = FINE.

Whatever side you believed in has a reward.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by oluwabamis(m): 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2011
did jesus tithe?
did apostle paul tithe?

truth is that the MOGs will twist the bible in order to get ur 10% including pronounce a curse on you, when God did not curse you.
Abraham gave a tithe of things that were not his, and he never tithed again at least the bible did not record it.
Paul said that every child of God should set aside what he had purpose in his heart to give to God, not by compulsion, for god loves a cheerful giver,

God is not cursing anyone for not paying tithe, neither is he limiting ur blessing, nor cursing you.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by ugo2u(m): 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
this tithe issue have really gotten out of hand, if you don't want to then don't, simple, period end of story.

About Jesus, he tithed. do you think that those watch dogs of the pharisees and the scribes miss the oporunity to nail him if he didn't. and you think that He'll will pay taxes and not tithe, if He didn't then he would have gone against His word and He will no longer be God.

Nufff Said
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Hutchie(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
Tithing in the church today is a principle that is based upon false assertions. Such false assertions are evident in the original post by Misoki.

Malachi 3 was not a rebuke to the church but to Israel. Why wrench it out of its original context?
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by chiteny(m): 8:36am On Dec 23, 2011
Some born again christians do hate to pay their tithes though they are taught the blessings of Paying the tithes and the Curses of not paying. But still they do "rob" the Lord. Why is this so.

You asked a question, and these are the answers in the attached file. The answers are gotten from the bible as well. Hope you find it very very useful.

Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Hutchie(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2011
chitney,

The submission you attached has one small point which needs correcting. Under Question 5 you said the tithing was done yearly. This is not exactly true. In the seventh year there was to be a tithe fast where no tithing was done. The same applied to the jubilee year. This is why the tithe never equated to 10% of all gross income received.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by chiteny(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
Thanks for the point, but i would like a bible reference to it. I guess i would add a little comment saying that there was no tithing on the seventh year.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by tavon(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2011
because we believe that making money on earth is through hard work and building mansions in heaven is through salvation.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Hutchie(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2011
chiteny:

Thanks for the point, but i would like a bible reference to it. I guess i would add a little comment saying that there was no tithing on the seventh year.

Sorry I should have included the reference as well. This can be found in Leviticus 25:1-12.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by Toronto123: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2011
Me ooo, i don't pay nobody tithe. The 1/10th of my hard earn salary i try to give to my father and mother that train me through school . I give my money to food banks and the salvation army, at least i know what my money is being used for.
Once i go to a Nigerian church here and there talk bring your tithe or pay more than one offering, i don run ooo. I refuse to be a Zombie.
I like the way these pastors use bible scare tactic to blind their followers. where were them when my father was suffering to pay my school fees.
Re: Why Do Some Christians Hate To Pay Their Tithes? by BobUg28(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
Because tithes are supposed to be paid to God, and not to finance luxury lifestyles. So the reluctance to pay tithes is aimed at paying to particular people, not God.

All the nonsense we do, dancing around the place because we want to put N5000 into the offering bag in front of the church, where everyone can see does not glorify God. We do it to glorify ourselves, and to show that we have arrived. What Jesus commanded is that our gifts to God should be paid to the homeless people, beggars on the street and people in the most desperate need. People we see around us everyday.  This is a hard saying, but it is true. What is the point of going to church on Sunday and donating towards someones 2011 Lexus Jeep (Trust me, that is what he is saving the money for), when you leave the church and there are little children selling groundnut everywhere?
[/color][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" / Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.