Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Attention Banix Auto - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Attention Banix Auto (15312 Views)

Price Slash ! Price Slash !! Price Slash !!! @ Banix Autos 08035376690 / Very Sharp 2005 Toyota Sienna[tokunbo,full Option] @ Cheap Price Banix 017383301 / Sold!Sold! Reg 05 Toyota Camry[big Daddy] @ Cheap Price 1.470m Banix 08035376690 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2010
i am calling Banix of Banix Auto 2 come and prove his intergrity as a foremost Nairaland Auto dealer b4 we take it 2 d next level. why did u sell a car (eod) 2 a frnd who was recommended 2 u. d guy (being is first ride) trusted you because of d recommendation he received on dis site and 4rm ppl. Yet u sold a scrap to him 4 over 1.2m (hard earned money not yahoo). d guy bought d car 4rm u abt a month ago and has so far spent abt 300k. He has changed d upper and lower arm, tyriod, shaft, leakage, mid bearing, leakage, oil pump, ball joint and d car is still nt in shape. Pls kindly come and xplain b4 we take d issue up. I believe we av over stressed d need 4 our ppl including dealers 2 exhibit d highest sense of credibility and integrity when dealing with ppl. we need ur response. Thank you.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by cosemiha(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ poster: if you buy a naija used, you would have to spend some money, its just normal, thats why you should have a mechanic check the vehicle before you pay. moreso if the car is lagos used, lagos used cars have arm, camber, shaft issues cos of the potholes that lay abound, abuja used vehicles have issues of over-stretched mileage, enugu used u cars have issues of been over-used and recycled,
sometimes too, your mechanic could collect a tip from the dealer and stil sell out on you.
this comment i make as an onlooker who has been through the same scenario,
@ banix, for reputations sakes, respond and if possible give them some refund even if na 50k to shoulder the stormy period,
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
c_osemiha:

@ poster: if you buy a naija used, you would have to spend some money, its just normal, thats why you should have a mechanic check the vehicle before you pay. moreso if the car is lagos used, lagos used cars have arm, camber, shaft issues cos of the potholes that lay abound, abuja used vehicles have issues of over-stretched mileage, enugu used u cars have issues of been over-used and recycled,
sometimes too, your mechanic could collect a tip from the dealer and stil sell out on you.
this comment i make as an onlooker who has been through the same scenario,
@ banix, for reputations sakes, respond and if possible give them some refund even if na 50k to shoulder the stormy period,

I don't agree sir. so how does he define the 90-95 percent performance when the engine is as good as dead. I don't think it is normal for someone to spend almost 300k on car that the so called Nairaland dealer said it was okay. It is like taking advantage of someone who hasnt used a car before?

Please let Banix come and respond!
Re: Attention Banix Auto by cosemiha(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
ok oh!! chairman Banix, reputation gotta be maintained in herr,
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Consensus: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2010
Poster, the objective of your post sounds very biased and unreasonable. Your friend buy's a used car, not just a used car, a Nigerian used car?. Used cars are sold on "as is" "sold as seen" "buyer beware" basis. Threads like this are uneccesarily and uncalled for. A dealer has a duty of care towards his clients, but how was Banix to have known of these issues?, The car probably wasn't used by him personally, He more like was given to him by a third party to sell. Banix Autos deserves an apology.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2010
[quote author=Consensus link=topic=524026.msg6861656#msg6861656 date=1286023584
Poster, the objective of your post sounds very biased and unreasonable. Your friend buy's a used car, not just a used car, a Nigerian used car?. Used cars are sold on "as is" "sold as seen" "buyer beware" basis. Threads like this are uneccesarily and uncalled for. A dealer has a duty of care towards his clients, but how was Banix to have known of these issues?,  The car probably wasn't used by him personally,  He more like was given to him by a third party to sell.  Banix Autos deserves an apology.
[quote][/quote]

Please, we dont need pple like u in Nigeria who cannot be objective and constructive. I am sorry. Except ofcourse your were privy to the deal. I did not just breeze in here to tarnish his image. Wait until u hear his own side before we start thinking of who to apologise to. Even if it was sold to him by a third party that does not mean he should give us features and conditions that are not real? Why not disclose the real issues with the car before selling at that amount? 1.2m is not a small money.

I am sincerely not expecting you or anybody to take sides. Let banix come and say his own.

Thanks
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Dahny20: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2010
Poster, the objective of your post sounds very biased and unreasonable. Your friend buy's a used car, not just a used car, a Nigerian used car?. Used cars are sold on "as is" "sold as seen" "buyer beware" basis. Threads like this are uneccesarily and uncalled for. A dealer has a duty of care towards his clients, but how was Banix to have known of these issues?,  The car probably wasn't used by him personally,  He more like was given to him by a third party to sell.  Banix Autos deserves an apology.

Why declare a value for the condition of the vehicle he knows nothing about. If we start by
being insincere to ourselves here, I really wonder what is gouing to become of our great nairaland where as I
see must of the deals done here are strickly based on trust.

Infact I had recommended  one of those camrys you (Banix) advertised to a friend, with these development I have to call to the
to Back off or go on strictly at his own risk.

Banix it is up to you.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Tetleyauto(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nothing much to say here. It's a used car. Besides you should always come along with the best of your Auto Techs when buying any car. That's what i always advise people. Don't rely only on Vin checks which i dislike. Several accidents aren't reported hence you get no records about them. I prefer assessing a car physically then i can tell if it has an error or not. If you don't know about cars , always bring down someone whom you can always trust and rely on.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Poster
There are a few things I know that is done at Banix before you buy a vehicle; he usually would ask you to drive around Alausa in the vehicle you want and would also ask you to come with your mechanic (which in most cases is the downfall of most buyers - because those mechanics will drain you on your new ride). If your friend was given these options then I think he has to think very well to know where he went wrong.

From the list of things you wrote that your friend changed, it is clear that he got a mechanic that was playing with his purse while trying to find out where the problem is ( that can be very expensive).

Usually with used vehicles, there are a few things you need to work on ( used I mean foreign or naija used) but in most cases, the excitement of having a new ride gives a bad mechanic an advantage over the owner.

For instance, a mechanic I met at Kandid autos charged me 12k (workmanship only!) to service a ride I was buying from kandid and warned me that I must bring the ride latest the next day to his place before I can even think of using the air conditioner due to a "bad" fan clutch and told me it will cost me 45k (or else my engine will overheat). I got home and went online on a forum and checked the symptoms of the failed clutch and found out that the guy was putting me on - I have been using the AC for about 3 months now full blast without any issues at all.

I think your friend's problem was his mechanic. On the other hand, the car is Nigerian used and Im sure you know it takes a lot of patience to get those in very good shape or to one's taste except one is buying an outright toks.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by SUNNY45: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2010
I bought a babyboy some 3 months ago from Banix, i have since spent well over 300k in changing shaft, steering poer pump, kickstarter, shock absorber, solving overheating problem, changing hubs, repairing AC, changing engine seats and the likes, but of course, i have only myself to blame for this.

I have only leant one thing, "NEVER BUY A NIGERIAN USED CAR" They all have series of problems, so if u buy, u dont have to complain, just take it in good faith and move on.

I have since decided to use mine for a while and sell later, afterwards, it nothing than A BRAND NEW CAR, U cant blame Banix, MAN MUST CHOP OOOOO!!!
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Carshopper(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2010
Buying "Nigerian Used" cars r truly risky n we auto dealers are the ones who suffer a lot of hot when things go wrong. But we auto dealers shld also Note this: it is our duty to protect clients that r going to buy such "Nigerian Used" cars n its our duty to get all information frm previous owner on d specific problems the car has. It wldnt cost a thing to note tis problems n cover cost of repair vs cost of sale of car. If all this has been taking into consideration I think buying "Nigerian Used" cars will not generate a lot of heat. Note: even tokunbo cars hve been known to have problems to.

My own thots

1 Like

Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
It's all so strange. I think the key is the mechanic plus the choice of vehicle. I have bought registered vehicles and they are pretty cool.

I think if one would buy a naija used, then it should not be a Honda or a Japanese, they seem to have expiries from these testimonies, and they also seem to attract a lot of stupid mechanics too.

Sorry for y'all losses. Get a Beemer, an Audi or a Benz next time and forget all those diaper using autos.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by BizBooks(m): 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2010
@ Poster,

Have you or your friend contacted Banix? If not, that will be a good first step.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by gideonosa: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
this dey fear me ooooooo. i be wan go banix auto to go get registered car but with this am thinking more than twice ooooooo.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
There are some things done on trust. My friend trusted based on recommendation? But men! cant we av honest people in dis country? i so much av rgds 4 auto dealers on nairaland but why dnt ppl disclose d real issues wit d cars they are selling? if anybdy here knows banix, tell him 2 come and respond.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2010
@bizbook, yes he contact him 4rm d 2nd day he got d ride. d car developed fault wen he took it out d first time. just dis wk banix told him 2 come pay 4 anoda ride after which he will now help him 2 sell it.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
@onwan, i really appreciate ur responses but how do u explain a car dat was almost towed 4rm d 2nd day of purchase? d legs of d ride paved way in d same wk even b4 d mech touched it? i knw wat am talking abt bro.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
ayusman16:

@onwan, i really appreciate your responses but how do u explain a car dat was almost towed 4rm d 2nd day of purchase? d legs of d ride paved way in d same wk even b4 d mech touched it? i knw wat am talking abt bro.

That's my point; it's a naija used and our roads will half that fragile shaft and a good mechanic will advise you to have it fixed or changed on purchase and that should be like 5k for the two front or 1,500 for repairs of each side (depending on the condition). Also note that there are toks Japanese cars and even SUVs that have that problem (that same one).

Patience and a lot of research is what you need to buy any vehicle, new, used or toks.

BUT, before completely pulling out, that shaft will at least have given your friend some signs -especially at full turn on a test drive - and even you know that when buying a Honda, one of the major lemon factors is that sound at full turn - the shaft or the arms, even if a dealer is crooked enough to grease it, you will still feel it.

I think the bulk of the thing is with the buyer.

Just like you will wake up tomorrow and find your car jerking without notice, someone you sold it to this afternoon will think you sold him/her a lemon car.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by femmy2010(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
[b]I have recommended many of my clients that desire to buy a 9ja used vehicle to Banix Autos and they have gotten it and never had reason to complain.BUT as a 9ja used vehicle the possibilities of these faults cropping up after a short time is high and in most cases it isn't what the seller  can hide or prevent from surfacing till after a couple of weeks.
Secondly,the poster said the car was the buyer's first ride,do we not think he is been cowed by a dishonest mechanic ?
I remember when i got my very first car,a Tokunbo Golf 2(That is very maintenance and user friendly).It was always one story or the other by my mechanic and i had to keep parting with my hard to get money to replace parts with fathom faults.
It was when my Cousin that has used cars before me came to live with us that i cease to be the mu-mu of my coning mechanic.
I am almost sure if the said car was been used by a non first timer the probability of a recurring replacement of vehicular parts would be very minimal.
Like many have said before me.Nothing is wrong with buying a 9ja used vehicle but it is advisable to have your trusted(wish they could be) mechanic check it out for you before payment as that would avoid us any future tussle like the one in view.
Lastly,we should never cease to forget why a 9ja used vehicle buying price is lower than a its new and tokunbo counterparts- PEACE OF MIND.
[/b]
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2010
u guys want 2 tell me an experienced dealer like banix does nt knw d problems wit d car b4 selling? b4 u crucify d buyer, remember it ws based on recommendation and trust. d guy too gentle, others won't take it lightly like him. i hate dubious ppl, i dislike exploitation.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by felastikal: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
What car did the person buy from banix coz am about buying obe car from him aswell? so just need to be so sure b4 falling a victim?? coz am not gentle when it comes to dishonesty
Bleep
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
ayusman16:

@bizbook, yes he contact him 4rm d 2nd day he got d ride. d car developed fault wen he took it out d first time. just dis wk banix told him 2 come pay 4 anoda ride after which he will now help him 2 sell it.

Car develops faults barely 2 days into purchase, buyer spends over N300,000 yet car is still not driveable, dealer advises buyer to fork out for another car from him and enlist his help in getting rid of the problematic car . . .  undecided Did he really shocked

Again, the buyer is the one getting the blame for :-

*allegedly being a first time wet-behind-the-ears buyer
*buying a used naija car
*wrong choice of vehicle
*allowing his silly self to be railroaded by always dishonest criminal-minded mechanics
*car in that condition due to the deplorable condition of naija roads

and the excuses keep coming thick and fast cool

Same unpalatable way, the pre-order mess and Cotonou shenanigan was dealt with, and swept under the rug with the "BUYER you are on your own BEWARE MANTRA" undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Attention Banix Auto by donfidel(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
I only stand by what carshopper posted. There should be a need for full disclosure as far as it has to do with a naija-used vehicle. Moreso when the dealer came highly recommended.
We all have a name to protect especially in an online business.
We've heard testimonies of people seeing cars online on nairaland and paying for them without even test-driving it and there've been no issues arising from that.
Let's be honest in our dealings please,
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2010
I think we shld all learn 4rm dis, since d so called dealers ar not trustworthy then all potential buyers must take reliable mechanic 2 check d vehicle b4 paying. if possible make them 2 sign an agreement. i full of rage when i saw d state of d car dis mrng at d mech's place. na dis thing dey make one arrange person 4 police net.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by femmy2010(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
The right thing to do when buying a 9ja used car is to go with your mechanic to view the buy in view and when certified good then go for it.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
ayusman16:

i am calling Banix of Banix Auto 2 come and prove his intergrity as a foremost Nairaland Auto dealer b4 we take it 2 d next level. why did u sell a car (eod) 2 a frnd who was recommended 2 u. d guy (being is first ride) trusted you because of d recommendation he received on dis site and 4rm ppl. Yet u sold a scrap to him 4 over 1.2m (hard earned money not yahoo). d guy bought d car 4rm u abt a month ago and has so far spent abt 300k. He has changed d upper and lower arm, tyriod, shaft, leakage, mid bearing, leakage, oil pump, ball joint and d car is still nt in shape. Pls kindly come and xplain b4 we take d issue up. I believe we av over stressed d need 4 our ppl including dealers 2 exhibit d highest sense of credibility and integrity when dealing with ppl. we need your response. Thank you.

I don't think your opening post is fair. You say your friend bought a Nigerian used Honda Accord off Banix, and he's had issues. Why isn't he posting this himself, or rather, why hasn't he contacted Banix outside the forum, to resolve issues? Your thread's nothing short of mischievous and spiteful. So far, this is how I break down the parts that have required attention, according to you:

Suspension front upper arms: Wear and tear items.
Suspension front lower radius arms / ball joints: Wear and tear items.
Steering track rod ends: Wear and tear items.
Shaft: What shaft? There are over 100 in any modern car, so you need to be specific.

All suspension parts that incorporate swivel arms / ball joints are subject to wear, especially on a car as heavy as a Honda Accord. I run an Audi A4 3,0 V6 Quattro Avant, and all the mentioned parts, I replaced as a matter of course. Most used cars that are at least 5 years or older will require attention in these areas. This is the reason most warranty covers purchased will exclude any components that are subject to wear and tear, otherwise you'll be claiming for tyres!

The other items you've listed seem pretty vague:

Leakage: Where from?
Mid bearing: What's that? Middle of what? What does this bearing support?
Oil pump: What's wrong with it? What are the car's symptoms? Did your "friend's" mechanic say it's faulty, if so, how did he / she arrive at his conclusion?

Your definition of "scrap" must differ from that of a lot of people's. If the car was "scrap", why on earth didn't your "friend" spot it? Was he coerced into buying? It pays to choose your words carefully, when calling on a dealer, who allegedly sold a friend of yours a car, if you'd like him / her to be remotely reasonable about responding to you. This post should have been directed at him in private, and by the original buyer, not y[i]ou.[/i] Banix could well state he has no business discussing things with you, and he'd be very right. After all, you didn't buy a car off him, did you?

Just trying to get to grips with what's actually wrong with your friend's car, so he can get the help he may well need.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Consensus: 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ayusman, Read your response, and I really don't respect the fact that you don't accept or respect the fact that every one has the right to their views and opinions. This is a forum, where everyone has the right to anonymity and their opinions. Why would I be privy to a deal of someone I don't know? I only gave my honest opinion. Or did Banix take advantage of your friends innocence? I also wonder why Banix has'nt come forth to defend himself and this allegation, then you both can come to an amicable and mutually beneficial resolution.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2010
ayusman16:

I think we shld all learn 4rm dis, since d so called dealers ar not trustworthy then all potential buyers must take reliable mechanic 2 check d vehicle b4 paying. if possible make them 2 sign an agreement. i full of rage when i saw d state of d car dis mrng at d mech's place. na dis thing dey make one arrange person 4 police net.

Abeg you have said enough, no need to keep preaching to the gallery, heck you even contacted the Dealer who chose to remain nonchalant. Chalk it down to experience. By the way, how is one supposed to know whether a mechanic is reliable and not dodgy, are they supposed to be certified undecided

The only thing to learn from here is buyer beware because you are indeed on your own, its business as usual for these dealers lipsrsealed And you must be very nice to go via the Police cell route, when Army barrack still dey cool

BOTTOMLINE, ALL NAIRALAND DEALERS ARE INDIRECTLY TELLING YOU BUYERS - STUFF ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS AND ACCOLADE BEING HEAPED ON US, DON'T RELY ON YOUR TRUST IN US TO SEE YOU THROUGH, IF ANYTHING ADVERSE HAPPENS, YOU ARE STILL ON YOUR OWN cool FAIR ENOUGH, AND PROFFESSIONAL ENOUGH TOO lipsrsealed
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2010
Consensus:

Ayusman, Read your response, and I really don't respect the fact that you don't accept or respect the fact that every one has the right to their views and opinions. This is a forum, where everyone has the right to anonymity and their opinions. Why would I be privy to a deal of someone I don't know? I only gave my honest opinion. Or did Banix take advantage of your friends innocence? I also wonder why Banix has'nt come forth to defend himself and this allegation, then you both can come to an amicable and mutually beneficial resolution.

Wow, thank God there are still a few decent people left like Carshopper imbibed with that little-known thing called customer service, care and concern infused with commonsense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Attention Banix Auto by owohblow: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
It is clear the poster has an axe to grind with Banix.
A car had problem the very 2nd day after buying it and your friend has to wait till he was out N300k before voicing his pain?
Do you realize that many of the mechanics around are the real killer of our cars?
Note that even Honda Place would not sign an come back and take another car with you so be realistic
Re: Attention Banix Auto by cosemiha(m): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2010
with so much keen interest, i have read this thread and men, am i scared,
however as stated earlier, i had been subject to this kinda condition though not through nairaland,
the bottom line is that
1. the buyer was keen on buying a nigerian used car and hoped to get it in top shape similar to a fresh tokunbo veh.
2. he approaches a mechanic ( thats if the mech wasn't directed by Banix) who smells the naivity and decides that if this guy can spend 1.2 million, then he could as well buy brand new parts,
3. he then forwards a bill, compare and contrast please
    a. lower arms, N35,000 (new), N10,000 ( tokunbo)
     b. upper arms, N35,000( new), N12,000( tokunbo)
     c. tie-rod ends, complete set N35,000 (new), N12,000 (tokunbo)
d. stabilizer linkages, complete set (10k new, 4k tokunbo)
e. shaft, 40,000 ( new), 13,000 ( tokunbo)
f. oil pump, why, the engine should have knocked even before you left the gate, but , 25,000 new, 9,000 tokunbo

this totals up to about the 200k for new parts.
clearly i think the seller has the right to check these cars and get a guarantee from his own mechanic before onward transmission to the buyer for reputation's sake, but remember Naija used na naija used, it can never bethe same as, you knwo what i mean,
ver interetsing,
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
@siena, i respect u 2 much 2 want 2 trade words wit you but i understand ur point being a dealer urself. So i'll let it pass. why not ask banix 2 come and defend himself rather than take sides? @ busy-body, shld i take u serious?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Used 2001 Infiniti QX4 For Sale 1.5m (negotiable) / USED Benz CLS55 AMG..E200/E350..S550..ML63 AMG/ML350..GL450..C300/C350 / 9 inch HD Car Hanging Headrest DVD Player Entertainment System with game, etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.