Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Attention Banix Auto - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Attention Banix Auto (15310 Views)

Price Slash ! Price Slash !! Price Slash !!! @ Banix Autos 08035376690 / Very Sharp 2005 Toyota Sienna[tokunbo,full Option] @ Cheap Price Banix 017383301 / Sold!Sold! Reg 05 Toyota Camry[big Daddy] @ Cheap Price 1.470m Banix 08035376690 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
t0kunb0:

@ anybody
If banix had sold dis particular for say 700k and aye's friend had it resold almost immediately for 1.2m does banix have d right 2 ask 4 mor money from aye's friend cos he sold it so so cheap?
A considerable amount of money has been exhausted, yet goods obtained is still not fit for purpose. Again, the price you are going to pay for one car is not the same price i'd pay for the same car, so what gives undecided Besides how does this correlate to any issue on the ground, egbani e laja undecided undecided undecided

t0kunb0:

In summary:
Banix (definately)probably knew the TRUE state of d car however good or bad b4 purchase. He helpd someone else sell off d car. Aye's friend has raked up "300k" in repairs from various mechanics and car still doesn't work even after a "certified" checkup and test drivesssss prior 2 purchase

I have used a few cars in my time, i have engaged an hands on approach everytime any of my car develops a fault /gets repaired, if a friend's car develops any of the same fault as has previously happened to any of my cars, i can tell straightaway from the noise, the location where the fault is coming from, etc. I am not a car dealer, i am female, what stops a fully fledged car dealer from having this insight too, especially moreso that his neck and reputation is always constantly on the line undecided

If Banix didn't know about the poor state of the car, he would have mentioned albeit briefly that he was helping someone sell the car, his silence on this part is deafeningly loud lipsrsealed It doesn't help mattters for him and his fellow dealers, that the likes of Onwan are the ones coming out to say this and trying to place the sole blame at the foot of the mechanic. Like i have mentioned several times before, the Motor industry right from those at the head to those on the bottom rung, including dealers, middlemen, mechanics is littered with oil snakesmen, and people in the know, know enough to tread with caution, THIS IS A WELL KNOWN WORLDWIDE PHONOMENON lipsrsealed

t0kunb0:

What exactly do hope 2 achieve by opening dis thread?

Was it not on through this channel NL that they found the dealer? After waiting one month with nothing on the table from Banix apart from "come and buy another car from me and i will help you sell the faulty one, at least he has now grudgingly decided to communicate and bring a better offer to the table, hopefully undecided
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2010
ayusman16:

guys! dont think it is really fair if u put d whole blame on d mech, d seller is also very culpable.

Don't mind the bunch of doofuses, there is this dealer here Viperman who sells cars on here like them too, though he fixes the price of some of the cars and is unyielding when he comes to buyers negotiating for a discount and can be abrupt in his response when they try to barter the price down, one thing you cannot fault him for is his disclosure policies. If the car has a fault, not only does he list this fault but also goes out of his way to state the price it will cost to fix this too.

Isn't this more humane and reeks of class, than Onwan and his band of dealer fairweather friends who pours scorn on unsavvy buyers, calling them ignorant and blaming them for allowing the mechanics to take them for a ride, as if it is only in the motor trade that people don't pay the same price for the same thing undecided 

Onwan:

@Ayusman16
Like I told you on the phone, you also failed your friend by leaving him on the car thing knowing he has no clue on cars and it's his first.

You told me the same mechanic that certified the car told your friend the next day that the engine has "knocked" just because the car wouldnt start BUT you now called another mechanic, who only touched wires and the car started; these tells you the original mechanic had just one thing in mind - $$.

Why not finish the story undecided The car still broke down a few hours after the second mechanic patched it up ON THE SECOND DAY AFTER PURCHASE, SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR CAR, IF NOT THAT IT IS A JUNK undecided

Onwan:

And for Banix, I am still telling you it has nothing to do with him. Go to Owode, you will see accident and write-off salvage Hummer H2, H3, Touareg, Landcruisers going for millions, its up to you to bring your mechanic to buy as parts, for parts or for repairs, the seller puts it up, a buyer buys.

This is not Owode, this is Nairaland on the www, this is the digital age hence anyone who wants to trade here needs to be up to scratch on damage limitations protocol, we are more literate than the previous generation, we have had enough of the rot in the society, if we can't affect the putrid system of doing things in Naija, we can start here, the Dealer can be found culpable, if Banix doesn't like it on here, he is always welcome to go and set up shop in Owode amongst his kindred spirit and his kind cool

Onwan:

Like I told you on the phone, if Banix provided the mechanic, then I can tell you that he should bear the whole responsibility (and he would) but in a case where you brought your own mechanic and test drove the vehicle and certified it before driving it off, whatever is straight on you.

Potential buyers, una dey see wetin i dey see, AT BANIX AUTOS, THE CUSTOMER IS NOT KING, ITS EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF, SHINE YOUR EYES lipsrsealed

I see, no wonder PTconsult kept sending friends or using one of his other ID's to say that they told him not to come out to talk, no wonder. Little wonder the Country Nigerian has gone to te dogs undecided cool

Onwan:

Is it impossible that your friend (being his first car) did hit a bump or run over one that pulled the shaft off? - it happens everyday with those toys.
And in case you did not know, you can run into a bump in that Honda and it will affect your transmission (it happens with Toyota Camries too) - minor fix though.

I still maintain my point that you have to be well researched on your choice vehicle and have a mechanic (that will work under you) before you pay for a ride. Tokumbo, used or brand new.

Lets see if anything new is being brought to the table, nah its the same old tripe of buyer's misuse lipsrsealed A drowning rat clutching at straws comes to mind  undecided
Re: Attention Banix Auto by t0kunb0(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2010
@busy
I honestly always respected ur stand not only in dis case but in all cases u've bin involvd wif. As most tyms ur d only 1 on d side of d dealer. Personally I've got an issue wif a NL dealer wich outshadows dis case by miles, but I aint cumin here hittin out meanilessly. I'm not gonna justify Banix's nor Ayu's actions, but I'm only making comments based on what I see. I bliv a lot wld b achieved by communication btwn d buyer(ayu inclusiv) and dealer directly rather dan on NL. If that isn't yeilding results then dis is a vaible option(my 2cents)
Bac 2 d issue:
I've discoverd dat most buyers r over-zealous wen it cums 2 buyin ur own car(xpecially if its ur 1st & u fink u got a good deal) n dealers take advantage of dat a lot. Ayu's friend came wif a mechanic who certified d car was OK b4 purchase, its either d mechanic is super-quack or Banix did a super-job of hiding all these car faults, wich 1 is it?
If Banix finally refunds 1.5m(assuminly) 2 d buyer, he'll still put up dat same car up 4 sale 2 another buyer. Why shld a buyer spend 300k on a car n it still aint working wen it was fine wen it left d dearler's shop?
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2010
Nigeria will good again is my sincere prayer 4 dis great nation but it begins with you and I.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ogogo24(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2010
So, when will this car be taken to Banix's place for his inspection and way forward. I'm sure the owner (buyer) will never and ever buy a used car again cos e no easy o, 1.2M (excluding Mech expenses) and still no show.

Really feel for the guy. Good luck bro.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by gestapo(f): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2010
Oh, i guess they meant next wednesday the 13th of october cool

Signed

Cheers

G
Re: Attention Banix Auto by onezirozan: 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2010
What is the current state of the car?
Could banix get his mec to see the repair work going on?
Re: Attention Banix Auto by mcgboye(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2010
I've watched n read wit keen interest d claims, counterclaims and suggestions on dis thread. I dont have a car, so maybe my response wil border on d naive. HOWEVER, i've come to respect Banix cos of d way he advertises his stock, giving full description of d cars he's puttin up for sale. This case therefore calls for perspective. My idea is that only a brand new car wil have a "vehicle performance" of 100%. To say a used car (nigerian or tokunbo) is over 90% means d prospective buyer is buying a car he doesnt have to spend ANY dime on, except maybe to touch it to his own taste. But not in terms of performance. So imagine me buying a car for One naira, wit a 90+ performance, only to find out d next day that it isnt workin well. We may argue back and forth, but for d most part, car dealers owe it a duty of customer satisfaction and by saying ur car is working a 94%, u're dangerously puttin ur reputation on a thin line. Pls be more careful.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2010
Even some brand new vehicles are not 100%. The fact is that if someone is a total novice, the person should do some research before buying a car.

That is why there are such things called inspections and test drives.

I also think the buyer should have gotten a mechanic recommended by Banix upon purchase since he did not know about cars then he would have had a smooth purchase and would have been told what he would need to replace or repair before buying, that way he would have made up his mind on a real and it would have been Banix's business entirely.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by MrKelly: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
Busy_body:

@ NETOTSE,

Lemme take you through a short walk through history here, see history repeating itself Some of it makes for unpleasant reading, but all the same, enjoy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.0.html#msg5992753
According to Onwan, Police001 (aka violent) is posting trash to tarnish ptconsult's image.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.0.html#msg5992919
According to Onwan, Police001 is an a.s.s.w.i.p.e and a misfit

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.0.html#msg5993260
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.32.html#msg6003546
Even after linking Onwan to evidence, he still claimed that Ptconsult is not a scammer, and that the OP Police001 is a phoney hater. Even when shown evidence that Ptconsult had refused to speak up for over 2 weeks, his response was let the victim supply his bank account and the number he'd been calling Ptconsult on. That people should hold back on going to the Police until the victims showed concrete proof.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.64.html#msg6012837
And here is Onwan saying the victims need to apologise to PTconsult and calling the victims a fraud.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.64.html#msg6013012
And here is Onwan asking why nobody had been to the Police? Wasn't it him who said people should wait earlier?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.96.html#msg6014693
Post 106 on the thread, and Onwan says he doesn't blame PTconsult for not showing up, BECAUSE THE VICTIMS GAVE UP AFTER ONWAN KEPT ASKING THEM FOR EVIDENCES UPON EVIDENCES UPON EVIDENCES YET NEVER FOR ONCE ASKED PTCONSULT TO COME OUT AND DEFEND HIMSELF. SAD , REALLY SAD

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.96.html#msg6020827
HERE WE have Onwan giving nauseating authoritative reasons for why he thinks PTconsult had delayed delivering one of the victim's car - and his reason was PTconsult don't like to update customers every step of the way like Inspired_men, Fhemmy and German007, AS USUAL PROVIDING EXCUSES AND ALIBIS FOR PTCONSULT THE FRAUDSTER'S SHORTCOMINGS. SAME WAY HE WAS DEFENDING AGARIAUTOS AKA PTCONSULT, SAME THING HE IS DOING HERE, WITH SUPPORT FROM THE LIKES OF SIENA AND CO

And there is soooooooooo many other posts of Onwan along this same line, it makes one wonder that JuDGING on his stance on issues like this, is there a syndicate of fraudsters on Nairaland who are out to defraud buyers, i can't wrap my head around this, THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM, HOPE THE AUTOSECTION WOULD NOT BE THE SWAN SONG OF NAIRALAND AS A WHOLE. its curtain call for me and Nairaland as i bow and take my leave, HMMN, HUMAN BEING AND THE DESTRUCTIVE, INHILISTIC AND MALOVELENT PATH WE LIKE TO TOW, NIGERIANS I HAIL THEE, GOD DEY, I REST MY CASE.

@ Owan,
I have an impression that you are hired by these con men to do their dirty laundry. You know why? Because, I have waited for you to respond to the quoted, but it seems you are carefully avoiding that part. I might be wrong anyway, but we need an explanation here.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ahmedng: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2010
All i ve to say is that Banix should contact his customer and settle this because this thread could bring down your reputation the same way the site gave u fame among nairalanders.I was thinking and ready to contact you for one of your advertized car.but with this development either right or wrong.i ve totally withdrawn.and i am very sure this is same for so many prospective buyers.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by banix: 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2010
Finally the customer has brought the vehicle to our office on Saturday [for the first time after purchase] and he couldn’t point to what he has spent N300k on, also the buyer claims he doesn’t know anything about this post and even claims he did not tell any of his friend that he has spent that huge amount on his car. So I believe AYUSMAN is an AGENT from the DEVIL trying to ruin another man business. I think I need to let you know that Banix is a moving train that cannot be stopped by you or by whoever sent you.

Well for everybody that care to listen, Banix has seen the vehicle and I felt that more of the problem here is The DEVIL  AYUSMAN, who is just EXAGGERATING AND EXCALLATING issues that if ordinarily the buyer has come to the office could have been resolve without a third party hearing about it.

Please note that Banix is not aware of any issue on this car until Ayusman created this confusion on the net, which I believe should not be the first thing to do before contacting Banix. The only thing the customer complained is that the car refuse to start based on car security which I told him what to do and the car started [Remember It’s the customers first car and probably he is not used to these things] and by this time he has already contacted a mechanic that condemned the car and has told him to tow the car because he discovered that my customer is a novice.
Right now our mechanic is checking the car for him.
And for you Busy body YOU ARE BUSYBODY INDEED!!!
AYUSMAN AS FOR YOU; I LEAVE YOU IN THE HAND OF GOD
I rest my case.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2010
@Banix
Its good to know you have confirmed what I already suspected and actually know. Keep up the good work and deal as straight as you have been. Of course there are bound to be distractions BUT like you should know, empty barrels will always make the loudest babbling.

@Mr. Kelly
Your impression about me has never been important to me and never will be. Only a low-life would give a kcuf about what a fellow low-life thinks about him/her. This is me, Take it or jump off Bridge 3.

[s]Im of course, expecting another 20 lines of typing from a female who isnt getting it all at home and will be looking at taking out the frustration on males on nairaland.com[/s] cheesy
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2010
Oga Banix, i'll tell you for free that you brought all this bad publicity on yourself by,

a) Refusing to acknowledge this thread in good time
b) Advertising Nigerian Used Cars with the '99% Performance'. This is at worst a con, at best plain ridiculous.

Needless to say, the damage has already been done
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2010
banix:

Finally the customer has brought the vehicle to our office on Saturday [for the first time after purchase] and he couldn’t point to what he has spent N300k on,

How will a novice be able to pinpoint exactly what he has spent money on, on something he has no clue on too? If you had been honest and forthright in listing the fault of the car before selling, would the buyer have been running round like a headless chicken before undecided

banix:

also the buyer claims he doesn’t know anything about this post and even claims he did not tell any of his friend that he has spent that huge amount on his car.
So I believe AYUSMAN is an AGENT from the DEVIL trying to ruin another man business. I think I need to let you know that Banix is a moving train that cannot be stopped by you or by whoever sent you.

Ayusman referred the dude to either you or Nairaland and when he started having problem, naturally he gravitated towards Ayusman the link, and the fact that he told you another figure does not mean he did not lie to Ayusman. Ayusman also stated that his friend was reluctant to come on nairaland and this is either because he is a coward or he is one of those people that don't like stress/noise/attention, simple. The bottomline is that if Ayusman did not come to Nairaland to spill, you would have kept on ignoring the friend, shikena

banix:

Well for everybody that care to listen, Banix has seen the vehicle and I felt that more of the problem here is The DEVIL  AYUSMAN, who is just EXAGGERATING AND EXCALLATING issues that if ordinarily the buyer has come to the office could have been resolve without a third party hearing about it.
Please note that Banix is not aware of any issue on this car until Ayusman created this confusion on the net, which I believe should not be the first thing to do before contacting Banix. The only thing the customer complained is that the car refuse to start based on car security which I told him what to do and the car started [Remember It’s the customers first car and probably he is not used to these things] and by this time he has already contacted a mechanic that condemned the car and has told him to tow the car because he discovered that my customer is a novice.

Well, why have you since kept quiet about the statement you made that the car should be brought to you to help them sell it undecided You can pull the wool over everyone's eyes, but i was not born yesterday lipsrsealed If you did not say this, you would have denied it outrightly abeg, shior undecided What we just have here is a customer who will say anything to get his car fixed by you and he will deny ever knowiing Ayusman if you make that a condition.

banix:

Right now our mechanic is checking the car for him.

I thought you said the only problem was the security/immobiliser, wetin ya mechanic dey check undecided No need for an answer, i have read enough posts on this thread and a few others too and have now realised that buyers purchasing a naija used car would have to drop "something running into the lower 6 figure amount" to get the car into shape, so despite all your noise, your hand still nor dey clean and you can't pretend you didn't know the fault of this car before selling it. So until then, na hollow victory you dey celebrate, until you start doing the right thing and start stating the faults that needs rectifying in the cars you are selling cool

banix:

And for you Busy body YOU ARE BUSYBODY INDEED!!!

Wow, what a revelation of the century, surely this calls for a celebration and Sunny Ade is the only singer worthy to open the floor undecided Meanwhile would you like a cookie and a glass of milk to go with that, your mouth must be dry from all that  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2010
Onwan:

@Banix
Its good to know you have confirmed what I already suspected and actually know. Keep up the good work and deal as straight as you have been. Of course there are bound to be distractions BUT like you should know, empty barrels will always make the loudest babbling.

@Mr. Kelly
Your impression about me has never been important to me and never will be. Only a low-life would give a kcuf about what a fellow low-life thinks about him/her. This is me, Take it or jump off Bridge 3.

[s]Im of course, expecting another 20 lines of typing from a female who isnt getting it all at home and will be looking at taking out the frustration on males on nairaland.com[/s] cheesy

Whats that noise, i see, oh its that annoying mosquito again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

[s] Getting what from which home, i am doing fine by myself biko undecided Ya think i'm one of those desperado doormat Naija women who thinks marriage is a do or die affair and who would sell their soul to be married and Mrs Somebody at all cost undecided marriage ko, bondage ni, abeg free me jare cool [/s]

Onwan:

Even some brand new vehicles are not 100%. The fact is that if someone is a total novice, the person should do some research before buying a car.

That is why there are such things called inspections and test drives.

I also think the buyer should have gotten a mechanic recommended by Banix upon purchase since he did not know about cars then he would have had a smooth purchase and would have been told what he would need to replace or repair before buying, that way he would have made up his mind on a real and it would have been Banix's business entirely.

See you pipu confessing small small, you have been conversing with Banix since this thread hit the ground, hence reason you are aware the car banix sold wasn't 100%. But why can't you people do the decent thing and highlight these fault to potential buyers, instead of hoping they would pay the mechanic you recommended to tell them this same fault undecided I don't know where your priority lies, but it is deffo not with the buyers, as far as you are concerned, buyers can go and hang lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2010
t0kunb0:

@busy
I honestly always respected your stand not only in dis case but in all cases u've bin involvd wif. As most tyms your d only 1 on d side of d dealer. Personally I've got an issue wif a NL dealer wich outshadows dis case by miles, but I aint cumin here hittin out meanilessly. I'm not gonna justify Banix's nor Ayu's actions, but I'm only making comments based on what I see. I bliv a lot wld b achieved by communication btwn d buyer(ayu inclusiv) and dealer directly rather dan on NL. If that isn't yeilding results then dis is a vaible option(my 2cents)
Bac 2 d issue:
I've discoverd dat most buyers r over-zealous wen it cums 2 buyin your own car(xpecially if its your 1st & u fink u got a good deal) n dealers take advantage of dat a lot. Ayu's friend came wif a mechanic who certified d car was OK b4 purchase, its either d mechanic is super-quack or Banix did a super-job of hiding all these car faults, wich 1 is it?
If Banix finally refunds 1.5m(assuminly) 2 d buyer, he'll still put up dat same car up 4 sale 2 another buyer. Why shld a buyer spend 300k on a car n it still aint working wen it was fine wen it left d dearler's shop?

Yes i am always on the side of the Dealers, but you guys are not helping yourselves at all, you don't need people like Bizbooks to be screaming himself hoarse for the need for er . . . er . . . wetin that one dey tok say hin want sef cool tongue Yeah as i was saying, you guys don't realise what you have here and you are all standing by, watching it slip from your grasp, you guys are a part of history but you don't know it yet.

Allow reprobates and criminals to infiltrate your midst and watch everything fall down like a pack of card. Take the preorder section for instance, a few people got swindled, and this only happened because of the element of trust that had been established on this website gave those victims some level of false assurance that Nairaland community was a safe haven and not an offshot of Nigeria, yet what happened, the culprit was allowed to get away scotfree, most thanks to Onwan, whom people were scared to challenge because he is/was an elder and in Naija apparently what an elder says is final. AND WHAT YOU NEED TO REALISE IS THAT FOR EVERY HONEST AND UPRIGHT YOUTH LIKE YOU WHO WANTS TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, THEIR ARE THOSE LOW-LIFE USELESS SCUM OF THE SOCIETY WHO PREFERS EASY MONEY BY DOING YAHOO-YAHOO, ETC AND WOULD SELL THEIR OWN MOTHER IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, AND THEY ARE ALREADY AMONGST YOU IN THIS AUTOSECTION.

Again, someone wanted to complain about his experience at the hand of a Cotonue dealer here on NL, he was not given a chance, now Ayusman came here to plead his case for Banix to come out of hiding, he refused until the case had dragged for days undecided I joke around and tease people a lot on NL, I also flirt a lot and have about 70 e-husbands on NL, but when it is time to be serious, i struggle, but i can be a serious person, and one thing i have the ability to do is kill threads, if i don't want a thread to degenerate or escalate into a fight, it will not happen. The truth is, i have nothing against Banix,and if Onwan had not come into this thread, it would not have gone more than 2 pages, and as a matter of fact, i would have contacted Banix, but I hate bullies with a passion, and Onwan made me lose it, because those victims who lost over N2m to the preorder thingy still leaves a sore taste in my mouth because he was in the midst of it all and should have been held culpable cool angry

Besides, someone needs to start standing up for the buyers too, so i suggest you guys should take up Bizbooks on his offers to help you be the best you can be. Very soon those age-mate of Onwan who keeps clinging to power would recognise and embrace technology and Nigerians would have better and safe facilities to trade online, and guess where their reference would be? Guess where their first port of call would be? Autosection dealers on NL, so why destroy what you painstakingly built with your hands undecided

At the height of the pre-order saga, the Admin wanted to banish the Pre-order mode of business on NL, but i reasoned with him to open the preorder mess thread and throw it open into the house, and though i am disappointed about the lack of interest from the Preorder dealers, i am more dissapointed and sick with worry that Sean no longer talks to me cry He says he wants a divorce cry Please help me beg him not to divorce me yet cry We were not married for long and i signed a prenup meaning i don't get anything from the marriage cry All i have to do to get half his wealth is be married to him for 10 years cry See as Onwan don already dey yeye me say i nor get action man for house cry I know i have 69 other e-husbands, but i don't wanna lose Sean, he is a special case cheesy Abi you go console me by replacing him, and as a Tokunbo you go help me commot from this 4 walls of Yabaleft and travel to overseas to see the Queen of England cry cry cry
Re: Attention Banix Auto by netotse(m): 12:57am On Oct 11, 2010
@busybody
na wa o. . .apparently, nothing will make you believe that banix has any rights, first, it was one person that bought an EOD(not ayusman) that refered the buyer in question to banix.

the fact that the friend keeps denying knowledge of the existence of this thread could also mean that he's not aware of the stories ayusman has been telling here(ayusman refused to tell us the friend was not aware, he was equivocating)

banix says the friend denied spending anything close to that amount on the car, what does ayusman have to say about that?

banix says the initial problem with the car starting the next morning was due to the car security(by which time the friends mechanic had already condemned the car). I have personal experience with this kind of problem, someone didn't know where the security was for a car i used to drive and he sha found a way to start it by tampering with the security, the car has never recovered from it, the entire wiring for the ignition system had to be removed and re-done. This puts paid to the argument that the car spoilt the next day and highlights the complicity/inexperience of the buyers' mechanic.

banix denies knowledge of the car wahala before this saturday(you called him out on the 'bring it and i'll sell it for you' bit , lets see how he responds to that)

my issue with ayusman on this issue stems from the way he told his story, now we hear the 300k doesn't exist and we're finding out that the initial towing was due to the mechanics incompetence and the owners naivete.

and i noticed you said it took banix days to respond, it wasn't days, it was about 24 hours, and he said he contacted the people that had bought EODs from him before coming to post on NL. . .

@banix
na wa o, all this 'agent of the devil' meinene that you are doing here. . .you're making yourself sound like a frivolous person, ayusman started out seeking answers to some questions, granted he didn't get his facts right, but i dont think he was insulting(initially). . .by getting on the churchy tip, you're alienating ayusman, if he still apologizes then he'd really be a 'big' person(i think he's ok, but he just has bebeto tendencies).BTW being able to get your point across without resorting to insults or pontificating/broadcasting your religious preferences is in your best interests.

@ayusman
dont you think it's time to get your friend to come to this thread? what do you have to say about banix's claims? particularly the 300k, the security/towing-thingy and his not knowing about any issue other than the security thingy. . .feel free to equivocate, i dont have any stake in this matter.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by BizBooks(m): 1:03am On Oct 11, 2010
you don't need people like Bizbooks to be screaming himself hoarse for the need for er . . . er . . . wetin that one dey tok say hin want sef

For those who may not know what Busy Body was referring to in the quote above, here are some of the things I have called for in the recent past:

1. Requiring dealers in the Auto Section to be certified by the admin so we know who is who.

2. Splitting the auto section into 2 or 3 parts. In fact if this site belonged to me, I will actually split it into 4 sections namely:
 a. Tokunboh Section
 b. Nigeria Used Section
 c. Automotive Discussions
 d. Cotonoue Section
There is no doubt that the Auto Section has become a "Jack of all trade" of sorts. That's why it has become harder to manage. If we break it into smaller parts, the task will become easier.

3. Appointing an arbitrator who will hear complaints and make a ruling.

These ideas are explained in detail elsewhere on NL. You can find them by doing a search.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by netotse(m): 1:28am On Oct 11, 2010
tell us what u think about the matter instead of giving us your manifesto
Re: Attention Banix Auto by BizBooks(m): 1:38am On Oct 11, 2010
netotse:

You are unwittingly lending credence to my "manifesto". What I think does not matter as none of us has the authority to influence the outcome of this matter. If we do not learn from our mistakes and take corrective action, we will keep repeating them.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by netotse(m): 1:40am On Oct 11, 2010
naahhh. . .i was trying to decide whether to attack you or not. . . we're reasoning together here. . .for the precious few that are open to opinions, your sharing yours would count
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Busybody2(f): 1:52am On Oct 11, 2010
netotse:

netotse:

naahhh. . .i was trying to decide whether to attack you or not. . . we're reasoning together here. . .for the precious few that are open to opinions, your sharing yours would count

See why i suggested you borrowed my reading goggles Mr Goofy, he already responded at least twice, yet you are here asking for his response cool

Will be back to answer your other rant cool
Re: Attention Banix Auto by netotse(m): 2:00am On Oct 11, 2010
*sighing* his coming her to tell us about how the auto section needs an arbitrator or whatever has nothing to do with the issue on ground. . .that's my point. I want to know if he's for or against.

ehen? is there an embargo on using the word 'attack'? one of the meanings is transitive verb criticize somebody or something: to subject somebody or something to strong or vehement criticism
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

which is different from 'insult' which means among others transitive and intransitive verb be offensive to somebody: to say or do something rude or insensitive that offends somebody
Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by t0kunb0(m): 2:56am On Oct 11, 2010
Unfortunaetly most of d other dealers dat "obviously" see this thread kip quiet n don't interfere/advise (conflict of interest my ass) wich is kindda appauling. Moreso it's obvious both parties share a huge percentage of d blame. I don't care if d true buyer of d car's aware of d thread (or d figures) but wahts d way foward from here cos dis will serve as a reference 4 d nxt issue wif d nxt Nigerian used car that didn't go down well
@banix: a lot of pple r watchin n makin serious conclusions
@ayu: r u honestly speakin out d mind of ur friend as regards his decision on resolution et al?
@busy: lol, u said enuff already
@onwan: if u were ayu, what exactly wld u av done n hw wld u av done it (we all wanna learn)
@biz: NL isn't d "ideal/perfect" environmnt after all, lol
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2010
@People,
Didn't want to post anything until after the meeting with my friend and Banix. I don't think Banix is being truthful on what he posted. It is rather unfortunate that he decided to hide some of the facts.
1. Claiming that you were never contacted until recently about the issues of the car is the biggest lie anybody has told this year. Can you deny if a call was placed to you from the 2nd day of purchase?
2. Why didnt you tell the House that the ride was taken to the popular Automedics very close to LTV and it was diagnosed that the car has gear, shocks and suspension issues? But your own mech said there is no such issues with the ride? You test drove the ride few days ago, did you not confirm these issues with the car.
3. Can Banix also deny not knowing the mech prior to the inspection of the ride?
4. You also claimed in your earlier post that my friend told you he has spent only 80k on the ride so far? So how do you reconcile that with the parts that you confirmed that were changed?
5. If he hasnt spent close to 300k on the ride. Let Banix tell us how much my friend claimed to have spent? (Probably, we will know the difference between six and half-a-dozen)

My conclusion is that you know about the problems with the car and decided to sell it to my friend after conniving with the mech (That you've met before).

Call me the Devil's Advocate if you like (That does not make me one) if it can expose dubious dealers like you on this site.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2010
I think it's time for the real buyer to come online, IF there is anything that Banix has said that is not true.

From what Banix has been saying, it appears there is no proper communication and coordination between between the Ayusman16 and his friend. But I know that Banix would help him with a straight mechanic that will give him a fix and a decent bill.

@T0kumb0

I have spoken with Ayusman16, he is decent but just doesn't have a 3rd party view of the whole situation and the thread crowded him more.

You should also know that you can only be sure of your own conclusion on Banix and can't tell for anyone else. Banix Is a certified dealer and not a phone number/email only hustler. And I can even tell you straight that except you have bought a car from him, your opinion is for yourself. People will still buy from him. REGARDLESS.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2010
Onwan:

I think it's time for the real buyer to come online, IF there is anything that Banix has said that is not true.

From what Banix has been saying, it appears there is no proper communication and coordination between between the Ayusman16 and his friend. But I know that Banix would help him with a straight mechanic that will give him a fix and a decent bill.

@T0kumb0

I have spoken with Ayusman16, he is decent but just doesn't have a 3rd party view of the whole situation and the thread crowded him more.

You should also know that you can only be sure of your own conclusion on Banix and can't tell for anyone else. Banix Is a certified dealer and not a phone number/email only hustler. And I can even tell you straight that except you have bought a car from him, your opinion is for yourself. People will still buy from him. REGARDLESS.

Agreed! But they will now be more careful and won't fall prey just like my friend.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 9:04am On Oct 11, 2010
Like I said, it's all your own conclusion, my findings is that the real buyers don't make noise - just like in this case. It's mostly the empty barrels that make noise.

If anyone sees a car they like on nairaland.com, any other auto trade site or on the road side, no matter how fine or "clean" it is, they usually research and go with a competent/reliable mechanic OR push that responsibility to the dealer (so they can simply shift it off) before buying.

It's a normal practice and most importantly, people know that mechanics can either fix your car or put it in a condition that it will need a fix.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by netotse(m): 10:06am On Oct 11, 2010
@ayusman
now you're saying banix connived with the mechanic your friend brought to cheat your friend ehn?. . .let your friend come on NL himself and talk to us, i don tire for 3rd party yarns.

p.s. banix mentioned the 2nd day call, he said it was a security issue.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by ayusman16(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2010
which kind security issue? was he there? i was there bro. d point is, d ride is now with a mech nw dat banix recommended. let hope something gud comes out of this. My friend now says, banix has agreed 2 nw sell d ride 4 him after he (my friend) has fixed it.
Re: Attention Banix Auto by Onwan: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2010
Ayusman16
Let the real buyer come online, because he is calling you a liar - At least from what Banix has told us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Used 2001 Infiniti QX4 For Sale 1.5m (negotiable) / USED Benz CLS55 AMG..E200/E350..S550..ML63 AMG/ML350..GL450..C300/C350 / 9 inch HD Car Hanging Headrest DVD Player Entertainment System with game, etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.