Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. (10881 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Chima Okoro, Twitter User Who Predicted Abuja Attacks Deletes Account / "No, Mend is Not Terrorist a Group " - EU. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by opuro(m): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2010
no be M E N D
na B O K O H A R A M
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Kx: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2010
opuro:

no be M E N D
na B O K O H A R A M

When will OPC,aboki/bokoharam and Bakassi boys drop matchets, hoes, bow and arrow for BOMBS and AK47 cool cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by opuro(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2010
Kx:

When will OPC,aboki/bokoharam and Bakassi boys drop matchets, hoes, bow and arrow for BOMBS and AK47 cool cool
NNA NA G.E.J. you go ask that qwesion o
na him say he know who do am.
him say no be him bros for mend.
na im be say if no be him bros for mend, na ibb bros boko haram
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Abagworo(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2010
As the only realistic and detribalised Nigerians I think we should seek for a President of Igbo or Calabar origin.Governor Amaechi of Rivers State is a stronger,vibrant,youthful and charismatic leader who can negotiate with MEND and correct the ills of this our great Nation.Let us demand for Amaechi as our President come 2011.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2010
Abagworo:

As the only realistic and detribalised Nigerians I think we should seek for a President of Igbo or Calabar origin.Governor Amaechi of Rivers State is a stronger,vibrant,youthful and charismatic leader who can negotiate with MEND and correct the ills of this our great Nation.Let us demand for Amaechi as our President come 2011.
Sincerely, I think Amaechi will make a FINE PRESIDENT.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by opuro(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2010
any bodi for president but not this ogogoro drinker GEJ
any bodi for president but not the evil genius IBB
any bodi for president but not the bokoharam MB
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by CareTaker1(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2010
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan may have been a fool who came into prominence as insinuated in this forum. My take then is that if this assumed fool could come into this present prominence, then the rest of the forumites should anticipate becoming (like) him.

To some nameless little minds here, know that sponsored people do claim to be responsible for things they are ignorant of just to add to their assumed mischief, some enter into contracts in deception, some are not told the full implication of their mission, some are used, some are double-crossed et cetera.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by tshepiso(f): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2010
I strongly believe this is politics on the highest order and all this are plots to give our president Goodluck Jonathan a bad image.It even happen to South African president JACOB ZUMA.

The court date of a man held after deadly bombings in Nigeria has been postponed because of fears about his safety in custody, his lawyer said Monday.

Henry Okah is being held in a Johannesburg, South Africa, prison, but his lawyer, Rudi Krause, wants him separated from the general prison population for his safety, he said.

He is being charged under terrorism legislation, Krause said. Extradition has not been discussed, he added.

The prosecutor and police have applied for the hearing to be postponed to Tuesday morning, the lawyer said.

Okah is suspected of being an influential member of the group that took responsibility for the bombings that killed 12 people and injured 50 in Nigeria on Friday.

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, known as MEND, issued a statement Saturday saying it had given the Nigerian government advance warning.

The Nigerian Intelligence Service said Monday that nine people have been arrested and are being questioned in connection with the blasts Friday in the nation's capital, Abuja. Authorities are still seeking two men, identified as Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy, whom they accuse of being the "masterminds" of the plot.

But sources close to MEND told CNN that the two men are "not known to be MEND operatives or known to be active on the Niger Delta issue."

They also raised concerns about the nine other arrests, calling them an "attempt by the Nigerian government to be seen to act."

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed Andrew Azazi, his former chief of defense staff, to be the country's national security adviser in the wake of the bombings, Jonathan's office told CNN on Monday.

The attack came as the West African country celebrated 50 years of independence.

MEND blamed the government for the deaths.

"The irresponsible attitude of the government security forces is to blame for the loss of lives," the MEND statement said.

"The security forces were also warned one full hour to the first bomb blast ahead of the general alert sent to the media and told to steer the public from all parked cars which was not done," the statement continued.

Jonathan later called the action a terrorist attack that was designed to "disrupt" the anniversary, presidential spokesman Imo Niboro said. But he said it had nothing to do with Niger Delta issues or MEND.

MEND, which represents militants in the oil-rich Niger Delta, is an umbrella organization of several rebel groups. It has been battling the government for years over fairer distribution of the country's oil wealth.

MEND said Okah had been harassed by authorities in South Africa, where he lives, but denied his involvement.

"Okah has never been involved in any MEND operations but has always been blamed for every attack, which is strange to us," MEND's statement said.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by 9ijaMan: 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
tshepiso:

The Nigerian Intelligence Service said Monday that nine people have been arrested and are being questioned in connection with the blasts Friday in the nation's capital, Abuja. Authorities are still seeking two men, identified as Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy, whom they accuse of being the "masterminds" of the plot.

Shine ya eyes! Chima Orlu & Ben Jessy are figments of GEJ camp's imagination. These names were lifted from Facebook pages of innocent people who are living a normal life. As GEJ is Nigeria's Facebook president, I was not too shocked about them coming up with such names. GEJ has goofed every step of the way since the bombing on Friday. Has anyone heard a word yet from the IBB camp, that's the evil genius showing the calm mien which GEJ lacks.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by jamace(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
Please, bear this in mind any time you hear war and rumours of war in Nigeria:

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by cbjonstage(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2010
OUR LEADERS ARE BUNCH OF FOOLS

JUST BECAUSE THERE WAS A BOMB BLAST YOU CAUGHT ONE OR TWO PERSON OUT OF IMAGINATION BY THEIR SELFISH INTEREST AND GREED. THE MANNER IN WHICH CASES WERE FOLLOWED AGAINST HENRY OKAH IS AN UNFAIR ONE. WHAT IF ITS CHINA, GHANA / S/AFRICA IS MALTREATING A NIGERIAN THE WHOLE WORLD (APEX COURT) WILL HEAR IT

HOW MANY KIDNAPPERS HAVE THEY CAUGHT SINCE INCEPTION OF KIDNAPPING IN NIGERIA ?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by dejyx: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
Nice delibration. But it is becoming the case of the chicken and the eggs which came first. We should go a little spiritual. He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Whatsoever a mean soweth that also shall he reap. Dont worry guys in seven days the blood of those innocent fifteen shall give us a final conclusion to this puzzle.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Akanbiedu(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
jabbok:

Sincerely, I think Amaechi will make a FINE PRESIDENT.

I think so too. I just like the guy sha.

Jonathan is having problem not only because of zoning, but to an extent because of his personality, he's uninspiring.

Nobody knows what he (GEJ) stands for really. Nobody trusts such person in power. He appears to be a "we" versus "them" president to me.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Meristem: 4:54pm On Oct 08, 2010
From what I read here, nairalanders are the smartest Nigerians I 've ever met. Una well done. when I become president, my advisers will be picked from here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Convention: I’m Prepared To Work With Our New Officers – Jonathan / Nigeria Increases AFDB Rights Before Presidency Vote / Maxwell Opara: Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Sues DSS For Human Rights Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.