Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. (10879 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Chima Okoro, Twitter User Who Predicted Abuja Attacks Deletes Account / "No, Mend is Not Terrorist a Group " - EU. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
the nigerian government does not negotiate with terrorists - it makes excuses fr them

gej has always had a BIG problem with his utterances - he does not seem to know when to be silent - just the same as when he gave his interpretation of zoning , and his ban on football

he will soon respin it to renegade elements / breakaway factions in mend

the sad thing is , we will never get to the bottom of this

worse, mend's chief nl spokesman posted something somewhere about mend rearming.

this may just be the beginning of a new campaign of terror

of course, as always or 'leaders' will not be affected, they will simply order moe armored cars for themselves their families and girlfriends and their lives will continue as usual
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2010
i don,t understand this people oh! so up till now you still think mend are criminals, the fact that this group has made the nigerian establishment sit up, no other group ever in nigeria has been able to change the status quo and formula in the raping of nigeria, granted some of their methods may not be legal, but for christ sake rosa parks was arrested for sitting in the front of the bus!! every presidential aspirant whether GEJ or IBB will want mend on his side, obviously most of you do not know what is happening, but be patient more things will unfold soon.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed . Already , by holding brief for MEND , Jonathan is playing into the hands of political opponent who will be keen to highlight that Mr.President is a partisan leader who is wilfully eager to perjure himself , because he sees politics and region ahead of Nigeria,  by trying to exonerate MEND of wrongdoing when the group itself is happy to be held responsible for its own action. We saw how Jonathan acted partisanly in the Ogun State impeachment imbroglio recently and an image is forming , in the minds of Nigerians,  of a man who will play politics and gives in to bias when he should do what is best for Nigeria. Some response here is an indication of how poor the leaders and the led are in Nigeria. Jonathan , as a leader, performs this poorly yet those he leads still makes excuses for his inept action rather than understand that it will spell disaster for Nigeria !!!! Na wa OOOOOO !!! A politically desperate pronouncement is proclaimed as "smart" shocked shocked Mr.President should simply prove his mettle . If IBB, Gusau, Atiku or any other prominent politician is behind this then bring them to book promptly and spare us  the usual noise that is never matched with action !! You are the C in C of the Nigerian armed forces !!! Act like it and 'parade' suspects rather than make politically expedient noise and insinuation that makes it appear as if you are scared of certain people.

kai! i shake my head, bomb blow yesterday some one wants president to name names today, such naivety!!! but of cos it,s NL
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Gbawe: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2010
oyb:

the nigerian government does not negotiate with terrorists - it makes excuses fr them
gej has always had a BIG problem with his utterances - he does not seem to know when to be silent - just the same as when he gave his interpretation of zoning , and his ban on football

he will soon respin it to renegade elements / breakaway factions in mend

the sad thing is , we will never get to the bottom of this

worse, mend's chief nl spokesman posted something somewhere about mend rearming.

this may just be the beginning of a new campaign of terror

of course, as always or 'leaders' will not be affected, they will simply order moe armored cars for themselves their families and girlfriends and their lives will continue as usual

It seems as if it is only Jonathan and his highly inept advisors who do not understand how Mr. President has shot himself in the foot with this desperate pronouncement that reeks of an inept and ill-advised attempt at damage limitation.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

i don,t understand this people oh! so up till now you still think mend are criminals, the fact that this group has made the nigerian establishment sit up, no other group ever in nigeria has been able to change the status quo and formula in the despoiling of nigeria, granted some of their methods may not be legal, but for christ sake rosa parks was arrested for sitting in the front of the bus!! every presidential aspirant whether GEJ or IBB will want mend on his side, obviously most of you do not know what is happening, but be patient more things will unfold soon.

We should also thank MEND for the many kiddnappings in the East today and the many innocent lives that were lost yesterday (NO big-time POLITICIANS, not even those in the ND areas who continued to embezzled by the millions of pounds, annihilated to this day by this MEND oo) right? WOOHOO!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by soldee: 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2010
What business does the Number 1 Citizen have calling Niger Deltans 'MY PEOPLE'??!! Does he even realise that  as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria he is 1st a Nigerian before being a Tribal Warlord?!!

What kind of President under pressure abandons 'FELLOW NIGERIANS' for 'MY PEOPLE'! - I AM FROM NIGER DELTA!! Have we even ever had a President or Head of State spinnig his local affiliations in the face of a national fiasco?

He evn proclaimed on National TV that MEND IS NOT A TERRORIST GROUP after they bombed your dignity to shreds, GEJ!!

This fisherman tactics wont do at all. Not at all. Very embarazing, haba!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by nduchucks: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2010
GEJ has his head buried in the sand like a rakumin dajij. He is on a dangerous path of equating the agitation of the ND people with MEND's terrorist acts.  The MEND formed the aaron team in 2009 to negotiate with the government. Members of the aaron team includes Wole Soyinka.

MEND has since shown its true colours with the killing of innocent Nigerians, yet GEJ does not want to admit that they are terrorists - I suppose he'll eventually claim that rogue elements of MEND carried out the attack.

It is no wonder that Wole Soyinka threatens To Withdraw his MEND Membership as an observer because of what he claims are unbecoming activities of MEND. Hear Soyinka:

I am going to announce publicly today that I am going to resign with a week notice from being an observer because the parties involved are quite insincere but there is some foot dragging one way or the other. I am a very impatient kind of person and I have seen some foot dragging.

“So, I am going to tell MEND that look, if within a week, you have not made up your minds, I am pulling out as an observer because I hate to see a wasted opportunity. If I don’t see discernable motions, my message to the people in the creeks, I am pulling out as an observer.”

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

i don,t understand this people oh! so up till now you still think mend are criminals, the fact that this group has made the nigerian establishment sit up, no other group ever in nigeria has been able to change the status quo and formula in the despoiling of nigeria, granted some of their methods may not be legal, but for christ sake rosa parks was arrested for sitting in the front of the bus!! every presidential aspirant whether GEJ or IBB will want mend on his side, obviously most of you do not know what is happening, but be patient more things will unfold soon.

amazing. that you can try to compare the civil rights movement - nonviolent protest with the actions of a gang of political enforcers turned freelancers
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by sbeezy8: 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2010
MEND are criminals to most Nigerians outside the ND and thats what matters-

[size=13pt]Point blank Gej cannot be president and thinking because hes from the Niger delta a militant group wont try anything . Even if it wasnt the purpose of MEND to kill or bomb abuja Im sure their are factions of MEND  or MILITANT affiliates of MEND who were paid by Jonathans opponents to do it.

and that makes MEND equally guilty- Nigerians and the world Will not differentiate between what factions of MEND OR MILITANTS ar genuine and which are just crminals hiding under the MEND name- It doesnt work like that[/size]

Once you are a militant - you are branded with the same name as other militants who are paid by corrupt govt officials.- Nigerian outside the Niger delta dont care who is a good militant and who is a bad One.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2010
how is it that gej continues to fk up every opportunity he has to show leadership ?  undecided undecided

this is what happens when your ascension is based on luck and nothing else

sad  undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Gbawe: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

kai! i shake my head, bomb blow yesterday some one wants president to name names today, such naivety!!! but of cos it,s NL

Who is asking him to name anyone? It should be clear that I am saying Jonathan , if he is resolute and unafraid, should work behind the scene , bring culprits to book ASAP and parade them for Nigerians to see before he begins exonerating anyone of guilt even as we have a clear case of "crime and confession".  The fans of Jonathan have bored us to death by telling us he is a "silent achiever" . Why is he so loquacious all of a sudden? Why not work "silently" to expose those who are responsible , if he feels it is not MEND, even as the militant organisation has taken credit for yesterdays attack? If MEND did not do this then Jonathan should prove it because it seems as if he is not on top of things , as the Cin C of the armed forces, when he begins to talk about conspiracies. That is the domain of Internet talk forums . A serious President must not engage in such speculative talks. he shouls speak publicly with authority, assurance and facts.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by sbeezy8: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
[size=14pt]Major-General Aguiyi Ironsi = Goodluck Ebele Jonathan[/size]

all over again.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2010
Gbawe:

Who is asking him to name anyone? It should be clear that I am saying Jonathan , if he is resolute and unafraid, should work behind the scene , bring culprits to book ASAP and parade them for Nigerians to see before he begins exonerating anyone of guilt even as we have a clear case of "crime and confession".  The fans of Jonathan have bored us to death by telling us he is a "silent achiever" . Why is he so loquacious all of a sudden? Why not work "silently" to expose those who are responsible , if he feels it is not MEND, even as the militant organisation has taken credit for yesterdays attack? If MEND did not do this then Jonathan should prove it because it seems as if he is not on top of things , as the Cin C of the armed forces, when he begins to talk about conspiracies. That is the domain of Internet talk forums . A serious President must not engage in such speculative talks. he shouls speak publicly[/b]with authority, assurance and [b]facts.

that is it

the moment you start talking op, you diminish the office of the presidency. one cannot trust the word of the number 1 citizen.

it would have been better for the nsa to say this. though if that had happened we  would be calling for his resignation
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by texazzpete(m): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

Perhaps if a family member of yours was among the people killed yesterday, you would not be too hasty in your defence of MEND.
Children selling Pure water were among the dead. Oya, you go and visit their parents and tell them that their kids were killed in support of the ND struggle.

I agree with Kobojunkie in this one. Ever noticed how MEND go out of their way not to harm the greedy politicians they claim they are fighting?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
sbeezy8:

[size=13pt]Point blank Gej cannot be president and thinking because hes from the Niger delta a militant group wont try anything . Even if it wasnt the purpose of MEND to kill or bomb abuja Im sure their are factions of MEND  or MILITANT affiliates of MEND who were paid by Jonathans opponents to do it.

and that makes MEND equally guilty- Nigerians and the world Will not differentiate between what factions of MEND OR MILITANTS ar genuine and which are just crminals hiding under the MEND name- It doesnt work like that[/size]

Once you are a militant - you are branded with the same name as other militants who are paid by corrupt govt officials.- Nigerian outside the Niger delta dont care who is a good militant and who is a bad One.
brilliant post !
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Ehoi: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
MShittu:

But the thing is Goodluck didn't do that. He just went all out and said 'They didn't do it'. It would have been better if he had said 'We will discuss this matter with them and punish the individuals responsible for this atrocity'. But he gave them the green light and now they have virtually been given permission to go around bombing everywhere they feel like just because they know GEJ wont react positively.
GEJ said they were used as pawns which indicates that though they did it, the mastermind were other people.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
oyb:

amazing. that you can try to compare the civil rights movement - nonviolent protest with the actions of a gang of political enforcers turned freelancers

if you think it was only the non violent movement that got black america where it is today, then i am sorry, obviously you do not know the contributions of nation of islam, malcolm x, the black panther, etc,  continue.  your children children will know the truth sha.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by lannre(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2010
presidential permutation . so he know the actors. he should arrest them and stop talking
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

if you think it was only the non violent movement that got black america where it is today, then i am sorry, obviously you do not know the contributions of nation of islam, malcolm x, the black panther, etc,  continue.  your children children will know the truth sha.  

i deliberately did not mention the black panthers

read up on history - the bloods and crips gangs in the us have their roots in the black panthers

the nation of islam assassinated Malcolm x when he split from them after becoming disillusioned with their doctrine and the hypocrisy of elijah muhammed.
listen to the music of ice cube in the early 90s when he was with the nation of Islam - all those fellows do is teach hardcore hate

try again
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Ehoi: 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

brilliant post !
sbeezy8:

Its very easy for us to sit in our rooms and separate things between black and white.
The reality on the ground is that many things are neither black or white. It is this reality GEJ faces daily. You cannot cut off the hand that feeds the whole nation. The truth is, MEND have the ability to cripple  Nigeria within a month.
Ask people around the late Yardua government what was happening before Yaradua halted all further military intervention against the militant and opted to do amnesty instead. Nigeria was going to grind to a halt within weeks if the militants didn't stop blowing up oil facilities. There was great panic in the government circle which prompted the government to start sending presidential jets to delta and river state to pick up militants for dialogue. These were the same militants the same government were calling terrorist only a few weeks before. Only those who wear the shoe knows where it hurts. I believe GEJ know the repercussion of an irrational engagement with MEND more than any of us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ehoi:

Its very easy for us to sit in our rooms and separate things between black and white.
The reality on the ground is that many things are neither black or white. It is this reality GEJ faces daily. You cannot cut off the hand that feeds the whole nation. The truth is, MEND have the ability to cripple  Nigeria within a month.
Ask people around the late Yardua government what was happening before Yaradua halted all further military intervention against the militant and opted to do amnesty instead. Nigeria was going to grind to a halt within weeks if the militants didn't stop blowing up oil facilities. There was great panic in the government circle which prompted the government to start sending presidential jets to delta and river state to pick up militants for dialogue. These were the same militants the same government were calling terrorist only a few weeks before. Only those who wear the shoe knows where it hurts. I believe GEJ know the repercussion of an irrational engagement with MEND more than any of us.

you can see where negotiating with terrorist has taken us . another six kids have been kidnapped in aba
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
interesting. GEJ seems to be begging these guys not to derail his presidential ambition.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Ehoi: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
soldee:

What business does the Number 1 Citizen have calling Niger Deltans 'MY PEOPLE'??!! Does he even realise that  as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria he is 1st a Nigerian before being a Tribal Warlord?!!

What kind of President under pressure abandons 'FELLOW NIGERIANS' for 'MY PEOPLE'! - I AM FROM NIGER DELTA!! Have we even ever had a President or Head of State spinnig his local affiliations in the face of a national fiasco?

He evn proclaimed on National TV that MEND IS NOT A TERRORIST GROUP after they bombed your dignity to shreds, GEJ!!

This fisherman tactics wont do at all. Not at all. Very embarazing, haba!

If you know the threat this MEND poses, you won't be saying this.
MEND have nigeria in the balls. If calling them "MY PEOPLE" is what it takes to keep us in peace and in one piece, I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2010
df2006:

if you think it was only the[b] non violent movement that got black america [/b] where it is today, then i am sorry, obviously you do not know the contributions of nation of islam, malcolm x, the black panther, etc,  continue.  your children children will know the truth sha.  

If you go back in history, you will note that even those the violent elements did exist, they cannot directly claim that they had a hand in bringing black america forward.  By the way, when it comes to Nigeria, I am not adverse to applying violence, only problem here with your MEND and co, the politicians NEVER seem to be affected in any direct way. I just think your MEND has some serious explaining to the country if we are to believe that group is some freedom fighter group. How come they seem very good at killing civilians but somehow never even graze the politicians whom they claim to be against?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2010
oyb:

you can see where negotiating with terrorist has taken us . another six kids have been kidnapped in aba

Which makes me wonder why folks like you then turn around and argue that America shld negotiate with the Taliban or Israel shld negotiate with HAMAS. I'd rather they just blow them out of this world just like you suggest the army does to MEND. Hypocrite.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Ehoi: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
oyb:

You are deliberately mixing issues.
If we had negotiated with Asari militant group then, there would be no MEND today.
But instead we chose your option but alas, we are all suffering the repercussion today.
Even Britain had to negotiate with the IRA.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
sbeezy8:

which is why i dont take much of the hyperventilating here seriously. We are a nation of cowards and hypocrites. MEND are just a bunch of criminals to us because we have never had to endure armed attacks destroying an entire village neither do we have to endure excruciating poverty while oil wells are being dug right in your backyard. You know we can go ahead and enjoy oil money not caring what happens to those on whose lands the oil is drilled.

I doubt MEND cares what you think either.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ehoi:

If we had negotiated with Asari militant group then, there would be no MEND today.
But instead we chose your option but alas, we are all suffering the repercussion today.

But we already negotiated with MEND. . .  we gave them free monthly allowances, free education etc. Is this what you mean when you say we ought to be involved in this?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ehoi:

Dont mind the disgusting hypocrite. Before there was MEND there was Saro Wiwa . . . guess what we did to him.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2010
texazzpete:

Perhaps if a family member of yours was among the people killed yesterday, you would not be too hasty in your defence of MEND.
Children selling Pure water were among the dead. Oya, you go and visit their parents and tell them that their kids were killed in support of the ND struggle.

I agree with Kobojunkie in this one. Ever noticed how MEND go out of their way not to harm the greedy politicians they claim they are fighting?

texaz this thing has gone beyond my papa my mama, the state nigeria is now, even if there was no mend there will be other groups agitating for one thing or the other, it could have been me or you there, you want to count the no of needless deaths nigerians die every day infact one notorious porthhole in lagos ibadan exp rd left unattended since, has claimed more lives than all the militant group joined together, boko haram is gearing up for action up north, yawa don gas!! things have to change, if not militancy every where, you heard of the sec sch students that burnt their sch because they failed their exams, all this are a fall out of failure of the nigerian leadership, period.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Ehoi: 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

interesting. GEJ seems to be begging these guys not to derail his presidential ambition.
I think he is calming them to allow him sort things out when he becomes the president.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Ehoi: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But we already negotiated with MEND. . . we gave them free monthly allowances, free education etc. Is this what you mean when you say we ought to be involved in this?
cheesy My sister you are quite funny. From the unset, MEND have clearly stated what they want and it is not amnesty or allowance. It amazes me when I still see people asking "what do they want again?". Its because many of us have not been paying enough attention. For the records, their main agitation is for devolution of power, self determination and resources control. That is the reason why Wole Soyinka supports them in principle because what they want is exactly what the progressives have been asking for.

Its funny because what MEND want is exactly what the western region have been asking for. Its also what the eastern region need to sustanable growth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Jumia Alhassan Exposed - Minister To Be / Pensioners Take Over Niger Assembly As Spokesperson Collapses (pic) / Judging Willie Obiano And His Footprint On Infrastructure Transcends Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.