Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. (10880 Views)

APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio / Chima Okoro, Twitter User Who Predicted Abuja Attacks Deletes Account / "No, Mend is Not Terrorist a Group " - EU. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by jonabee(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2010
Abuja blasts: Ex-militants storm Abuja today
From MODESTUS CHUKWULAKA, Abuja
Monday, October 04, 2010

•Mr. Timi Alaibe
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Leaders of the former Niger Delta militia groups will storm Abuja today to denounce the October 1 bomb blast that left many people dead in Abuja, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr. Timi Alaibe, said yesterday in Abuja.

We talk as if we dont know the country we are in? Any desperate aspirant can do any thing including taking innocent lives like they did years past with numerous bomb blasts and plane crashes suspected to be perpetrated by these miscreants in leadership guise.

GEJ as the CHief Security Officer and a man of very few words cannot absolve MEND if he is not well informed. The truth will be known sooner or later.

Some aspirants wagging their tongues on this issue are not qualified to talk at all, Is it the Dele Giwa bomb blast, Abiola death, Kudirat etc etc whose report are still fraught in secrecy that we are talking about. I believe GEJ is better than all of them. At worst, he can only be like them IBB, Buhari, Atiku, We need a change and a paradigm drift. We can no longer be deceived QED
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by dozymars(m): 11:45am On Oct 04, 2010
NIGERIANS WILL NEVER SEIZE TO AMAZE ME!
I can see that Jonathan detractors have succeeded in distracting so many of you in Nairaland.
cant u see this bombing was done to distract the govt and can only be done by his political rivals.
Mend are his country men and they would not involve themselves in things that will undermine their chances of their continuous stay in power especially at this critical time.
This act can be perpetrated under the disguise of MEND to cause hatred for Jonathan thereby losing his chances of becoming the next President of Nigeria.
You guys should think, Use your brains.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by BabaO2: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2010
IBB sponsored the bombers, reason why he was not at the independence anniversary celeberation
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by dozymars(m): 11:56am On Oct 04, 2010
NAIRLANDERS BEWARE!!!!

There are sponsored writers on this tread that have been instructed to castigate GEJ Administration.

Be wise. The greatness of Your Beloved Country Nigeria would not come without distractions.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by JimmyBoy1: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2010
Obviously, our president still needs to be tutored on several things that are expected from a president, we know he does not belong to the lineage of those who are responsible for hour present state. He had to paddle a canoe to one dilapidated school.

Therefore we will forgive him for all these things, everything shows that he is one of us, I mean the main street Nigerians. Our problems as a nation do not need expertise of a Rocket Scientist to solve. They are basically common sense issues, what we just need is sincerity or call it WILL.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by opribo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2010
Since he knows the bombers let him name them. Some persons are claiming responsibility and he says they are not then maybe he knows the people behind this shameful act let him go after them otherwise the police should arrest him for withholding security information.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by jonabee(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
Abuja blasts: Ex-militants storm Abuja today
Monday, October 04, 2010

•Mr. Timi Alaibe
Leaders of the former Niger Delta militia groups will storm Abuja today to denounce the October 1 bomb blast that left many people dead in Abuja, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr. Timi Alaibe, said yesterday in Abuja. Assert  from Nigerian Daily.

We talk as if we dont know the country we are in? Any desperate aspirant can do any thing including taking innocent lives like they did years past with numerous bomb blasts and plane crashes suspected to be perpetrated by these miscreants in leadership guise.  

GEJ as the CHief Security Officer and a man of very few words cannot absolve MEND if he is not well informed. The truth will be known sooner or later.

Some aspirants wagging their tongues on this issue are not qualified to talk at all, Is  it the Dele Giwa bomb blast, Abiola death, Kudirat etc etc whose report are still fraught in secrecy that we are talking about.  I believe GEJ is better than all of them. At worst, he can only be like them IBB, Buhari, Atiku,  We need a change and a paradigm drift. We can no longer be deceived QED
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
If MEND or individuals linked to MEND were used as a vehicle then they are also liable, and should not be exenorated in any manner by GJ.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime (m)
London - PH City

Online Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks.
« #106 on: Yesterday at 03:44:12 AM »

Some punks who have been in America too long suppose that the vote guarantees that the will of the masses is heard. Sometime ago, this cobwebbed relic claimed to have campaigned for Shagari, only to see her vote usurped by militaristic elements just 2 years later. One would have thought that this cretin would go and blow herself up at the Presidential Palace to ensure that the sanctity of her vote is respected in keeping with her stance that the power of citizenry is sacrosanct. I am now expecting a lecture from this cretin on how Nigerians need to seize back power for themselves through the ballot box instead of making excuses. Unfortunately such utopia does not exist in Nigeria, so my only answer to this nincompoop is that Federal Government is responsible for prosecuting and deposing all corrupt State Govts.

In the event that anyone thinks differently, they should name a leader amongst them who is not a thief and what they did to prevent looters in their respective states. We will not put the cart before the horse. We demand our fair share, and let Nigeria sort out its attitude to corruption rather than giving a dog a bad name with which to hang it.

WOW . . . more silly ramblings/tory tory .

You claim the question you asked still exists without a definite answer or whatever it was you intended by making the statement yours; I asked if, by now, people do not know what the answer to that particular question you asked is, and you think insulting your very own self(cause you cannot insult me since I already know the answer to that question and one does not need to be a rocket scientist to know it either) with the rambling above somehow makes the fact that you are probably one of the only clueless ones left(if you have not figured out the answer to that question), go away?

WAKE UP!!! Your lectures have not saved or changed the situation with those you claim to be your people for decades, and it is as always going to do nothing different this time around. Wake up and learn to take the bull by the horn -- urge you and yours to do so, rather than continue to make ridiculous excuses for why all must pay attention to you.
The whole nation is going through this . . no one group is exempt. Yet, you expect us to give you all attention and all bow to your whims for some silly reason?   

About me laughing, Of course I laugh at people who still reason as you do in this. It blows my mind that even after all these years, and all the nation as a whole has been through to this point, we still have people who have absolutely no idea what is going on in the nation -- people who are still all too willing to pretend it is all about them and no one else but their own is affected by all this.  It blows my mind that this mindset still exists out there and I can at this point do but laugh at the level of reasoning offered up by some.  It is seriously mindboggling that your kind still exists almost 12 years after the answer was served up to us. What else can one do but laugh? ROFLMAO!! Even IRAQIs seem to be having it easier getting a new understanding the new power they have as a nation.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by soldee: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
IBB and Atiku were absent at Eagle Square because they were not invited - typical GEJ style!! IBB is a past president. Why exclude him from the celebrations just because he is a formidable political opponent? Would he have wreslted you in public? ehn GEJ??
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
jonabee:

Abuja blasts: [size=14pt]Ex[/size]-militants storm Abuja today
Monday, October 04, 2010

•Mr. Timi Alaibe
Leaders of the former Niger Delta militia groups will storm Abuja today to denounce the October 1 bomb blast that left many people dead in Abuja, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr. Timi Alaibe, said yesterday in Abuja. Assert  from Nigerian Daily.

Does the word[b] [size=14pt]EX[/size][/b] not mean anything, anymore in this country?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by anonimi: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by ICHINONYE(m): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
MEND just bleeped up by puting sand in d president camp, if trully the bombers were MEND like they claim i tink the president has lost my vote i dont kno about u all
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by truly: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
reubeno:

I totally agree with those people who termed our presido GEJ has been naive to the act of governance, that singular act has really lead to alot of people undermining his prowess to lead Nigeria including members of his own government (saraki and Gusua.
How on earth will he align himself to MEND? Pls let him mentioned names, however i want to advised he shud neva think that he can robe some of his political opponents into this poo.

Saraki has the right to contest
In doing so, he has the right to criticise GJ
That does not amount to undermining
Gusau has also left GJ's government and he can contest without undermining Johnathan
But what is it about this GJ's government that nobody is allowed to contest against him?
Are we heading for totalitarianism? - one candidate scoring 95% electoral votes like in some african countries?

onye_ngbu:

Bad grammar. grin

So even though George Bush knew that Osama masterminded 9/11 and yet couldnt catch him so he:

1. shielded terrorist from justice?
2. he was not fit to be president?

Think of something else to say abeg.

You are generalising
The man says GJ should name, shame and arrest etc
Bush named Osama and, although could not arrest him, sent him into perpetual hiding

dozymars:

NAIRLANDERS BEWARE!!!!

There are sponsored writers on this tread that have been instructed to castigate GEJ Administration.

Be wise. The greatness of Your Beloved Country Nigeria would not come without distractions.  

And you think there are no writers here and in the press that have been sponsored to
praise all of GJ's actions, even when some of them are wrong
Castigate every action of his opponents?

Some of GJ's supporters raise arguments that stand facts on their head - just watch
I don't support GJ for various reasons (one of which is that he is a member of PDP) but I will not invent stories against him
I have read some terrible rumours about him but I don't cite them because I am not sure of their authencity
Some of GJ's supporters do not exercise such restraint when lampooning GJ's opponents

mescapee:

MEND OR NO MEND, THE PRESIDENT DID WHAT HE THINKS IS BEST IN THE TIME BEING. DOING OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE WARRANTED AN IMMEDIATE MILITARY ACTION AGAINST INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE CREEKS (PRESUMED MEND LOCATIONS) AND NOT AGAINST THE PERPETRATORS/ TERRIORSITS.

MR PRESIDENT HAS PROMISED TO DEAL WITH THE SITUATION, LET'S GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT.
Did Mr President do what he think is best? Of course!
Is what he did the best? Not necessarily - opinions will be divided
But THE MILITARY CANNOT just go the ND and start shooting - that fact is incontestable

GJ is from Niger Delta and he is CinC
Omoregie, the head of JTF, is from ND
Iherijika, the CAS, is from SE
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Princek12(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
Even if MEND did not do it, the president needs to go there and exterminate all those so called freedom fighters. They kidnap foreign workers and innocent locals for ransom, a clear contravention of all the laws. And if they did it, it should signal to the govt. that MEND is getting out of control, and that the Nigerian Military needs to root those mutha suckas out.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by xterra2(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
[size=14pt]

So um If it is not MEND then How did MEND know of the attacks that they gave a warning even saying stay away from Cars and bins ,

You cannot exonerate MEND ,if it is not them they Knew so there are accomplice to the crime
[/size]

Please we need an answer to this
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by suedoh2006(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2010
If the president conderm MEND them go go bomb him house for Bayesa so he's actually protecing himself and his family.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2010
I.CHINONYE:

MEND just bleeped up by puting sand in d president camp, if trully the bombers were MEND like they claim i tink the president has lost my vote i dont kno about u all

Really? GEJ has lost your vote because it was MEND (or possibly a splinter group of MEND) that claims responsibility for the attack and GEJ says otherwise?

Personally, who I give my vote to will depend on NUMEROUS of factors that i feel the candidate should have or at least portray. Bearing in mind that my expecting a president that does everything my way is absurd.

Just out of curiosity, could you tell me who (if anyone) has now found your vote and why.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by knice(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
[b]I am Knice. I rarely comment here but something prompt me to do so. Mr Jonathan has I, must tell you is a good man who has good things in mind for the country. But however, there are few things he lacks. One is, he politically soft and immature. Secondly, he is banking more on Goodluck mindset instead of developing a workable and forceful plan that will radically effect a change in our polity. Again, a lot of corrupt people are working with him banking on his soft character to root us to desperacy. Think of Bankole and assembly lawmakers are doing to milk the country dry and our president looks on. This is complete cowardice. Maybe he is afraid to tackle them.

As a result, after doing my proper analysis, I came to the conclusion that one man is right for Nigeria.His workable plan are concrete, he has the political will, he believes in real democracy,you won't be a puppet to anybody, his words are his bond. That man is ATIKU.Another option is Ribadu, he is young, youthful and has the reminance of the great Obama  though lack much experience.

IBB I will tell might have made up his mind to salvage all the wrong things he did then but remember, he conducted the freest election ever held in this country under the military. He will do much better in democracy. But a devil you know is still better than the one you don't know. So I think it is dicey and risky.

Lastly, is this man called Saraki. I will rather throw all my votes to the sea than cast for him. His moves are selfish and want to loot and play godfather politics and has no workable plan, the same bored story plan. He is at a par with Ibori.[/b]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
something is fishing, how are we sure MEND did it, how are me sure is not them,
something is wrong somewhere
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2010
Bleep IBB and ATIKU,
we need a change in okkkkkkkkkkkkk
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by seanet02: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
IBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by xterra2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
segan:

something is fishing, how are we sure MEND did it, how are me sure is not them,
something is wrong somewhere
If it is not MEND how do they know about the attack?
They gave a Warning which means they knew
So if it is not them for sake of argument they should be punished as they knew about the attack and gave a warning
They are accomplice of a bad crime
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by juman(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2010
President Jonathan Idi Amin of Nigeria, you should resign. Go Jonathan Go! Go Jonathan Go!! Go Jonathan Go!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by onyengbu1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
xterra2:

If it is not MEND how do they know about the attack?
They gave a Warning which means they knew
So if it is not them for sake of argument they should be punished as they knew about the attack and gave a warning
They are accomplice of a bad crime
You people are working on the assumption that IT IS MEND THAT ISSUED THE WARNING
AND

HAS BEEN CLAIMING RESPONSIBILITY AND APOLOGIZING.

What if it is not MEND that is doing all that?

Can you guys not tell me that one can steal anybody's identity and claim anything?

Have you seen any video of MEND militant claiming responsibility?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by celemel(m): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2010
So, IBB thought he could blackmail Goodluck out of the race by terror means? I wish Mr. Presido would muster the courage to deal with that bloody scumbag once and for all.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by snakova(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
onye_ngbu:

You people are working on the assumption that IT IS MEND THAT ISSUED THE WARNING
AND
HAS BEEN CLAIMING RESPONSIBILITY AND APOLOGIZING.
What if it is not MEND that is doing all that?
Can you guys not tell me that one can steal anybody's identity and claim anything?
Have you seen any video of MEND militant claiming responsibility?
I saw a video on Aljazeera today of MEND preparing for attacks just 48 hours to the bomb blasts. Maybe GEJ and his cohorts saw it as an opportunity to witch-hunt political opponents, thus allowing it to happen and declaring it to be 'an inside job'. But why the loss of lives? I lost a secondary school classmate in those blasts. Maybe if you lost your family you'd see things a bit more clearly rather than chase conspiracy theories. Jomo Gbomo has always sent the e-mails to journalists when stuff like this happens. why should it be different now? Or the bomb blasts in the south at the elders meeting was during yar'adua's tenure abi? Why after 'MEND' informs you for about a week that they are gonna attack, you come up short and start blaming 'terrorists'? Why didn't you inform the public that 'terrorists' were planning an attack? At least the warning was a very open one that got to a number of journalists. All just a bunch of nitwits trying to defend incompetence, complacency, or culpability on GEJ's part. His advisers better put him on the right track before he turns our dear country into a war-zone because of his 'ambitions'. If you know how 'militants' operate, they always issue statements after attacks and[b] ALWAYS[/b] apologize for any innocent lives lost. But now it's IBB because he didn't attend a meet he wasn't invited to.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Abagworo(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
celemel:

So, IBB thought he could blackmail Goodluck out of the race by terror means? I wish Mr. Presido would muster the courage to deal with that bloody scumbag once and for all.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by charliwell(m): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2010
I think the present Governor of Edo state will make a better president, Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole. He should come and save the nation from these time waster. If you dont know who he is check google.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by kcblast(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2010
I think mr. president is right.
There is no way MEND will ruin there chances & even interupt presidents speech wit a bomb blast.
I believe the political rivals to mr. presidents,knows everything abt tis!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by jamace(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2010
NAIRLANDERS BEWARE!!!!

We know such Nlders and we are taking care of them.

The plans of the evil one is obvious and we shall put him to shame.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Mend Is Not Responsible For Abuja Attacks. by Saidsalla(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2010
Tabdijan!!! While the big people from north injustly against the boko haram sect, leading to lost of lives and arrest of innocent people, GJ STANDS STILL TO DEFEND THE REAL TERRORIST JUST BCOZ THEY COME FROM D SAME REGION. Open his mouth that seems boudless! Before the guests attended Africa @50 and shamelessly denied what members of his sect took its responsibility, forgetting that he is not adressing his younger children. This is a biggest sign of unfitted presiden,nonreliable, May 29. So do all dat u could. MY PPL, TAKE CHALLENGE WAKE UP.
[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Interview With Boko Haram's Leader / It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric / Amidst Paucity Of Funds, Nigerian Govt Proceeds With ₦42 Billion NASS Renovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.