Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? (908 Views)

How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada / Advice Really Needed / I Finally Helped My Birthgiver Get To The Hospital - TheGidRedpiller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Okwori12(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
Feel free to share. I know it will help some of us
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by blackboy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
If they call you black let them know they dont know their colors. Show them what is black. Made me learn to not take insult from no one, not even Nigerians who feel they are white because I'm very dark. Proud ppl

4 Likes

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
My first Failure and low expectations from people helped me a lot in life.
You come like a spear without anyone noticing it.
Voom!!!you don pass grin

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by chidekings(m): 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2019
He asked me
"Are you really happy,is this all you aspire to be?"

2 Likes

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Houseofglam7(f): 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2019
Guns don't kill people....people kill people.
Life's too short
Fuq it.
A few of the countless advise I heeded to grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
You did not come to life to compete with anybody. Just be better with yourself everyday life is not a competition.
Everybody in life is doing an exam with a different question paper

These words have removed jealousy from my life,made me determined and made me stay focused.

3 Likes

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by obicentlis: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
Last advice from my late dad : Ihe oma anaghi agwu-agwu.

Good things don't finish.

It has helped me to keep faith alive even in the midst of failure, disappointment and depression.

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
obicentlis:

It has helped me to keep faith alive even in the midst of failure, disappointment and depression.

scam!
It's good to have good things early but e no mean say if e no come make you kill yourself
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by jeff1607(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2019
Everybody doesn't like you

Nothing is free

Be self reliant

No one owes you anything

You ain't entitled to anything unless you work for it

Live within your means

Do not look down on anyone you never can tell what tomorrow holds for you

Provide help to anyone in need

Needs and wants are two different things

As a man you want to save avoid demanding ladies

Everything happens for a reason

shit happens

People are happy when you fail ,take it or leave it

Remember people who helped you on your way up

Wealth doesn't translate into wisdom or being smart (you were only lucky your hardwork paid)

life is never smooth

Mind your business

Eat healthy

Let your word be your bond (so that your word carries weight when you speak)

Fulfill any promise made no matter how small or discomfort it puts you.

Respect isn't the same as fear.

nothing lasts forever

learn something new everyday or everyweek

Forgive but don't forget.

This are stuffs I hold dear and stick to ,God so help me

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2019
jeff1607:
Everybody doesn't like you

Nothing is free

Be self reliant

No one owes you anything

You ain't entitled to anything unless you work for it

Live within your means

Do not look down on anyone you never can tell what tomorrow holds for you

Provide help to anyone in need

Needs and wants are two different things

As a man you want to save avoid demanding ladies

Everything happens for a reason

shit happens

People are happy when you fail ,take it or leave it

Remember people who helped you on your way up

Wealth doesn't translate into wisdom or being smart (you were only lucky your hardwork paid)

life is never smooth

Mind your business

Eat healthy

Let your word be your bond (so that your word carries weight when you speak)

Fulfill any promise made no matter how small or discomfort it puts you.

Respect isn't the same as fear.

nothing lasts forever

learn something new everyday or everyweek

Forgive but don't forget.

This are stuffs I hold dear and stick to ,God so help me
the 2 bolded phrases are contradictory.
I never ever help fake people!!!
I rather watch them die cool
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Mznaett: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
No talk say money no dey. Just get yourself busy with that thing and na so money go dey come out from plenty angles. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
nwanneni:

You do not even help people at all. Little wonder why depression keeps hitting you.
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You do not even help people at all. Little wonder why depression keeps hitting you.
I wonder how you were able to get to this conclusion so easily.
Maybe there is something you know about me that I don't know yet undecided
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
nwanneni:
I wonder how you were able to get to this conclusion so easily.
Maybe there is something you know about me that I don't know yet undecided

I know you more than you know yourself.
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Tony142: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Work hard in silence and let your ur success make the noise

Do not tell people your next move, goals or plans because not everybody dat is a well wisher

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

I know you more than you know yourself.
ah ok o ma.
I look forward to you revealing more stuff you know about me.
I'm waiting.

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by ibkayee(f): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2019
‘No use crying over spilt milk.’

Helps me get over certain things easily, if I mope over it for too long it won’t change anything so might as well channel my energy into something more productive

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by desvi: 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
obicentlis:

this is so sad and encouraging at the same time
such a good piece
may your Father rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by YourCoffin: 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
You can only feel alive when you're dead.

Hate those who hate you and love those who love you.
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by desvi: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
always put yourself first
my dad

it's been hard for me to live by it because I can't help it but help and I love seeing everyone happy but the older I get, the better I understand the importance of these words
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by missimelda01(f): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
Do not seek completeness in others, be self sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Richy4(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2019
Destinies can be delayed but it cannot be denied...

If I were to be the minister of Education, I will mandate every principal to print this in every class room..

Assuming the young people knows this, the suicide that was trending in Nigeria nowadays will not be happening.. Someone failed an exam and decides to take his or her life... what nonsense... someone refused to proceed with the friendship u guys have and u decides to take your life, are u kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Bestboy11513(m): 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2019
Okwori12:
Feel free to share. I know it will help some of us

You should have started by sharing. That's how a thread works. We need to hear from you the thread creator.

Love Yours- No such thing as a life that's better than yours.

There's beauty in the struggle, ugliness in the success

J Cole.

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by jeff1607(m): 12:00am On Jun 15, 2019
nwanneni:
the 2 bolded phrases are contradictory. I never ever help fake people!!! I rather watch them die cool
people differ Same as their ideology,

we sometimes give the benefit of the doubt
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by jeff1607(m): 12:00am On Jun 15, 2019
nwanneni:
the 2 bolded phrases are contradictory. I never ever help fake people!!! I rather watch them die cool
people differ Same as their ideology,

we sometimes give the benefit of the doubt
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Abcruz(m): 12:20am On Jun 15, 2019
nwanneni:

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you.--proverbs 25:21
Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Abcruz(m): 12:28am On Jun 15, 2019
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.--1 Thessalonian 5:18

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.--Philippians 4:6

Those verses saves me from depression.

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by liberalchick(f): 3:06am On Jun 15, 2019
No one owes you anything.
There is nothing like a free lunch.
Whenever you wake up is your morning.
Just do it!

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by Pavore9: 4:24am On Jun 15, 2019
My father saying that " beautiful things no dey finish", this ingrained delayed gratification in me thus I don't get carried away by trends.

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by desvi: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Abcruz:
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.--1 Thessalonian 5:18

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.--Philippians 4:6

Those verses saves me from depression.

so nice!
I love it!
the power of gratefulness.

yes!

1 Like

Re: Which Word Of Advice Really Helped You In Life? by dezzydon(f): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2019

nwanneni:
My first Failure and low expectations from people helped me a lot in life.
You come like a spear without anyone noticing it.
Voom!!!you don pass grin

(1) (Reply)

Do U Dislike Naijas With Mixed Tribal Parentage? This Is Ur Thread, Come & Vent / Help..i Feel My Husband Doesn't Love Me Anymore / If You Were To See Your 10yrs Younger Self Now, What Life Advice Would You Give?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.