Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Maize Farmers Only - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Farmers Only (27414 Views)

Imports, Low Prices Hurt Maize Farmers / Home For Snail Farmers Only. / Home For Just Maize Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 28, 2019
Chiansky:

Get nicogold, it should be 3.5k, it works very well

Pls ao many litres of nicogold is required for an acre of maize farm?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2019
ifedola28:

Pls ao many litres of nicogold is required for an acre of maize farm?

1 litre is enough.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 29, 2019
Chiansky:

1 litre is enough.

Thanks
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Egbefarm: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2019
Chiansky:

Get nicogold, it should be 3.5k, it works very well

Is nicogold safe for farms intercorpped with maize and Cassava? Is there a less toxic option to force-u-ron that works well?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2019
Egbefarm:

Is nicogold safe for farms intercorpped with maize and Cassava? Is there a less toxic option to force-u-ron that works well?

It's not o, ur cassava done go be that, I heard about one chemical but its 6k, I don't know the name, do research on it.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2019
ifedola28:

Thanks

But when you get it read the direction of application before use.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by OluchiDelly: 10:24am On Jun 30, 2019
Chiansky:

But when you get it read the direction of application before use.

She doesnt need to get it, she has it in warehouse already, grin , only that she is too busy to read d label to know what is meant for.

Chiansky:

It's not o, ur cassava done go be that, I heard about one chemical but its 6k, I don't know the name, do research on it.

6k herbicides are usually d ones that kill grass-like weed(including maize n rice), the popular ones are d fluazifop families. As u v said, he should research well b4 all his maize wl be gone.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hi guys,

Have you all heard of alfasafe?

It's main function is to radiate toxin in the soil.

Application method is broadcast.

I use them everytime I plant maize.

Best for maize farmers that dry their maize. You sell at a high price and poultry farmer and companies rush your produce.

Below are pictures from my farm and when I applied it.

Re: Maize Farmers Only by paito: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
Is there anybody that have tried pioneer seeds before.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 6:11am On Jul 07, 2019
paito:
Is there anybody that have tried pioneer seeds before.

Don't go there if u don't have money
Re: Maize Farmers Only by paito: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2019
Chiansky:

Don't go there if u don't have money
Will the yield commensurate with the price 1 ha is around , N37000 with 50000 stands
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
Inspectahdeck:
Hi guys,

Best for maize farmers that dry their maize. You sell at a high price and poultry farmer and companies rush your produce.

I deliberately kept off this thread because of this particular post of yours sir just to see if anyone will support you. It is time to address it. This post and that of importation of armyworm to Nigeria through seeds tell me you are a farmer who is likely to have human compassion by adhering to principles laid down for our safety. Can you see that everyone ignored because application of Alfasafe does not affect their crop yield, and cannot kill armyworm. To these farmers, it is a useless addition to the cost of production. Hehehehe. Why will they care sir? Tell me why? But this product you brought out which is as the outcome of partnership between IITA and some other companies is a must for all farmers in many countries. If any farmer is caught without applying it, he is spending time behind bars. I mean what has Nigeria done to deserve what we are passing through? Who cur.sed Nigeria?

Like you said, it is a fungi in the soil called Aflatoxin , (and I strongly believe it was imported to Nigeria through smu.ggled seeds) that affects some crops, but that of corn is extremely high. A terrible toxin. I don't eat corn again. Never, and never. 100% of corn sold fresh are filled with Aflatoxin, but the simple solution is to use what you prescribed here. See, they will not prescribe this, they will not buy it, and they do not want to know about it. But chemicals.....their ears stretch like the antennas of rabbits. Hehehehe. They must make sure they draw the details of chemicals out of ones mouth. You don't tell them, they are filled with rage. They bounce on you from no where, and they build up irrelevant issues against you. I have been victim for many years, but I stopped that no.nsense. Let them go to places. Who cares about them?

My oga sir, I hope you get where I am coming from now when I cried out about chemical prescription here. Dem no send at all. The rate of cancer is getting too high in Nigeria. Terribly getting high. The only language farmers who do this understand is violence and counter stubb.ornness that is more powerful than theirs. I am obliged to cry out to tell everyone about this ma.dness. They are desperately wic.ked. Any farmer who does not apply aflasafe but is aware of its necessity is a de.vil. It is simple as ABC. If such farmer comes online to face me, I will face him back. If I show rasc.ality to stop such cra.zy farmer from ki.lling Nigerians, I am justified. If we all keep silent because some feel we need to compose ourselves well online in their own definition, then, our life expectancy will soon drop to 30 years of age in Nigeria.

Sir, this is one of my mission in this Agric thread. To show farmers that chemicals can be used, but we must follow the rules. When the soil is treated well, we will need less chemicals. And when we use products like Alfasafe, we are protecting ourselves. Gradually, the toxins will be eradicated, and we can put to shame the wicked people who developed the fungi in their laboratory just to sell their products. It may even be the people who created Alfasafe that developed Alfatoxin...hehehehe. That is the irony of life.

Aflatoxin is associated with stunted growth, delayed development, liver damage, and liver cancer. Children are more affected, and animals have zero immunity to it. So, no animal feed producer will ever use corn seed with Aflatoxin. But I doubt farmers formulating feed in Nigeria are aware. They return to complain feed formulation does not work, whereas it's the Aflatoxin in the corn that messes them up anytime they formulate feed. I know many farmers who grow corn to make feed for their poultry, but at the end, their feed are of poor quality. The only issue was Aflatoxin in the corn they used, and they come online to ru.bbish feed formulation.

Sir, some farmers are deaf. This gentleman approach you use is like you are wasting your Internet data plan. What they need is force. In fact, the average Nigerian needs to be pushed. Police and the authority are not exempted. By the time this cancer campaign is serious and people start shouting on farmers and the police, thenafter, many farmers will start compiling. But not until many have tasted prison corn made with special aflasafe. Hehehe.

I am always afraid to eat fresh corn. It scares me so much despite I love it so much.

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
paito:

Will the yield commensurate with the price 1 ha is around , N37000 with 50000 stands

Yes but u need money for that seed.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Olalekanharoon(m): 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
Please, what is tge average price of a sack of fresh maize?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by paito: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chiansky:

Yes but u need money for that seed.
Thank you for your advice sir
Re: Maize Farmers Only by OluchiDelly: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2019
Olalekanharoon:

Are u in oke odan/border axis?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by excanny: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2019
Inspectahdeck:
Hi guys,

What's the active ingredient of this aflasafe?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2019
excanny:

What's the active ingredient of this aflasafe?

Please kindly check Google or the below link
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2019
Aflasafe (@Aflasafe) Tweeted:
NEWS: IITA, FG urge maize, groundnut farmers to use #Aflasafe to boost access to market https:///EijMAQPJ6y #AflsafeNG #aflatoxinNG https://twitter.com/Aflasafe/status/1145640800782561280?s=17
Re: Maize Farmers Only by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
We fabricate maize dryer

For cured & matured maize only

Call.Gbenga on 08120528950
Re: Maize Farmers Only by stagger: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2019
Pistotita:

I deliberately kept off this thread because of this particular post of yours sir just to see if anyone will support you. It is time to address it. This post and that of importation of armyworm to Nigeria through seeds tell me you are a farmer who is likely to have human compassion by adhering to principles laid down for our safety. Can you see that everyone ignored because application of Alfasafe does not affect their crop yield, and cannot kill armyworm. To these farmers, it is a useless addition to the cost of production. Hehehehe. Why will they care sir? Tell me why? But this product you brought out which is as the outcome of partnership between IITA and some other companies is a must for all farmers in many countries. If any farmer is caught without applying it, he is spending time behind bars. I mean what has Nigeria done to deserve what we are passing through? Who cur.sed Nigeria?

Like you said, it is a fungi in the soil called [b]Aflatoxin [/b], (and I strongly believe it was imported to Nigeria through smu.ggled seeds) that affects some crops, but that of corn is extremely high. A terrible toxin. I don't eat corn again. Never, and never. 100% of corn sold fresh are filled with Aflatoxin, but the simple solution is to use what you prescribed here. See, they will not prescribe this, they will not buy it, and they do not want to know about it. But chemicals.....their ears stretch like the antennas of rabbits. Hehehehe. They must make sure they draw the details of chemicals out of ones mouth. You don't tell them, they are filled with rage. They bounce on you from no where, and they build up irrelevant issues against you. I have been victim for many years, but I stopped that no.nsense. Let them go to places. Who cares about them?

My oga sir, I hope you get where I am coming from now when I cried out about chemical prescription here. Dem no send at all. The rate of cancer is getting too high in Nigeria. Terribly getting high. The only language farmers who do this understand is violence and counter stubb.ornness that is more powerful than theirs. I am obliged to cry out to tell everyone about this ma.dness. They are desperately wic.ked. Any farmer who does not apply aflasafe but is aware of its necessity is a de.vil. It is simple as ABC. If such farmer comes online to face me, I will face him back. If I show rasc.ality to stop such cra.zy farmer from ki.lling Nigerians, I am justified. If we all keep silent because some feel we need to compose ourselves well online in their own definition, then, our life expectancy will soon drop to 30 years of age in Nigeria.

Sir, this is one of my mission in this Agric thread. To show farmers that chemicals can be used, but we must follow the rules. When the soil is treated well, we will need less chemicals. And when we use products like Alfasafe, we are protecting ourselves. Gradually, the toxins will be eradicated, and we can put to shame the wicked people who developed the fungi in their laboratory just to sell their products. It may even be the people who created Alfasafe that developed Alfatoxin...hehehehe. That is the irony of life.

Aflatoxin is associated with stunted growth, delayed development, liver damage, and liver cancer. Children are more affected, and animals have zero immunity to it. So, no animal feed producer will ever use corn seed with Aflatoxin. But I doubt farmers formulating feed in Nigeria are aware. They return to complain feed formulation does not work, whereas it's the Aflatoxin in the corn that messes them up anytime they formulate feed. I know many farmers who grow corn to make feed for their poultry, but at the end, their feed are of poor quality. The only issue was Aflatoxin in the corn they used, and they come online to ru.bbish feed formulation.

Sir, some farmers are deaf. This gentleman approach you use is like you are wasting your Internet data plan. What they need is force. In fact, the average Nigerian needs to be pushed. Police and the authority are not exempted. By the time this cancer campaign is serious and people start shouting on farmers and the police, thenafter, many farmers will start compiling. But not until many have tasted prison corn made with special aflasafe. Hehehe.

I am always afraid to eat fresh corn. It scares me so much despite I love it so much.

The fungus in question is Aspergillus Nigra. It is black in colour and produces the toxin known as Aflatoxin. I have used it and I believe it costs N5,000 for a hectare's application. Aspergillus also affects and produces aflatoxin in groundnuts.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
stagger:

The fungus in question is Aspergillus Nigra. It is black in colour and produces the toxin known as Aflatoxin. I have used it and I believe it costs N5,000 for a hectare's application. Aspergillus also affects and produces aflatoxin in groundnuts.

Yes, the toxin is Aflatoxin. The fungi responsible are two: 1. Aspergillus parasiticus and 2. Aspergillus flavus. There is another called Aspergillus Niger which is responsible for Ochratoxins, and not Aflatoxin. Aspergillopsis Nigra is another name for Aspergillus Niger which I believe is the you mentioned. These ones affect cheese, wine, etc. But really, these things are broad that they keep linking with themselves. Perhaps A. Nigra/ A. Niger is also responsible for Aflatoxin, not so sure. But these things are too broad with new results frequently.

Thank you for pointing my attention to it.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Seedforthagro1: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
Durable and quality twines available. Call to place your order.

Delivery is nationwide!

www.seedforthagro.com
Re: Maize Farmers Only by numen(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
Quick question bro. Is it OK to apply fertiliser in the same hole with a maize seed?

Pistotita:

Yes, the toxin is Aflatoxin. The fungi responsible are two: 1. Aspergillus parasiticus and 2. Aspergillus flavus. There is another called Aspergillus Niger which is responsible for Ochratoxins, and not Aflatoxin. Aspergillopsis Nigra is another name for Aspergillus Niger which I believe is the you mentioned. These ones affect cheese, wine, etc. But really, these things are broad that they keep linking with themselves. Perhaps A. Nigra/ A. Niger is also responsible for Aflatoxin, not so sure. But these things are too broad with new results frequently.

Thank you for pointing my attention to it.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
numen:
Quick question bro. Is it OK to apply fertiliser in the same hole with a maize seed?
It's the best if you can do it as long as it's diluted with the soil so it does not burn the young seedlings as they emerge, but it's time consuming. Therefore, fertilization depends on your planter design. Or if it's just for seed only, have someone run fertlizer side placement beside the rows. It is better placed beside seeds than not apply at all. Or if you can, draw a line at a distance from the seeds along rows, place fertilizer and cover. Can be hard if doing large expanse, but can be used if still 1 ha with fast boys.

From my experience, grains production is team work.

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Only by numen(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thanks for the response. I was asking because am considering purchasing a dual chamber seed planter that applies fertiliser as it plants. I was hoping it's ok to do so.

From your response, I gather the only worry is "the fertiliser should be dissolved by rain or irrigation before the seed germinates?"

Pistotita:

It's the best if you can do it as long as it's diluted with the soil so it does not burn the young seedlings as they emerge, but it's time consuming. Therefore, fertilization depends on your planter design. Or if it's just for seed only, have someone run fertlizer side placement beside the rows. It is better placed beside seeds than not apply at all. Or if you can, draw a line at a distance from the seeds along rows, place fertilizer and cover. Can be hard if doing large expanse, but can be used if still 1 ha with fast boys.

From my experience, grains production is team work.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
numen:
Thanks for the response. I was asking because am considering purchasing a dual chamber seed planter that applies fertiliser as it plants. I was hoping it's ok to do so.

From your response, I gather the only worry is "the fertiliser should be dissolved by rain or irrigation before the seed germinates?"

No. My concern is that when the fertlizer is disolving, it should be diluted with soil to bring the ph up so that it will not be too acidic and burn your roots. I prefer it dissolve gradually so it will not hurt the roots. Also, I prefer it last longer there.

You can use it on a small portoon, and check how the seeds and fertilizer are placed next to each other.

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Only by Cocoboms(m): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
numen:

Hi numen,

In case you want to buy the 2 in 1 maize planter that applies fertilizer at same time, I have a new one for sale (it has never been used and has all the accessories intact). I wanna sell it at giveaway price of 40k. Other sellers sell for above 50k. I'm in abuja if you are interested. Shoot me an email. I respond fast. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
Now I'm going to give someone opportunity to make money from my farm. I have over 80000 stands on my maize farm, I will pay 1.5 naira for each 10000 fresh maize you can help me sell, email me if interested. Mostly if you are in ibadan or ogun state.

Note, 80000 maize can be sold in a day if you have the right market.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Chiansky(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2019
Olalekanharoon:

No body answered this?
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2019
Chiansky:

No body answered this?

They don't buy fresh maize in sacks.
Re: Maize Farmers Only by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2019
Chiansky:
Now I'm going to give someone opportunity to make money from my farm. I have over 80000 stands on my maize farm, I will pay 1.5 naira for each 10000 fresh maize you can help me sell, email me if interested. Mostly if you are in ibadan or ogun state.

Note, 80000 maize can be sold in a day if you have the right market.

Contact me please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Begins Onions Cultivation (Photos) / Latest Prices Of Day Old Broilers, Pullets,turkeys & Cockerels. / We Can Supply Groundnut In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.