Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] - Technology Market (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] (216650 Views)

Techtyrant's Ebay Deal Hunting Services|get The Greatest Laptop Deals From Ebay. / Kansas/Missouri State Pickup [Offerup,Craigslist,Letgo,5miles] / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by amolan: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2023
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, are you saying that I should bear the responsibility for this situation?

As a criminologist and criminal Investigator, I would have thought you would know better than to suggest that I keep a STOLEN item. I clearly stated that I only wanted to use this for personal use, and I'm surprised to hear you implying that I should just keep it and move on.

Nicerazor:
I understand your plight and understand how you feel but truth must be told.
In this case the issue is beyond the control of the deal hunter and cannot be held liable.
If it was a damaged screen or cracked on phone it would have been a different issue.
This is imei blacklist issue, inasmuch as the imei was clean when you bought the item you can’t blame the deal hunter. Things like this happens all the time.
Sellers does this so they can cheat their service providers on a contract phone so they get replacement device and resell the phone and make more money.
I have been doing this biz since 2018 and with this little time I have seen and experienced a lot.
You can buy a phone today and before it get to Naija will get blacklisted, you can’t go and hold the shipper to return phone to seller, you have to move on.
*good thing is you can remove the blacklist status on the phone.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
amolan:
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, are you saying that I should bear the responsibility for this situation?

As a criminologist and criminal Investigator, I would have thought you would know better than to suggest that I keep a STOLEN item. I clearly stated that I only wanted to use this for personal use, and I'm surprised to hear you implying that I should just keep it and move on.

Criminologist/ criminal investigator grin
Oya go investigate am yourself and solve the problem yourself, why are you here looking for help? Them dey tell you how the thing goes,you dey form criminal investigator,ok na. You go chop grass las las.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Oya go investigate am yourself and solve the problem yourself, why are you here looking for help? Them dey tell you how the thing goes,you dey form criminal investigator,ok na. You go chop grass las las.
He was talking about nicerazor

Rawlingsko come and say something here

Cause you're tainting your name oo
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by lilachiever(m): 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Your response was unnecessary. Put yourself in his shoes then comment again.

2 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mansoor001234:

Chief this is not rocket science, unless seller gives a guarantee that imei will not be blacklisted after sales then seller can be held responsible. People buy at&t and Tmobile locked iphones as tlc,what do they do? Buyer submits imei for unlocking immediately after purchasing the phone to avoid stories that touch. Obviously buyer is not aware.

The only situation where I can partialy blame seller is if he is aware buyer is a novice,and he didn't advise buyer to submit imei for unlocking immediately after purchase, as there is a 50% chance phone might be blacklisted.

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
lilachiever:

Your response was unnecessary. Put yourself in his shoes then comment again.

I have been in his shoes and I have learnt how to go about such situations,but your contributions are welcomed sir.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamoyindamola(m): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Chief this is not rocket science, unless seller gives a guarantee that imei will not be blacklisted after sales then seller can be held responsible. People buy at&t and Tmobile locked iphones as tlc,what do they do? Buyer submits imei for unlocking immediately after purchasing the phone to avoid stories that touch. Obviously buyer is not aware.

The only situation where I can partialy blame seller is if he is aware buyer is a novice,and he didn't advise buyer to submit imei for unlocking immediatelyafter purchase, as there is a 50% chance phone might be blacklisted.
Does that mean you are a professional at selling stolen iPhones cause I can't make sense of whatever point you are making

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
iamoyindamola:

[b]Does that mean you are a professional at selling stolen iPhones [/b]cause I can't make sense of whatever point you are making

Yes I am,come and arrest me.

You might just want to check the imei result of the phone you are using to type presently if it's not blacklisted cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nicerazor(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
It’s obvious you’re new to this business.
Did you confirm imei status before making payment or not?
A seller can intentionally blacklist a device after selling so he can get a replacement phone from his service provider, this doesn’t mean the phone was stolen but a dishonest seller caused it.
You can remove the blacklist status.
What if you bought the phone yourself and it got blacklisted? Who will you blame? If you checked imei and it was clean before buying then you can’t blame deal hunter unless he sold a blacklisted phone to you without your knowledge.
amolan:

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

The only situation where I can partialy blame seller is if he is aware buyer is a novice,and he didn't advise buyer to submit imei for unlocking immediately after purchase, as there is a 50% chance phone might be blacklisted.
I'm sure buyer is a novice
But from the response I'm seeing from Rawlinsgo - he didn't inform the buyer
Just wanted to make a quick sale
And he isn't responding to this thread

Sha what can I say he's one of the untouchables on Nairaland
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Nicerazor(m): 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
A lot of phone got blacklisted months after the new owner has been using it without them knowing. These things happens.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mansoor001234:

I'm sure buyer is a novice
But from the response I'm seeing from Rawlinsgo - he didn't inform the buyer
Just wanted to make a quick sale
And he isn't responding to this thread

Sha what can I say he's one of the untouchables on Nairaland

That's why I said buyer is a novice.

He can be untouchable in here not outside of here. It will be nice if he responds to the allegation irrespective of the outcome.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rawlingsko: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mansoor001234:

I don't understand. Pls, explain how I'm tainting my name.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Rawlingsko:

I don't understand. Pls, explain how I'm tainting my name.
Your silence speaks for itself
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2023
But now
Everyone wants to hear your side of the story
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Does that mean you are a professional at selling stolen iPhones cause I can't make sense of whatever point you are making

Abi na techno infinix u dey use?
You don check am?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rawlingsko: 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
I posted a TLC 13 PRO TMOBILE LOCKED for sale on December 4, 2022.
Amolan showed interest and asked if the IMEI was clean and I told him YES.
I also sent him the IMEI for confirmation and he confirmed that it was clean.

On December 10, 2022, he made payment for the phone.

The phone landed and I forwarded pickup details to him on December 31, 2022.

On January 1, 2023, I got a message from him that the phone has been blacklisted. Report from his new imei check says it was blacklisted on December 19, 2022 and phone has been sold to him on December 10, 2022.

He said he is rejecting the phone and getting a refund.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rawlingsko: 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mansoor001234:

Your silence speaks for itself
Oga, pls!
Do you know if I was occupied with something else or not?
Do you think I live my life on here only?

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamoyindamola(m): 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Abi na techno infinix u dey use?
You don check am?
Lol
I use x and xr none of them is blacklisted

Btw that Samsung I used in checking too grin grin

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
Rawlingsko:

Oga, pls!
Do you know if I was occupied with something else or not?
Do you think I live my life on here only?
I won't accuse you without any reason
I noticed your username viewing this thread sir

About the refunds - Is it that you have a strict no refund policy on TLC that's why you can't refund
Or a blacklisted iPhone isn't a basis for return
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Lol
I use x and xr none of them is blacklisted
Even my iCloud locked xr

Btw that Samsung I used in checking too grin grin

Congratulations grin

What if it was blacklisted,what would you do? grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamoyindamola(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Congratulations grin

What if it was blacklisted,what would you do? grin
I am just hearing of blacklisted phones today for the first time
Since you are professional in the field tell me what should I do
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rawlingsko: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mansoor001234:

I won't accuse you without any reason
I noticed your username viewing this thread sir

About the refunds - Is it that you have a strict no refund policy on TLC that's why you can't refund
Or a blacklisted iPhone isn't a basis for return

If the item arrived physically damaged, sure, I would have refunded him......but a blacklisted phone after sales? No
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I am just hearing of blacklisted phones today for the first time
Since you are professional in the field tell me what should I do

Me na agba awo for this mattet. if your phone is blacklisted,as far as phone works,u can call,receive, browse. Just move on with life jeje,eat,drink palm wine groove and sleep. pikin wey dey call man daddy,papa or father no mean say na him be their biological father except DNA is carried out,kapish grin

See sample below,na today o grin

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2023
Rawlingsko:

If the item arrived physically damaged, sure, I would have refunded him......but a blacklisted phone after sales? No

Knowing that he is a novice,you should have explained to him how blacklist works,this is where I fault you.
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Knowing that he is a novice,you should have explained to him how blacklist works,this is where I fault you.
Same here

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamoyindamola(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Me na agba awo for this mattet. if your phone is blacklisted,as far as phone works,u can call,receive, browse. Just move on with life jeje,eat,drink palm wine groove and sleep. pikin wey dey call man daddy,papa or father no mean say na him be their biological father except DNA is carried out,kapish grin

See sample below,na today o grin
This is how you should have explain to the guy not threatening him
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Rawlingsko: 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

Bros, this person is not a novice.
Don't forget he asked me if the IMEI was clean before he made payment.

Note: This is not his first purchase from me. He talked about Clean imei in our previous dealings, so also this one.
He is fully aware of phones being blacklisted
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
Rawlingsko:

If you help him pay to get the blacklist removed,so he can as well pay to get it unlocked won't be a bad idea.

If you have been in this business since 2018,trust me you must have encountered one or two problems with buyers on blacklisted phones. Reach out to buyer baba make nna solve matter then hug.

1 Like

Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Mansoor001234(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

If you help him pay to get the blacklist removed,so he can as well pay to get it unlocked won't be a bad idea.

If you have been in this business since 2018,trust me you must have encountered one or two problems with buyers on blacklisted phones. Reach out to buyer baba make nna solve matter then hug.
I swr
From what I'm seeing they had previous dealings... So maybe this is an exception
You guys should just reach to a conclusion

OP talk... You've been quiet since
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by Alfred74: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2023
iamoyindamola:

This is how you should have explain to the guy not threatening him

His own case is different,he wants to Unlock the phone, since phone is blacklisted he can't get it unlocked unless blacklist is removed,Which will cost more money.

I was just goofing around cos he used the word criminology grin
Re: Dispute Resolution Thread [For Pickup/Deal Hunting & Other Issues Alike] by iamoyindamola(m): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
Alfred74:

His own case is different,he wants to Unlock the phone, since phone is blacklisted he can't get it unlocked unless blacklist is removed,Which will cost more money.

I was just goofing around cos he used the word criminology grin
Lol
Cool ride on boss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (186) (Reply)

Pre-order your Technologies From USA and Canada Few days deliv / Romoss PeA60 60Kmah, Romoss Pea40 Pro 40kmah, Romoss Sense 8pf+ 30kmah, etc / Buy From OFFERUP, Ebay, Amazon, In New York City!! & Ship To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.