Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71806 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
Debosneh31:

I just changed my civic 05 gear and its 90k excluding gear oil

thanks for the response
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by albetguy: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
My Toyota Highlander is showing a yellow light along with check vsc. I read that the fuel cap wasn’t properly locked. I locked it and heard a clip sound but the light is stilll showing.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
albetguy:
My Toyota Highlander is showing a yellow light along with check vsc. I read that the fuel cap wasn’t properly locked. I locked it and heard a clip sound but the light is stilll showing.
kindly snap the dash and post pls. or better still give a description of the "yellow sign"
from experience, if you have a leak in your emission system and the ecu detects a leak in the tank, it will disable your traction control and abs.
kindly scan or better still remove your battery terminals from the battery for like 15mins. lets see if the code will erase fro computer memory.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mgdimagaladima(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mazda 626
Whenever I clutch down to add gear or reduce gear the car makes sound as if my leg is still on throttle

And the car Consume much fuel than expected

Please someone should help me
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by neyop85(m): 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good evening all, I changed the complete shaft of my Honda DC. During test driving I noticed it was jerking while changing gears and it will jerk before getting into drive or reverse. 
I kept on changing gears while static and little by little the issue disappeared. 
Was the transmission system trying to calibrate itself with d new shaft? Is it normal for it to do that after changing a complete drive shaft?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2019
mgdimagaladima:
Mazda 626
Whenever I clutch down to add gear or reduce gear the car makes sound as if my leg is still on throttle

And the car Consume much fuel than expected

Please someone should help me

What model year is your mazda pls?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:01am On Sep 29, 2019
neyop85:
Good evening all, I changed the complete shaft of my Honda DC. During test driving I noticed it was jerking while changing gears and it will jerk before getting into drive or reverse. 
I kept on changing gears while static and little by little the issue disappeared. 
Was the transmission system trying to calibrate itself with d new shaft? Is it normal for it to do that after changing a complete drive shaft?

Good thing is issue has disappeared. However we cant say if its just for now. Pls pay special attention to how your car drives whenever you use it.
In my little experience, thats not normal. There shouldn't be any form of jerking for whatever reason. Except if the drive shaft wasn't fixed correctly before and luckily during driving it has corrected itself.
Also while U carried out this repair, did U remove the battery terminals, or connect a scan tool?
It is very possible your gear was performing a relearn during that process. But nit having full info makes it difficult to point out what exactly was happening.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by neyop85(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Good thing is issue has disappeared. However we cant say if its just for now. Pls pay special attention to how your car drives whenever you use it.
In my little experience, thats not normal. There shouldn't be any form of jerking for whatever reason. Except if the drive shaft wasn't fixed correctly before and luckily during driving it has corrected itself.
Also while U carried out this repair, did U remove the battery terminals, or connect a scan tool?
It is very possible your gear was performing a relearn during that process. But nit having full info makes it difficult to point out what exactly was happening.

Thank you, i did not remover the battery nor did i plug a scanning tool.

The gear is very fine now.

Many thanks.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2019
neyop85:

Thank you, i did not remover the battery nor did i plug a scanning tool.

The gear is very fine now.

Many thanks.
Alryt dts Beautiful. Sorry abt d late reply
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by kaz4sure2015: 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
Good evening my people , please what could be responsible for my Lexus RX 300 making cracking sound when turning the steering wheel most especially when reversing at low speed
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
kaz4sure2015:
Good evening my people , please what could be responsible for my Lexus RX 300 making cracking sound when turning the steering wheel most especially when reversing at low speed
Kindly check your steering system. Something my not be working properly.
Could also be those plastics trims not fitted properly. Since i dont know what kind of sound. I can't say what it is. So pls find a competent auto tech to trace dt noise.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2019
My Hyundai Tucson 2008 4plugs is not passing current to the plugs there by making it not to start but engine revolves, all fuses are intact and it has been consuming more fuel lately and rings out some smoke, the plugs are still good, what could be the problem, please hel p
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
nonhuman:
My Hyundai Tucson 2008 4plugs is not passing current to the plugs there by making it not to start but engine revolves, all fuses are intact and it has been consuming more fuel lately and rings out some smoke, the plugs are still good, what could be the problem, please hel p
Any error codes stored in memory?
If its electrical there shld be a code stored. A faulty crank position sensor could cause d absence of spark in your plugs
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2019
flootintin:
Hello, have white smoke from exhaust when climbing a hill but disappears immediately the car is on flat surface. Every tech spoken to had concluded top cylinder but I have not oil in water or water in oil. Coolant is not drained nor oil short. What else can trigger white smoke. Noticed it happens when am a lower gears.
If we'll focus on white smoke alone, the 2 causes of white smoke is coolant leak into the cylinder and secondly excess fuel flooding the cylinder.
Personally i think this might be an issue of your engine running rich during that short period. For confirmation, pls get in touch with a competent technician to diagnose the issue while performing a test drive. Let him look at the following PIDs:
MAP, MAF, STFT, LTFT, TPS AND both O2 sensor readings.
You need to replicate that scenario and watch what information the engine computer is receiving that makes it flood the engine during that period.
Pls kindly check your air filter. Ensure its not clogged or dirty
and starving the engine from receiving enough air. Also check your MAF or MAP to be sure they are working properly. If i find any more relevant info i would share...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by autologic: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
flootintin:
Hello, have white smoke from exhaust when climbing a hill but disappears immediately the car is on flat surface. Every tech spoken to had concluded top cylinder but I have not oil in water or water in oil. Coolant is not drained nor oil short. What else can trigger white smoke. Noticed it happens when am a lower gears.
White smoke that occurs at any Engine speed is indication engine oil seeping into combustion chamber , go for further diagnosis (leak down or compression test) to get nail the root of the issue .
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
autologic:

White smoke that occurs at any Engine speed is indication engine oil seeping into combustion chamber , go for further diagnosis (leak down or compression test) to get nail the root of the issue .
This is an issue of white smoke at low RPM. And customer says it only occurs when he climbs a hill. Not white smoke at any RPM.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2019
flootintin:
Update, I drove the car today but didn't throttle hard and no white smoke uphill. I easied off the throttle going uphill and the gears changed easily without any smoke but didn't get the required acceleration.
Ok... There are so many things that can cause this. However this feels to me like a case of low power deliver from the engine. My suggestion is this.
Start with the easiest things. If u haven't done this before;
1. Clean your air filter. Change if badly clogged.
2. Clean your fuel injectors. Change them if tested and found to be failing.
3. Spark plugs. Clean them if dirty. Change them if badly worn. But pls take note of their physical appearance. It will point to what is happening in the cylinder.

If this is done and symptoms still persist... Them you need to consult your doctor grin
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Haviash: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
My Fx45 jerk a bit while on motion.. pls whats d possible cause
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
flootintin:
Will do and report back.
Alright boss...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Haviash:
My Fx45 jerk a bit while on motion.. pls whats d possible cause
Mechanically, worn engine seats
Misfires in cylinder.
Faulty suspension parts
Bad wheel or tyre...
Weak fuel pump, clogged fuel filter or restricted fuel supply line.... Alot of things can cause this jerking sir.
Pls Kindly provide more precise info on this jerk to give better response.

Tho cancel out misfire. Does your check engine flash during this jerking?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by autologic: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2019
flootintin:
But my idea concerning compression test is the engine may require a rebuild if any cylinder fails. Or am I wrong?
That is the essence of the test.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
What is causing fuel drain in my Hyundai, lately by 50%. The car starts well but ever since I changed fuel filter my fuel drain increased, and there is flood in my street I usually pass what effect can it have with my car
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Any error codes stored in memory?[b][/b]al
If its electrical there shld be a code stored. A faulty crank position sensor could cause d absence of spark in your plugs
non
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
nonhuman:
What is causing fuel drain in my Hyundai, lately by 50%. The car starts well but ever since I changed fuel filter my fuel drain increased, and there is flood in my street I usually pass what effect can it have with my car
Please what do you mean by fuel drain?
Do you mean your vehicle consumes more fuel?
Or you notice fuel leak from the vehicle?
Pls kindly clarify... Thanks

As regards, pls be careful how you go through flood. If its possible to avoid it by taking a longer route pls do. internal combustion engines do not like flood. If water gets into areas its not supposed to get to, it wil cause a huge damage and cost of fixing will be high. Esp parts that are located in the lower part of the vehicle like starter motor, compressor, PS pump (in some vehicles), excess water or dirt can reduce the performance of your radiator, condenser and the fans.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Henrygreat212(m): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please House good evening... I drive Lexus 350 2010 model.. but after parking the car for 3 weeks without warning or driving it, my car just developed fault. It just just started showing check engine, Check 4WD sign, then even with hard throttling it won't speed pass someone walking... Urgent response on what I should do next and how/where to resolve this issue will be highly appreciated.. Thanks House
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
Henrygreat212:
Please House good evening... I drive Lexus 350 2010 model.. but after parking the car for 3 weeks without warning or driving it, my car just developed fault. It just just started showing check engine, Check 4WD sign, then even with hard throttling it won't speed pass someone walking... Urgent response on what I should do next and how/where to resolve this issue will be highly appreciated.. Thanks House
Bro sorry about this unfortunate event. First point of call is physical inspection. Do you see anything out of place?
When accelerating do the tyres roll freely or does it feel like the parking brake is holding the tyres down?
Also the check engine light is a good indication that there is a stored fault in your engine computer. This might reveal the cause for your faulty engine performance.
Pls do find a competent automotive technician to scan all the systems in the vehicle. This will help with identifying the problem....

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Henrygreat212(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Bro sorry about this unfortunate event. First point of call is physical inspection. Do you see anything out of place?
When accelerating do the tyres roll freely or does it feel like the parking brake is holding the tyres down?
Also the check engine light is a good indication that there is a stored fault in your engine computer. This might reveal the cause for your faulty engine performance.
Pls do find a competent automotive technician to scan all the systems in the vehicle. This will help with identifying the problem....

From the physical inspection nothing is out of place.. the tyres moves freely when I drive/throttle... I will go for scan as stated... Thanks and God Bless You

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (38) (Reply)

Mulliner Bacalar: Bentley Unveils Car With Trim Made From 5,000-Year-old Wood / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria / Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.