Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,563 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71986 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2020
adeoge86:
hello , my 2007 honda accord jerks forward while changing from gear 1 to gear 2 but smothly changes on other gears......however, if i remove leg from pedal when its just about to change from gear 1 to 2, it changes smoothly, what can i do to rectify this? or is it a manual gear 1? lol
Lol... Chief... Nothing like manual gear one. grin grin grin
First start with the basics.
Did you perform any repairs on the gear recently?
When last did you service the trans system?
Check the gear oil. Is it properly guaged?
When you drive does any of the gear lights on the dash blink?
Next scan the transmission. Lets see if there are any codes stored that can point us in the right direction.

I suspect there is a faulty solenoid in the valve body that might need to be replaced. However lets start with the basics.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by adeoge86: 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
I have been using oando transmission oil and haven't changed it in 1year.....it doesn't blink while engaged. The oil also guages.....i didn't perform any repairs recently.....
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
adeoge86:
I have been using oando transmission oil and haven't changed it in 1year.....it doesn't blink while engaged. The oil also guages.....i didn't perform any repairs recently.....

Ok good.
So scan the transmission for stored codes.
If the problem is Electrical it will be scored.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by martyns200(m): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2020
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Dayolistic4u: 6:34am On Sep 21, 2020
Good morning all,
Please am having serious issues with my Honda Accord 2009 model, 2.4L, 4 Plug Engine......all of a sudden the check engine light started to blink anytime I try to accelerate and once it started blinking the car will not be able to fire up pass 3000 Rpm, I have diagnosed it and it say cylinder 2 and 3 random multiple misfire and also error code P0341 Cam sensor bank A misplaced error detect. I have change the sensor, service the valves, nossle, change the fuel pulp, replace the gasket, change the oil pressure switch and still yet the check engine light is still blinking, infact I have spend a lot and it has not been fix and now the mechanic is telling me that it has to be Brain box and I totally disagree with him.
Please at this junction I don't know what else to do about 3 different mechanics have work on it and couldn't fix it..
Please I urgently need your assistance here and I will be so glad if anyone who has experience anything of such can be of help to me with the solution.
Thank you
Waiting for your reply
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:04am On Sep 21, 2020
martyns200:
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.

If the tokunbo is original and still in a very good condition. You can go for it.
My problem with brand new is most times their quality is very questionable...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2020
Dayolistic4u:
Good morning all,
Please am having serious issues with my Honda Accord 2009 model, 2.4L, 4 Plug Engine......all of a sudden the check engine light started to blink anytime I try to accelerate and once it started blinking the car will not be able to fire up pass 3000 Rpm, I have diagnosed it and it say cylinder 2 and 3 random multiple misfire and also error code P0341 Cam sensor bank A misplaced error detect. I have change the sensor, service the valves, nossle, change the fuel pulp, replace the gasket, change the oil pressure switch and still yet the check engine light is still blinking, infact I have spend a lot and it has not been fix and now the mechanic is telling me that it has to be Brain box and I totally disagree with him.
Please at this junction I don't know what else to do about 3 different mechanics have work on it and couldn't fix it..
Please I urgently need your assistance here and I will be so glad if anyone who has experience anything of such can be of help to me with the solution.
Thank you
Waiting for your reply
Good morning.
Sorry about your ordeal. You need a very competent Technician to help handle this issue.
Where is your location?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Dayolistic4u: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Good morning.
Sorry about your ordeal. You need a very competent Technician to help handle this issue.
Where is your location?
Am in Warri, Delta State
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ocdeut(m): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
AutoMoTech:

To know what the problem is you need to carry out a scan sir.
That way the error codes stored in addition to proper Diagnosis will help point in the right direction.
Pls scan all modules and post codes here for further assistance

Please, I called a technician to do a scan on my Avalon car just as you recommended and after the scan, the error code was P0455.
The tech said it is an Evap(evaporative) emission system leak detected(large leak). The Tech suggested it might be a gas cap issue but after proper covering of the gas cap, the issue remain unsolved. Please, what must be the possible cause and how can it be fix?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
Dayolistic4u:

Am in Warri, Delta State
Very sorry i responding late.
I had actually typed the reply. Just checking the thread and i discovered I didnt post it.
Regardless. Keep am open mind.
Your Mechanic might be right or wrong.
Diagnosis is what will help point you in the right direction.
However i have some questions.
After changing the cam sensor, were you still having the misfires?
Also did you confirm the circuit integrity of the wiring from the ECU to the camshaft sensor?

I believe the ECU is probably limiting engine power to 3000 RPM due to the misfire it is recording.
Kindly do the following;
Scan again to ensure there are no other codes causing the misfire.
Try confirm the wiring to the Camshaft sensor.
Confirm the sensor itself is good.
Then check the ECU for any abnormailities.
If all is good then the cause of the misfire might just be mechanical....
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2020
ocdeut:

Please, I called a technician to do a scan on my Avalon car just as you recommended and after the scan, the error code was P0455.
The tech said it is an Evap(evaporative) emission system leak detected(large leak). The Tech suggested it might be a gas cap issue but after proper covering of the gas cap, the issue remain unsolved. Please, what must be the possible cause and how can it be fix?
Most times when the ECU records a large leak it is usually as a result of the gas cap not tight enough or being faulty.
Ensure the gas cap is still in good working condition. Enough to hold the pressure within the fuel tank.
Next you will need to diagnose the EVAP system as a whole.
The hoses, solenoids, the pressure sensor, the fuel tank etc...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ocdeut(m): 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Most times when the ECU records a large leak it is usually as a result of the gas cap not tight enough or being faulty.
Ensure the gas cap is still in good working condition. Enough to hold the pressure within the fuel tank.
Next you will need to diagnose the EVAP system as a whole.
The hoses, solenoids, the pressure sensor, the fuel tank etc...

I think the gas cap is still in good working condition.
Thanks for the advice. God bless you
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2020
ocdeut:

I think the gas cap is still in good working condition.
Thanks for the advice. God bless you
To confirm can you find another one to use and test?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Dayolistic4u: 9:11am On Sep 23, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Very sorry i responding late.
I had actually typed the reply. Just checking the thread and i discovered I didnt post it.
Regardless. Keep am open mind.
Your Mechanic might be right or wrong.
Diagnosis is what will help point you in the right direction.
However i have some questions.
After changing the cam sensor, were you still having the misfires?
Also did you confirm the circuit integrity of the wiring from the ECU to the camshaft sensor?

I believe the ECU is probably limiting engine power to 3000 RPM due to the misfire it is recording.
Kindly do the following;
Scan again to ensure there are no other codes causing the misfire.
Try confirm the wiring to the Camshaft sensor.
Confirm the sensor itself is good.
Then check the ECU for any abnormailities.
If all is good then the cause of the misfire might just be mechanical....

After the Cam sensor is changed, the engine still misfire and I told him am not ready for the brain box now, but to my surprise the following day when I drive the car to take my kids to clinic, the misfire stop the blinking stop too but the engine check light remain on the dashboard, so I will be going to rescan the car to be sure everything is fine and check all the thing you mention here.
Thank you
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
Dayolistic4u:

After the Cam sensor is changed, the engine still misfire and I told him am not ready for the brain box now, but to my surprise the following day when I drive the car to take my kids to clinic, the misfire stop the blinking stop too but the engine check light remain on the dashboard, so I will be going to rescan the car to be sure everything is fine and check all the thing you mention here.
Thank you

Ok good. I will.advuce you also clear the codes. Drive the car around and lets see what codes come back. Hopefully none does sha.
Probably the misfire was just a temporary issue due to bad fuel or whatever...

Just monitor the performance.... Enjoy
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Good afternoon

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by johnonuh: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please my Camry tiny light doesn't start just one kick it will only revolve and then i will switch off completely and then restart again before the car will start, this is the first time am experiencing such please what could be the fault and possible solution
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ocdeut(m): 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
AutoMoTech:

To confirm can you find another one to use and test?

Okay, I think I'll do just that.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
ocdeut:

Okay, I think I'll do just that.
So we can confirm or confidently rule it out...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Baba40(f): 3:04am On Sep 26, 2020
Very educative thread...
How much will it cost me to return my car to factory setting? My thermostat is present but it was disconnected when my previous engine was having overheating problem
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:59am On Sep 26, 2020
Baba40:
Very educative thread...
How much will it cost me to return my car to factory setting? My thermostat is present but it was disconnected when my previous engine was having overheating problem
What car are we talking about here?

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2020
AutoMoTech:

You are welcome.
Ofcourse you are supposed to flush the radiator properly and also change the oil that was mixing with the water.
This is to avoid further damage to the part it lubricates.
Discuss with your Mechanic and pls ensure he uses original oil ooo...
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2020
AutoMoTech:

You are welcome.
Ofcourse you are supposed to flush the radiator properly and also change the oil that was mixing with the water.
This is to avoid further damage to the part it lubricates.
Discuss with your Mechanic and pls ensure he uses original oil ooo...

what are the implications of radiator fan constantly on?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2020
drmuchin:

what are the implications of radiator fan constantly on?
All things being equal the cooling system is as it should be i.e. coolant temp sensor good, hoses good, thermostat present, radiator not clogged inside etc only issue will be the fan being overworked since it is constantly working.

So just ensure every other thing is good.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 9:59am On Sep 28, 2020
AutoMoTech:

All things being equal the cooling system is as it should be i.e. coolant temp sensor good, hoses good, thermostat present, radiator not clogged inside etc only issue will be the fan being overworked since it is constantly working.

So just ensure every other thing is good.

God bless you. Where is thermostat located? Esp in a golf 4 2.0L engine? how do I know if it is working
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
drmuchin:

God bless you. Where is thermostat located? Esp in a golf 4 2.0L engine? how do I know if it is working
for ease, search on google.
if you can find it, put it in water and boil. note the temperature it begins to open if it corresponds to the indicated temp for your vehicle
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ibbkiddsx: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hello house,
Please I need your help, my Toyota 4runner 06 V8 started displaying this check on the dashboard.
Whenever I scanned it, I get this scan code P0016. If I cleared it will come up again.
What is the reason and how do I solve the problem.

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by radautoworks: 4:48am On Oct 02, 2020
ibbkiddsx:
Hello house,
Please I need your help, my Toyota 4runner 06 V8 started displaying this check on the dashboard.
Whenever I scanned it, I get this scan code P0016. If I cleared it will come up again.
What is the reason and how do I solve the problem.

Ever change your timing belt? No? Replace with OE timing belt. Yes? Replace with OE timing belt. Used OE timing belt? Adjust camshaft timing.

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by proclinician: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lexus es 300 2003 pulled up these. Car was gotten toks in Feb. Gas milage is poor other than that it runs great. Any thoughts?

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ibbkiddsx: 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
radautoworks:

Ever change your timing belt? No? Replace with OE timing belt. Yes? Replace with OE timing belt. Used OE timing belt? Adjust camshaft timing.

Thank you very much.

How much can I get the OE timing belt?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:43am On Oct 03, 2020
proclinician:
Lexus es 300 2003 pulled up these. Car was gotten toks in Feb. Gas milage is poor other than that it runs great. Any thoughts?
The description for the First error code P0300 is wrong. It shouldn't be knock sensor code.
It should be for random cylinder misfire.

The next 2 codes point to either your catalyst being bad or absent or your 02 sensors being faulty and causing a false catalyst fault code.

The last 3 codes point to your Evap system. There is a leak in the system and a wiring problem to your vent solenoid.

Check the above.
I will also advice you rescan with a more highend scanner to clarify that first code.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by sookoo: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Good evening house. Please the Slip indicator and check engine light came on and stayed on the dashboard after the car was driven for like three hours. This has not happened before when the car travels shorter distances. The car is a Toyota Corolla 2011.What do I do please? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (38) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / N240m Bentley Bentayga Mansory Spotted In Lagos (Photos & Video) / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.