Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (71984 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Alpacino85(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2020
I need an engine coolant temperature sensor for my 2002 Benz c200 classic, couldn't get it in aba.Any nairalander in Lagos willing to help me out @ ladipo
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by olaboyeh(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2020
Automotech o..baba come interprete this English o

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2020
ocdeut:

Please what is the cause of my Toyota Avalon showing headlight levelling signal and vehicle stability signal (VSC) on my dash board anytime the ignition is ON?
Pls kindy clarify so we can properly assist you.
Is it only when ignition is on or when the engine is running?
Because when the ignition is on, all the lights normally should come on as a Diagnostic feature.
However if the light stays on while the engine is running then we know there is a problem.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2020
My Honda civic 8generation delays to engage revers sometimes, it takes longer till I turn of engine and on again some tines it takes seconds sometimes it will engage normal, but the drive selects and drive well, transmission fluid guaged very well and I am using the recommended Dw1 what could be the problem
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ocdeut(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Pls kindy clarify so we can properly assist you.
Is it only when ignition is on or when the engine is running?
Because when the ignition is on, all the lights normally should come on as a Diagnostic feature.
However if the light stays on while the engine is running then we know there is a problem.

It actually stays ON when engine is running.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:23pm On Aug 30, 2020
ocdeut:

It actually stays ON when engine is running.
To know what the problem is you need to carry out a scan sir.
That way the error codes stored in addition to proper Diagnosis will help point in the right direction.
Pls scan all modules and post codes here for further assistance
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
nonhuman:
My Honda civic 8generation delays to engage revers sometimes, it takes longer till I turn of engine and on again some tines it takes seconds sometimes it will engage normal, but the drive selects and drive well, transmission fluid guaged very well and I am using the recommended Dw1 what could be the problem
The ECU also controls the transmission. I believe there is possibly an error code stored for that shift solenoid.
Kindly scan your transmission and let's see wat problems error code is stored.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by nonhuman(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2020
AutoMoTech:

The ECU also controls the transmission. I believe there is possibly an error code stored for that shift solenoid.
Kindly scan your transmission and let's see wat problems error code is stored.
can the transmission be scanned differently, or just normal obd scanning
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2020
nonhuman:
can the transmission be scanned differently, or just normal obd scanning
If you can get a capable scanner not all those bluetooth scanner o. So you can scan all the modules.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by ocdeut(m): 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
AutoMoTech:

To know what the problem is you need to carry out a scan sir.
That way the error codes stored in addition to proper Diagnosis will help point in the right direction.
Pls scan all modules and post codes here for further assistance
Okay.
I'll do the scanning and get back.
Thank you for the response so far. Bless
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
ocdeut:

Okay.
I'll do the scanning and get back.
Thank you for the response so far. Bless
Welcome.... Will be expecting
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2020
nonhuman:
Hello... Have you been able to scan the vehilce?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:47am On Sep 01, 2020
Alpacino85:
I need an engine coolant temperature sensor for my 2002 Benz c200 classic, couldn't get it in aba.Any nairalander in Lagos willing to help me out @ ladipo
Sorry for late response. Have you been able to get it?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2020
olaboyeh:
Automotech o..baba come interprete this English o
Bros sorry for late reply. Most of these codes are electrical.
However to be sure you need to diagnose the issue to narrow them down.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by olaboyeh(m): 6:36am On Sep 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Bros sorry for late reply. Most of these codes are electrical.
However to be sure you need to diagnose the issue to narrow them down.

Hmmm okay sir
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by IamOguamalam(m): 1:57am On Sep 09, 2020
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
hello @ AutoMoTech i noticed oil mixed with water in my radiator resevoir. It also contained some slimy sludge. What could be the cause?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
drmuchin:
hello @ AutoMoTech i noticed oil mixed with water in my radiator resevoir. It also contained some slimy sludge. What could be the cause?
what car is this?
it could be engine oil or transmission oil mixing with water.
to confirm pull out the dip stick and observe the which on it is.
prepare to replace the radiator and also perform a thorough oil flush
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2020
AutoMoTech:
what car is this? it could be engine oil or transmission oil mixing with water. to confirm pull out the dip stick and observe the which on it is. prepare to replace the radiator and also perform a thorough oil flush
VW GOLF 4 2.0L OIL IN DIP STICK IS NORMAL CONSISTENCY SOMEONE MENTIONED WATER CONVERTER
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:56am On Sep 11, 2020
drmuchin:

VW GOLF 4 2.0L
OIL IN DIP STICK IS NORMAL CONSISTENCY
SOMEONE MENTIONED WATER CONVERTER
Pls kindly ask the person what water converter is
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2020
drmuchin:

VW GOLF 4 2.0L
OIL IN DIP STICK IS NORMAL CONSISTENCY
SOMEONE MENTIONED WATER CONVERTER
One thing is sure. Its either your engine oil or your gear oil is mixing.
You need to find out which is which.
Also try locate the oil cooler. Its a shinny part on the gear designed to cool the oil with coolant. I know they usually fail many times. Common to VWs. It might be the cause of your problem
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Pls kindly ask the person what water converter is

that device where the oil filter is attached? to which is connected 2 rubber pipes that transmit water.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2020
drmuchin:

that device where the oil filter is attached? to which is connected 2 rubber pipes that transmit water.
Thats most likely the oil cooler. Its the samr thing we're talking about.
Most likely the faulty part
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by drmuchin: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Thats most likely the oil cooler. Its the samr thing we're talking about.
Most likely the faulty part

THE PART HAS BEEN REPLACED SIR. THE SLUDGE HAS STOPPED APPEARING IN THE RESERVOIR, THOUGH THE WATER IS STILL OILY. I WAS TOLD TO FLUSH THE RADIATOR AFTERWARDS TO CORRECT THAT. THANKS SO MUC FOR YOUR INSIGHT
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:33am On Sep 16, 2020
drmuchin:

THE PART HAS BEEN REPLACED SIR. THE SLUDGE HAS STOPPED APPEARING IN THE RESERVOIR, THOUGH THE WATER IS STILL OILY. I WAS TOLD TO FLUSH THE RADIATOR AFTERWARDS TO CORRECT THAT. THANKS SO MUC FOR YOUR INSIGHT
You are welcome.
Ofcourse you are supposed to flush the radiator properly and also change the oil that was mixing with the water.
This is to avoid further damage to the part it lubricates.
Discuss with your Mechanic and pls ensure he uses original oil ooo...

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mobolaji234: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Bros, weldone Sir. Please I want to restore my golf 3 1.8L engine to factory spec. I intend getting a tokunbo engine alongside. Sir I don't mind bringing it down to your workshop. Please will you be chanced to work on it and how much does the engine cost. Thank you
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2020
mobolaji234:
Bros, weldone Sir.
Please I want to restore my golf 3 1.8L engine to factory spec. I intend
getting a tokunbo engine alongside. Sir I don't mind bringing it down to
your workshop. Please will you be chanced to work on it and how much
does the engine cost. Thank you
good afternoon chief. what happened to the vehicle initially?
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mobolaji234: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
AutoMoTech:

good afternoon chief. what happened to the vehicle initially?

The engine is smoking and killing spark plugs. This has affected the condition of the car and now consumes fuel a lot. The previous mech grooved the piston and used a Toyota ring without my knowledge as this made the cars performance worse. The new mech suggested I either change the engine or get another fairly used block and pistons.
Asides this I wish to restore the engine back to its original state with thermostat and every things work perfectly.
Thanks for your time
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2020
mobolaji234:

The engine is smoking and killing spark plugs. This has affected the condition of the car and now consumes fuel a lot. The previous mech grooved the piston and used a Toyota ring without my knowledge as this made the cars performance worse. The new mech suggested I either change the engine or get another fairly used block and pistons.
Asides this I wish to restore the engine back to its original state with thermostat and every things work perfectly.
Thanks for your time
Kindly reach me via whatsapp lets discuss further.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by mobolaji234: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2020
AutoMoTech:
Kindly reach me via whatsapp lets discuss further.
Thanks. I'll do. Your number please
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
mobolaji234:

Thanks. I'll do.
Your number please
Check my sig
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by adeoge86: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2020
hello , my 2007 honda accord jerks forward while changing from gear 1 to gear 2 but smothly changes on other gears......however, if i remove leg from pedal when its just about to change from gear 1 to 2, it changes smoothly, what can i do to rectify this? or is it a manual gear 1? lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Asaba Airport Road, Entire Family Dead... Graphic Photos / N240m Bentley Bentayga Mansory Spotted In Lagos (Photos & Video) / You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.