Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! (28271 Views)

Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. / How Bet9ja Virtual Almost Ruined My Life!!! / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ifada123: 8:41am On Jun 23, 2019
Martinez19:
Oga. You have a poor mindset and I no blame you sha. Knowledge is power. Knowledge that are relevant to the social are harnessed to boost technology, run industries, solve problems(some of which could end up saving lives) and improve standard of living. That's on a societal level and mind you, there is a business side to relevant knowledge. For the individual, it informs his mind and sharpens it to solve problems and make reasonable contributions to benefit society and himself.

Your problem is that you reduce everything to naira and kobo. How can you study a course and earn good grades because you want to make money? Is that why you should study a course? This backward mindset is why we have many uninformed and dull graduates who made their way through the university doing la cram la pour instead of striving to understand what they are studying and the relevance of their course of study. Many graduates don't even understand their course of study and some have even forgotten what they soaked up through la cram la pour. Even those that really studied have forgotten what they did in university because they have a bad reading culture, stopped studying after school, neglected expertise and self development in their course of study and kept marauding the streets for #300k per month job.

What services can a dull and uniformed graduate offer that can be exchanged for money? Nothing! That's why even Nigerian engineers are usually replaced by Chinese, Indian and other foreign engineering experts because they have something to offer which their Nigerian counterparts can't and that is high expertise. You think you can just speed through school with nothing in your head with la cram la pour and expect jobs with mouth watering pay to fall from heaven? grin kole werk, I say kole werk. Not only do people like you have a poor mindset and approach to education, many of you jump to less relevant courses and expect a expect a job that will make you live like a doctor. grin kole werk. To make matters worse, many of you don't even understand these courses and their relevance.

The result of this is that we have computer engineers that can't even build computers. These computer engineers are useless because they have nothing to offer hence their degrees are useless. How can these graduates expect a mouth watering job? For where dey wan see job with nothing for head? Who dash monkey banana? grin Even our electricians from villages who learnt as apprentices are more useful and knowledgeable than those that studied electrical and electronic engineering. grin

Even in business, the same principle applies. If you have goods and services that people are willing to pay for, then you make money if not, you go broke. If your services cost much, substantially supercedes production cost and many many people are willing to buy or someone is ready to buy many, you don hammer. In the university, your good grades puts you on top but in the real world, the services you can render that people are willing to pay for puts you on top. If you like leave school and start anyhow business, you go suffer. grin People who earn money in the real world through their degrees have expertise and deep understanding of their specialties to offer not a degree, la cram la pour and emptiness like our graduates. Doctors are trained to be experts, offer their their expertise as services and government is willing to pay them, what can you offer that can be exchanged for money? With the poor mentality you've displayed so far, I am certain you have nothing to offer.

If you like, keep reducing everything to naira and kobo. School is not a scam. As Mariangeles said, and I agree, only olodos think school is a scam. Even that business you are talking about, how many business men hit it big? Very few of them. Your eyes will clear on this fact very soon but I hope you are lucky. All I see in you is an academic failure who is trying to console himself by degrading education. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg transformed programming skills to services that can be exchanged for money, what do you have? What business ideas and goods and services do you have? grin Did Prof. Wole Soyinka do business? Did Chinua Achebe do business? Chimamanda Adichie nko? Sir Isaac Newton and Einstein nko? Just say you no know book and leave people that are smart, who know what they are doing and cut out for education alone. Mtewwwww.

If you think your purpose is naira and kobo, school is not for you. Leave school but don't you call education a scam. Mouth watering jobs won't fall because you have an A and you know the definition of photosynthesis. What can you offer that will be exchanged for money? Olodo.

Cc. Ifada123, Mariangeles, ityP
I have always been of the saying that, school na scam statement is for does who never had the education.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! by ityP(m): 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
UPDATE!!!

I've been inducted as a Medical Laboratory Scientist. I was also awarded Best Graduating Student in Chemical Pathology. Thank God for a wonderful testimony. I'm grateful to you all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo: Prof Reacts To His Student Acknowledging His Babe In His Project. / Drama In Edo: Teacher Cant Read Her Document / Ifeoluwa Olofin: NBA First Female Governor General Emerges, Stirs Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.