Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 (25263 Views)

South-East Youths Reject Peter Obi, Back Tinubu & Shettima - The Nation / Yerima Shettima: Miyetti Allah Owns No Land In Nigeria, The Governmet Owns Them / Amotekun: Yerima Shettima Says North Should Be Ready For Their Own Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
I’m sure the idiot will run to Sudan before that time

Power Must come back to South west and nothing more
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by bptc10: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
no no no this man must be joking, tinubu must be president come 2023, APUTO
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by onyenje: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
the North has the number and they determine the next president. the unfortunate thing is that their elites don't use power to their advantage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by charleybam(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Selfish Claims..i don give up for dis corntree since
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by okito: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
When I read some comments, I cant help but castigate Lord Lugard for the 1914 amalgamation!
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by loomer: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Amen o
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Odingo1: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
TooNoisy:
Why are the IPOB children so happy about this kind of news? I thought 2023 was their turn. They keep hating on Tinubu meanwhile by 2023, the SW would have produced 8 years of President, 8 years of VP and 8 years of Speaker. The most the Igbos have had is 8 years of Senate President. The unfortunate thing for the SE is that they do not have one credible person to even present to be voted for. Not one.

Let me just make it plain. Power is returning to the South West in 2023. Nothing can stop that - not some mischievous AYCF who have been paid. Buhari will support a SW candidate and we have already seen all the signs especially with Gbaja's emergence as speaker and Fayemi's emergence as Chairman of Governors forum.
Even if the PDP fields a Northerner, an APC candidate from the South West will defeat him. Abiola defeated Tofa in 1993, Obasanjo defeated Buhari in 2003 and Osinbajo/Tinubu/Fayemi will defeat any Northern candidate from PDP in 2023.
You are just ranting, Obasanjo does not represent SW, you did not vote for him.

With all this positions the entire SW state is littered with brown roofs with every Yoruba man claiming to be from Lagos.

Tinubu will be thought a lesson of his life and he end up with a rat poison like Awolowo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Theboss100(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Yerima Shettima Will U Shut Up!! Are U Parasites The Only One In This Country? I Tip SW N SE To Produce A Christian President By 2023. Stupid AREWA Mumuric Group

Spits
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Aidejay(m): 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
By 2023 south go get sense
By d time fulani chop chop dia father Dem go wise
Eventually na mini war go happen

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Jinad50: 3:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
ceejayMAX:
THUNDER SCATTER DAT UR MOUTH
Stop being pretentious.

Had he said someone from your region would become the President of Niaja in 2023, I doubt if u will have any problem with that.

politics in Nigeria has been polarized into different front, so it his only natural for him to advocate for presidency for his region.

Bro politics in Nigeria is a game of interest, so don't defame those fighting for their interest.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by taiwolomo1: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:
- Alhaji Yerima Shettima says the north will produce the next president when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023

- Shettima, who is the president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, says the current administration has not favoured the north

- The AYCF president says the ruling All Progressives Congress will die before 2023

- Shettima says the north will never allow power to shift to the south, adding that it is the only thing the zone has The president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), Alhaji Yerima Shettima, has said that the north will produce the next president when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023.

Legit.ng gathers that Shettima stated this in an interview published in the New Telegraph on Friday, June 21.

The AYCF president said President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has not favoured the north, adding that the current government is purely a southwest government.

He said: "I don’t know who is going to be the next president of Nigeria until we see those who will declare interest.

However, talking about the zone, which should produce the president in 2023, I have said it on many occasions that the North will produce the next president and you could see that the issue is becoming very clear. "I don’t just make pronouncement on something I am not sure of.

We are sure that this government has not favoured the North. This government is purely a South-West government. They have taken everything.

" Shettima also said that the only thing that is holding the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) together is President Buhari, adding that the party will die before 2023. He said:

"Even in the National Assembly, somebody was working to ensure that his interest is protected to make it easy for him to become president come 2023, but unfortunately the party itself will die before 2023.

"By 2023, All Progressives Congress (APC) will no longer be visible. The only thing that holds that party is President Buhari, but he is not coming back.

This is his last tenure and I am sure the Buhari I know will be busy thinking of how to go for his retirement rather than thinking of whether the party survives or not.

"He has achieved all he wanted to achieve. He has become both head of state and civilian president."

"On what informed his belief that APC would die before 2023, he said: "It is because of the characters that formed the party do not share the same ideology. Theirs was completely unholy marriage.

"We will continue to fight until our last blood. We will continue to expose them until the right people come to governance. It is not a personal thing; it is for us. The North must have to retain power.

"You cannot take power, which is the only thing that is left for us now. The current president is not really helping us. Insecurity has destroyed the entire North. We are left with poverty, kidnaping and banditry on daily basis.

"People are dying and you think the little power we have despite the fact it is not being used for the best interest of our people, we will just fold our hands and allowed it to be taken back by the South, which have resources.

The common man in the North is not benefiting anything; the whole thing is held in the hands of few individuals and you think we will allow that."

https://www.legit.ng/1244671-the-north-produce-president-2023-arewa-youths-leader-shettima.html

This man must be very stupid....and securiy agencies wont act on this barbaric statement!!! Hell no....I forgot the all from d north as wel...Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by jubilegend(m): 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
who is dis man sef. YERIMUMU SHETIMUMU.2023 like say na your papa get the country.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by nokia1000(m): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
It can only happen if the Souths are partisan
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by ken6488(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
Cocolatti:
The guy is speaking the mind of the North. The South should take note and stop this Yoruba vs Igbo fight and unite to wrestle power in 2023 or else the North will rule for another 20years like they did before (1979-1999)
bro help me beg them for me cry cry cry cry
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by VirginSearcher(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by NonsoWow: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
Oloripelebe:
I support shettima on this, let the north keep ruling till south get sense

Tinubu is a NO NO for me
Southwest will field someone else. Tinubu is just a decoy to deflect attention from the real masquerade.

3 Likes

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
3rdavefarms:
I’m sure the idiot will run to Sudan before that time

Power Must come back to South west and nothing more

HOW EXACTLY WILL POWER RETURN TO THE SW WITHOUT VOTES FROM THE NORTHH/SS/SE? 8

9 Likes

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Banter1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
I am a northerner and i don't agree with you.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:
- Alhaji Yerima Shettima says the north will produce the next president when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023

- Shettima, who is the president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, says the current administration has not favoured the north

- The AYCF president says the ruling All Progressives Congress will die before 2023

- Shettima says the north will never allow power to shift to the south, adding that it is the only thing the zone has The president of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum (AYCF), Alhaji Yerima Shettima, has said that the north will produce the next president when President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023.

Legit.ng gathers that Shettima stated this in an interview published in the New Telegraph on Friday, June 21.

The AYCF president said President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has not favoured the north, adding that the current government is purely a southwest government.

He said: "I don’t know who is going to be the next president of Nigeria until we see those who will declare interest.

However, talking about the zone, which should produce the president in 2023, I have said it on many occasions that the North will produce the next president and you could see that the issue is becoming very clear. "I don’t just make pronouncement on something I am not sure of.

We are sure that this government has not favoured the North. This government is purely a South-West government. They have taken everything.

" Shettima also said that the only thing that is holding the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) together is President Buhari, adding that the party will die before 2023. He said:

"Even in the National Assembly, somebody was working to ensure that his interest is protected to make it easy for him to become president come 2023, but unfortunately the party itself will die before 2023.

"By 2023, All Progressives Congress (APC) will no longer be visible. The only thing that holds that party is President Buhari, but he is not coming back.

This is his last tenure and I am sure the Buhari I know will be busy thinking of how to go for his retirement rather than thinking of whether the party survives or not.

"He has achieved all he wanted to achieve. He has become both head of state and civilian president."

"On what informed his belief that APC would die before 2023, he said: "It is because of the characters that formed the party do not share the same ideology. Theirs was completely unholy marriage.

"We will continue to fight until our last blood. We will continue to expose them until the right people come to governance. It is not a personal thing; it is for us. The North must have to retain power.

"You cannot take power, which is the only thing that is left for us now. The current president is not really helping us. Insecurity has destroyed the entire North. We are left with poverty, kidnaping and banditry on daily basis.

"People are dying and you think the little power we have despite the fact it is not being used for the best interest of our people, we will just fold our hands and allowed it to be taken back by the South, which have resources.

The common man in the North is not benefiting anything; the whole thing is held in the hands of few individuals and you think we will allow that."

https://www.legit.ng/1244671-the-north-produce-president-2023-arewa-youths-leader-shettima.html

Can they concentrate on this current tenure?

I would think an effective strategy would be to perform so well this tenure that we would accept the next candidate they push.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by ejimatic: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

. This is modern Nigeria where no region will rule more than 8. years ......When will get to the bridge we will cross it
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Odingo1: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
Cocolatti:
The guy is speaking the mind of the North. The South should take note and stop this Yoruba vs Igbo fight and unite to wrestle power in 2023 or else the North will rule for another 20years like they did before (1979-1999)
The North will continue to rule for now.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Emmytrill(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
This guy lacks common sense. The North had the best of everything when Southerners were in power. This moropi is just saying thrash.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by package7(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
Yerima Shettima, You're attention seeker.

Pray that you will witness 2023. Nonsense keep confusing your people. Oode. shocked shocked
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by NonsoWow: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
taiwolomo1:
This man must be very stupid....and securiy agencies wont act on this barbaric statement!!! Hell no....I forgot the all from d north as wel...Bunch of hypocrites
Read his statement deeply and you will know he is actually working for Tinubu. Reverse psychology. Tinubu is a master in this game.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Odingo1: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
ejimatic:
. This is modern Nigeria where no region will rule more than 8. years ......When will get to the bridge we will cross it
Which modern Nigeria where herdsmen and Boko Haram is on rampage, come next election you Yorubas will be paid back in your own coin.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Mcreloaded(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
Testing the waters to see how deep abi AREWA
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Iamgrey5(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
But the North controls the three arms of government under the current dispensation

The control the army

The control the Nnpc and ports

They control virtually almost everything.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Odingo1: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
NonsoWow:
Read his statement deeply and you will know he is actually working for Tinubu. Reverse psychology. Tinubu is a master in this game.
Which Tinubu is he working for , Tinubu that will cage very soon, you think that core Northerners are like Yorubas that speak with both side of their mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Iamgrey5(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
Odingo1:

Which modern Nigeria where herdsmen and Boko Haram is on rampage, come next election you Yorubas will be paid back in your own coin.
How would the Yorubas be paid back?

I thought you once claimed that the marginalization you are experiencing is not affecting you

So how will a counter effort affect Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by ejimatic: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

. The unity of Nigeria is Paramount to the ruling class.. By 2023 the class knows how to protect the unity....Even even coin is tossed for the next president it will fall on the South
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
TooNoisy:
Why are the IPOB children so happy about this kind of news? I thought 2023 was their turn. They keep hating on Yoruba meanwhile by 2023, the SW would have produced 8 years of President, 8 years of VP and 8 years of Speaker. The most the Igbos have had is 8 years of Senate President. The unfortunate thing for the SE is that they do not have one credible person to even present to be voted for. Not one.

Let me just make it plain. Power is returning to the South West in 2023. Nothing can stop that - not some mischievous AYCF who have been paid. Buhari will support a SW candidate and we have already seen all the signs especially with Gbaja's emergence as speaker and Fayemi's emergence as Chairman of Governors forum.

Even if the PDP fields a Northerner, an APC candidate from the South West will defeat him. Abiola defeated Tofa in 1993, Obasanjo defeated Buhari in 2003 and Osinbajo/Tinubu/Fayemi will defeat any Northern candidate from PDP in 2023.

Akuko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IGP Adamu Orders Withdrawal Of All Policemen At EFCC / ‘I Look Forward To Working With You ' - UK PM Writes Tinubu / NNPCL Sacks All Management Staff With Less Than 15 Months To Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.