Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 (25264 Views)

South-East Youths Reject Peter Obi, Back Tinubu & Shettima - The Nation / Yerima Shettima: Miyetti Allah Owns No Land In Nigeria, The Governmet Owns Them / Amotekun: Yerima Shettima Says North Should Be Ready For Their Own Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by SarkinYarki: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
That one is sure banker !!!! My vote is going to a northerner
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by SarkinYarki: 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
T9ksy:
LOBATAN!!!

Na only One chance we (southerners) dey for dis One Nigeria o.

The North will never relinquish power without an almighty fight.

Who is we Southerners ?
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by SarkinYarki: 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
Cocolatti:
The guy is speaking the mind of the North. The South should take note and stop this Yoruba vs Igbo fight and unite to wrestle power in 2023 or else the North will rule for another 20years like they did before (1979-1999)

The South East will vote a northerner in 2023

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Kay25(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
It is not only the north infact he will give to aisha buhari
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by TheAk(m): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
the current president was just sworn in and has barely gone two months into his new tenure and now this dupemu is busy saying nonsense.is it too much to ask for at least three years of peace before we start dealing with nigeria's political tumult again?
Abeg nigeria has tire me,who knows if chisco morning bus use to reach lybia?or any hiker shortcut i can use?if my mate use to trek to italy issit common lybia that wee hard me?
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by NkayStory(f): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
TooNoisy:
Why are the IPOB children so happy about this kind of news? I thought 2023 was their turn. They keep hating on Yoruba meanwhile by 2023, the SW would have produced 8 years of President, 8 years of VP and 8 years of Speaker. The most the Igbos have had is 8 years of Senate President. The unfortunate thing for the SE is that they do not have one credible person to even present to be voted for. Not one.

Let me just make it plain. Power is returning to the South West in 2023. Nothing can stop that - not some mischievous AYCF who have been paid. Buhari will support a SW candidate and we have already seen all the signs especially with Gbaja's emergence as speaker and Fayemi's emergence as Chairman of Governors forum.

Even if the PDP fields a Northerner, an APC candidate from the South West will defeat him. Abiola defeated Tofa in 1993, Obasanjo defeated Buhari in 2003 and Osinbajo/Tinubu/Fayemi will defeat any Northern candidate from PDP in 2023.

Comon shut your trap!..you cant comment without dragging Igbos into your mess..Who send una?..
Just deal with the voices in your head telling you that power-hungry desperate northerners will leave their own people and give you yorubas power in 2023 and leave Igbos of your delusions..

Keep hallicunating over Abiola in 1993,like Ekwueme was not VP in 1979-83, forgetting that a lot has changed in the minds of everyone including northerners till you are smacked on the head again

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Odingo1: 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
NonsoWow:
But they left their own and voted femi just recently.
North cannot head speakership and deputy and you are using that to compare presidential election, Yoruba can never be a match to Northerners or SE/SS in an election, Obasanjo was made president by the North, SS/SE without Yoruba vote.In the history of Nigeria Yoruba have never won any election except this recent Yoruba-Buhari collaboration which have expired with exit of Buhari.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by NonsoWow: 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
Odingo1:

North cannot head speakership and deputy and you are using that to compare presidential election, Yoruba can never be a match to Northerners or SE/SS in an election, Obasanjo was made president by the North, SS/SE without Yoruba vote.In the history of Nigeria Yoruba have never won any election except this recent Yoruba-Buhari collaboration which have expired with exit of Buhari.
Femi won Bago from Niger state. If PDP pick a northerner in 2023, I see APC going for a muslim-muslim ticket.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by tyup(m): 10:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
TooNoisy:
Why are the IPOB children so happy about this kind of news? I thought 2023 was their turn. They keep hating on Yoruba meanwhile by 2023, the SW would have produced 8 years of President, 8 years of VP and 8 years of Speaker. The most the Igbos have had is 8 years of Senate President. The unfortunate thing for the SE is that they do not have one credible person to even present to be voted for. Not one.

Let me just make it plain. Power is returning to the South West in 2023. Nothing can stop that - not some mischievous AYCF who have been paid. Buhari will support a SW candidate and we have already seen all the signs especially with Gbaja's emergence as speaker and Fayemi's emergence as Chairman of Governors forum.

Even if the PDP fields a Northerner, an APC candidate from the South West will defeat him. Abiola defeated Tofa in 1993, Obasanjo defeated Buhari in 2003 and Osinbajo/Tinubu/Fayemi will defeat any Northern candidate from PDP in 2023.

Joker......If PDP fields kwakwanso or Tambuwal 2023

APC with Tinubu is finished lipsrsealed
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Odingo1: 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
NonsoWow:
Femi won Bago from Niger state. If PDP pick a northerner in 2023, I see APC going for a muslim-muslim ticket.
It mean that Yoruba serve the north for nothing, it will be a big shame for Yorubas after making it clear that they voted for Buhari to get 2023 presidency. Yoruba will become a laughing stock in Nigerian politics and it will effect them for long time because of their selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Menance: 11:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
No issue ahead ahead. Pls retain power. SE and SS are solidly behind you

If SW could kiss butt North and lead us into next level with Buhari. We can go into higher levels with another northerner. No retreat, no surrender. We die here

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
yankison:
you must be an idiot for the statement you just made thst the north would produce the next president because nigeria belongs to the north alone right ... Foolish man

We igbos are going.. we dont want the president again..

Watch out what happens...

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by lagdmark(m): 11:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
TooNoisy:

Very noisy comment. Alariwo to pariwo.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by willibounce1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lol...ipod miscreants rejoicing as usual and dragging SS into their misery. Any small thing, them must chant SE/SS...Lol...why they cannot stand alone without looking for attache baffles me a lot. Bunch of failures
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by macfish101(m): 11:42pm On Jun 21, 2019
I don't blame him for such statement. They own Nigeria. We should all go and look for our own country. It clear some of us are not part of the Zoo
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by IamEmem(m): 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
TooNoisy:

Hahahahaha....let's see if the SW determines which becomes president this time around. Buhari is just a man with one vote, keep dreaming if his support.
The permutation and realignment just got started.
We shall see!!
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by IamEmem(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
pieces18:
and osinbande will still be the vice presido, yes, it is okay that way, while tinubu remains national leader without an office. yoruba people are very intelligent.

It will continue until we have sense.
Sebi Yoruba Sabi boost.
Oya let them bring on their political strength.
I pity una
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by IamEmem(m): 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
ejimatic:
.....Welcome to the Federal Republic of Oduduwa ad from 2023 if the power does not shift in 2023. to the south west.....

Hahahahaha....iberiberism.
No one going anywhere..we all die here!!
Power will remain in the North, let them keep ruling while the south take turns to be VP.
Sebi we get sense fa.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by IamEmem(m): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
Theboss100:
Yerima Shettima Will U Shut Up!! Are U Parasites The Only One In This Country? I [b]Tip SW N SE To Produce A Christian President [/b]By 2023. Stupid AREWA Mumuric Group

Spits

Yoruba Muslims see this as Haram.
They rather prefer their northern masters in Aso rock.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by SolexOlenin(m): 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Is this a country?

This is an animal kingdom! A zoo!

Nigeria has no potential of rising...

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by IamEmem(m): 11:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Even though I won't ever vote Tinubu if they field him because I would prefer a vibrant young candidate not an old recycled man, if the North continues to think leadership in Nigeria is their birthright forgetting that the country is multi-ethnic and the fact that favorable election result largely depends on the region it is better to divide this country, let everybody go..

Go where??
No way!! We all die here.
One Nigeria must continue with the north as Kings.
Sebi we no get sense.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by prodigyhenry: 2:04am On Jun 22, 2019
Oshigun:

Or the very popular Fashola. Another stable hand. Still personally back starboy Osinbajo.
fashola won't work, he is a Yoruba Muslim, you can't sell a Yoruba Muslim to the northerners, they believe yoruba Muslims are fake and you can't also sell a Yoruba Muslim to the southerners and Easterners too besides fashola has a fee corruption cases hanging on him. so picking fashola would be too tricky
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Mathelosopher: 6:02am On Jun 22, 2019
An idiot is talking
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 22, 2019
SarkinYarki:

The South East will vote a northerner in 2023

Go ahead. Doing so will only compound your pain when the SW candidate emerges President.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 22, 2019
Mathelosopher:
An idiot is talking

Indeed.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 22, 2019
IamEmem:

It will continue until we have sense.
Sebi Yoruba Sabi boost.
Oya let them bring on their political strength.
I pity una

You are a conquered slave and a fool. Igbos go about things the wrong way because they are emotional, vainglorious and hateful. We Yorubas are different. The disintegration of Nigeria will happen if the North want to cheat SW of the chance to lead Nigeria. You guys have never achieved your Biafra because you are emotional chest-beaters who can never stay the course. You are about today and short term gain while Yorubas plan long term and are visionary. The North will not be able to keep the SW part of Nigeria if they piss us off fundamentally.

Look at how we vote to show you who we are and how we connect with ideology and stay true to it. Atiku and his Igbo VP did well in the SW because many Yorubas felt Buhari under-performed and wanted change. Other Yorubas stuck with PMB. Yorubas are the most democratically purist voters in Nigeria. They vote performance. Not hatefully like Igbos and not clannishly like the North. Tell us again how Igbos voted recently?

They gave Buhari no chance despite the many good he has done for their region. These observations show why you have never achieved Biafra and why Yorubas will successfully go their way if the North think their so-called numbers give them a right to continue ruling Nigeria and denying all others of power. Nigeria is not a caliphate and the Yoruba understand this well. I personally urge the North to try and deny the SW of power. You Igbos will see the deliverance , in a short time, of what you did not achieve over several decade and even with a civil war.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 22, 2019
prodigyhenry:

fashola won't work, he is a Yoruba Muslim, you can't sell a Yoruba Muslim to the northerners, they believe yoruba Muslims are fake and you can't also sell a Yoruba Muslim to the southerners and Easterners too besides fashola has a fee corruption cases hanging on him. so picking fashola would be too tricky

Anybody can emerge with the right team/power-brokers behind him/her. Was Buhari not deemed "unelectable" by many political leaders and analysts for so long? It is about dynamics and strategy. Buhari who did not win one State in the SW in 2011 went on to win all SW States in 2015 bar Ekiti. Politics is not science. It is about cleverly connecting with the electorate.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by penukz2015(m): 6:50am On Jun 22, 2019
[b][/b]if you think he was joking then you are the real akpuruakpunbem.ndi nwe power will continue with thr power. Ndi Yoruba na ufodi ndi igbo that are still sleeping on mouka foam..more lub to your preeq..

I gave up a very long time ago.i rather remain hopeful in my darling Biafra than believe that Nigeria will get better.kpomkwem!!
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 7:30am On Jun 22, 2019
Oshigun:

You are a conquered slave and a fool. Igbos go about things the wrong way because they are emotional, vainglorious and hateful. We Yorubas are different. The disintegration of Nigeria will happen if the North want to cheat SW of the chance to lead Nigeria. You guys have never achieved your Biafra because you are emotional chest-beaters who can never stay the course. You are about today and short term gain while Yorubas plan long term and are visionary. The North will not be able to keep the SW part of Nigeria if they piss us off fundamentally.

Look at how we vote to show you who we are and how we connect with ideology and stay true to it. Atiku and his Igbo VP did well in the SW because many Yorubas felt Buhari under-performed and wanted change. Other Yorubas stuck with PMB. Yorubas are the most democratically purist voters in Nigeria. They vote performance. Not hatefully like Igbos and not clannishly like the North. Tell us again how Igbos voted recently?

They gave Buhari no chance despite the many good he has done for their region. These observations show why you have never achieved Biafra and why Yorubas will successfully go their way if the North think their so-called numbers give them a right to continue ruling Nigeria and denying all others of power. Nigeria is not a caliphate and the Yoruba understand this well. I personally urge the North to try and deny the SW of power. You Igbos will see the deliverance , in a short time, of what you did not achieve over several decade and even with a civil war.

This is no time to be grandstanding or chest drumming.

Shettima is just being the classic Northern politician. He is testing the waters while muddying them at the same time, to check the pulse of the southern regions and inform Arewa's 2023 strategy while effectively concealing its present stance. There is no consensus anywhere in the North that power will not shift, he is doing the job of his puppeteers. I must say it is well timed however, because judging from the arrogant tone of your response laced with blackmail (being pissed off goes both ways), the North might indeed find its interests better protected in supporting a candidate from the other southern regions (SS/SE) going forward. You don't want to be "cheated" of the chance to rule, but you're happy to "cheat" the SE right?

Interestingly his targets are swallowing the bait hook, line & sinker wink
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by kingsmaila(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2019
Impossible.
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2019
Why the fixation on Tinubu and why not YOU aspiring to be president or is it a must that you must not lead but only follow?

ogbosike:
The truth is that North can not just let the west have power come 2023. Tinubu should stop deceiving himself. Planting people there can not help him.. Just my mind tho
Re: Yerima Shettima: The North Will Produce Next President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:15am On Jun 22, 2019
Allahu Akbar!

maxilly:
He might even die before then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Marshal Obuzor, Wike's Aide, Endorses Tinubu: He Has One Leg In Aso Rock / NNPCL Sacks All Management Staff With Less Than 15 Months To Retirement / Loyal Party Members Mob Akpabio At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.