Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425676 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
generationz:

I tire o.
angry

it can only get better.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thraedz:
The cons on this new interface overweighs the pros for me.

The only pros I can see is that, making an inverted speaker error is almost now impossible. And, for those using mobile phones, you don't have to worry about the difficulty when your transcript is is obstructed by the tabs on the right hand side while typing.

The Cons?

1. Now, you have to always click pause and play every time. Back when there were timestamps, one could just play an entire short timestamp and not worry about pausing the audio because it will stop at the end of the timestamp.

2. When I'm transcribing and I encounter inaudibles, I don't waste time on them. I label them with the inaudible symbol and come back to them once I'm done with the entire transcription. Before, all I had to do is click on the timestamp that has an inaudible and the audio will begin to play. But, now, I have to start rewinding or fast forwarding the audio to the exact point of the inaudible just so I can listen to it again... HECTIC.

3. The biggest con for me is this. I use a mobile phone. So, what this means in this new interface is that I have to always scroll down to the bottom anytime I want to pause, play, forward or rewind the audio. Imagine having to always scroll down countless number of times to do this. And then, you scroll back up again to type. FRUSTRATING.. I spent 4 hours on a call I typically only spend 2 hours on.

I'm not thrilled about this new interface at all. Even more so because the supposed pros weren't really an issue for me before.

the only down side for me is the lack of TIME STAMPS! ,cos you have to now play stuff back everytime.. it's really hectic to be honest. hope they reintroduce it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
This is how my setting page looks like, you can copy it. But I use a tablet so modify the keyboard size.
Thanks man.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thraedz:
Thanks man.
Did it work for you?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Did it work for you?
Yeah. It did
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Dechymmytv(f): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
I've been following this page since 5pm today,I have registered and passed the test on QA, connected my new PayPal as the instructions laid out in page 1-2..
I have a problem, in a case whereby I dont hear something clearly ,what do I do... pls someone help and how do I submit the work after transcribing...thanks guys .. you guys are amazing ....
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
thorrvik55:

How far?

No luck. My other MC is not enabled for internet transactions. And Verve is not accepted on PP. So, I resorted to visit their twitter handle, and the wait wasn't funny at all. Anyways, they eventually told me try again after 24hrs. Me, I'll try on Monday.

Probably, because, I linked the prepaid card and attempted to withdraw afterwards. Maybe, that raised 'flags', I don't know.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
brijibs:

No luck. My other MC is not enabled for internet transactions. And Verve is not accepted on PP. So, I resorted to visit their twitter handle, and the wait wasn't funny at all. Anyways, they eventually told me try again after 24hrs. Me, I'll try on Monday.

Probably, because, I linked the prepaid card and attempted to withdraw afterwards. Maybe, that raised 'flags', I don't know.

Okay, keep us updated.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:15am On Oct 13, 2019
thorrvik55:

Okay, keep us updated.

Sure thing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 6:54am On Oct 13, 2019
SUPERPACK:
it can only get better.

It is kinda now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Obascoetubi: 7:01am On Oct 13, 2019
brijibs:

To card
so, how far now?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2019
I really don't know where to start from, as we have over 100 pages here. please can someone with experience summarize the process for me?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2019
Route99:
I really don't know where to start from, as we have over 100 pages here. please can someone with experience summarize the process for me?
Read from page 1 - 70.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 10:01am On Oct 13, 2019
brijibs:

Obascoetubi:
so, how far now?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 13, 2019
Dechymmytv:
I've been following this page since 5pm today,I have registered and passed the test on QA, connected my new PayPal as the instructions laid out in page 1-2..
I have a problem, in a case whereby I dont hear something clearly ,what do I do... pls someone help and how do I submit the work after transcribing...thanks guys .. you guys are amazing ....

Just read the FAQ very well and watch the videos inherent.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2019
Sell your paypal funds. DM via whatsapp
Fast clearing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tried starting a job and it says I am not authorized. who can help explain this?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Route99:
Tried starting a job and it says I am not authorized. who can help explain this?
Try another. That job is taken.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
odizeey:

Try another. That job is taken.
Thanks. I just completed two jobs. How long does it take for my transcripts to be reviewed before I can take more jobs?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
Route99:

Thanks. I just completed two jobs. How long does it take for my transcripts to be reviewed before I can take more jobs?
Have you not joined us on Slack yet?

Ethan did not send you that invitation mail message for nothing.
ASAP, please.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
hausadreturn:
Have you not joined us on Slack yet?

Ethan did not send you that invitation mail message for nothing.
ASAP, please.
Just joined.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Obascoetubi: 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=brijibs post=83094139][/quote]NA AFRICARD INTERNATIONAJ HIGH U USE?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Obascoetubi:
NA AFRICARD INTERNATIONAJ HIGH U USE?

Yes, international high.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 5:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Route99:

it depends on how they prioritize it.
Sometimes instantly, sometimes it can take weeks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Obascoetubi: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
brijibs:

Yes, international high.
did u withdraw before?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
One Funding call and I already feel like I worked on a building site lifting blocks grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
Obascoetubi:
did u withdraw before?

Nope.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
samsard:
One Funding call and I already feel like I worked on a building site lifting blocks grin

Enjoy.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Godswill10: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
samsard:
Funny you.
I thought I was the only one that hated it
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by BOSS5(m): 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
BuzzRay:

thanks Got my first 5 rating.

@BOSS5, that book really helped. Thank you.
You're welcome. More 5s to everyone. cool grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
BOSS5:

You're welcome. More 5s to everyone. cool grin
Which book please? I need it too. Thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
Does anyone here use Landscape mode for typing on this new interface? Please let me know if you can see anything while typing with landscape mode.

I've been unable to work since morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.