Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425957 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by foluwaseyi: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
Olabowa:

Look out for 25 as well. I think the coolest rater for me is rater 8. Four of my last five calls last week were rated by 8, and they were all 5s. Until that 25 showed up and knack me 4 for work wey I dey expect 5.
That's true. That rater 8 gave me most of my 5s last week too. Well, I'm looking forward to the day I won't have to fear any rater sha.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
samsard:
Sometimes they give you a deadline to verify with card or documents once you start receiving funds.
can I use another person's card, like my brother's own?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Appelmoik(m): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Looks like we now run a live inventory undecided

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
Just submitted my first job this night. I just pray it gets a good rating. The audio was so clear. Must be Americans
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
Appelmoik:
Looks like we now run a live inventory undecided

why?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Appelmoik(m): 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
SUPERPACK:
why?

The platform now refreshes itself. What you saw a few seconds ago is not guaranteed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by foluwaseyi: 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hey guys. Fun fact, I don't know if I didn't notice it before on the old interface o, but this new interface refreshes itself. I mean every now and then, it replaces some calls with another ones. I'm guessing those are the ones they've picked. Maybe that's why it's sucking data like vampire.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Vhicky20(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Please can the senior colleagues on qa world drop their display name on slack here for us newbies? This would enable us ask questions on that platform (slack) too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sissyisy(f): 11:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ok.. Thank you
Estringx:

Currently, we are having a slight issue with Africard. So I would suggest that you continue working on Qa pending the Time that we find a lasting solution to that, okay?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2020
Vhicky20:
Please can the senior colleagues on qa world drop their display name on slack here for us newbies? This would enable us ask questions on that platform (slack) too.
Just goto slack and ask your questions.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 12:44am On Feb 22, 2020
Vhicky20:

Bro, my own na Collins for there. You fit buzz me anytime.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 1:16am On Feb 22, 2020
Greatihex:
can I use another person's card, like my brother's own?
Don't try it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MMElliot: 2:36am On Feb 22, 2020
strangest:
Anyone tried any of the cards that comes with domiciliary account?
Someone pls answer this. ...e.g Dollar MasterCards

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by go4success(f): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2020
I've been following this thread for a while for updates on Africard. For those of you hoping that the issue is because of the ongoing upgrades at UBA, that may not be the case. I withdrew money to the card on my Skrill account on Thursday and it worked ( though it usually takes like 48-72 hours unlike PayPal that's fast). Besides, the card is working perfectly for other types of transaction: withdrawal, bill payments etc.

Hustling legitimately in Nigeria has lots of obstacles. Let's keep the spirit up. Hopefully, there will be a solution. I could remember this Africard solution came at a time that I was frustrated with PayPal and almost stopped working for my clients that pay with it.

PayPal is really frustrating. If Skrill and Payoneer can work safely in Nigeria, why can't they?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 10:57am On Feb 22, 2020
samsard:
Don't try it.

It will be better if you give him reason why NOT to try it. As for me, I'm I've been using another person's card, since I joined QA.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 11:07am On Feb 22, 2020
go4success:
I've been following this thread for a while for updates on Africard. For those of you hoping that the issue is because of the ongoing upgrades at UBA, that may not be the case. I withdrew money to the card on my Skrill account on Thursday and it worked ( though it usually takes like 48-72 hours unlike PayPal that's fast). Besides, the card is working perfectly for other types of transaction: withdrawal, bill payments etc.

Hustling legitimately in Nigeria has lots of obstacles. Let's keep the spirit up. Hopefully, there will be a solution. I could remember this Africard solution came at a time that I was frustrated with PayPal and almost stopped working for my clients that pay with it.

PayPal is really frustrating. If Skrill and Payoneer can work safely in Nigeria, why can't they?
I hear you.

I'm thinking, if we're like 100 active Nigerians on QA platform, we can get them to be paying directly to our Nigerian account. After all latinhire.com does it. Meanwhile for side hustle see https://www.nairaland.com/5644245/having-difficult-times-securing-job/12#86800043

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:35am On Feb 22, 2020
houzing:

It will be better if you give him reason why NOT to try it. As for me, I'm I've been using another person's card, since I joined QA.
If you opened it in their name, good for you. The day PayPal limits your account with money and they request statement of account and ID verification, you'll know better.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wisewordd: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2020
samsard:
If you opened it in their name, good for you. The day PayPal limits your account with money and they request statement of account and ID verification, you'll know better.
I wish nobody experience that stuff with money in their account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
samsard:
Don't try it.
thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 12:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
houzing:

without issue right? Since when is that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Appelmoik(m): 2:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
This Auto feature no funny at times. I just targeted a 22 minutes call and caught a 3 minutes call instead angry
It's somebody's re-do anyway, let me go and do it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
Guys, I just got my first work first job rated 3. I can now work. Hurray!!!

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
Appelmoik:
This Auto feature no funny at times. I just targeted a 22 minutes call and caught a 3 minutes call instead angry
It's somebody's re-do anyway, let me go and do it.

I hate the autorefresh
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Appelmoik(m): 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
MaziOkoro:

I hate the autorefresh
We'll survive this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Dipsonkky(m): 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
dgunz:

most people even working in banks dont know about visa prepaid naira card to be specific, some will even give you normal debit card form to fill thinking you came to ask for new normal atm card when this africard thin came out people was doubting it because there were not informed about it , most people that know about it keep the knowledge to themself cos they say most people that use Paypal are yahoo boys, and the legit guys suffer it, now the card has issues they say is on upgrade and it will be resolved which i believe, but will take time

same people that use this card cant get more information about what they are using so in case issues like this happen they find a solution, i will still say it again go to Stanbic ibtc bank and get a VISA PREPAID NAIRA CARD, not visa prepaid USD card or just naira prepaid card, they will give you even without having an account with them, eco bank no longer deposed prepaid from what i heard, that why i said Stanbic ibtc,

everyone asking for screenshot dont even ask me to screenshot my statement cos I will not, now you have a problem find a solution to solve it, and if you dought what i said God help you,

i think have said enough of this, it your choice you all
can u drop me ur watsapp number or u message me on watsapp with my signature
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
MaziOkoro:

I hate the autorefresh
wait o. I want to know if this is caused by the Qa-world platform or is it my system update.

I subscribed for glo 800mb yesterday and I was given extra 836mb. Before I could know what is happening, the whole data finished last night. Brethren, I did the same sub again this morning after disabling the windows automatic update on the system, but as I am typing this now, the data is finished. 1.6gb. Please, can it be from this QAWorld? I want to know. Because, if it is QAWorld, believe me, I am quitting.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Greatihex:
wait o. I want to know if this is caused by the Qa-world platform or is it my system update.

I subscribed for glo 800mb yesterday and I was given extra 836mb. Before I could know what is happening, the whole data finished last night. Brethren, I did the same sub again this morning after disabling the windows automatic update on the system, but as I am typing this now, the data is finished. 1.6gb. Please, can it be from this QAWorld? I want to know. Because, if it is QAWorld, believe me, I am quitting.

Nope, it's your windows update. If you think you've disabled it, check well, it's still updating in the background especially if it's Windows 10.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
berbs:

Nope, it's your windows update. If you think you've disabled it, check well, it's still updating in the background especially if it's Windows 10.
my brother, it's Windows 10. I disabled it through the services.msc route.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
Greatihex:
my brother, it's Windows 10. I disabled it through the services.msc route.
Check your data counter each time the QA platform refreshes. Experienced same thing two days ago but it has stopped swallowing data. As for quitting, it's too early.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 5:00am On Feb 23, 2020
Greatihex:
Just submitted my first job this night. I just pray it gets a good rating. The audio was so clear. Must be Americans
grin grin
Hope for the best but prepare urself for the worst.

Probability of u scoring 1 on ur first call is like 80%.

The key thing is to learn from ur mistakes and ur ratings would improve for sure.

And the FAQ, very important.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 6:31am On Feb 23, 2020
ericbertrand:
The new design consumes a lot of data. 1.1MB to refresh a page. If you think I'm making this up, check it(Chrome users).

Lol. I was getting something similar b4 the new design rolled in, with this dancing duo below in .gif.

That's why I think I like the auto-refresh initiative . It consumes less data.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.