Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (423430 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 6:35am On Feb 23, 2020
houzing:

I hear you.

I'm thinking, if we're like 100 active Nigerians on QA platform, we can get them to be paying directly to our Nigerian account. After all latinhire.com does it. Meanwhile for side hustle see https://www.nairaland.com/5644245/having-difficult-times-securing-job/12#86800043

Would be cool if they'll allow an alternate means.

Let's hope Stanbic works.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 7:19am On Feb 23, 2020
Prenom:

Would be cool if they'll allow an alternate means.

Let's hope Stanbic works.

Oga, are you on break? Person no see you for board again. Abeg na U and Jude, dey give me liver to face QA. grin grin

Please try come back, at least if you guys dey there, then, big madam, if help us with the solution to this Paypal wahala.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2020
houzing:

Oga, are you on break? Person no see you for board again. Abeg na U and Jude, dey give me liver to face QA. grin grin

Please try come back, at least if you guys dey there, then, big madam, if help us with the solution to this Paypal wahala.

Lol. Not really. Lately, I did 700 plus that didn't reflect on the board.
And for this week, I have just over 600 minutes, but let's see.

Hopefully, the Stanbic card would work. If it doesn't work and we consider reaching out to her for an alternate means of payment, then I'm all in.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2020
houzing:

Mehn, activities choke for my head lately. Qa is now my side hustle unlike before (hope you know what I mean). I'm in support for us to contact the Boss lady if we can get at least 50-100 transcribers that will be receiving funds solely from Qa to a different payment body.. It won't be easy, but we can give it a shot. Old transcribers, how una see am?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by adolf444: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2020
Prenom:

Hopefully, the Stanbic card would work. If it doesn't work and we consider reaching out to her for an alternate means of payment, then I'm all in.

I support you 101% bro.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
nwafresh:

Mehn, activities choke for my head lately. Qa is now my side hustle unlike before (hope you know what I mean). I'm in support for us to contact the Boss lady if we can get at least 50-100 transcribers that will be receiving funds solely from Qa to a different payment body.. It won't be easy, but we can give it a shot. Old transcribers, how una see am?

Seconded.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Greatihex:
my brother, it's Windows 10. I disabled it through the services.msc route.
So, what did u find out? Any solution(s) in sight yet?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
psyqs:

Seconded.

Thirded, though na newbie I be.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
thorrvik55:

grin grin
Hope for the best but prepare urself for the worst.

Probability of u scoring 1 on ur first call is like 80%.

The key thing is to learn from ur mistakes and ur ratings would improve for sure.

And the FAQ, very important.
I have already gotten two ratings of 3 after the 90min redo
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
berbs:

So, what did u find out? Any solution(s) in sight yet?
I have not yet found a solution to what is sucking my data. I have just decided to use glo jumbo.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
Greatihex:
I have not yet found a solution to what is sucking my data. I have just decided to use glo jumbo.
Okay, cool.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2020
Greatihex:
I have already gotten two ratings of 3 after the 90min redo

U be Baba be that.. Most of us struggled with low ratings initially (Redo was not available back then sha)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
nwafresh:

I'm in support of this.. I don't think the decision rests solely on The Big Madam alone though
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
thorrvik55:

I'm in support of this.. I don't think the decision rests solely on The Big Madam alone though

Upper management...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
samsard:
Upper management...

Like she always say.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
thorrvik55:

U be Baba be that.. Most of us struggled with low ratings initially (Redo was not available back then sha)
I tried to exploit the redo policy, but now it has come back to haunt me.

When I see that I am running out of time, I will submit the transcript like that, hoping to use the redo time to finish it up and submit a good transcript. But, I have just been warned now by QAWorld, that if my ratings fall below 3.0, that I will be kicked out.

Now, I am on a 1 week probation. I must have to build my average rating to 3 and above or get kicked out.

This is a big challenge for me now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
By big madam, are you guys referring to that Arlen lady?

That lady sha
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
guys, i'm not seeing calls to transcribe
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
Greatihex:
guys, i'm not seeing calls to transcribe

Today is Sunday, rest!! God who created you didn't work on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sheggz22(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
nwafresh:

Today is Sunday, rest!! God who created you didn't work on Sunday.

Lol

Are you saying there won't be any calls at all?

Cos me wan start to dey refresh how
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Yuneehk(f): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2020
Greatihex:
I tried to exploit the redo policy, but now it has come back to haunt me.

When I see that I am running out of time, I will submit the transcript like that, hoping to use the redo time to finish it up and submit a good transcript. But, I have just been warned now by QAWorld, that if my ratings fall below 3.0, that I will be kicked out.

Now, I am on a 1 week probation. I must have to build my average rating to 3 and above or get kicked out.

This is a big challenge for me now.
You've been warned and you're looking for calls to transcribe. Face FAQ squarely. If you had been doing that, you'll know it's not an error to see "No calls". Seize the opportunity that there aren't calls and read through the FAQ, thoroughly.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yuneehk:

You've been warned and you're looking for calls to transcribe. Face FAQ squarely. If you had been doing that, you'll know it's not an error to see "No calls". Seize the opportunity that there aren't calls and read through the FAQ, thoroughly.
the main problems i had in those ones that i got rated low is not about not knowing the dos and don'ts, but mainly, misheard words, sentence structure, punctuation. Also, i do submit an unfinished transcript if i am running out of time, just to exploit the redo policy, and that contributed to the low ratings.

BTW, is there anybody here who actively works on scribie? their rules seems less strict for me. can anyone confirm that?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2020
any body working on scribie here?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
Prenom:

Guy, you do up to 700+ calls every week? Wow! I just sent you a message, I want to inquire something from you. I do 400+ a week but it's not easy.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
nwafresh:

I personally think it's a waste of time. That stubborn woman will not gree.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 3:47am On Feb 24, 2020
Prenom:

We see you bro, we see you, kudos wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 4:58am On Feb 24, 2020
Greatihex:
the main problems i had in those ones that i got rated low is not about not knowing the dos and don'ts, but mainly, misheard words, sentence structure, punctuation. Also, i do submit an unfinished transcript if i am running out of time, just to exploit the redo policy, and that contributed to the low ratings.

BTW, is there anybody here who actively works on scribie? their rules seems less strict for me. can anyone confirm that?
Scribie less strict? Impossible. Qa world remains the easiest and far lenient. If you were to be in Scribie by now dey will just kick you out. They don't permit on the job training like we do on QA, they assume you to be a pro before hire.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Lagbaja01(m): 5:14am On Feb 24, 2020
I just read somewhere that "CBN restricts withdrawal of foreign currency deposits"
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 6:27am On Feb 24, 2020
berbs:

We see you bro, we see you, kudos wink

Thanks, man. It was reduced, but wink.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2020
Lagbaja01:
I just read somewhere that "CBN restricts withdrawal of foreign currency deposits"
Yes, bro. That's the cause of Africard issue
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2020
Estringx:

Why would they do that though
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgunz: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2020
it does not affect africard and again CBN denied that claim READ: https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/23/cbn-restricts-withdrawal-of-foreign-currency-deposits/
Estringx:

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.