Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (423460 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:50am On Feb 24, 2020
dgunz:
it does not affect africard and again CBN denied that claim READ: https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/23/cbn-restricts-withdrawal-of-foreign-currency-deposits/
Yes, some are still able to withdraw with Africard.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgunz: 7:52am On Feb 24, 2020
quote author=Lagbaja01 post=86905259]I just read somewhere that "CBN restricts withdrawal of foreign currency deposits"[/quote]
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has stated that only cash deposit into domiciliary account can be withdrawn over the counter and not through electronic transfer.

The apex bank disclosed in a tweet, stating that deposits made through electronic transfers into domiciliary accounts can only be transferred but cannot be withdrawn as cash over the counter.

The CBN added that cash deposits also made into domiciliary accounts can only be withdrawn as cash over the counter and not transferred out of the domiciliary account.

The CBN tweet said “Only transfers into domiciliary accounts can be transferred from such accounts while cash deposits into such accounts can only be withdrawn in cash.”

Meanwhile, the tweet was made in response to speculation that the apex regulator in Nigeria had banned the acceptance of foreign currency as cash deposits in Deposit Money Banks (DMBs).

The CBN denied that it had given any such directive to the DMBs operating within the country and any information contrary to this is false.

The CBN tweet said “The CBN has not prohibited acceptance of foreign currency as cash deposits by DMBs. Rumors to the contrary are false”

What this means: If a bank customer made an electronic transfer of $5,000 into his domiciliary account and later goes to the bank to make a cash deposit of $10,000, making a total of $15,000 in the account. Such customer can only make withdrawals from the account in the manner/medium he used to make the deposits into the domiciliary account.

It means if the bank customer needs to make a payment of $12,000 or initiates a transaction of $12,000, he can only pay $5, 000 through electronic transfer and the reaming $7,000 would have to be paid in cash.

The new CBN directive comes as a surprise to Nigerians as shown in their responses to the tweets on Saturday.

UPDATE: We appreciate our readers that called our attention to error in the headline of the article published earlier. The error, which is regretted, has been rectified and corrections effected.

THIS WAS AN UPDATE ABOUT IT
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by souzadchef(m): 9:50am On Feb 24, 2020
Why are we going to and fro over this Africard Issue??.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2020
souzadchef:
Let us mourn our beloved card that has helped us bring in millions to Nigeria cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2020
souzadchef:

Until there is a better alternative, we'll keep going to and fro over it. Note there are alternatives, but some are risky (money exchangers) while others are expensive (payoneer, etc.)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2020
My opinion is that we should speak with Madam on QA, whether Stanbic works or not.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by souzadchef(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2020
Lol...mourning is over. Let's find alternatives.
samsard:
Let us mourn our beloved card that has helped us bring in millions to Nigeria cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by souzadchef(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2020
Yes, true.
Has anyone else tried Stanbic as suggested by Dgunz
houzing:

Until there is a better alternative, we'll keep going to and fro over it. Note there are alternatives, but some are risky (money exchangers) while others are expensive (payoneer, etc.)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by foluwaseyi: 10:59am On Feb 24, 2020
tenderfigure:
My opinion is that we should speak with Madam on QA, whether Stanbic works or not.
I agree. Even using paypal sef fit give person high blood pressure. Everytime I get an email from qa or paypal, my heart always skips a bit. Anoda payment alternative and we can rest easy, knowing our money is safe. Make she agree, na im be d koko. She don master thinly veiled insults to a T.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2020
foluwaseyi:

I agree. Even using paypal sef fit give person high blood pressure. Everytime I get an email from qa or paypal, my heart always skips a bit. Anoda payment alternative and we can rest easy, knowing our money is safe. Make she agree, na im be d koko. She don master thinly veiled insults to a T.

And you don master her well. grin grin

Please having said that. this is time for action. It's time to begin collecting signatures. Once we have enough, we can collectively approach Madam for solution to our collective problem.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 11:22am On Feb 24, 2020
houzing:

And you don master her well. grin grin

Please having said that. this is time for action. It's time to begin collecting signatures. Once we have enough, we can collectively approach Madam for solution to our collective problem.

Yeah, bro. No be d one weh one persin go talk everybody go dey wait to see wetin madam go tell d persin. We gats plenty yan make dem take us serious, at least.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Estringx(m): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2020
okay
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2020
If we're going to take our proposal to her,

1. What payment method will be the best option and should be adopted by each and every one hustling on that platform?

2. How are we gonna get guys online while presenting our proposal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
nwafresh:
If we're going to take our proposal to her,

1. What payment method will be the best option and should be adopted by each and every one hustling on that platform?

2. How are we gonna get guys online while presenting our proposal?

I suggest QA paying directly to our Nigerian bank account. They will save money and we will also make money. No more $5 paypal fees.

If we can get up to 100 Nigerians with our user ID/Contractor ID. We are good to go.

Even don't forget we have Nigerians that are SCC on the Platform. (I think)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
Please has anyone tried linking payoneer account with paypal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
houzing:

I suggest QA paying directly to our Nigerian bank account. They will save money and we will also make money. No more $5 paypal fees.

If we can get up to 100 Nigerians with our user ID/Contractor ID. We are good to go.

Like Gt, UBA, Zenith, etc?

Any other suggestion?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
houzing:

I don't think this will work. It has to be something that'll be beneficial to people from other countries having that are also having issues with Paypal.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
tenderfigure:

I don't think this will work. It has to be something that'll be beneficial to people from other countries having that are also having issues with Paypal.

Bring your own idea base on the payment method na
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
tenderfigure:
Please has anyone tried linking payoneer account with paypal?
Yes, I have but I'm not quite familiar with Payoneer's withdrawal methods. I had requested for the Payoneer card sometimes ago but it didn't arrive.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mekanus:
Yes, I have but I'm not quite familiar with Payoneer's withdrawal methods. I had requested for the Payoneer card sometimes ago but it didn't arrive.

Was it successfully linked?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
tenderfigure:

Was it successfully linked?
Yes and I even transferred $2 to it from PayPal just to test the waters.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
houzing:

Is it possible to withdraw from PayPal to Payoneer?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Kizito2nv(m): 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
What is happening I can't seem to see any calls to transcribe since morning
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Sissyisy(f): 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
Pls who is madam?
tenderfigure:
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by tenderfigure: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mekanus:

Please, how much did Paypal charge you for the transfer?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sweetveek(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mekanus:
how did u do ithw did u get the message containing paypal verification code??
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by importnobl: 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
Please ooo how do you guys cope with catching a call on the new platform in this drought. Do I continue refreshing as before o what cry cry undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Rapaltar(m): 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mekanus:
Bro, how did you go about transferring $2 to payoneer from PayPal?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Rapaltar(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
Torch1:

Is it possible to withdraw from PayPal to Payoneer?

Yes. But you need to have at least a dollar or two in Your payoneer account, as PayPal would deduct a total of $1 from your account in two succession.

Now, the issue lies in having money in payoneer. If you can have someone make a transfer to your payoneer account, you're good to go.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kayusdguy(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Please who else buys PayPal funds apart from webshopNG? He is not replying me again.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mekanus(m): 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
tenderfigure:

Please, how much did Paypal charge you for the transfer?
I was charged 0.01 cent to transfer $1 and I did the transfer twice, $1 each.

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.