Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,188 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422888 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2020
This is getting serious. Made only $20 this week.
cry cry cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drizzy000(m): 11:50am On Jun 14, 2020
phranklyn92:
This is getting serious. Made only $20 this week.
cry cry cry

How much you dey make before?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Revfada: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
kinzu:

You can confirm the actual time left to complete the job by going back to the queue page on another browser on your device and scroll down. The time left to complete the job will be shown in front of the call ID of the job(s) you are currently working on. This is the actual time left. Disregard what you have on the call page. Before the update to the new platform, I used to get a lot of disparity between these times, especially when I restarted my PC, used VPN or adjusted my system time.
Okay. Thanks much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by phranklyn92(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
drizzy000:

How much you dey make before?
at least $30 weekly. But highest Na $45

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
webshopNG:

I'll give you 345.

Another concluded transaction. cool

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
PattyMike:

Another concluded transaction. cool
You no wan risk the people offering you 350
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 12:54am On Jun 15, 2020
Abi now. Yoruba people have an adage that says ifa n fani lapo ya (free things can tear pocket). grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 2:17am On Jun 15, 2020
Anybody seeing what I'm seeing? 4 calls in a row, all rated 1 with the same notes.

I think it's a technical hitch.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 3:08am On Jun 15, 2020
houzing:
Anybody seeing what I'm seeing? 4 calls in a row, all rated 1 with the same notes.

same thing here. Four calls too.
You can go on Slack and comment "here" on one thread on query desk. They know what's up now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:30am On Jun 15, 2020
houzing:

Qaworld moving from one technical issue to the other.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:47am On Jun 15, 2020
No one should transcribe for now. In case you're here before submitting and going to slack. They say Auto 1s after 7:38 na personal warrant. Just lost a 14min job cos of this undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 8:43am On Jun 15, 2020
kinzu:
No one should transcribe for now. In case you're here before submitting and going to slack. They say Auto 1s after 7:38 na personal warrant. Just lost a 14min job cos of this undecided

Abeg which one be personal warrant?

SLACK just dey slack like no man business. I reported that glitch as at 12:00 a.m. Nigeria time but the SCC say I dey harass her.

I hope they handle it like real oyibo people and compensate us for the mental torture. grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by quineP(f): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2020
drawnobet:
Yes you can be self employed anywhere you are in the country transcribing for a living.

This thread will teach you everything you need to know to start up and the tools needed to deliver the goods.

You would need

1. A PC, tab or mobile phone
2. Affordable internet connection
3. Good head phones
4 Good command of English

Everything else can be learned on this thread. For those of us who have already started transcribing, we're welcome to share our ideas here so that this can be our online community.

To avoid this thread being banned, kindly let us adhere to all the rules of Nairaland.

Should we want to share screenshots, kindly let's block the company and important call info.

Also all forms of advertising is prohibited and will be reported.

Edited 9/7/2019 posted by samsard for newbies. Once you master these, the rest go easy

E.g
Rep: I was gonna, uhmmm, I was gonna tell ya about, about the new product we launched.
What they need: I was going to tell you about the new product we launched.

Punctuation: Hello, Philip. It's Emily calling from CLH Group. How're you doing today?
Cust: I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?

Longer calls will be more complex in terms of punctuation but for a start
A comma before and after a name in mid sentence. A comma before or after a name in salutation.
You're also allowed MINOR corrections for making clear transcripts.
Anyway, read through the FAQ and regularly Consult it while working at least till you acquaint yourself with it's detail

All full company names, PayPal email addresses and screenshots that include confidential company information must not be shared on this thread and will be reported
pls i’m interested. Can u put me through?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by elantraceey(f): 9:35am On Jun 15, 2020
houzing:

SLACK just dey slack like no man business. I reported that glitch as at 12:00 a.m. Nigeria time but the SCC say I dey harass her.

I hope they handle it like real oyibo people and compensate us for the mental torture. grin

Don't mind them. When you complain of something instead of looking into it first they'll be attacking you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2020
I am not transcribing again today till they fix this issue. Two auto 1 with the same note
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 10:13am On Jun 15, 2020
houzing:

According to them, they won't attend to auto 1 complaints received after that post at 7:38 Nigerian time on slack. And me no dey even go slack that much cos those folks rude. Instead of them to disable the platform so that new jobs don't come in and those that are yet to submit have the jobs disappear, they are there talking bollocks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2020
elantraceey:

Don't mind them. When you complain of something instead of looking into it first they'll be attacking you.
me and 2 SCC argue the matter, yet dem claim say my transcripts get error. I waka go Arlen inbox.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
I think they wanna start auto 1 and 2 without any rater's ID just as they do give auto 5. Maybe, maybe not, time will tell.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
quineP:

pls i’m interested. Can u put me through?

Read pages 1-50 of this thread for a start.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by quineP(f): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
berbs:

Read pages 1-50 of this thread for a start.
okay
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
But the calls I worked on were very clear that I was expecting nothing less than 4. I hope they have fixed it.

berbs:
I think they wanna start auto 1 and 2 without any rater's ID just as they do give auto 5. Maybe, maybe not, time will tell.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
berbs:

I think Auto 1 came with the upgrade to the new platform. You will notice three junk words that they always put in every 200 or so words in clear audios. If you fail to remove any of them, you will see auto 1 with the Poor Transcription Quality, please make sure that audio matches the transcription and that the transcription follows the FAQ guidelines rating note. I guess the reverse was the case for auto 5 back then before the change in rating govt.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
please, where exactly is the words on the platform because I can see it before they murder me auto 1

kinzu:

I think Auto 1 came with the upgrade to the new platform. You will notice three junk words that they always put in every 200 or so words in clear audios. If you fail to remove any of them, you will see auto 1 with the Poor Transcription Quality, please make sure that audio matches the transcription and that the transcription follows the FAQ guidelines rating note. I guess the reverse was the case for auto 5 back then before the change in rating govt.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
Cuteimma1:
please, where exactly is the words on the platform because they have hit me with another auto 1

This auto 1 you are getting now is a system error. You need to go report on slack. Read a few posts up. They said we should stop working at 7:38 a.m. If you have Grammarly or some other software, you will see them highlighted because those words have nothing to do with the script. They just insert those words periodically to ensure they're properly edited

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
kinzu:

This auto 1 you are getting now is a system error. You need to go report on slack. Read a few posts up. They said we should stop working at 7:38 a.m. If you have Grammarly or some other software, you will see them highlighted because those words have nothing to do with the script. They just insert those words periodically to ensure they're properly edited
She said anybody that works on a call after 7:40 a.m Nigerian time today will have themselves to blame if they get an auto-1. So there is nothing you can do about yours. She said 163 calls received auto-1 in the past one hour.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Glistinin(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Guys does it mean that uba is now deducting withdrawal fee on Africard abi wetin?
I transferred from pp now come see the fee.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Cuteimma1:

But the calls I worked on were very clear that I was expecting nothing less than 4. I hope they have fixed it.

Not yet fixed though guys are still transcribing like that efight go plenty oooo cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by berbs: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
kinzu:

I get you bro. Auto 5 is still available though.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Cuteimma1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Okay. Thanks. I don't have Grammarly installed though...

The worst part of it is that there is no redo option

kinzu:

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
Glistinin:
Guys does it mean that uba is now deducting withdrawal fee on Africard abi wetin?
I transferred from pp now come see the fee.
Yes, they now charge a fee on every PayPal withdrawal to card.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
Oga madam (Arlene) says everyone can go back to work. I hope they pay me twice, one for the original and another one for the redo. No be data I use do am?

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.