Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1439706 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2020
Gmajor:
Guys is it now possible to buy something from Ali express?
I know deliveries were on temporarily haitus, but if I order for something now can I get it?

For over one month now, I don open dispute tire. Tracking some items showed arrival in Nigeria since a month ago but I no see am. So I just assume that maybe they all got stuck with customs. That doesn't stop me from claiming my money for goods not delivered though so I've had a couple of funds refunded back to me.

But I really need to be sure people have been receiving items now that lockdown has been relaxed significantly nationwide. Anyone?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Darlinx01(m): 10:25am On Jun 16, 2020
I dey try send enquiry to singapore post. Any ideas on how to? Or anyone knw der stupid email?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2020
Benedict44:
My product arrived since 25th march . No calls or SMS from post office . Please what do I do?

Just, better file dispute and collect your money back. If eventually it gets delivered, then you can discuss with the seller on how to give back his money.

As it is now, I assume most items that fall in that category actually reached the country, but has either:

1. Been returned to the seller when covid/country (Nigeria) lockdown precludes final delivery.
2. Missed in transit within the country when logistics have been messed up or hit hard due to covid induced zero NIPOST activity.
3. Gets to the port but maybe 9ja factor of some customs bad eggs don share am take am go haus.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:42am On Jun 16, 2020
Amocee:
Hello friends.
I ordered for an item on the 18th of May. The expected delivery date is 5th to 20th of June. The tracking information page hasn't shown delivered yet. The buyer's protection is 90 days. I have about 63 days or so left. Should the delivery date be followed or the buyer's protection period.

You follow the two info. The delivery date (purchase protection) becomes more vital when it is ending and your item seems evasive.

Amocee:
Another is that how can I get to know which post office the goods get delivered to cos I don't have any in my area at all. I live in Ogun state. I'll appreciate your quick replies

Your zip code matters. If it's put as part of the address, the post office knows best to deliver it to the functional post office that is nearest the destination address, strenghtened more/made easier by the presence of the zip code.

When all effort appears fruitless, your phone number is what the postmaster relies on as last effort to deliver the parcel. Is your phone number included in the delivery address?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2020
toksade203:
I picked up about 4 Orders today

1 Standard shipping (March)
1 Caniao (March 29)
1 Caniao (April 25)
1 Yanwen (April 29).

Mehn, Yanwen seems to be faster

Woah! NIPOST delivery has resumed? What's the location of delivery? Lagos, Ogun state?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Mrford:

I opened a dispute for onevof my item that automatically says successful delivery. Item was shipped in March 11th. China registered post mail. Tracking was stucked at left country of origin. Seller is now saying
"hi friend,
have you contact your post office to check the parcel,sometimes they may forget to delivery it.
could you cancel the dispute and go to your local post office to have a check?
if you can't receive it,we can offer resend or refund.
regards."

"the tracking details are update very slowly after we send out,could you try to check with tracking number RV363576185CN in your local office?
if you can't receive it at post office,we can offer resend or refund,please cancel the dispute."

Should i cancel the dispute?

If you are still within the purchase protection period you can temper justice with mercy and cancel the dispute BUT make sure you request another 30 days or so extension of purchase protection to be approved by the seller. In fact tell him that he should approve the extension of the purchase protection first, after which you will cancel dispute. You will see the speed at which he will approve it. But if you have like one day left for PP expiry and you take pity on him and cancel dispute thinking that he will extend protection, chances are high that he will not.

If on the other hand, purchase protection HAS RAN OUT, DON'T CANCEL o! The moment you cancel, you may not be able to open a new dispute especially if you've disputed twice prior. And that's the last you will hear from that seller.

No matter how nice they sound or how nice their ratings may appear, it's better you always put yourself in a position of advantage to the seller cos the moment positions are reversed, the seller will not respond to your messages again.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2020
acorntree:

This is much o. Did you not later receive some of these orders? Maybe you're suspended bec. they discovered you later received some of these orders. opening dispute on trackable item will always backfired.

It depends on your rating too. If your history shows that you have been consistent with appraisals of items that are expensive, they wouldn't consider that you will now open fake dispute on items that are cheap when they aren't delivered. Your dispute will not be contested.

I have opened several disputes this month's on items that are all below 10 dollars and 4 out of 5 have been approved. In my history, I have bought items of several hundred dollars without hitches.

Plus they also know that this COVID problem is also responsible for upsurge in disputes, only that some may now want to exploit that opportunity to file fake disputes.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2020
jmaine:
My April 11th order just left China two days ago via AliExpress Standard Shipping .... Imagine the travesty....

Lol.

Na snail dey carry the load, no vex.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by JESSE2(m): 11:03am On Jun 16, 2020
ceaser:

Apparently your order is still "within the period of purchase protection", so it is assumed that the only reasons your dissatisfaction/dispute may be valid is if you suspect and are able to prove that the buyer did one of the following:

1. Did not ship your order but claimed to do and issued you a misleading tracking number
2. Gave you an invalid tracking number
3. The item was shipped to a wrong address (as evidenced either by the tracking info or the shipping info provided to you by the seller)

According to the attached screenshot, your reason for dispute is that "purchase protection is running out" which isn't true, hence why your claim is considered invalid.

The only times such claim as "purchase protection is running out" is considered valid are when the purchase protection has actually ran out and within 15 days of it. If you took no action within that 15 days that the protection has ran out, it is deemed that you are satisfied and the funds will be released to the seller.

In this instance, what you can do is wait for the parcel to arrive. If you feel you need more time, you can message the seller to "extend the protection" by as much as 60 days. If you have no reasons to request extension, then you should closely monitor the time the purchase protection ends so that the moment it does and your parcel is yet undelivered, then boom, file your trade dispute!

Please next time, try to blot out in part, sensitive info about your parcels (like tracking number, order number, delivery address et Al) from screenshots before uploading online. Except absolutely necessary to leave such or requested for by the person willing to help you with inquiries, most other info that are not that sensitive usually suffice for most people to help you with answers.

By the way, anyone here has any idea if delivery of items on AE to Nigeria has resumed intra-covid or post-covid? Or has post office (not DHL or UPS o) delivered AE items to anyone this month?
thanks alot ,can i cancel the dispute nd Wait for it ,bcus i can see the buyer protection while dispute is still processing
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jmaine: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2020
ceaser:

Lol.

Na snail dey carry the load, no vex.

My brother... No be small thing oo... grin grin grin grin
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2020
Like this for instance, i've not been called from the PO to come take the parcel. It's like it has not even gotten there yet.

But has it really gotten into Nigeria, going by the tracking info?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2020
JESSE2:
thanks alot ,can i cancel the dispute nd Wait for it ,bcus i can see the buyer protection while dispute is still processing

You need to be sure what duration the BP remains before you cancel dispute. Shouldn't be less than 3 weeks.

What if you cancel now and realize that you have 1 hour 44 seconds of buyer protection left?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2020
iKingsley:
it's by luck. The devaluation doesn't stop custom from inspecting your parcel if they want to and if they do, you must be charged

Exactly.

But on the flip side, some NIpOST officials are mischievous. If the parcel escapes customs and they (NIPOST officials) know that it should have been taxed, then they will cook up an inflated amount (different from the regular collection stipend) disguised as valid customs tax which they will have you pay at the point of collection.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by JESSE2(m): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2020
ceaser:

You need to be sure what duration the BP remains before you cancel dispute. Shouldn't be less than 3 weeks.

What if you cancel now and realize that you have 1 hour 44 seconds of buyer protection left?
When i opened the dispute it was 19days -the 7 days of waiting plus today it will be 11 days remaining.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
earthrealm:

go to this thread and buy your solar items. justmanuel has delivered to many, hassle free

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/760#90337227

Baba, you dey come here too? grin

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by esekruzzz(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Is it safe to order from AliExpress with AliExpress standard shipping Want to get a new phone
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
tonididdy:

no?
Store A and B will ship separately/individually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
gidieberry:
that SunYou registered mail get issue, item do arrive faster but for no known reason, delivery is the problem. Have a similar case as well, Singapore Post wey arrive after am I don collect am forgt self
It's 9ja issue not SunYun o. It's always been like that (b4 COVID-19). Peeps in Lagos would have collected theirs long ago, especially those bn served by GPOs.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
ceaser:

Exactly.

But on the flip side, some NIpOST officials are mischievous. If the parcel escapes customs and they (NIPOST officials) know that it should have been taxed, then they will cook up an inflated amount (different from the regular collection stipend) disguised as valid customs tax which they will have you pay at the point of collection.
yeah. That's so unprofessional

Btw, I opened dispute on AliExpress concerning my order that was sent through DHL. It got missing after it reached Nigeria and was transferred through Lagos.
Dispute reason was 'protection time is running out and package is still in transit'
Even though I uploaded several photos of the tracking info which is stuck at 'delivery courier', and screenshot of the message sent by DHL Nigeria that the parcel can't be located.
I'm just thinking if it would be better I changed dispute reason to 'tracking problem'

What do you think?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
ceaser:
Like this for instance, i've not been called from the PO to come take the parcel. It's like it has not even gotten there yet.

But has it really gotten into Nigeria, going by the tracking info?
this one wey ya order don visit Customs laidis
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
jboixxx:
It's 9ja issue not SunYun o. It's always been like that (b4 COVID-19). Peeps in Lagos would have collected theirs long ago, especially those bn served by GPOs.
E too long ooo
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
gidieberry:
E too long ooo
That's the ish with untracked items.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
gidieberry:
cheesy
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Darlinx01(m): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
I just opened a dispute today as d seller refused to extend my dispute by 30 days saying he can only extend by 7 days. How long will it take to get my money back? And can i still get d order after d dispute, den refund later? Cuz ah really need to get da particular phone but cant remain phoneless as its already d 97th day. Any answers?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ades2016: 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
Darlinx01:
I dey try send enquiry to singapore post. Any ideas on how to? Or anyone knw der stupid email?

Lol..
This is their verified twitter account @SingPostCusCare. You can message them through that. I don tire for Singapore post sef

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by romoruyi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
You can actually start ordering now at aliexpress....

I have placed orders recently and they have all left the country of origin

Aliexpress standard shipping is now very fast
Yanwen also is very fast
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2020
jboixxx:
That's the ish with untracked items.
untracked ké, be like say you no see the screenshot, na registered mail by SunYou
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
iKingsley:
yeah. That's so unprofessional

Btw, I opened dispute on AliExpress concerning my order that was sent through DHL. It got missing after it reached Nigeria and was transferred through Lagos.
Dispute reason was 'protection time is running out and package is still in transit'
Even though I uploaded several photos of the tracking info which is stuck at 'delivery courier', and screenshot of the message sent by DHL Nigeria that the parcel can't be located.
I'm just thinking if it would be better I changed dispute reason to 'tracking problem'

What do you think?

I think tracking problem will be more appropriate. Just upload all the evidences supporting your claim. I'm optimistic that with that, AE team will likely arbitrate in your favour.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
romoruyi:
You can actually start ordering now at aliexpress....

I have placed orders recently and they have all left the country of origin

Aliexpress standard shipping is now very fast
Yanwen also is very fast

It's one thing for the items to have "left", it's another for them to get delivered. Majority of the disputes that I opened within 6 weeks (about seven disputes) were all shipped, but didn't get here.

Although there is a single case of the seller trying to play me by claiming to have shipped it and giving me a tracking number of a shipped item to Nigeria. I ordered item on the 26th of April and seller claimed to ship by 4th of May. I tracked it and guess what? The tracking showed that item was shipped by 6th of March and delivered by 31st of March.

Can you imagine that dishonest and quarter smart seller?

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
gidieberry:

I think that is foreign customs, not Nigerian customs.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
Darlinx01:
I just opened a dispute today as d seller refused to extend my dispute by 30 days saying he can only extend by 7 days.

What was your reason for opening the dispute? If it was BP running out and the seller isn't willing to give you more time, no wahala. Just closely monitor the time as it lapses. Make sure you file dispute the moment purchase protection expires and not a minute later. The seller will likely beg you to cancel dispute yearning nonsense about your parcel being delayed or that you should visit your local post office or that Corona is affecting things. Just ignore him the same way he ignored your request for purchase extension and don't forget to remind him that he failed to approve your request for adequate extension of BO which could have favoured both of you, but since he refused, you have to get back your money for items undelivered.

Make sure you have your evidences uploaded though cos AE arbitration team can be funny sometimes.

Darlinx01:
How long will it take to get my money back?

I get refund into my account like within 10 days of final arbitration. GTBank.

Darlinx01:
And can i still get d order after d dispute, den refund later? Cuz ah really need to get da particular phone but cant remain phoneless as its already d 97th day. Any answers?

If the item was indeed shipped and was not returned to the seller but delivery was truly delayed, then you may still get it. When you do, communicate with the seller. He will suggest the idea of paying him thru paypal. If you don't have PayPal, he will suggest that you should make payment for similar item in his store. He will not ship it but give the computer an impression that it has been shipped. On your part, you are expected to acknowledge "item delivered" after like 24hrs or 48hrs when "item shipped" pops up. Then the money will be released to the seller.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by toksade203: 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
ceaser:

Woah! NIPOST delivery has resumed? What's the location of delivery? Lagos, Ogun state?

Hello, Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (1439) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.