Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1461097 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (1443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Martinkingjnr: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hi Guys,
Greetings here, Please I earnestly need our assistance here, I had placed an order on "SIM Card Tray Slot Holder LG G6" aliexpress, on 11th of March, it's my first time though. Learnt orders have been coming in, but nothing seems happening at my end.
it's become a matter of concern and makes me worried, had visited my post office Twice, was told they've got no delivery from aliexpress since Febuary.
Wrote to the buyer severally, his last response reads;
"dear, i contacted with the shipping company, they said your parcel need some times to delivery ,hope you can patient wait"
I had been patient enough, But it's become more vexing because orders keeps rolling in, decided escalating this here for further assistance..
I did the tracking thing, Attached bellow the tracks Quote
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Martinkingjnr:
Hi Guys,
Greetings here, Please I earnestly need our assistance here, I had placed an order on "SIM Card Tray Slot Holder LG G6" aliexpress, on 11th of March, it's my first time though. Learnt orders have been coming in, but nothing seems happening at my end.
it's become a matter of concern and makes me worried, had visited my post office Twice, was told they've got no delivery from aliexpress since Febuary.
Wrote to the buyer severally, his last response reads;
"dear, i contacted with the shipping company, they said your parcel need some times to delivery ,hope you can patient wait"
I had been patient enough, But it's become more vexing because orders keeps rolling in, decided escalating this here for further assistance..
I did the tracking thing, Attached bellow the tracks Quote
Nothing attached.

If your tracking starts with S00****, it's already in 9ja but it's our system that's responsible for the delayed delivery.

Attach the pix, let's see.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by romoruyi(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
bamdly:

cos i am looking for who base in lagos and can help me order from aliexpress
cos the site get plenty rule

I can help out if you want....contact via WhatsApp: 08132838328
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sinaoye(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
I received a message from AliExpress that my order is ready. But I have not received a call from the post office. What could be the problem.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bamdly(m): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
ceaser:

There's no AliExpress rules stringent enough to preclude you from accessing items on it. They are e-commerce site with much less prejudice against Nigerians than eBay and Amazon did few years ago. The latter duo just opened their portal for Nigerians to purchase few years ago, meanwhile AE has been available for Nigerian shoppers much longer.

Please try to do this thing yourself, I can assure you that you will enjoy it and learn a lot too. There may be one or two hitches here and there at the beginning which is why it is advisable that you purchase 1 USD, 2 USD or 3 USD items when just starting until you get the hang of it when you can now graduate to buying more expensive items.

There's nothing as exhilarating as fishing yourself, far better than having someone fish for you.
one last thing boss will i still have to pay for custom if it reach Nigeria
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Benedict44(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
Benedict44:
My product arrived since 25th march . No calls or SMS from post office . Please what do I do?
Hello guys, I decided to file a dispute today since the extra 15 days that Aliexpress gives will expire on Monday. I ordered this product since February and after 60 days, the seller extended delivery by another 30 days and the extra 30 days expired on 6th. So, I am only left with the 15 days that aliexpress usually adds and that will expire on Monday. So, I decided to file for a dispute today because, after Monday, everything will be over. And I have also chatted with the buyer on Skype and explained to him why I filed for dispute. He assured me that there customer rep will handle it. I just hope that their customer rep will accept the dispute.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
Benedict44:
Hello guys, I decided to file a dispute today since the extra 15 days that Aliexpress gives will expire on Monday. I ordered this product since February and after 60 days, the seller extended delivery by another 30 days and the extra 30 days expired on 6th. So, I am only left with the 15 days that aliexpress usually adds and that will expire on Monday. So, I decided to file for a dispute today because, after Monday, everything will be over. And I have also chatted with the buyer on Skype and explained to him why I filed for dispute. He assured me that there customer rep will handle it. I just hope that their customer rep will accept the dispute.
Since your order had already reach Completed and order yet to arrive, you will surely win ya dispute, if seller give you rubbish proposal, Reject am and wait for Aliexpress verdict.
I go show you example

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by tonididdy(m): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hello famz.
Finally did my first test run on AE with fidelity bank card @430

Pls what do these images entail?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by genius43(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
tonididdy:
Hello famz.
Finally did my first test run on AE with fidelity bank card @430

Pls what do these images entail?

Use track24.net to track.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
bamdly:

one last thing boss will i still have to pay for custom if it reach Nigeria

It depends.

Usually large items that go thru DHL, UPS are almost always taxed by customs. I've once had a charge controller thru UPS that was not taxed by customs. In fact, I didn't pay an extra dime on it at delivery, meanwhile I ALWAYS pay stipends (btw 100 naira to 500 naira depending on the weight) to NIPOST people each time they deliver my items - I'm not sure if this monies are legal.

Most small items that go thru NIPOST end delivery are not charged by customs and until recently I've had solar inverters thru NIPOST without customs fees except those stipends at the post office. However around late last year, I was charged 8k on an inverter at NIPOST whereas 3 months and 6 months prior I had the same inverter delivered twice at the same post office and paid 700 naira on each occassion. That was when I suspected that the post office people may be doing wayo disguising large money's as customs fees on items.

I did confront them with the irregularities and what they told me was that customs realized that increasing number of people are buying inverters and they are therefore on the lookout for such items with the mind of taxing such for more revenues. Such items also include mobile phones.

Note that solar materials appears to be on list of items excluded from tax, but you know the bad attitude of Nigerian uniform men.

In summary, small items thru NIPOST don't usually attract customs tax except large items. This tax on large items passing thru NIPOST may be false declaration (I'm not sure yet) aimed at extorting the recipients.

Items thru DHL especially irrespective of the size are likely to attract customs tax. UPS seems to be more reasonable with small items but they will forward your bills to you including customs tax on any large items that is in their custody.

Although I equally believe that the duo (DHL and UPS) may also be defrauding recipients with false customs tax declaration, probably worse and more likely practiced by DHL.

NB: These are my own experience in 8 years I've shopped on AE. Mine may differ from other people.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by acorntree(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
jboixxx:
Nothing attached.

If your tracking starts with S00****, it's already in 9ja but it's our system that's responsible for the delayed delivery.

pls what's happening to this S00000122651739
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please who has gotten delivery from DHL of late?

Is it true that DHL is also experiencing delay?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
acorntree:

pls what's happening to this S00000122651739
If you're bn served by a GPO in Lagos, you shouldn't have delayed delivery, otherwise, you might.

I was told that they don't send unregistered items straight to your state/PO but to your national Zonal HQs. Those of us in NE are under Bauchi Zone, so all unregistered items go to Bauchi before dispatch to respective states/PO (depending on how knowledgeable about PO locations/routes the officer in charge is).

I got 1 out of about 5 of such S00 that's been in 9ja since March last week. So, if that item is impt. and urgent, don't use any of those S00s if you're not in Lagos (and probably served by any of the GPOs) or Southwest (during this COVID-19).
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
ceaser:
Please who has gotten delivery from DHL of late?

Is it true that DHL is also experiencing delay?
yes
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lainwords098(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
My stash was shipped last month using aliexpress standard shipping, and supposed to be delivered btween 10 and 25 dis month which is next week fri. How do i check buyer protection period?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by gidieberry(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
lainwords098:
My stash was shipped last month using aliexpress standard shipping, and supposed to be delivered btween 10 and 25 dis month which is next week fri. How do i check buyer protection period?
i guess this ya first time using aliexpress

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
iKingsley:
yes

Oh no! How much delay? Cos I just placed an order selecting DHL shipping option and insisting the seller does not change my choice.

I had assumed things was gonna get fast with DHL option but slow with the other option being Singapore post.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Dolphineyes(m): 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
gidieberry:
Since your order had already reach Completed and order yet to arrive, you will surely win ya dispute, if seller give you rubbish proposal, Reject am and wait for Aliexpress verdict.
I go show you example

Oops, I quoted the wrong post.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Dolphineyes(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Benedict44:

These things require patience, you know. Especially now that the pandemic has disrupted international travel.

I have an item that hasn’t moved since April 17th. Having been buying things from AliExpress for some time now, without any ish I must add, I have come to expect the delay I’m experiencing now.
After 66days “in transit,” I got an update that my item has been “dispatched to overseas....”

You item will come. If you can be patient.
You might try to sort things out with the seller.
It’s your call.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bamdly(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
ceaser:

It depends.

Usually large items that go thru DHL, UPS are almost always taxed by customs. I've once had a charge controller thru UPS that was not taxed by customs. In fact, I didn't pay an extra dime on it at delivery, meanwhile I ALWAYS pay stipends (btw 100 naira to 500 naira depending on the weight) to NIPOST people each time they deliver my items - I'm not sure if this monies are legal.

Most small items that go thru NIPOST end delivery are not charged by customs and until recently I've had solar inverters thru NIPOST without customs fees except those stipends at the post office. However around late last year, I was charged 8k on an inverter at NIPOST whereas 3 months and 6 months prior I had the same inverter delivered twice at the same post office and paid 700 naira on each occassion. That was when I suspected that the post office people may be doing wayo disguising large money's as customs fees on items.

I did confront them with the irregularities and what they told me was that customs realized that increasing number of people are buying inverters and they are therefore on the lookout for such items with the mind of taxing such for more revenues. Such items also include mobile phones.

Note that solar materials appears to be on list of items excluded from tax, but you know the bad attitude of Nigerian uniform men.

In summary, small items thru NIPOST don't usually attract customs tax except large items. This tax on large items passing thru NIPOST may be false declaration (I'm not sure yet) aimed at extorting the recipients.

Items thru DHL especially irrespective of the size are likely to attract customs tax. UPS seems to be more reasonable with small items but they will forward your bills to you including customs tax on any large items that is in their custody.

Although I equally believe that the duo (DHL and UPS) may also be defrauding recipients with false customs tax declaration, probably worse and more likely practiced by DHL.

NB: These are my own experience in 8 years I've shopped on AE. Mine may differ from other people.
thanks boss i fully understood and u swear nairaland need more people like you
wow thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
ceaser:

Oh no! How much delay? Cos I just placed an order selecting DHL shipping option and insisting the seller does not change my choice.

I had assumed things was gonna get fast with DHL option but slow with the other option being Singapore post.
yeah, it's fast after DHL picks up but before that, it can stay up to 15 days before it moves.

If you are lucky and do not get that 'on hold' info on your tracking, you might get it in 2weeks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sinaoye(m): 1:53am On Jun 19, 2020
Good morning guys
Last week, I started playing the energy lab on the AliExpress summer sale (thanks Jboixxx for helping)
I was able to complete the tasks and won the item, Xiaomi airpod worth around 18dollars. I was given a coupon for the amount but only to be used for the item.
I tried getting the item only to discover that the seller is not shipping to Nigeria. I chatted with the seller and he refused to ship to Nigeria.
I chatted with AliExpress customer service and they said they cannot force the seller to ship to Nigeria.
Please help, is there any way round the issue
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lainwords098(m): 2:17am On Jun 19, 2020
gidieberry:
i guess this ya first time using aliexpress
No, just that have never had a case where i would have to wait above the intial calculated time of delivery. Just as have notice ppl having to wait for up to 70 days and above
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 3:23am On Jun 19, 2020
lainwords098:

No, just that have never had a case where i would have to wait above the intial calculated time of delivery. Just as have notice ppl having to wait for up to 70 days and above
Welcome to the COVID-19 AliExpress!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lainwords098(m): 3:28am On Jun 19, 2020
jboixxx:
Cheers! bro
jboixxx:
[color=#0000ff] Welcome to the COVID-19 AliExpress!
Cheers! bro[/color]
jboixxx:
Cheers! bro
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 4:00am On Jun 19, 2020
iKingsley:
yeah, it's fast after DHL picks up but before that, it can stay up to 15 days before it moves.

If you are lucky and do not get that 'on hold' info on your tracking, you might get it in 2weeks

Okay. I don't mind that "DHL pick up" waiting period delay so long as the delay is not extended to transit and delivery periods.

You see, I have opened too much dispute (for undelivered items) for comfort within the last 2 weeks that I am hoping not to have to file dispute again anytime soon.

The "processing time" for shipping according to AE is 12 days, so I should expect my item shipped within the next 12 days.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 4:05am On Jun 19, 2020
sinaoye:
Good morning guys
Last week, I started playing the energy lab on the AliExpress summer sale (thanks Jboixxx for helping)
I was able to complete the tasks and won the item, Xiaomi airpod worth around 18dollars. I was given a coupon for the amount but only to be used for the item.
I tried getting the item only to discover that the seller is not shipping to Nigeria. I chatted with the seller and he refused to ship to Nigeria.
I chatted with AliExpress customer service and they said they cannot force the seller to ship to Nigeria.
Please help, is there any way round the issue

They know what they are doing. I believe all na scam.

Why didn't they allow you to use the coupon with sellers that ship to Nigeria?

I won't be surprised if by the time you select the item and chose the option of paying with your card instead, then the "seller does not ship to your country" tab disappears.

Nevertheless, if you still wanna use the coupon on the item, you may use the facilities of some guys on NL that operate as Chinese dropshippers for items bought off of AE. But you may have to pay them processing and a token as shipping fees.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by sinaoye(m): 4:24am On Jun 19, 2020
ceaser:

They know what they are doing. I believe all na scam.

Why didn't they allow you to use the coupon with sellers that ship to Nigeria?

I won't be surprised if by the time you select the item and chose the option of paying with your card instead, then the "seller does not ship to your country" tab disappears.

Nevertheless, if you still wanna use the coupon on the item, you may use the facilities of some guys on NL that operate as Chinese dropshippers for items bought off of AE. But you may have to pay them processing and a token as shipping fees.

Please can you recommend any of the guys u mentioned so I can contact them. Thanks.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Martinkingjnr: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2020
jboixxx:
Nothing attached.

Tracking starts with UB****
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Martinkingjnr: 7:38am On Jun 19, 2020
jboixxx:
Nothing attached.

Tried severally attaching file, when I submit, it doesn't come through. Dunno what the problem probably is, had worked with the stipulated size's for Attachments; It still wouldn't come through..
The Tracking digit would do a better job helping, **UB1004116135G**
No call for alarm, not so much Valuable ..
Thanks alot, looking forward to reading from you..
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 8:31am On Jun 19, 2020
sinaoye:

Please can you recommend any of the guys u mentioned so I can contact them. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788753/order-frm-usaukchina-dubai-nigeria
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 8:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Martinkingjnr:

Tracking starts with UB****
Open dispute if & when possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (1443) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: excel127(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.