Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach (36885 Views)

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 / Even Tunde Disu Warned Rohr On His Tactics / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chiwude:
Who told you the NFF won't pay the outstanding bonus. Are they in the tournament for sight seeing? Which team goes to a major tournament and start asking for paid bonus outrightly. Is that why they were invited, for money or for the trophy. If it's for money, then they should pack their bags and come back home. The tournament is for serious people not money chasers.
These players signed a code of conduct document in 2014 and they should abide by it. How many African countries do you see crying for bonus anytime they go to a competition. This nonsense should stop.

Oga how much did NFF pay u.. You're just vomiting trash. There's what we call match bonus for every match, the price of bonus depends on whether you win, draw or lose. It's credited in their account immediately after the match. Even in ordinary friendly match, they're paid appearance bonus.

Even the THREE LIONS OF ENGLAND are paid match day bonus. SE money was released through the ministry of sports. But the incompetent and corrupt NFF president seems to be playing politics with the only thing that unite us.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
Listar:

If u will be interested in agriculture, reply me

Sorry to interrupt, might not ave upto they guy cash but i ave bin thinking abt agriculture for a while now which one do you in mind bcus am also interested
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by somehow: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
Not yet time to speculate. When it's certain he's been sacked, we can start the debate.

Ubdavis:

If I may ask u now, who would u project for the job?
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Ikpongiton: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
sack him for what? is he not better than buhari?he is trying with the national team and can still manage our economy better than bubu.

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
izzou:

And funny enough, these are foreign players that can afford to take care of themselves till when the bonus is paid

Our Falcons played till they crashed out without protesting.... And people like Mikel and Musa can't even play for our glory

If I were NFF, I would personally withhold that bonus and let me see if they will play or not

Set of very useless players

You're dead wrong. The problem is not about patriotism or not. You're not more patriotic than Ahmed Musa or Assisat Oshola . The koko be say the FIFA paid millions of pounds to the NFF 4 d participation of Nigeria women team in the on-going world cup in France. Yet Nff no wan give the players one kobo. Who told you they didn't protest? people that refused to leave d team's hotel after they crashed out against Germany!

The same happened with the Flying Eagle @ the Under 20 world cup in Poland.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Megatrix: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
Why fire a coach in the middle of a tournament?
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
Lamasta:
All of them in NFF should be sacked as well my God how do you expect someone to perform when you did not pay them there bonuses where will they get there motivation from?

Just match bonuses. If they fight over match bonuses, they should not even be near the team. They are more like mercenaries. They play for all of the money, even mere bonuses.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Oga how much did NFF pay u.. You're just vomiting trash. There's what we call match bonus for every match, the price of bonus depends on whether you win, draw or lose. It's credited in their account immediately after the match. Even in ordinary friendly match, they're paid appearance bonus.

Even the THREE LIONS OF ENGLAND are paid match day bonus. SE money was released through the ministry of sports. But the incompetent and corrupt NFF president seems to be playing politics with the only thing that unite us.

Many of you don't even know what shame these Super Eagles bring to Africa with the way they comport themselves. Are they the only ones being owed? All the Malagasy team are not even as wealthy as Mikel Obi or even Ahmed Musa but you can see how hard they play for their country.

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by handsomeyinka(m): 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
Groundout rohr.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

You're dead wrong. The problem is not about patriotism or not. You're not more patriotic than Ahmed Musa or Assisat Oshola . The koko be say the FIFA paid millions of pounds to the NFF 4 d participation of Nigeria women team in the on-going world cup in France. Yet Nff no wan give the players one kobo. Who told you they didn't protest? people that refused to leave d team's hotel after they crashed out against Germany!

The same happened with the Flying Eagle @ the Under 20 world cup in Poland.

Why is it always Nigeria or maybe sometimes Ghana? Are they the only ones being owed? The other sports don't even get as much motivation but they go out there and put in a lot of efforts. If I were the NFF chairman, I would not even be motivated to pay bonuses for drab wins against Guinea and Burundi. What is the assurance that other teams like Mali and Ivory Coast have had their players totally settled?

Why motivation is good, platform is also good. When you play for your country, you harness platforms to sell yourself to bigger and better clubs. So, they are benefiting from wearing the SE jersey as well.

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by kenzysmith: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
Ubdavis:
Na so we go dey run ur mouth. Nigeria couldn't go to AFCON in the previous 2 editions, he qualified us without hassle, went to world cup too. ... We put all blame on the coach, which player in that team can u really vouch for . that team is an embodiment of average players, don't expect magic o!!!
God bless u bro
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
I understand that Rohr is not the best tactian who can take us to the highest level. But the NFF led by Pinnick is trying to make him the scape goat. How on earth will you owe players.. Football is business in this age... so you need all the tools/instrument to motivate your players to be firing on all cylinders.

Our president came out the other day to say he has given directives/released the money for their bonus to be paid, but Musa said before the match against Madagascar that even though Buhari gave the order. The NFF have not paid them.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by anjilgreat(f): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good day all

Please I've someone (Uncle) who works with an agency, he wants to loan me 2-3m for me to start up life, but I must pay back the money in 1year.

The problem now is I don't know the kind of business to start with 2m that can grow faster that I will be able to pay back the money, I'm thinking of doing working visa to outside country to go and work (I'm not a graduate) I've been so confused like I don't even know what to do again, because this opportunity came by sudden to me last week after I told him I want to do something for my life but I don't have capital to start

Please I need suggestions is it good to start business here in Nigeria?

Should I travel out to work if yes which country please

I'm in my early twenties please and remember any suggestion you will make, remember I've to pay back the money on 12months

The option of travelling out of the country should not be an option for you since it's a borrowed money.

First of all, look at your immediate environment and identify a consumption need you can meet with a business. I'll also advice that you diversify your investment and also invest in finished agricultural products like storing palmoil now that it's cheap and sell when it becomes expensive.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Why is it always Nigeria or maybe sometimes Ghana? Are they the only ones being owed? The other sports don't even get as much motivation but they go out there and put in a lot of efforts. If I were the NFF chairman, I would not even be motivated to pay bonuses for drab wins against Guinea and Burundi. What is the assurance that other teams like Mali and Ivory Coast have had their players totally settled?

Why motivation is good, platform is also good. When you play for your country, you harness platforms to sell yourself to bigger and better clubs. So, they are benefiting from wearing the SE jersey as well.

Mention any one or two national team that is a member of FIFA that doesn't pay match bonus to her players!?? if you cannot, then keep mute please.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by GeniusJ(m): 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]
I'm a banker, WhatsApp me on 08065085923 (N/B: WhatsApp only oh) and when chatting, address me as Genius J. Hope to hear from you soon.

IneedSugarMumy1:
Good day all

Please I've someone (Uncle) who works with an agency, he wants to loan me 2-3m for me to start up life, but I must pay back the money in 1year.

The problem now is I don't know the kind of business to start with 2m that can grow faster that I will be able to pay back the money, I'm thinking of doing working visa to outside country to go and work (I'm not a graduate) I've been so confused like I don't even know what to do again, because this opportunity came by sudden to me last week after I told him I want to do something for my life but I don't have capital to start

I'm in my early twenties please and remember any suggestion you will make, remember I've to pay back the money on 12months
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2019
davibid:
Nonesense!

What do they expect him to do with the average players we have. If I may ask, how many of the Super Eagles play regular football in their respective clubs in the diaspora? I mean first team players in their clubs and If any it’s not up to five. Mikel and his likes that are supposed to be cheering the team from the stands is on the field contributing absolutely nothing to the team.

Whenever you see Ndidi play you’ll see why clubs like Mautd and Atletico are coming for him. By the way despite the mediocre players we have how do you expect them to perform when you’re owing from coaching staff to all the players.

Please stop complaining and make do with what we have.

Meanwhile I hope they’ve arrested Pinnick

This is not a matter of average players. What players does Madagascar have? A good coach can make something extraordinary out of a team of average players.

But Rohr does not appear committed at all. And there is this inferiority complex or defeatist stance he has. And it is like he is not in charge of his team. Reminds me of secondary school. In our school team, the coach will just come and be asking "Who wants to play today". Then when the match has begun, you will see players on the bench telling him, "Coach, Timi is tired. Let me enter for him." And our coach will just do follow follow like a zombie.

I am sure that that is the sort of coach Rohr is.

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Mention any one or two national team that is a member of FIFA that doesn't pay match bonus to her players!?? if you cannot, then keep mute please.

First of all, match bonus is not a FIFA rule. Any country's federation can decide to or not to pay match bonuses. This was proven when NFF canceled match bonuses for age grade national teams, including the Falcons and resolved only to pay camp allowances.

Second, the issue is not whether match bonuses should be paid but whether players can't represent their countries without thinking about match bonuses as some incentives.

Which culminate into my question: are we the only team that gets owed match bonuses?

Remember match bonuses are what they are. They are bonuses, not main wages.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Many of you don't even know what shame these Super Eagles bring to Africa with the way they comport themselves. Are they the only ones being owed? All the Malagasy team are not even as wealthy as Mikel Obi or even Ahmed Musa but you can see how hard they play for their country.

They play hard because their country football governing body doesn't owe them. It's not about being wealthy. Oga dis money dey 4 Nff budget, one or two person just wan chop d money alone.

If Nigeria or NFF come out to declare that due to poor export of crude oil, we're bankrupt. We can no longer afford to sponsor our citizens/athletics, players to international tournament like, IAAF DIAMOND LEAGUE, FIBA, OLYMPICS, FIFA WORLD CUP, AFCON, FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP amongst others, then these groups of players won't complain about match bonus/money.
Not when a large sum of money were released by the ministry of sports, then two or three fat bellied men in office receiving fresh AC, who doesn't know what it takes to play football for 90minz under hot sun hijack all the money under the canopy of corruption.

Then you come online to question the players patriotism, are you alright @ all?

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Chanchit:
For not making Chukwueze a permanent starter and not playing onyekuru at all, his offense has no forgiveness. I support we add two bullet to the firing.
I know say my guy forgiveness go don see this one.. hehehe
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by mfm04622: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
davibid:
Nonesense!

What do they expect him to do with the average players we have. If I may ask, how many of the Super Eagles play regular football in their respective clubs in the diaspora? I mean first team players in their clubs and If any it’s not up to five. Mikel and his likes that are supposed to be cheering the team from the stands is on the field contributing absolutely nothing to the team.

Whenever you see Ndidi play you’ll see why clubs like Mautd and Atletico are coming for him. By the way despite the mediocre players we have how do you expect them to perform when you’re owing from coaching staff to all the players.

He was given free hand to pick his players. So it is his fault if we have average players
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

They play hard because their country football governing body doesn't owe them. It's not about being wealthy. Oga dis money dey 4 Nff budget, one or two person just wan chop d money alone.

If Nigeria or NFF come out to declare that due to poor export of crude oil, we're bankrupt. We can no longer afford to sponsor our citizens/athletics, players to international tournament like, IAAF DIAMOND LEAGUE, FIBA, OLYMPICS, FIFA WORLD CUP, AFCON, FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP amongst others, then these groups of players won't complain about match bonus/money.
Not when a large sum of money were released by the ministry of sports, then two or three fat bellied men in office receiving fresh AC, who doesn't know what it takes to play football for 90minz under hot sun hijack all the money under the canopy of corruption.

Then you come online to question the players patriotism, are you alright @ all?

You and the Super Eagles are not alright.

Were they owed money aside match bonuses?

If I were the NFF executive council chair, I would cancel match bonuses for the Super Eagles as well. Anyone who doesn't want to play should reject invitation.

Even with match bonuses, they still play like mediocre secondary school two aside teams.

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

First of all, match bonus is not a FIFA rule. Any country's federation can decide to or not to pay match bonuses. This was proven when NFF canceled match bonuses for age grade national teams, including the Falcons and resolved only to pay camp allowances.

Second, the issue is not whether match bonuses should be paid but whether players can't represent their countries without thinking about match bonuses as some incentives.

Which culminate into my question: are we the only team that gets owed match bonuses?

Remember match bonuses are what they are. They are bonuses, not main wages.

Ogbeni you didn't answer my question. Just mention two countries that doesn't pay match bonus to their players (national team)....

If you cannot tell me,, then I'm done with you concerning this matter.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Skseries: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
davibid:
Nonesense!

lol, average players? Which of the Madagascar player has better predegree than our player? How many eagypt player plays in European clubs? U just make unreasonable excuses, were they owe any money at the world cup? Have their play change from then and now? Have u every seen these set of players PlayL with urgency that other teams do, have u ever seen then feel sober about losing a game? Have u heard how much they earn at the world cup and to earn now for the little they do on pitch? Do u know it's been said that they had been paid their allowance even before the match? Do u know their money was already in Egypt but they refuse to collect it bcus they insisted they want it in dollars?
Do you know amunike have only spend one year with tazania and he qualified them for AFCON even played a more offensive game than us. Is there any other team in AFCON with just 3 midfielders and all are defensive? And 9 attackers. Do u know your coach that has 9 attackers in his team selection said oyenkuru osinme are not ready for big games? Do u know rohr has spent 3years with the eagles and still doesn't jave a first choice goal keeper, same uzoho he said was the best last world cup is on the bench now, do u know Rhor said those 3 goal.keeper are the best in Nigeria? Have u ever seen rohr confidently say he will win a match or competition? Have u ever seen him make tactically adjustment during a match? Nigeria vs agentina at the world cup showed how tactically unsound that Rhor is....... If he couldn't make a simple defensive adjustment with 8mins to go in a match he is winning.. then I don't understand what excuses anyone is making for him. Madagascar was leading us one zero and the first change he made was like for like, brought in a ididi, in a match we are suppose to dominate? 3years and no playing style? Just jog ball Round and hope one individual brilliance happens and we score? Meantion one convincing match we have fun aside from Libya match? We draw against Zimbabwe at home and ur coach gave excuse of bad pitch? No be same pitch Zimbabwe played away from. home? Abeg jor if pikin no kmow book he no know book.... Next match we are coming home..... This is what u get when u go and beg players from other country to play for us...

1 Like

Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

You and the Super Eagles are not alright.

Were they owed money aside match bonuses?

If I were the NFF executive council chair, I would cancel match bonuses for the Super Eagles as well. Anyone who doesn't want to play should reject invitation.

Even with match bonuses, they still play like mediocre secondary school two aside teams.

Na u sabi.... Just waiting for the court to give arrest warrant 4 the police to arrest the incompetent Amaju Pinnick..
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by BluntBoy(m): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Ogbeni you didn't answer my question. Just mention two countries that doesn't pay match bonus to their players (national team)....

If you cannot tell me,, then I'm done with you concerning this matter.

My question stands first.

Are we the only team owed?
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Rizmo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2019
suitlovers:

Nigeria is a dumping ground.

Any thing comes in ... shmm

Discover where to buy the best and finest quality UK suits for men at 15,000 Naira.

Feel free to check my signature below.

Commented on your blog. Check and send details via my email.

Thanks
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Skseries: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2019
Kingosytex:
NFF is just dumb. Rohr can't even coach the 50th division in Germany and here he is coaching eagles. If Rohr is spectacular then why isn't he coaching any great side

NFF should stop wasting millions on Rohr, he doesn't know what he is doing
someone that spends more time abroad than the country he is coaching, this was what olise wanted to do coach from abroad and nff refuse, and to think Rhor have been collecting free money for 3yrs for doing scouting work lolzz nawa o, if u know the work amunike is doing in tazania for their football. And we have one man who decided at day one of job that the home base are not good... Rhor the coach of super eagles foreign base. Lol, with all the time he has he can't even coach CHAN eagles. Can't watch local league but can run over Europe looking for 3rd division player.. na lazy man looking for finish product
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by sharpwriter(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
lilfreezy:
Best news. Fire the German fraud. Someone that a 30th division team in Germany will never employ. NFF keeps bringing foreign trash

Lol... Don't mind him... Berti Vogts is still the worst foreign and German coach we have ever had though... That one na complete mumu... Even Ladan Bosso is better than him. grin
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Kingosytex(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
Skseries:
someone that spends more time abroad than the country he is coaching, this was what olise wanted to do coach from abroad and nff refuse, and to think Rhor have been collecting free money for 3yrs for doing scouting work lolzz nawa o, if u know the work amunike is doing in tazania for their football. And we have one man who decided at day one of job that the home base are not good... Rhor the coach of super eagles foreign base. Lol, with all the time he has he can't even coach CHAN eagles. Can't watch local league but can run over Europe looking for 3rd division player.. na lazy man looking for finish product

You just said the truth
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by Gclems: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good day all

If you are truly very serious then contact via whatsapp only 07037184144. I have something for you that will help pay that loan back in 12 month
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by KevMitnick: 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
This NFF is maaaaaaaaad. Pay the players their bonuses and stop fooling yourselves.
Re: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach by sharpwriter(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2019
rusher14:
Get Amunike and give him time.

Amuneke that I'm not sure has qualified Tanzania for round of 16... Please talk another thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tokyo Olympics: Five Nigerians Who Won Medals For Other Countries / Victor Osimhen Apologizes To Punch Over "Na Thunder Go Fire Una" Statement / Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.